PDA

View Full Version : boxing promoter, Bob Arum, calls MMA fighters homosexual skinheads

Axe Murderer
06-28-2011, 09:23 AM
Now, of course, I'm a huge MMA fan but I thought this was a fascinating article. Really great read even if you don't agree with the man.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/Arum-says-MMA-fans-are-skinheads-and-the-fighter?urn=mma-188922

Thoughts?

desflood
06-28-2011, 10:13 AM
Yes, that's just what the world needs - another bitter, narrow-minded old homophobe who thinks his opinion matters to millions. He should go into politics with the rest of them.

Trainwreck2100
06-28-2011, 10:40 AM
lol he side they roll around like homosexuals. That's like saying "like bwm this vw is from germany" and then saying that they said they were rolling in a bmw. Also i love how they left out the 90% of mma fans have tattoos. Cause that's the truth.

dbreiden83080
06-28-2011, 01:27 PM
Arum is still alive..

He must be 100 by now..

Spurtacus
06-28-2011, 02:15 PM
lol. Arum is probably bitter boxing is like the 10th popular sport in America now.

CubanSucks
06-28-2011, 02:42 PM
ratings envy if I've ever seen it. Or perhaps just envy over the diversity of talent that MMA fighters possess over boxers. I've always compared it to a boxer being a track star and an MMA fighter being a football star. Of course the track star is gonna be better at what he does, running, but you can't deny that the football player is far more talented and the sport of football is faaaaaaaaaaar more interesting

callo1
06-30-2011, 12:02 AM
Clearly the words of a defensive person who realizes that the sport he had milions off of is going the way of the dinosaur. I would love to see how the chins of the best that boxing has to offer would stand up to a punch coming from 4oz gloves instead if the pillows boxers use.

Maybe had boxing not messed over their fan base with rigged fights for a decade, they would be able to compete with MMA. That being said, Dana White is beginning to remind me of the Weider's monopoly of bodybuilding in the 80's and 90's. The purchase of the WEC is ultimately going to be bad for the fans.

dbreiden83080
06-30-2011, 12:06 AM
Clearly the words of a defensive person who realizes that the sport he had milions off of is going the way of the dinosaur. I would love to see how the chins of the best that boxing has to offer would stand up to a punch coming from 4oz gloves instead if the pillows boxers use.

Maybe had boxing not messed over their fan base with rigged fights for a decade, they would be able to compete with MMA. That being said, Dana White is beginning to remind me of the Weider's monopoly of bodybuilding in the 80's and 90's. The purchase of the WEC is ultimately going to be bad for the fans.

Good points all the way around but i think the UFC as the years go bye is the best thing for MMA. So many big fights getting made over and over.. In Sept Jones and Rampage are fighting.. Holy shit what a fuckin fight that is.. And this will keep happening for years to come in the UFC as long as Dana and co are running the show... Boxing just can't match the UFC in terms of value.. Not gonna happen..

CubanSucks
06-30-2011, 12:13 AM

or how bout one of these

http://h4.abload.de/img/silva_belfort23og6.gif