LkrFan
06-29-2011, 06:20 AM
Spurs are classy. :cry

djohn2oo8
06-29-2011, 06:33 AM
Probably wait it out and re-sign at a lower price

frodo
06-29-2011, 08:17 AM
TD ain't signing no extension imho. if he acts a role player another season he'll choose to retire when his current contract expires, nigga already won a load of personal & team honors. nigga been da #1 of this team since his first day in this league and i don't think he will accept a less important role on this team. duncan would rather retire right about now instead of playing another 3 or 4 years as a role player imho

DMX7
06-29-2011, 08:21 AM
Timmy hasn't blown all his money on hookers and dope. He doesn't have to stick around any longer than he wants to.

cheguevara
06-29-2011, 08:26 AM
classiest non-opt out since non-opt outs were invented :cry

nkdlunch
06-29-2011, 08:42 AM
classiest walk to the sunset in NBA history

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-29-2011, 08:46 AM
Timmy hasn't blown all his money on hookers and dope. He doesn't have to stick around any longer than he wants to.

Didn't have to drop a few million on a ring to buy back his wife or pay off side hoes with loose lips either.

Koolaid_Man
06-29-2011, 09:43 AM
Didn't have to drop a few million on a ring to buy back his wife or pay off side hoes with loose lips either.

Yeah because since he's a rich black man mommy and daddy accepted plowing Bessie Mae's white flower. He paid for it upfront. :lol

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-29-2011, 10:36 AM
Yeah because since he's a rich black man mommy and daddy accepted plowing Bessie Mae's white flower. He paid for it upfront. :lol

Call it whatever you want, still a smarter way of doing business. I'd be willing to bet that Tim and Amy will last longer than Vanessa and Mr. Bone on Bone once both players have retired but for some crazy reason making wagers with Lakers fans around here is advised against.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-29-2011, 10:44 AM
Vanessa Bryant always reminds me of a great Winston Churchill story. I think it's really just an old joke apocryphally attributed to him, but it's still a good one.

It starts, as all Churchill stories do, with him drunk at some fancy dinner party. He's chatting with some prim and proper lady of high society and says, "Tell me, madam, would you sleep with me for one million pounds?"

It's a rather crude proposition but upon thinking about it she realizes that's a life changing sum of money for a short time's work and admits that she probably would.

"Very good then. Will you sleep with me for ten pounds?"

Now she's taken aback. "Why Mr. Churchill! What sort of woman do you take me for?"

"I thought we'd already established what kind of woman you are. Now we're just negotiating."

Koolaid_Man
06-29-2011, 11:31 AM
Call it whatever you want, still a smarter way of doing business. I'd be willing to bet that Tim and Amy will last longer than Vanessa and Mr. Bone on Bone once both players have retired but for some crazy reason making wagers with Lakers fans around here is advised against.

I could give 2 fucks how long they last....:lol unless 'm tapping Amy's ass it don't mean shit tah me...

Koolaid_Man
06-29-2011, 11:33 AM
Spurs are classy. :cry

Tim Duncan is a 3rd stringer...

LkrFan
06-29-2011, 02:41 PM

Shaq got the minimum last year. How much do you think Timmy D will be worth after this contract? :lol

dunkman
06-29-2011, 02:55 PM
It was unfair for example when Duncan led the Spurs in '99 that he played for rookie salary. Duncan was by far the best player in the NBA that season looking the regular season and playoffs combined. Duncan could have done some half-assed effort for that rookie contract. So he definitely deserves to retire with the $20M contract. And I think he will try to end his career still being productive, like David Robinson in '03.

It's standard NBA practice to reward truly great franchise players at the end of their career, sometimes they didn't play at all while getting paid for past services.

Roger Freemason Jr.
06-29-2011, 03:33 PM

Shaq is a shell of what he once was, Tim is still spry, and will retire long before he is a washed up ring chaser like Shaq. Tim is a true franchise player, and in the future, Tim will be remembered as the best PF whose ever played the game. All PF's acknowledge that, and model their games after Duncan.

Jace
06-29-2011, 04:40 PM
Sign and trade him to a team that has a chance of winning.

DMC
06-29-2011, 04:57 PM
I could give 2 fucks how long they last....:lol unless 'm tapping Amy's ass it don't mean shit tah me...

With your "lifestyle choice" we know that's not going to happen. Tim better watch his ass though.

DMC
06-29-2011, 04:59 PM
Shaq is a shell of what he once was, Tim is still spry, and will retire long before he is a washed up ring chaser like Shaq. Tim is a true franchise player, and in the future, Tim will be remembered as the best PF whose ever played the game. All PF's acknowledge that, and model their games after Duncan.
AIDS: dick kobe dick ass kobe bitches kobe dick.

DPG21920
06-29-2011, 05:05 PM
Do people have to be consistently stupid on this side of the board?

DMC
06-29-2011, 05:07 PM
Yes. Don't you know that by now?

Kai
06-29-2011, 05:09 PM
Even if he took a paycut, what the hell would the Spurs do with that money anyways?

JamStone
06-29-2011, 05:15 PM

Insider information?

Maybe it's just my pessimistic view of professional athletes, but I'm willing to bet that even good old boy Timmy has done his share of "pros in different area codes."

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-29-2011, 05:23 PM
Insider information?

Maybe it's just my pessimistic view of professional athletes, but I'm willing to bet that even good old boy Timmy has done his share of "pros in different area codes."

Nothing's impossible, but I don't expect the gold digging skanks to go looking for him. For all issue we take with Tim being called 'boring' the flip side is that I don't think anyone could spin "I slept with Tim Duncan" into a book deal. Plus I figured if there was anything out there ESPN would have found it by now. They had to be desperate for ANYTHING that would give this guy some sensationalist flavor.

Now if Tony didn't have a piece of ass in half the towns they played in I would be surprised. :lol

DMC
06-29-2011, 05:24 PM
Insider information?

You haven't heard about it or read it, but you are ready to assume it because you cannot stand the fact that Timmy is the classiest guy in the league.

HomerFan092120
06-29-2011, 05:25 PM
A very classy move by one of the best players ever.....if this is really his last season, it would be a very classy gesture by the NBA if they let him start over Dirk in the all star game.....he deserves it more than any other athlete in pro sports history......of course that would never happen because _irk's ego is too big but i can dream anyway :toast

rayjayjohnson
06-29-2011, 06:11 PM
classiest limp to the sunset in NBA history

ftfy

badfish22
06-29-2011, 06:15 PM
Do people have to be consistently stupid on this side of the board?

And you know the worst part? This is the smart side.

NBA Forum
NFL Forum
SpursForum

The Club

ohmwrecker
06-29-2011, 06:18 PM
A very classy move by one of the best players ever.....if this is really his last season, it would be a very classy gesture by the NBA if they let him start over Dirk in the all star game.....he deserves it more than any other athlete in pro sports history......of course that would never happen because _irk's ego is too big but i can dream anyway :toast

:toast It's very classy to open a troll account to mock an absurd caricature of a a homer Spurs' fan when most Mavfans wouldn't even bother with the formality. Way to bleed black and silver, bro!

ohmwrecker
06-29-2011, 06:20 PM
lol "smart side"

Axe Murderer
06-29-2011, 06:28 PM
And you know the worst part? This is the smart side.

NBA Forum
NFL Forum
SpursForum

The Club

lol the Other Sports forum