PDA

View Full Version : Go F**K youreslves, Disney/Pixar!

Fpoonsie
06-28-2011, 10:53 AM
From 1 of the studios that brought you multiple Lion King, Little Mermaid, Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, and Aladdin sequels (and the other that thought making a 2nd Cars would be a good idea)...

'Toy Story 4': Tom Hanks Says Pixar Working On Film

Following critical acclaim, an Oscar for Best Animated Feature and a global box office take of $1,063,171,911, "Toy Story 3" was beyond successful. Combine that gold with the film having ended with Woody and the gang getting a new, youthful owner, and a fourth film would seem a no brainer.

And according to Tom Hanks, it's already underway.

When asked by a BBC interviewer whether his new granddaughter would have a fourth "Toy Story" to see, the voice of Woody said, "I think there will be, yeah. I think they're working on it now."

The work on "Toy Story" actually hasn't stopped with the release of the third film; Pixar released a short, "Hawaiian Vacation," ahead of their newest film, "Cars 2," which won the box office this past weekend. They'll release another later this year, rumored to be planned ahead of "The Muppets."

Disney is also introducing another new storyline for the film series' characters, a space adventure featuring Buzz Lightyear and space-suit clad Woody and Rex blasting off to fight the evil Zurg, to be featured in new toys and a digital book.

Pixar also released the teaser trailer for their next film, the Scottish heroine-driven "Brave," on Monday.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/27/toy-story-4-tom-hanks-pixar_n_885326.html

Edit: Just realized I butchered the thread title. Yikes.

Phillip
06-28-2011, 11:02 AM
why do they need to fuck themselves?

Isitjustme?
tbh its common knowledge that its all about merchandising, specifically kids toys. Thats one of the reasons that Cars (one of the weakest Pixar movies but one that sold a ton of toys) had a sequel. I just don't understand why they don't just start a new franchise they can make toys off of.

spurs_fan_in_exile
...Pixar also released the teaser trailer for their next film, the Scottish heroin-driven...

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lk1lmv7MjA1qav04fo1_400.gif

Isitjustme?

Watch Toy Story 3

redzero
06-28-2011, 11:03 AM
Toy Story 3 was great, so...

DarkReign
06-28-2011, 11:03 AM
tbh its common knowledge that its all about merchandising. Thats one of the reasons that Cars (one of the weakest Pixar movies) had a sequel. I just don't understand why they don't just start a new franchise they can make toys off of.

I have friends with numerous young boys who love Cars. Its beyond marketing, there is an insatiable demand for that franchise.

Fpoonsie
06-28-2011, 11:04 AM

'Cause it ended perfectly.

I understand the merchandising/billion-dollar franchise appeal, but like JustMe said, why not just start anew with a fresh idea? Was kinda hoping Pixar wouldn't follow Disney's lead w/ all these watered down follow-ups.

It's like Scrubs: Med School all over again.

Fpoonsie
06-28-2011, 11:05 AM
Watch Toy Story 3

Toy Story 3 was great, so...

Agreed w/ zero. TS3 was phenomenal.

But it wrapped up everything so well.

[sigh]

Fpoonsie
06-28-2011, 11:06 AM
I have friends with numerous young boys who love Cars. Its beyond marketing, there is an insatiable demand for that franchise.

Well, THAT'S a head-scratcher.

redzero
06-28-2011, 11:07 AM
True, Toy Story 3 wrapped up everything. This is kind of like Disney releasing another Pirates of the Caribbean movie, even though everything was resolved (I think, since I didn't really know what the hell was going on).

BlackSwordsMan
06-28-2011, 11:07 AM
Star wars toy story 4 plez

Isitjustme?
06-28-2011, 11:08 AM

Nah its merchandising pure and simple: http://www.kansascity.com/2011/06/22/2967135/merchandise-sales-drive-pixars.html

Fpoonsie
06-28-2011, 11:08 AM
True, Toy Story 3 wrapped up everything. This is kind of like Disney releasing another Pirates of the Caribbean movie, even though everything was resolved (I think, since I didn't really know what the hell was going on).

:lol

Exactly (presumably).

JoeChalupa
06-28-2011, 11:10 AM
I finally watched Toy Story 3 and it was awesome and it ended very well. But when the $$ beckons.....

Isitjustme?
06-28-2011, 11:13 AM
Agreed w/ zero. TS3 was phenomenal.

But it wrapped up everything so well.

[sigh]

Thats what I meant if you watched Toy Story 3 or just know the plot its clear why this is a bad idea.

Fpoonsie
06-28-2011, 11:14 AM
Ah. Gotcha.

Yeah, this is nauseating.

JoeChalupa
06-28-2011, 11:16 AM
It is not a bad idea if you are in the business of making movies for a profit and isn't that what the bottom line is? There are plenty of movies out there that many say suck yet still make millions and people will pay to watch. For as many people bash Titanic and the Pirates of the Carribean franchise...they made millions.

