PDA

View Full Version : Do Anderson and McDyess have deadlines on June 30th?

objective
06-30-2011, 12:36 AM
Apologies if I missed it.

What are the deadlines for picking up Anderson's 3rd year and for terminating McDyess's 3rd year with the buyout?

Is that June 30th or is it a different date?

Dunc n Dave
06-30-2011, 12:39 AM
Anderson is going into his 2nd year, not his 3rd, so unless I'm wrong, the Spurs can't pick up his 3rd year until after the 2011-2012 season. He was a rookie last season. Not sure on the deadline for McDyess.

admiralsnackbar
06-30-2011, 12:41 AM
Deadline is July 1

Bruno
06-30-2011, 02:39 AM
Yes and yes.
Spurs must decide what to do with both today. For whatever reason, they are waiting until the last day.

Amuseddaysleeper
06-30-2011, 02:49 AM
Hopefully the Spurs can flip Dice's contract and get something decent big man wise in return.

Ditty
06-30-2011, 02:53 AM
I hope we can but not if Anderson is included, wouldn't mind Neal. Would be nice to go into the lockout with a solid big man.

TDMVPDPOY
06-30-2011, 03:48 AM
should just pick up anderson whose on what? minimum rookie contract around 1m...

venitian navigator
06-30-2011, 12:05 PM
still no news ?

Darkwaters
06-30-2011, 12:23 PM
Anderson is going into his 2nd year, not his 3rd, so unless I'm wrong, the Spurs can't pick up his 3rd year until after the 2011-2012 season. He was a rookie last season. Not sure on the deadline for McDyess.

Nope, you pick up the option on the 3rd year after the 1st, and you pick up the option on the 4th year after the 2nd. Reference: Ian Mahinmi.

Dunc n Dave
06-30-2011, 12:58 PM
Nope, you pick up the option on the 3rd year after the 1st, and you pick up the option on the 4th year after the 2nd. Reference: Ian Mahinmi.

I stand corrected then....

ace3g
06-30-2011, 02:32 PM
Non-lockout update: Spurs postpone contract decision on McDyess, hope to convince him to play one more season. bit.ly/lbbtB1

http://blog.mysanantonio.com/spursnation/2011/06/30/spurs-extend-deadline-on-mcdyess-salary-guarantee/

Bruno
06-30-2011, 02:49 PM
Props to Dice for accepting to extend the deadline. With a lockout he took the risk of not being paid the guaranteed portion of his contract. Classy move by him. :tu

cheguevara
06-30-2011, 02:52 PM
cool. If it's a short season Dyess might want to play. Short season is gonna benefit Spurs tremendously :D

Mel_13
06-30-2011, 02:52 PM
If the season starts in February, like in '99, he may decide to play out his contract.

smrattler
06-30-2011, 03:59 PM
If the season starts in Feb... I like our chances. Imagine if we had only played 50 games last year. I like those chances.

Bruno
06-30-2011, 04:34 PM
I hope we will hear quickly some news about Anderson because no news would mean that Spurs have given up on him which would be a damn bad move.

DesignatedT
06-30-2011, 04:58 PM
no way spurs have given up on anderson.

TimmehC
06-30-2011, 05:06 PM
Extend the man already.

ace3g
06-30-2011, 05:25 PM
only news I could get from McDonald:
Normally, they'd have until Oct. Lockout will postpone that deadline.

ChumpDumper
06-30-2011, 06:36 PM
Why is everyone worried about picking up Anderson's option in June?

ChuckD
06-30-2011, 07:06 PM

Yeah, it's not a qualifying offer (due in June), it's an option, normally in Oct.

ChumpDumper
06-30-2011, 07:07 PM
Like the very end of October.

Bruno
06-30-2011, 07:15 PM

Because if there is still a lockout in October, Spurs won't be able to pick the option before the deadline.
In case you haven't noticed it, a lot of teams have picked options for their first round picks in the past few days/hours.

ChumpDumper
06-30-2011, 07:19 PM
If it's a new CBA, why would the old CBA's deadline apply?

