PDA

View Full Version : China Could Temporarily Derail Sterns Plans To Pressure NBA Players Into A Bad Deal

Koolaid_Man
06-28-2011, 06:58 AM
I hope so...David Stern and every owner outside of LA, NY, Chicago, and Boston needs to be taught a lesson.

This is a players leauge...the players drive the revenue...so they should get more of the BRI and revenue sharing should be hashed out amongst incompetent owners. The recent success of lower teams like Memphis, OKC, New Orleans, 76ers and even the Bucks show that smaller market teams can make money and compete.

I hope China or a band of European organizations Sponser the NBA players through the summer and beyond in the event of a lock-out. This would sort of resemble a war chest of extra cash the players have to play with, the recent draft picks are not used to getting paid at this point anyway so it will be business as usual for them.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/214427/Wasserman_Media_Group_Pitches_Basketball_Tournamen t_In_China_In_Event_Of_Lockout

hehateme
06-28-2011, 08:05 AM
You are a complete idiot...hands down just full blown retarded.

Stern's idea of freezing salaries for players is a good band-aid to the collapsing market of a lot of NBA teams to help them supposedly re-build income for the future.

Remember without the NBA there wouldn't be anymore overpaid athletes so your nut-hugging idea of give more to the players would eventually blow right back in their face when they are pulling a Latrell Sprewell and can't feed their 15 kids.

Isitjustme?
06-28-2011, 08:41 AM
tbh this is maybe the most coherent well thought out KoolAid_Man post I've ever seen. I honestly thought he copypasta'd it from someplace else.

Koolaid_Man
06-28-2011, 09:09 AM
You are a complete
idiot...hands down just full blown retarded.

Stern's idea of freezing salaries for players is a good band-aid to the collapsing market of a lot of NBA teams to help them supposedly re-build income for the future.

Remember without the NBA there wouldn't be anymore overpaid athletes so your nut-hugging idea of give more to the players would eventually blow right back in their face when they are pulling a Latrell Sprewell and can't feed their 15 kids.

If they can't afford a team, sell and/ or relocate. Good owners such as Dr. Buss, Mickey Arison, Mark Cuban and others shouldn't be forced to carry the burden of bad business decisions of other owners. Dallas is a good example they're a relatively small market and it took them decades to win a title but they've had great successes without winning of all. They brought in very good players over the years to keep their team competitive and to keep people in the seats. The owners may not like how much they're making but they're still making a ton. It's not Jerry Buss's fault that he was smart enough to trade for the 13th pick in 1996, or Popovich's fault he was smart enough to tank for Duncan.

If the players are spoiled overpaid brats what does that make the owners.
I stand with the players I want those cats to get as much as they can and if I was in a players league that drove revenues through the roof for selfish owners l'm sure they'd wish the same for me.

Ashy Larry
06-28-2011, 12:10 PM
China is going to own the USA some day.

sad but true :depressed

davethedope
06-28-2011, 12:33 PM
sad but true :depressed

How do you figure China's going to own the US? There are hundreds of countries in
the world. America's all the way on the other side of the world. If China does become
that ambitious and powerful, there are better, closer countries to own. If anything, they'll
try to own Russia and former Soviety Republics.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-28-2011, 12:43 PM
It's a trap! Nike and the others figure if they can't have these guys doing their usual jobs in America to sell their products then they'll move the players across the Pacific and force them to pitch in on the production side. After a few days of sewing sneakers they'll be BEGGING to come back to the NBA to play for half of what they were making. All part of Stern's master plan.

Koolaid_Man
06-28-2011, 12:49 PM
It's a trap! Nike and the others figure if they can't have these guys doing their usual jobs in America to sell their products then they'll move the players across the Pacific and force them to pitch in on the production side. After a few days of sewing sneakers they'll be BEGGING to come back to the NBA to play for half of what they were making. All part of Stern's master plan.

wrong again little man...

