PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Classiest Organization in the NBA?

DMC
06-29-2011, 05:02 PM
We know the Spurs are far and away the classiest organization in all of sports, but who's the 2nd classiest organization in the NBA?

baseline bum
06-29-2011, 05:04 PM
The Toros

DMC
06-29-2011, 05:06 PM
The Toros

I hadn't considered these guys...

Scrub
06-29-2011, 05:08 PM
It has to be Golden State imo.

Kai
06-29-2011, 05:08 PM
Obviously the Heat.

Phillip
06-29-2011, 05:12 PM
doesnt matter, because the spurs are so incredibly classy, that everyone else is tied for dead last.

mavsfan1000
06-29-2011, 05:13 PM
Definitely the Mavs.

Spurtacus
Thunder?

DMC
doesnt matter, because the spurs are so incredibly classy, that everyone else is tied for dead last.

But if you were able to ignore the flier that is the Spurs and zoom in on the rest, which would actually rise slightly above the others, even though it might get to be low resolution at that point?

mavsfan1000
06-29-2011, 05:16 PM
Thunder?
Not even close. Mavs, Celtics, Pistons are the main contenders imo.

TimmehC
06-29-2011, 05:17 PM
The players union tbh, fwiw, imo

DMC
06-29-2011, 05:23 PM
Jason Terry kills the Mavs' chances tbh, and Mark Cuban is the owner, so Dallas isn't it.

endrity
06-29-2011, 05:25 PM
The Toros

:lol:lol:lol

Spurtacus
06-29-2011, 05:25 PM
Not even close. Mavs, Celtics, Pistons are the main contenders imo.

fail

mavsfan1000
06-29-2011, 05:26 PM
Jason Terry kills the Mavs' chances tbh, and Mark Cuban is the owner, so Dallas isn't it.
In the same sense Stephen Jackson, Bruce Bowen, and Robert Horry blow the Spurs chances of declaring themselves all class.

Brazil
06-29-2011, 05:27 PM
must be the mavs they have classy dirk classy kidd classy coach classy french players

Brazil
06-29-2011, 05:28 PM
and they have 2 rings, 2 rings is class

joshdaboss
06-29-2011, 05:29 PM
Jazz

DMC
06-29-2011, 05:30 PM
In the same sense Stephen Jackson, Bruce Bowen, and Robert Horry blow the Spurs chances of declaring themselves all class.

The Spurs have already been established. Focus on the rest.

mavsfan1000
06-29-2011, 05:30 PM
and they have 2 rings, 2 rings is class
Yeah the Mavs won in 2006 and 2011. It is pure class.

DMC
06-29-2011, 05:31 PM
Jazz

After that shit with DWill and Sloan, I don't know. The did trade DWill though, and Boozer is gone, but AK47 is a perennial quitter, so no.

Memphis perhaps?

mavsfan1000
06-29-2011, 05:34 PM
The Spurs have already been established. Focus on the rest.
But saying 2 people can ruin a classy organization would mean the Spurs aren't classy. Thus Terry and Cuban aren't enough evidence to ruin it if we go by the Spurs definition. ;)

William Hung
06-29-2011, 05:34 PM
We LA Laker fans have it lucky with our great announcing. While I will never like Joel and Stu as much as I liked Chick n Stu, they are very objective with their announcing. Watching the San Antonio Spurs announcers today on NBA TV made me want to mute the TV. They are such homer announcers. I also remember the Spurs organization as a classy one. The PA guy reminded me of watching a DEE-TROIT basketball game...

I've just moved to the Bay Area, and the Warrior announcers take homerism to another level. Lakers = class organization and we are just spoiled.

joshdaboss
06-29-2011, 05:39 PM
After that shit with DWill and Sloan, I don't know. The did trade DWill though, and Boozer is gone, but AK47 is a perennial quitter, so no.

Memphis perhaps?

Not sure if serious. Zach Randolph. Tony Allen. No.

edit: Let's not forget Rudy Gay.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-29-2011, 05:44 PM
Pistons or Kings. They got their own forum after the way they lost to the Spurs with so much class.

scampers
06-29-2011, 05:51 PM
Pistons classiest organization? Not so much these days tbh. Fans not included.

ohmwrecker
06-29-2011, 05:52 PM

This. It's such a distant 2nd that it's barely worth contemplating.

