PDA

View Full Version : USA vs. Mexico soccer match

rr2418
06-28-2011, 09:29 PM
This topic was brought up during Paul Alexander's Bringing It. Who were you rooting for? Johnny "Fingers" Campion was rooting for Mexico b/c his grandmother was born there. I'm Mexican-American, was born in the US of A and will always root for my country......USA! USA! :ihit

What do you all think?

Viva Las Espuelas
06-28-2011, 09:32 PM
I was http://mimosameltdown.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/bruce-springsteen-born-in-the-usa.jpg, so.....

Viva Las Espuelas
06-28-2011, 09:33 PM
oh, and this one should turn out good. i'm making my predictions now.

DMX7
06-28-2011, 10:03 PM
Are there any hispanics on the team? I think the women's team has one.

lefty
06-28-2011, 10:20 PM
This topic was brought up during Paul Alexander's Bringing It. Who were you rooting for? Johnny "Fingers" Campion was rooting for Mexico b/c his grandmother was born there. I'm Mexican-American, was born in the US of A and will always root for my country......USA! USA! :ihit

What do you all think?

Well, you picked the wrong team

lil'mo
06-28-2011, 10:25 PM
soccer, lol

rr2418
06-29-2011, 10:08 AM
Well, you picked the wrong team

Uh...I'm very much aware that the soccer match was played over the weekend and that Mexico won. This topic was brought up "yesterday Tuesday, the 29th" on the radio show "Bringing It". Just thought it would be interesting to see who people were rooting for.

Nathan Explosion
06-29-2011, 10:25 AM
I was at work. I do find it interesting that the match was in LA (I believe). Way to think that one through. Almost like a home field for Mexico. Bill Simmons suggested they play that match in Seattle as they usually have good crowds and the stadium is loud as hell when packed. I can see that. And if US fans were more passionate about soccer, Cowboys Stadium would be great too. Jerry Jones was inspired by Azteca Stadium and wanted his to be just as loud.

I'm not a soccer fan, and my family hails from Mexico at some point, but I'm USA all the way on these things.

Oh, Gee!!
06-29-2011, 11:02 AM
lolz, you listen to Paul Alexander and admit it. dude's a douche.

nkdlunch
06-29-2011, 11:03 AM
2 scrub ass teams. It's like picking the Wizards vs. the Bobcats. Does it really make a difference?

Spurstro
06-29-2011, 11:40 AM
I was at work. I do find it interesting that the match was in LA (I believe). Way to think that one through.

It wasn't a USA tournament, so it wasn't their decision where the games would be played

Isitjustme?
06-29-2011, 11:47 AM
This belongs in the other sports/no one cares forum.

Nathan Explosion
06-29-2011, 12:27 PM
It wasn't a USA tournament, so it wasn't their decision where the games would be played

I thought the host country determined the venues like the World Cup and such. Here's an idea, LA has shit stadiums. Don't include them in your bid. Cowboys Stadium, Qwest Field, Fedex Field and Giants stadium should be included. All large metro areas with state of the art stadiums.

nkdlunch
06-29-2011, 12:30 PM

at least soccer still has a professional league :lol

Sense
06-29-2011, 01:47 PM
Little late don't you think? There's already a thread about the Gold Cup and god knows how many arguments were in it about this... really stupid imo.

lefty
06-29-2011, 02:18 PM
Uh...I'm very much aware that the soccer match was played over the weekend and that Mexico won. This topic was brought up "yesterday Tuesday, the 29th" on the radio show "Bringing It". Just thought it would be interesting to see who people were rooting for.
:toast

MannyIsGod
06-29-2011, 02:20 PM
Are there any hispanics on the team? I think the women's team has one.

This is a joke right?

FalleNxWiZarDx
06-29-2011, 02:21 PM
on soccer or Basketball?

lol ohh... soccer *rolls eyes*

MannyIsGod
06-29-2011, 02:22 PM
I thought the host country determined the venues like the World Cup and such. Here's an idea, LA has shit stadiums. Don't include them in your bid. Cowboys Stadium, Qwest Field, Fedex Field and Giants stadium should be included. All large metro areas with state of the art stadiums.

Maybe you should find out what the process is before you go critique the way selections are done.

I would love to see a crowd like Seattle would give, but fuck playing the game on turf.

MannyIsGod
06-29-2011, 02:23 PM

The record breaking ratings the game received kind of means a lot of people care.

Soccer > NHL and its just going to get more attention when the NBA and NFL don't play their games this fall.

MannyIsGod
06-29-2011, 02:24 PM
Little late don't you think? There's already a thread about the Gold Cup and god knows how many arguments were in it about this... really stupid imo.

Isitjustme?
06-29-2011, 02:50 PM
The record breaking ratings the game received kind of means a lot of people care.

Soccer > NHL and its just going to get more attention when the NBA and NFL don't play their games this fall.
I would imagine that means they went from the 151st most watched program of the week to the 149th.

America will never care about soccer.

MannyIsGod
06-29-2011, 02:56 PM
If by no one you mean the 9 million people who tuned in to watch it on TV, then I agree. :lmao

I guess by never you meant now?