Bruno
06-30-2011, 07:21 PM
If it's a new CBA, why would the old CBA's deadline apply?

Because the deadline is also in the player contract.

ChumpDumper
06-30-2011, 07:23 PM
Because the deadline is also in the player contract.So is getting paid, but you won't see that happening during a lockout.

Can't say I'm worried about this one.

DPG21920
06-30-2011, 07:28 PM
With trading Hill and everything you hear from all people around the league, the Spurs are high on Anderson. IMO there is nothing at all to worry about.

I can't believe Dice would risk the limited portion of his contract however. That is very strange to me. Perhaps, he and the Spurs have some sort of continued "gentleman's agreement".

I also wonder if the Spurs move him tonight?

Bruno
06-30-2011, 07:30 PM
So is getting paid, but you won't see that happening during a lockout.

Can't say I'm worried about this one.

Apples and oranges.

Do you realize that a lot of teams have picked options for their first round pick. Why would they do that if picking the option after the lockout was an option?

ChumpDumper
06-30-2011, 07:31 PM
Apples and oranges.How?

You just said it was in the player contract. So is being paid. It's all part of the contract.

Do you realize that a lot of teams have picked options for their first round pick. Why would they do that if picking the option after the lockout was an option?Because they can and want to pick up the option on those players now. That happens every year, does it not?

And why would the owners lock themselves out of their unilateral decision to pick up an option on a player?

Doesn't make much sense.

I'll believe some media write up about this business if someone links it.

Bruno
06-30-2011, 07:34 PM
it doesn't matter that it makes sense or not.

Fact is that tons of options have been picked up this month. Do you really think owners woudl have committed to spending more money withotu a good reason to do it?

ChumpDumper
06-30-2011, 07:35 PM
it doesn't matter that it makes sense or not.

Fact is that tons of options have been picked up this month. Do you really think owners woudl have committed to spending more money withotu a good reason to do it?As I said, show me a link explaining what owners are locking themselves out of and I'll believe it. I'm not just arguing to argue.

It's not like rookie option years are bank breakers.

Bruno
06-30-2011, 07:42 PM
As I said, show me a link explaining what owners are locking themselves out of and I'll believe it. I'm not just arguing to argue.

It's not like rookie option years are bank breakers.

It sure seems you are just arguing to argue.

Most of the rookies have had their options picked in June while it usually happen during the training camp. That's a quite conclusive evidence that options must be picked before the lockout.

ChumpDumper
06-30-2011, 07:45 PM
It sure seems you are just arguing to argue.Not really.

Most of the rookies have had their options picked in June while it usually happen during the training camp. That's a quite conclusive evidence that options must be picked before the lockout.I've seen options picked up early before. If you could compare and contrast the number of options picked up, I'd be more inclined to believe you -- though I'd still want to see explicitly stated how and why the owners locked themselves out of making business decisions someplace other than a message board.

In am by no means saying I am 100% right and I fully accept the possibility you are 100% right. I just want confirmation because it really doesn't seem logical.

ElNono
06-30-2011, 07:51 PM
I only found this article (http://www.csnchicago.com/06/30/11/NBA-lockout-to-be-official-Thursday-nigh/landing_bulls_loud3r.html?blockID=538533&feedID=661) that mentions something about that.

It says that during the last lockout, teams were granted short extensions to the deadlines to be able to pick up options. I guess some teams and players felt they didn't want the uncertainty.

Bruno
06-30-2011, 07:54 PM
I've seen options picked up early before. If you could compare and contrast the number of options picked up, I'd be more inclined to believe you -- though I'd still want to see it explicitly stated someplace other than a message board.

A quick search gave at least 38 options picked for first round picks.
It isn't a marginal effect.

ChumpDumper
06-30-2011, 07:54 PM
A quick search gave at least 38 options picked for first round picks.
It isn't a marginal effect.Compared to what?

ElNono
06-30-2011, 07:55 PM
The widely expected lockout likely will push the Bulls' decision date on Keith Bogans' team option of $1.728 million back from July 10.