The owners are the investors...:lol you think they're going to let the ship totally sink because they can't ultimately have their way...the players didn't invest 2, 3, 4, 5 hundred million into the team. The owners have far more at stake...they're just hoping the players value their bling bling over a smart long term deal...but with Derrick Fisher as the Player Union Pres...I think we're in good hands..."we're"...oops I meant they are...sometimes I forget I'm not in the league...:lmao

ChumpDumper
06-28-2011, 02:07 PM
Kool just said the Bucks are making money.

hehateme
06-28-2011, 03:54 PM
If they can't afford a team, sell and/ or relocate. Good owners such as Dr. Buss, Mickey Arison, Mark Cuban and others shouldn't be forced to carry the burden of bad business decisions of other owners. Dallas is a good example they're a relatively small market and it took them decades to win a title but they've had great successes without winning of all. They brought in very good players over the years to keep their team competitive and to keep people in the seats. The owners may not like how much they're making but they're still making a ton. It's not Jerry Buss's fault that he was smart enough to trade for the 13th pick in 1996, or Popovich's fault he was smart enough to tank for Duncan.

If the players are spoiled overpaid brats what does that make the owners.
I stand with the players I want those cats to get as much as they can and if I was in a players league that drove revenues through the roof for selfish owners l'm sure they'd wish the same for me.

Selling would be the only option that would be viable...but to who? There are not a lot of investors out there willing to delve into the NBA market by themselves and risk their money due to the inevitable crash that is coming because of the non-hard cap.

Relocate? Where to? Even large commodity markets such as Jacksonville are losing money with the Jaguars in the NFL...you think that's going to change with a NBA team?

Not to mention that even if a team moves that doesn't mean their debts go POOF! out the window. Hell even most cities nowadays want a fair split with the owners regarding arenas because they don't want teams hightailing it out of the area when they lose revenue and leave the city with an empty arena and a huge debt that taxpayers have to pay.

As for what does that make owners, I would say it makes them investors trying to turn a quick buck and when salaries are flaring up left and right for even shitty people (i.e. Haywood) it dilutes the system but sets a precedent for the future with no cap. Salaries going up and revenue going down = bad business that players apparently don't understand because the only thing they care about is the almighty dollar going into their accounts.

Koolaid_Man
06-28-2011, 05:12 PM
Selling would be the only option that would be viable...but to who? There are not a lot of investors out there willing to delve into the NBA market by themselves and risk their money due to the inevitable crash that is coming because of the non-hard cap.

Relocate? Where to? Even large commodity markets such as Jacksonville are losing money with the Jaguars in the NFL...you think that's going to change with a NBA team?

Not to mention that even if a team moves that doesn't mean their debts go POOF! out the window. Hell even most cities nowadays want a fair split with the owners regarding arenas because they don't want teams hightailing it out of the area when they lose revenue and leave the city with an empty arena and a huge debt that taxpayers have to pay.

As for what does that make owners, I would say it makes them investors trying to turn a quick buck and when salaries are flaring up left and right for even shitty people (i.e. Haywood) it dilutes the system but sets a precedent for the future with no cap. Salaries going up and revenue going down = bad business that players apparently don't understand because the only thing they care about is the almighty dollar going into their accounts.

That's typically why you have a group of investors unless you run into a Prokolov or a Cuban. You are so moronic in your babbling. Salaries going up is usually related to owners and GM's misreading the market and overpaying because they overreact. Revenue is not going down. Just because owners made 10 billion as opposed to the 20 billion they like dent mean they aren't profitable by and large. Sure some are in the negative but a hard cap and lessening BRI won't change that. A better revenue sharing model needs to be worked out and thats on the owners it has nothing to do with the players. The players get 57 % of BRI and the owners want more and a hard cap. Fuck that those noogahs better hold firm.

And as for you....go educate yourself. You can't read an article then come on this muthafucker expecting to win a debate with Kool...I'm slaughtering you whiteboy...:lol

Sisk
06-28-2011, 05:45 PM
China is going to own the USA some day.

We owe China a little over a trillion dollars. Out 14, it's not nearly as severe as people think. We're our own worst enemy tbh - we'll take ourselves down before those fucks do a damn thing

hehateme
06-28-2011, 10:40 PM
That's typically why you have a group of investors unless you run into a Prokolov or a Cuban. You are so moronic in your babbling. Salaries going up is usually related to owners and GM's misreading the market and overpaying because they overreact. Revenue is not going down. Just because owners made 10 billion as opposed to the 20 billion they like dent mean they aren't profitable by and large. Sure some are in the negative but a hard cap and lessening BRI won't change that. A better revenue sharing model needs to be worked out and thats on the owners it has nothing to do with the players. The players get 57 % of BRI and the owners want more and a hard cap. Fuck that those noogahs better hold firm.

