PDA

View Full Version : Parker and Ginobili or Fisher and Kobe

mavsfan1000
06-28-2011, 02:21 PM
Which is more fearsome backcourt to deal with? I actually think Parker and Ginobili are a nightmare for many teams. Their speed causes havoc to many teams. So yeah I think Parker and Ginobili would be the better choice for a team. But having Shaq or Bynum, Gasol, and Odom would be a tougher matchup than Duncan.

TheMACHINE
06-28-2011, 02:22 PM
i think Jet and Barea are scarier.

cheguevara
06-28-2011, 02:23 PM
1. Kidd + Jet
2. Parker + Manu
3. Barea + Jet
4. Manu + Neal
5. Fish + Bobe

Annoying Mav fan
06-28-2011, 02:30 PM

Why is this Lakerfan trying to kiss ass to us? Our beloved Mav fanbase don't want opinions from skunker 2.0 imho.

Phillip
06-28-2011, 02:32 PM
Honestly, this could be a tough one. I think both are pretty equal actually. Manu and Parker provides more versatility overall probably. However Kobe alone is pretty tough to stop, and he is more capable of making the game easier for teammates than Manu and Parker can. He has proven he can be a true and unstoppable #1, while Manu and Parker have proven they can combine efforts well to make a very tough #1 by committee. They may not be individually as hard to stop as Kobe, but the fact that they have different skill sets that can attack different weaknesses, makes them an extremely effective duo.

JamStone
06-28-2011, 02:38 PM
At this point in all of their respective careeres, Parker and Ginobili easily for the first 44 minutes of the game.

It's a tougher question if you're talking about crunchtime. I realize Ginobili is a clutch player and Kobe as a clutch player has been extremely overrated over his career. But you still fear Kobe in those situations more, even if the stats don't necessarily back it up. And Fisher is obviously known for making tough, clutch shots. If it's about crunchtime, who would you fear more, I might lean towards Kobe and Fisher still. But it's close.

z0sa
06-28-2011, 02:40 PM
Parker/Ginobili

Greg Oden
06-28-2011, 02:45 PM

lakerfan would think so.

Killakobe81
06-28-2011, 03:39 PM
At this point in all of their respective careeres, Parker and Ginobili easily for the first 44 minutes of the game.

It's a tougher question if you're talking about crunchtime. I realize Ginobili is a clutch player and Kobe as a clutch player has been extremely overrated over his career. But you still fear Kobe in those situations more, even if the stats don't necessarily back it up. And Fisher is obviously known for making tough, clutch shots. If it's about crunchtime, who would you fear more, I might lean towards Kobe and Fisher still. But it's close.

Jam said it best ...but despite Parker's Finals MVP he is easily the least clutch of the 4 ... fisher however is the weakest player of the group ...by far.

DAF86
06-28-2011, 06:03 PM

Parker is an underrated clutch player. I think he shoots a higher % than Kobe in the clutch but I'm not sure.

TheMACHINE
06-28-2011, 06:07 PM
Why is this Lakerfan trying to kiss ass to us? Our beloved Mav fanbase don't want opinions from skunker 2.0 imho.

Whats scarier is a George Hill/ Any SG combo.

DAF86
06-28-2011, 06:16 PM
Honestly, this could be a tough one. I think both are pretty equal actually. Manu and Parker provides more versatility overall probably. However Kobe alone is pretty tough to stop, and he is more capable of making the game easier for teammates than Manu and Parker can. He has proven he can be a true and unstoppable #1, while Manu and Parker have proven they can combine efforts well to make a very tough #1 by committee. They may not be individually as hard to stop as Kobe, but the fact that they have different skill sets that can attack different weaknesses, makes them an extremely effective duo.

That's bullshit, Kobe is a much better scorer than both of them but in terms of making the game easier for teammates he isn't better than them, at least not better than Manu. To me Manu's ability to make teammates better is his best atribute, he is one of the best pick and roll players in the game, specially at getting easy looks for the roller, besides he has great court vision and the BB IQ to make the pass at the right time and don't overdrible. He is also one of the most capable passers in the league, he can make any pass and he has the guts to try them, although sometimes they lead to some pretty unforced turnovers. You also have to consider that Kobe's "chuckinness" tends to take teammates out of the game.

dunkman
06-28-2011, 09:58 PM
Parker and Manu but not by much . . .

pass1st
06-28-2011, 11:26 PM
Prime for prime?