That date is nine days after when free agency is scheduled to begin if there is not a lockout. During the NBA's last work stoppage before the 1998-99 season, teams were granted the same amount of time to make such decisions once the new collective bargaining agreement was settled.

From here (http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2011-06-23/sports/ct-spt-0624-bits-bulls-nba-draft-chic20110623_1_nba-lockout-gar-forman-bulls)

ChumpDumper
06-30-2011, 08:00 PM
The widely expected lockout likely will push the Bulls' decision date on Keith Bogans' team option of $1.728 million back from July 10.

That date is nine days after when free agency is scheduled to begin if there is not a lockout. During the NBA's last work stoppage before the 1998-99 season, teams were granted the same amount of time to make such decisions once the new collective bargaining agreement was settled.

From here (http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2011-06-23/sports/ct-spt-0624-bits-bulls-nba-draft-chic20110623_1_nba-lockout-gar-forman-bulls)That makes more sense to me. Using that as a guide, the option would be able to be picked up around the end of whatever training camp teams end up having/beginning of the regular season.

Bruno
06-30-2011, 08:00 PM
Compared to what?

Compared to the amount of players whose option could have been picked up.

ChumpDumper
06-30-2011, 08:03 PM
Compared to the amount of players whose option could have been picked up.A more apt comparison would be the numbers of options picked up early in previous years.

Thanks if you choose to look that up. Seems like it would be an ass pain.

Bruno
06-30-2011, 08:12 PM
A more apt comparison would be the numbers of options picked up early in previous years.

Thanks if you choose to look that up. Seems like it would be an ass pain.

Last year, the first option was picked on September 24

ChumpDumper
06-30-2011, 08:24 PM
Thanks. Still have no reason to believe owners would forbid themselves from extending a deadline like they have in the past.

Bruno
06-30-2011, 08:29 PM
While I think owners can push back deadlines to pick up options, players would have to agree with that. They could have made the reasoning that it's easier to pick options before July than having to negotiate something more in CBA talks, even if it's just a detail.

ChumpDumper
06-30-2011, 08:37 PM
True enough, though I can't imagine why players would want to give away the chance for union members to make more than the minimum along with the potential to make more since they wouldn't be starting their Bird year clock again (of course that can change, but who knows right now?). OTOH I can see the owners setting their current expenses in stone early so they can make more concrete projections and base their offers on that, at the same time reassuring players that they will be wanted after this deal is finally reached. I just haven't seen anyone saying it will be impossible to pick up a rookie option after tonight.

CGD
06-30-2011, 09:31 PM
Anderson is going into his 2nd year of his rookie deal, I thought team options on such deals became an issue before the 3rd year. No?

objective
06-30-2011, 09:37 PM
I hope they do pick up Anderson's option prior to 11:01 or whenever it is.

ChuckD
06-30-2011, 10:27 PM
Anderson is going into his 2nd year of his rookie deal, I thought team options on such deals became an issue before the 3rd year. No?

No. The year 3 option is picked up between year 1 and year 2, and the year 4 option is picked up between year 2 and year 3.

CGD
06-30-2011, 11:36 PM
No. The year 3 option is picked up between year 1 and year 2, and the year 4 option is picked up between year 2 and year 3.

Cool, thanks.

Bruno
07-01-2011, 08:30 AM
It looks like Spurs haven't picked Anderson's option. I hope they will be able to do it at the end of the lockout.

objective
07-01-2011, 06:17 PM
It looks like Spurs haven't picked Anderson's option. I hope they will be able to do it at the end of the lockout.

Timetable for the Spurs blogs to trawl this forum per usual and throw up a post about it?

GB20
07-01-2011, 09:07 PM
Is james anderson still on the team?

TJastal
07-01-2011, 11:09 PM
lmao @ all the scrohs who been riding Anderson's nutsack, Pop obviously don't think he is part of their long term plans, after coming back last year fat and out of shape (after a friggin toe injury no less)

bye bye fatass, hello Danny Green

ChumpDumper
07-02-2011, 03:02 AM
I don't believe it's obvious -- definitely not as obvious as Hill's not being part of their long term plans.