DUNCANownsKOBE
06-29-2011, 05:53 PM
Pistons classiest organization? Not so much these days tbh. Fans not included.
Nothing will ever change the fact the Pistons were the classiest losers in the history of professional sports after losing to San Antonio in 2005. The champions of class, the Spurs, wouldn't have given you guys a forum on a Spurs website if you weren't the classiest losers ever.

clambake
06-29-2011, 05:55 PM
how can a team with a flasher, rapist, and adulterer be called classy?

badfish22
06-29-2011, 05:57 PM
And you know the worse part?

Memphis perhaps?

They made em like it.

ohmwrecker
06-29-2011, 05:58 PM

That probably covers a lot of teams, tbh.

Isitjustme?
06-29-2011, 06:01 PM

tbh I guess I'm not up on my own team, but who is the flasher?

ohmwrecker
06-29-2011, 06:02 PM
tbh I guess I'm not up on my own team, but who is the flasher?

The flasher is in Indiana now.

Isitjustme?
06-29-2011, 06:10 PM
The flasher is in Indiana now.

Oh, taking pics of your cock is not flashing btw. Might be even sleazier though since their pics of it on the net.

Cue: But if a Spur did flash, he would probably be classy and do it in a tuxedo jacket!

joshdaboss
06-29-2011, 06:13 PM
Oh, taking pics of your cock is not flashing btw. Might be even sleazier though since their pics of it on the net.

Cue: But if a Spur did flash, he would probably be classy and do it in a tuxedo jacket!

Guy took a picture of his meat, big deal. He didn't rape anybody.

That we know of.

DMX7
06-29-2011, 06:55 PM

Probably the first legitimate point you've made on this board.

But I hesitate to give you credit because it's so obvious.

Koolaid_Man
06-29-2011, 07:57 PM
We know the Spurs are far and away the classiest organization in all of sports, but who's the 2nd classiest organization in the NBA?

you still rocking that ass tat of the red hot chili pepper that I bought for you...

jjktkk
06-29-2011, 08:08 PM
The Toros

:lol

jjktkk
06-29-2011, 08:10 PM
Pistons or Kings. They got their own forum after the way they lost to the Spurs with so much class.

Leetonidas
06-29-2011, 08:25 PM
George Hill's nude photos were pretty classy, much classier than Oden's imo tbh fwiw iirc

baseline bum
06-29-2011, 08:43 PM

Huh? The flasher was shipped to Indiana due to his low class defense and execution of the pick and roll. Good riddance. And Neal sets the standard for classful rape: most guys just want to get their's and that's it, but he made sure his boys got some too.

Leetonidas
06-29-2011, 08:45 PM
unrelated but i don't feel like starting a new thread. is this cooler than calf tats?

http://tosh.comedycentral.com/blog/files/2011/06/burrito-tat.jpg

dunkman
06-29-2011, 09:04 PM
Tbh, the Lakers organization has some mystic, but I dislike how they constantly get help from Stern.

KobeOwnsDuncan
06-29-2011, 09:08 PM
unrelated but i don't feel like starting a new thread. is this cooler than calf tats?

http://tosh.comedycentral.com/blog/files/2011/06/burrito-tat.jpg

Spurfan? :lmao

LnGrrrR
06-29-2011, 09:42 PM

To be fair though, everyone else is tied for 29th.

Anytime a team is known as the Jailblazers, they win "Least Classy" by default.

Venti Quattro
06-29-2011, 11:11 PM
Memphis

Findog
06-29-2011, 11:53 PM
Thunder?

Seattle says hi.

G-Dawgg
06-30-2011, 03:02 AM
Raptors. They aren't a winning team, but they are very professional on every level. Especially being the face of Canada in the NBA they are a very classy organization.

baseline bum
06-30-2011, 03:33 AM
Raptors. They aren't a winning team, but they are very professional on every level. Especially being the face of Canada in the NBA they are a very classy organization.

'Eh, some might think the Raptors showed class by letting Mourning leave to piggyback a title in Miami, but I think it showed stupidity. Even worse was trading Carter to a big market for nothing. Being a doormat to a couple of prima donnas does nothing to give an organization class. The only path to true class is to play the right way and to just go out and win in a world of hype. If it was easy then everyone would be as classy as our San Antonio Spurs, but it's a high standard that no one else can measure up to.

joshdaboss
06-30-2011, 07:38 AM
Not sure if people saying Memphis are trolling or not? rofl

They've got 3 or 4 black guys, who, if I saw them on the News saying they were going to jail for the rest of their lives, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised. Not a bit.

baseline bum
06-30-2011, 07:52 AM
Which 3 or 4?

joshdaboss
06-30-2011, 07:56 AM
Which 3 or 4?