Venti Quattro
06-28-2011, 11:27 PM
Prime for prime?

a Prime Fisher just took a dump on the entire Spurs roster, lol

GoodOdor
06-28-2011, 11:49 PM
That's bullshit, Kobe is a much better scorer than both of them but in terms of making the game easier for teammates he isn't better than them, at least not better than Manu. To me Manu's ability to make teammates better is his best atribute, he is one of the best pick and roll players in the game, specially at getting easy looks for the roller, besides he has great court vision and the BB IQ to make the pass at the right time and don't overdrible. He is also one of the most capable passers in the league, he can make any pass and he has the guts to try them, although sometimes they lead to some pretty unforced turnovers. You also have to consider that Kobe's "chuckinness" tends to take teammates out of the game.

lol manu>kobe

Phillip
06-29-2011, 10:04 AM

right. I would love to see Manu lead a squad that features Smush Parker, Puke Walton, Lamar Odom, and Kwame Brown as your best teammates to the playoffs and nearly upset a team that was widely considered a title contender. :rolleyes

nkdlunch
06-29-2011, 10:07 AM
a Prime Fisher just took a dump on the entire Spurs roster, lol

http://msofficer.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/derek-fisher-crying.jpg

d-fj0OFhB9g

:lmao :lmao

pass1st
06-29-2011, 12:20 PM
http://msofficer.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/derek-fisher-crying.jpg

d-fj0OFhB9g

:lmao :lmao

3TdZHffwOF8
:nope

nkdlunch
06-29-2011, 12:26 PM
no spurs cried at that game.

pass1st
06-29-2011, 01:00 PM
I feel sorry for their lack of passion for the game, then.

nkdlunch
06-29-2011, 01:03 PM
I for the lakers excess of estrogen

pass1st
06-29-2011, 02:11 PM
I would figure you would be used to that with a soft team like the Spurs.

dunkman
06-29-2011, 02:37 PM
The '04 Lakers were very superior in talent vs the Spurs. The Spurs lost S-Jax and Robinson replaced by Hedo and Rasho and added Horry who was considered done in LA, while the Lakers added Malone and Payton to a team that already had Shaq and Kobe.

Still, the pivotal game 5 was decided by an 0.4 s shot and the Lakers didn't win the championship that year.

BTW, I have some doubts if any other franchise could have pulled that FA signings. Malone was was offered $10M by the Spurs but he signed for the veteran minimum, Payton was all-star the previous season and he signed for the MLE. Shaq was offered an extension if he lured Malone and Payton, and for some reason he yelled at Buss later "where is my money".

LkrFan
06-29-2011, 03:06 PM
right. I would love to see Manu lead a squad that features Smush Parker, Puke Walton, Lamar Odom, and Kwame Brown as your best teammates to the playoffs and nearly upset a team that was widely considered a title contender. :rolleyes

Thanks for taking a wet shit on his post. People talk about Kobe's inefficient FG%, but imagine being the #1 option playing with teammates like that. I could count a million times when those fuckers would do stupid shit for 21 seconds then pass it to Kobe with 2-3 seconds left on the clock and expect him to do something with the rock. MJ never had teammates like that. I would have loved to see how far he would have taken that 2005 Laker team with the same teammates Kobe had :lol.

And I'll take it one step further. Even when Shaq was in LA, Kobe still was put into shitty situations. Why? Because it was Shaq/Kobe and virtually nothing else if either sat down for a breather. Sure they were solid vets, but if Shaq or Kobe sat for 5 minutes, a 15 point lead would dwindle to single digits before you knew it. If one of the big two were on the floor it is easier to double/triple him and dare their "supporting cast" to beat them. They were not called 2-deep for nothing :lol. (Yes Fish and Horry made some big shots, but the Lakers wouldn't need those shots if Shaq/Kobe' supporting cast were not so shitty to begin with. Same holds true for Fisher today at age 37).

And finally, in the last 3 minutes of the 4th qtr, Kobe was in the same shitty predicaments even with MDE as a teammate. Why? Because the fat fuck was a liability due to his putrid FT%.

So there you have it. Kobe's shot selection can be questionable, but it was mostly born of being forced to make lemonade out of shit juice. Themes be the facts y'all.

LkrFan
06-29-2011, 03:09 PM
no spurs cried at that game.

Their fans did though. :downspin:

LkrFan
06-29-2011, 03:14 PM
The '04 Lakers were very superior in talent vs the Spurs. The Spurs lost S-Jax and Robinson replaced by Hedo and Rasho and added Horry who was considered done in LA, while the Lakers added Malone and Payton to a team that already had Shaq and Kobe.

Still, the pivotal game 5 was decided by an 0.4 s shot and the Lakers didn't win the championship that year.

BTW, I have some doubts if any other franchise could have pulled that FA signings. Malone was was offered $10M by the Spurs but he signed for the veteran minimum, Payton was all-star the previous season and he signed for the MLE. Shaq was offered an extension if he lured Malone and Payton, and for some reason he yelled at Buss later "where is my money".

Dr. Buss played poker with Shaq. He was willing to bet Shaq wasn't worth $30M extension. He was willing to bet the Lakers would be better off without Shaq, go to more Finals than any Shaq led team since his exile from the Lakers, and win more rings. He was right. :lol

LkrFan
06-29-2011, 03:21 PM
Back on topic. Kobe/Fish are better even going into their 16th year as a tandem. The Spurs will rue the day that traded such a quality PG in Hill. Now they have to hope TP can give them 42+ quality mpg. Pop is gambling on TP's health - y'all betta hope he don't crap out :lol. Fisher never had a quality back up like Hill. And we know Kobe never had a quality backup - ever. Yet their they are tied with Magic with the most rings in Laker history.

5 > 3 :toast

cheguevara
06-29-2011, 03:47 PM
JJ Barea might make the Lakers guards at least somewhat competitive