TJastal
07-02-2011, 08:14 AM
I don't believe it's obvious -- definitely not as obvious as Hill's not being part of their long term plans.

Connecting the dots is really all anyone had to do with Anderson.

The emergence of Neal last year was the first nail in Anderson's coffin. His motivational issues (ie getting fat in 2 months) was the 2nd nail. The final nail was Leonard coming aboard.

There's just no room/PT left for him. Manu and Neal will take all his minutes at the 2, and Jefferson & Leonard will take them at the 3. Unless Pop's plan is to have Neal backing up Parker (which I doubt seriously even Pop is that dumb) he'll be toros bound next year.

Pop will probably keep the cheaper, better version of Anderson (Danny Green) around for when they need size and defense at the wings.

ohmwrecker
07-02-2011, 09:26 AM
James Anderson has more talent and potential than Danny Green. Green is roster filling 12th man talent who couldn't get PT on the Cavaliers.

ChumpDumper
07-02-2011, 10:40 AM
Connecting the dots is really all anyone had to do with Anderson.

The emergence of Neal last year was the first nail in Anderson's coffin. His motivational issues (ie getting fat in 2 months) was the 2nd nail. The final nail was Leonard coming aboard.

There's just no room/PT left for him. Manu and Neal will take all his minutes at the 2, and Jefferson & Leonard will take them at the 3. Unless Pop's plan is to have Neal backing up Parker (which I doubt seriously even Pop is that dumb) he'll be toros bound next year.

Pop will probably keep the cheaper, better version of Anderson (Danny Green) around for when they need size and defense at the wings.Given your track record of predictions regarding Hill's future on the team, I'll just ignore this one.

You're welcome.

ChuckD
07-02-2011, 11:46 AM
The Spurs never do anything until they have to. What if he were to destroy his knee in unsanctioned workouts and could never play again? They'd be on the hook to pay that salary for year 3 if they picked up his option. Now, they're not.

TJastal
07-03-2011, 07:31 AM
The Spurs never do anything until they have to. What if he were to destroy his knee in unsanctioned workouts and could never play again? They'd be on the hook to pay that salary for year 3 if they picked up his option. Now, they're not.

As was related already in the thread, the spurs had to pick up the option July 1st, because of the lockout. Anderson is now on a very short list of options not picked up from around the league. Securing Anderson for the future appears not to be a huge priority for the spurs FO and for once I agree with their reasoning.

TJastal
07-03-2011, 07:32 AM
Given your track record of predictions regarding Hill's future on the team, I'll just ignore this one.

You're welcome.

Much as I try, I can't control what mistakes the FO makes.

TJastal
07-03-2011, 07:34 AM
James Anderson has more talent and potential than Danny Green. Green is roster filling 12th man talent who couldn't get PT on the Cavaliers.

Anderson may have been a better scorer in college but Green was the better all around player IMO and has a better chance of finding a niche in the nba.

ChuckD
07-03-2011, 08:36 AM
As was related already in the thread, the spurs had to pick up the option July 1st, because of the lockout. Anderson is now on a very short list of options not picked up from around the league. Securing Anderson for the future appears not to be a huge priority for the spurs FO and for once I agree with their reasoning.
That's your interpretation. The actual deadline for year 3/4 options is the end of training camp, usually sometime in Oct, which now will not happen until the lockout ends.

I'm so sure that they will pick up his option, I'm willing to do an ELE bet with you right now, today. After the resolution of his contract/extension issue, loser doesn't post on ST until the playoffs. Put up or shut up.

TheProfessor
07-03-2011, 08:51 AM
Little premature to assume anything regarding Anderson's option, until we hear otherwise.

TJastal
07-03-2011, 09:01 AM
That's your interpretation. The actual deadline for year 3/4 options is the end of training camp, usually sometime in Oct, which now will not happen until the lockout ends.

I'm so sure that they will pick up his option, I'm willing to do an ELE bet with you right now, today. After the resolution of his contract/extension issue, loser doesn't post on ST until the playoffs. Put up or shut up.

I'd really hate to see you lose your posting priviledges. Part of my daily entertainment consists of seeing what all the homers are saying. Never gets old.

