PDA

View Full Version : David West to opt out!

SpursGlory
06-27-2011, 08:37 PM
It was confirmed today that PF David West would be opting out of his contract to test free agency. He could definitely help our lack luster front line, which was exposed in the playoffs against Memphis. Is there anyway we could get this guy?

R.C. & Pop in the words of Big Black "Do Work Son"

DesignatedT
06-27-2011, 08:39 PM
Don't have enough $ to offer. Especially when New orleans has already offered close to 9 mil/season before he decided to opt out.

DesignatedT
06-27-2011, 08:39 PM
double post.

TwelveGs210
06-27-2011, 08:43 PM
Sign and trade for Boner.

SpursGlory
06-27-2011, 08:49 PM
I don't believe he is opting out of his contract just to get more money with a team that doesn't have a chance at winning a title. He most definitely wouldn't pass up 9mil/season with the Hornets for no reason with no CBA in place. He wants to win a championship, and there are teams who could use someone like this guy to get them over the hump.

texbumTHElife
06-27-2011, 10:12 PM
He will get way more money than he is worth. He is wildly inconsistent and disappears for long stretches of time both defensively and offensively. No thanks.

BackHome
06-27-2011, 10:38 PM
Bad back and now bad knees .......i will pass.....

CGD
06-27-2011, 10:48 PM
Kind of silly to opt out with the uncertainty of the CBA, then again, his deal was front loaded anyway. Sadly, we won't be able to pay him what he wants. Only way we're getting something is swapping contracts.

NewcastleKEG
06-27-2011, 11:23 PM
I don't believe he is opting out of his contract just to get more money with a team that doesn't have a chance at winning a title. He most definitely wouldn't pass up 9mil/season with the Hornets for no reason with no CBA in place. He wants to win a championship, and there are teams who could use someone like this guy to get them over the hump.
Given his age and injury, it's time to get paid. He can ring chase later

Sean Cagney
06-28-2011, 09:58 PM
Overraated as helllll, and will be too much.

slick'81
06-28-2011, 10:12 PM
um yeah he opted to to get paid and he wont in sa same with chandler or nene

admiralsnackbar
06-28-2011, 10:57 PM
um yeah he opted to to get paid and he wont in sa same with chandler or nene
Bingo. All marketable FA bigs not already drawing large salaries are going to shop around and try for a money contract before the new CBA goes through.

As for West, as talented as he can be, he is also easily broken -- not just physically, but mentally. I attribute many of the Spurs PO victories against the Hornets to both West and Paul's capacity to get taken out of their game emotionally. He may want to get paid like the man, but he won't ever be the man. He won't even be K-Mart, who's consistently fallen short of being the man despite his paycheck. In other words: at the price he'll demand for himself? No thanks.