MannyIsGod
06-29-2011, 02:57 PM
I love to watch you ignorant fucks run your mouths about soccer and come up so wrong.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-29-2011, 03:00 PM
i'm making my predictions now.
I can check one off.

MannyIsGod
06-29-2011, 03:01 PM
I would imagine that means they went from the 151st most watched program of the week to the 149th.

America will never care about soccer.

More people in the US watched the Gold Cup than watched the 2007 NBA Finals, BTW.

Isitjustme?
06-29-2011, 03:04 PM
If by no one you mean the 9 million people who tuned in to watch it on TV, then I agree. :lmao

I guess by never you meant now?

Wow, there's way more beaners in this country than I thought. I guess it slips under the radar because 7 million of them watched it after pressing their SAP button. This news should prompt immigration reform imho.

MannyIsGod
06-29-2011, 03:33 PM
Priceless. Get caught being an ignorant fuck and retort to racism.

Isitjustme?
06-29-2011, 03:49 PM
I'm always completely humiliated when people point out that I don't know much about soccer. Especially when my original comments were gravely serious comments and weren't a blatantly obvious attempt to bait anyone either.

Getting rejected like this is so depressing tho. Its like high school all over again. I think I might have to into my bedroom, listen to MCR, and do some more cutting. Don't worry I won't bother you soccer guys again. Goodbye 4ever. :depressed

cheguevara
06-29-2011, 04:14 PM
"at least soccer still has a professional league"

:lmao :lmao :lmao

MannyIsGod
06-29-2011, 04:26 PM
I'm always completely humiliated when people point out that I don't know much about soccer. Especially when my original comments were gravely serious comments and weren't a blatantly obvious attempt to bait anyone either.

Getting rejected like this is so depressing tho. Its like high school all over again. I think I might have to into my bedroom, listen to MCR, and do some more cutting. Don't worry I won't bother you soccer guys again. Goodbye 4ever. :depressed

Get caught being ignorant and resort to the "I was just trolling defense". Classic.

Isitjustme?
06-29-2011, 04:35 PM
Get caught being ignorant and resort to the "I was just trolling defense". Classic.

Manny gets trolled and now he resorts to the "he wasn't trolling" defense. Perfect.

Hey bro, did you see my posts in the Longhorns recruiting thread b4 they were deleted? I posted some scouting reports of Pop Warner kids to mock the scouting reports of high school sophomores they were posting. But that was really because I thought they would be seriously interested in the latest news on 11 year olds, not because I was trolling. I never troll honestly. Scouts honor.

Isitjustme?
06-29-2011, 04:38 PM
I'll bet that the ratings are only high by the border and in South Florida where beaners cross over. None of the people who matter (aka those who speak passable English) in this country care about soccer. Also in the Northeast there are probably a lot of soccer fans as well, incidentally how did all those immigrant spics even make it to the Northeast?

I didn't think you could travel that far on a raft.

MannyIsGod
06-29-2011, 04:45 PM
Manny gets trolled and now he resorts to the "he wasn't trolling" defense. Perfect.

Hey bro, did you see my posts in the Longhorns recruiting thread b4 they were deleted? I posted some scouting reports of Pop Warner kids to mock the scouting reports of high school sophomores they were posting. But that was really because I thought they would be seriously interested in the latest news on 11 year olds, not because I was trolling. I never troll honestly. Scouts honor.

:lol Trolling evidence.

MannyIsGod
06-29-2011, 04:46 PM
I'll bet that the ratings are only high by the border and in South Florida where beaners cross over. None of the people who matter (aka those who speak passable English) in this country care about soccer. Also in the Northeast there are probably a lot of soccer fans as well, incidentally how did all those immigrant spics even make it to the Northeast?

I didn't think you could travel that far on a raft.

:lmao Getting caught on being an ignorant and fuck and then coming up with trolling evidence and trying hardest to make it seem like you were trolling.

Isitjustme?
06-29-2011, 05:40 PM
Ouch that shit cuts deep.

Now everyone knows I know jack shit about soccer. I was trying to keep that a secret. :depressed

MannyIsGod
06-29-2011, 05:57 PM
:lol Still coming back

LOL Trolled

Isitjustme?
06-29-2011, 06:05 PM
Now I honestly think you're a troll or something because you honestly cannot be this fucking stupid.

Isitjustme?
06-29-2011, 06:05 PM
Double post offense ftw!! (http://www.basketballsense.com/Books/double-post_offense.aspx)

IronMexican
06-29-2011, 09:04 PM
I was at work. I do find it interesting that the match was in LA (I believe). Way to think that one through. Almost like a home field for Mexico. Bill Simmons suggested they play that match in Seattle as they usually have good crowds and the stadium is loud as hell when packed. I can see that. And if US fans were more passionate about soccer, Cowboys Stadium would be great too. Jerry Jones was inspired by Azteca Stadium and wanted his to be just as loud.

I'm not a soccer fan, and my family hails from Mexico at some point, but I'm USA all the way on these things.

The match in 2009 was supposed to be played somewhere populated by Mexican's as well, but it was moved to New Jersey, and it made some people mad. You wanted them to move it again?

IronMaxipad
06-29-2011, 09:05 PM
This thread again? :lol