And as for you....go educate yourself. You can't read an article then come on this muthafucker expecting to win a debate with Kool...I'm slaughtering you whiteboy...:lol

A debate? Shit son I schooled you 2 posts ago. While you are still counting on your fingers how much you will make tomorrow with your Burger King job I'll be stuffing my cock down your womans throat.

It's simple economics you fucking 3rd grade dropout. Learn it, use it, live it or you'll be that nigga shining my shoes in the airport for the rest of your life.

Oh by the way this quote right here from you spells it all out for me.

"A better revenue sharing model needs to be worked out and thats on the owners it has nothing to do with the players."

You dumb bitch both sides work on the revenue sharing model and come to an agreement its call fundamental collective bargaining, not just one sided collective bargaining...you may fool some average joes on this forum son but your shtick doesn't work here...get the fuck out I own you and this thread now.

hehateme
06-28-2011, 10:49 PM
oh and here's a nice site that pretty much spells out your BRI theory that owners are jacking players for more money when the players actually have the upper hand with the current BRI and a non-hard cap CBA right now.

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/nba-breakdown-cba-talk-revenue-sharing-salary-caps-and-lockouts

Koolaid_Man
06-28-2011, 11:55 PM
A debate? Shit son I schooled you 2 posts ago. While you are still counting on your fingers how much you will make tomorrow with your Burger King job I'll be stuffing my cock down your womans throat.

It's simple economics you fucking 3rd grade dropout. Learn it, use it, live it or you'll be that nigga shining my shoes in the airport for the rest of your life.

Oh by the way this quote right here from you spells it all out for me.

"A better revenue sharing model needs to be worked out and thats on the owners it has nothing to do with the players."

You dumb bitch both sides work on the revenue sharing model and come to an agreement its call fundamental collective bargaining, not just one sided collective bargaining...you may fool some average joes on this forum son but your shtick doesn't work here...get the fuck out I own you and this thread now.

uuuhh ok....whatever floats your boat son....go back and run to google for more help now...:lmao and yeah they got me on clean-up detail in the morning....gotdamit I hate that mop bucket...in two yrs though I'm moving up...:lol

sBhqdf3Jnt4

frodo
06-29-2011, 03:30 AM
kool loves chinks' small penises

Danny.Zhu
06-29-2011, 07:01 AM
China don't have the money.......

fyatuk
06-29-2011, 07:40 AM
Dallas is a good example they're a relatively small market and it took them decades to win a title but they've had great successes without winning of all.

BUH?

Dallas is the 4th largest metro in the US. It's the 5th largest DMA.

Relatively or not, you can't call Dallas a small market.

ChumpDumper
06-29-2011, 12:31 PM
Damn, kool is being extra stupid in this thread.

duhoh
06-29-2011, 07:39 PM
rofl dallas being a small market?

and then top it off with cuban, who's company was responsible for helping develop the HD features for youtube. he strapped with cash nigga.

people really need to think before they speak. just exposes the idiot i guess. . .

Koolaid_Man
06-29-2011, 07:54 PM
Dallas is small compared to the big 3 I mentioned...In fact it's not even top 5 from a media market or population perspective...Dallas ranks 7th and 10th respectively. Not bad but shows that it had to be an even smaller market than it currently is just 3,5,10,15 yrs ago. You niggas and pastry's are in a constant ass sore hurt state over the King and his facts.

ChumpDumper
06-29-2011, 09:20 PM
Kool did the following.

1) Called Philly a small market.

2) Said the Bucks make money.

3) Called Dallas a small market.

Koolaid_Man
06-29-2011, 09:22 PM
Kool did the following.

1) Called Philly a small market.

2) Said the Bucks make money.

3) Called Dallas a small market.

I really don't have nothing to say...I just want to pimp my new sig...:lmao

ChumpDumper
06-29-2011, 09:23 PM
I really don't have nothing to sayWe already knew that.

Koolaid_Man
06-29-2011, 09:24 PM
We already knew that.

and yet you persist...:lol

ChumpDumper
06-29-2011, 09:35 PM
It's not like it's difficult to point out the stupider shit you post.