Zach Randolph
Tony Allen
Rudy Gay
OJ Mayo

DMC
06-30-2011, 08:40 PM
Zach Randolph
Tony Allen
Rudy Gay
OJ Mayo

The question was about the organization, not just the players.

DMC
09-21-2014, 02:48 PM
Still a valid question imo

DMX7
09-22-2014, 12:03 AM

This is still correct.

~O~
09-22-2014, 01:24 PM
It has to be in terms of relevance in the last 3 year span. The world gone through changes in small era's due to rate at which information is exchanged, e.g., facets of social networking and technology .

Then it depends players, coaching staff, GM, front office and ownership. Fans should be excluded because fans pay to be there. They don't work for you, lol. I'd say how you go about yourself through media and the court counts as well. The Spurs definitely win in those categories.

I'd list teams I believe are classy because...they really haven't done anything major to anybody at all and have players that just play and don't say shit. To add, they have players who don't have negative, inflated, or heavily inclusive reputations within the circus.

Deserved
~SAS~

New Orleans Pelicans - State named team and uprising players.
Orlando Magic - what have they done to anybody but be generous and classy players at the least.
Toronto Raptors - Building beautifully. I hope they don't stagnate.
Memphis Grizzlies - Gritty hard workers. Wish they could shoot
Washington Wizards - Color change I'm loving and the building has gone great.
Golden State Warriors - No arrogance here. Slight bit overrated Talent but still great organization however they shouldn't have done Marc Jackson like that.
Portland Trailblazers -can't hate anyone. They really don't talk much.
Utah Jazz - What have they done to anyone??? They haven't even gotten my attention.
Phoenix Suns - didn't hand out undeserved max contracts like real motherfuckers.
Charlotte Hornets - signed stephenson to a great offer, changed name back, and more building.

Possibly Should and notable:

Dallas Mavericks - Gritty organization who speak out against the NBA and missed on on a second championship because of a spoiled organization.

: but...Lance Stephenson. Michael Jordan arrogance is a hit and miss. Other than that, they're fine.

Atlanta Hawks: Stagnant organization that isn't going nowhere but at least they make the playoffs. However, they've been in the circus recently.

Can't add:
Denver Nuggets:...however....JaVale McGee, Wilson Chandler, Arron Afflalo, Darrell Arthur, Nate Robinson all look like guys you want to punch in the face.

Milwaukee Bucks: Just plan shit and possibly will move out of their city. They can't even pull off a great trade. Minnesota Timberwolves: Traded Love...then took shots lol. Come on man. Bledsoe Max contract? THE FUCK.

Indiana Pacers: No fucking Balls and are on the verge of collapse.

Houston Rockets: Self explanatory.

Milwaukee Bucks: Just plan shit and possibly will move out of their city. They can't even pull off a great trade.

Philadelphia 76ers: but..it all their recent picks have something I don't like about them and also "tank hard"

Sacramento Kings: Demarcus Cousins, Ben McLemore are idiots; they seem like they just don't give a shit anymore.

Detroit Pistons: Roster composition of Josh Smith, Brandon Jennings, Caron "the phone" butler, Charlie
Madman" Villa. Hell naw.

Sacramento Kings: Never improving, Demarcus Cousins. eh

Cleveland Cavaliers: Before the loss of LeBron James, this was the most arrogant organization ever AND ITS returned.

Spoiled Organizations and spoiled means various things that are overwhelming terrible about them:

Chicago Bulls
Los Angeles Lakers
Los Angeles Clippers
Boston Celtics
Brooklyn Nets
Miami Heat
Oklahoma City Thunder
New York Knicks

DMC
12-15-2015, 02:30 AM
Still trying to answer this question. Is it the Hawks? The Warriors? Some other team coached by a former Spur?

K...
12-15-2015, 03:16 PM
Recently, probably the Celts.

Warriors have too much bling and flash. Atlanta has racism and their ownership is recently overhauled.

ddjeffries
12-15-2015, 07:06 PM
Celts for sure right now. I hope Brad Stevens is an assistant on Team USA under Pop. Dude just exudes class.

12-15-2015, 08:03 PM
Rick and Dirk are one of the classiest coach-player combo ever tbqh.