Trainwreck2100
06-28-2011, 11:18 AM
It is not a bad idea if you are in the business of making movies for a profit and isn't that what the bottom line is? There are plenty of movies out there that many say suck yet still make millions and people will pay to watch. For as many people bash Titanic and the Pirates of the Carribean franchise...they made millions.

don't forget twilight, oh wait you're the only straight man who doesn't think it's complete shit

JoeChalupa
06-28-2011, 11:25 AM
don't forget twilight, oh wait you're the only straight man who doesn't think it's complete shit

:lol I don't give a shit if others don't find it entertaining and point out all the directing, and lighting, and effects, blah, blah, blah as if they are movie critics. I've never cared what critics think since it only really matters what I enjoy. Just like so many love and enjoy the Hang Over movies which I don't find that funny at all. To each his own and to hell with the rest I say!!

JoeChalupa
06-28-2011, 11:25 AM
And yeah, I watched Eclipse with my daughters over the weekend.

Trainwreck2100
06-28-2011, 11:28 AM
:lol I don't give a shit if others don't find it entertaining and point out all the directing, and lighting, and effects, blah, blah, blah as if they are movie critics. I've never cared what critics think since it only really matters what I enjoy. Just like so many love and enjoy the Hang Over movies which I don't find that funny at all. To each his own and to hell with the rest I say!!

well it has nothing to do with lighting, directing, cinematography, effects, blah blah blah. It has to do with the source material being absolute shit.

ohmwrecker
06-28-2011, 11:57 AM
You guys do understand that these movies are for children, right?

Lefty's understudy
06-28-2011, 12:06 PM

Burn....

Pyromaniac
06-28-2011, 12:10 PM
Burn....

:tu

ohmwrecker
06-28-2011, 01:04 PM
Burn....

I'm not kidding.

Sisk
06-28-2011, 01:30 PM
Qh2sWSVRrmo

mouse
06-28-2011, 02:31 PM
Fpoonsie has shown me a side to him I had no idea existed.

This explains allot.

Fpoonsie
06-28-2011, 02:51 PM

Well, considering the franchise started when I was about 10 or 11, I feel an obligation to my inner child to be, ya know, outraged.

Fpoonsie
06-28-2011, 02:51 PM
Fpoonsie has shown me a side to him I had no idea existed.

This explains allot.

This another mouse joke that didn't work?

redzero
06-28-2011, 02:57 PM
another mouse joke that didn't work

i.e. all of them

JoeChalupa
06-28-2011, 03:05 PM
well it has nothing to do with lighting, directing, cinematography, effects, blah blah blah. It has to do with the source material being absolute shit.

Well, that shit sold millions of copies and yeah, I read them and yeah I know I surely wasn't the target but hell I still love reading Green Eggs & Ham. And di did you read them or are you just going by what others have said?

redzero
06-28-2011, 03:18 PM
I have seen every Twilight movie and I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are all horrible, terrible movies. None of the main characters have any personality traits whatsoever.

Spurtacus
06-28-2011, 06:15 PM
TS4 would be a cash grab just like the fail that is Cars 2.

CuckingFunt
06-28-2011, 07:31 PM
but like JustMe said, why not just start anew with a fresh idea?

You mean like Brave, the other movie mentioned in the article you linked?

Really have no interest in seeing Cars 2 until it comes to BluRay, but other than that I think Pixar has been golden. Generally a good mix of established franchises and interesting singular ideas.

DMC
06-28-2011, 07:58 PM
lol tweeners butt hurt over Disney cartoons

Trainwreck2100
06-29-2011, 12:06 AM
Well, that shit sold millions of copies and yeah, I read them and yeah I know I surely wasn't the target but hell I still love reading Green Eggs & Ham. And di did you read them or are you just going by what others have said?

i read enough to know it sucks, lol ending where giant werewolf dispropotionate dog wants to fuk a baby, seriously what the fuck

ChuckD
06-29-2011, 07:24 AM
I'm down with TS4 as long as it isn't set in Monte Carlo and Tokyo.

TS is a strong franchise to begin with, and I think it can survive the toys being transplanted into another kid's house. Andy was always pretty much a plot point and peripheral to the actual stories anyway.

Isitjustme?
06-29-2011, 08:27 AM
I have seen every Twilight movie and I can say beyond a shadow of a doubt that they are all horrible, terrible movies. None of the main characters have any personality traits whatsoever.

tbh I downloaded and watched the RiffTrax (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Riff_Trax) versions of them, and yeah thats a good way to describe them. If you watch those RT versions, the vacant stares and awkward pauses are legendary and put to good comedic effect by those MST3k guys.

JoeChalupa
06-29-2011, 09:03 AM
I think I'm alone now.

TacoCabanaFajitas
06-29-2011, 11:46 AM
This will not end well.
http://media.screened.com/uploads/0/4335/407421-toystory4treatment_dan_super.jpg

CubanSucks
07-15-2011, 01:23 AM
I finally watched the third and I don't understand what all the bitching is about. They didn't wrap it up any more than the first one or the second one did so unless you were completely against the past 2 being made stfu. If anything they left it wide fucking open for more. I'm not saying they leave the viewer any ideas of what crazy story could possibly be next but neither did the first 2. And don't forget, it's Pixar. They're 11 for 12 so they most definitely deserve the benefit of the doubt

on a side note, they did a horrible job in making a 17 yr old boy's room. Not bitchin, just sayin