Perhaps something a little less drastic, like a sig bet?

TJastal
07-03-2011, 09:56 AM
Little premature to assume anything regarding Anderson's option, until we hear otherwise.

I think it's pretty "assumable" that Pop & FO didn't care enough to pick up the option heading into the uncertain waters of the lockout. Which is telling of what they think of him so far.

They might pick it up at some future point if the mood strikes them...it's still fairly cheap and Manu is injury prone. But Anderson is going to have to really impress in what will probably be limited minutes in order to crack into the rotation now.

TheProfessor
07-03-2011, 10:41 AM
I think it's pretty "assumable" that Pop & FO didn't care enough to pick up the option heading into the uncertain waters of the lockout. Which is telling of what they think of him so far.

They might pick it up at some future point if the mood strikes them...it's still fairly cheap and Manu is injury prone. But Anderson is going to have to really impress in what will probably be limited minutes in order to crack into the rotation now.
I don't think it's telling of anything. It likely has less to do with their evaluation of Anderson and more to do with delaying fiscal decisions to the last possible moment (assuming this was not a hard deadline, or that they did not already quietly pick up his option).

stubborn 1
07-03-2011, 11:01 AM
(a) Each Rookie Scale Contract between a Team and a First Round Pick shall cover a period of two (2) Seasons, but shall have an Option in favor of the Team for the player’s third Season and a second Option in favor of the Team for the player’s fourth Season. The Option for the player’s third Season shall be exercisable during the period from the day following the last day of the first Season through the immediately following October 31. The Option for the player’s fourth Season shall be exercisable during the period from the day following the last day of the second Season through the immediately following October 31. Such Options shall be exercisable by notice to the player that is either personally delivered to the player or his representative or sent by pre-paid certified, registered, or overnight mail to the last known address of the player or his representative, signed by the Team, informing the player that the Team has exercised such Option.

This is a quote from the NBA Players Collective Bargaining Agreement, Article: Rookie Salary Scale. It appears that the Spurs have until October 31, 2011 to exercise Anderson's option.

ChuckD
07-03-2011, 12:23 PM
I'd really hate to see you lose your posting priviledges. Part of my daily entertainment consists of seeing what all the homers are saying. Never gets old.

Put up or shut up.

GB20
07-03-2011, 01:29 PM
so that means the clippers gave up on blake griffin too because i have not heard anything about picking up his option for the moment.

ChumpDumper
07-03-2011, 01:31 PM

They might pick it up at some future point....

Man, that was one of the quickest walkbacks in ST history.

bluebellmaniac
07-03-2011, 02:41 PM
Man, that was one of the quickest walkbacks in ST history.

+1
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

ChumpDumper
07-03-2011, 03:10 PM
so that means the clippers gave up on blake griffin too because i have not heard anything about picking up his option for the moment.They did.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/news/story?id=6661870

Sham put together a list of player who had their options picked up and those who didn't.

http://blog.shamsports.com/2011/07/what-happened-prior-to-july-1st-other.html

Notice there is no team that did both. It looks like teams some teams simply decided to make the decisions early and some didn't.

GB20
07-03-2011, 03:28 PM
The following players did not have their 2012/13 rookie scale team options exercised, yet:

- Charlotte: Gerald Henderson (http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/playerProfiles/profileDisplay.jsp?id=1105)
- Detroit: Greg Monroe (http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/playerProfiles/profileDisplay.jsp?id=1111) and Austin Daye (http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/playerProfiles/profileDisplay.jsp?id=1173)
- Houston: Patrick Patterson (http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/playerProfiles/profileDisplay.jsp?id=1116), Jonny Flynn (http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/playerProfiles/profileDisplay.jsp?id=1110), Hasheem Thabeet (http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/playerProfiles/profileDisplay.jsp?id=863), Jordan Hill (http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/playerProfiles/profileDisplay.jsp?id=1134) and Terrence Williams (http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/playerProfiles/profileDisplay.jsp?id=1113)
- Memphis: Xavier Henry (http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/playerProfiles/profileDisplay.jsp?id=1297) and Greivis Vasquez (http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/playerProfiles/profileDisplay.jsp?id=1141)
- New Jersey: Damion James (http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/playerProfiles/profileDisplay.jsp?id=1117)
- New Orleans: Quincy Pondexter (http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/playerProfiles/profileDisplay.jsp?id=1407)
- New York: Toney Douglas (http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/playerProfiles/profileDisplay.jsp?id=1175)
- Orlando: Daniel Orton (http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/playerProfiles/profileDisplay.jsp?id=1445)
- Philadelphia: Jrue Holiday (http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/playerProfiles/profileDisplay.jsp?id=1172), Craig Brackins (http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/playerProfiles/profileDisplay.jsp?id=1316) and Evan Turner (http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/playerProfiles/profileDisplay.jsp?id=1107)
- San Antonio: James Anderson (http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages/playerProfiles/profileDisplay.jsp?id=1147)
now i feel good the spurs are going to keep anderson because that is a really good group of players to let them go.

jjktkk
07-03-2011, 03:46 PM
I think it's pretty "assumable" that, pretty much anything I say, comes off sounding stupid.

Dead on tbh.

Bruno
07-03-2011, 04:28 PM
Given the high quality of some of the players whose option hasn't been picked. It's hard to envisage that teams won't have the option to pick the option after the lockout.

While it's easy to understand why some teams hasn't picked the option (less guarantee money in case of an injury, more flexibility..), it's more difficult to understand why so much teams have picked options. The best explanation I can come from is that with more guaranteed money in their contract, it will be harder for players to go overseas and play for a new team. I'm not sold on it so you're welcome if you have a better explanation.

Sham
07-03-2011, 04:33 PM
(a) Each Rookie Scale Contract between a Team and a First Round Pick shall cover a period of two (2) Seasons, but shall have an Option in favor of the Team for the player’s third Season and a second Option in favor of the Team for the player’s fourth Season. The Option for the player’s third Season shall be exercisable during the period from the day following the last day of the first Season through the immediately following October 31. The Option for the player’s fourth Season shall be exercisable during the period from the day following the last day of the second Season through the immediately following October 31. Such Options shall be exercisable by notice to the player that is either personally delivered to the player or his representative or sent by pre-paid certified, registered, or overnight mail to the last known address of the player or his representative, signed by the Team, informing the player that the Team has exercised such Option.

This is a quote from the NBA Players Collective Bargaining Agreement, Article: Rookie Salary Scale. It appears that the Spurs have until October 31, 2011 to exercise Anderson's option.

Don't forget, though, that that document no longer has any meaning. As of this week, it got torn up.

bluebellmaniac
07-03-2011, 05:51 PM
Don't forget, though, that that document no longer has any meaning. As of this week, it got torn up.

Wait.... is this THE SHAM? The one and only? If so.... it's quite the honor sir!

bluebellmaniac
07-03-2011, 06:02 PM
Oh yes, just did the research, this is the one and only SHAM. No one else could write with that dry wit that I appreciate so much.

Peeps, mark this thread for it is like finding a picture of Jesus imprinted on your tortilla, or finding a cross when you cut that potato in half. Where Sham walks it is like the shepherd walking amongst his sheep. Like being touched by the hand of el senor himself.

The basketball gods have smiled kindly on ST!

God bless Sham!

:-D

benefactor
07-03-2011, 06:08 PM
Wait.... is this THE SHAM? The one and only? If so.... it's quite the honor sir!
Yes, it is.

TJastal
07-04-2011, 01:33 AM
so that means the clippers gave up on blake griffin too because i have not heard anything about picking up his option for the moment.

You probably didn't hear anything because they picked it up June 14th, almost immediately after the season ended. Imagine that, huh? :lol

Guess the clippers weren't too worried about Griffin's reconstructed knee.

:lol

TJastal
07-04-2011, 02:06 AM
And now that you mention it, GB20... who would have thought the biggest tightwad in professional basketball (Donald Sterling) would be less worried about losing money than Peter Holt? Food for thought...

ChumpDumper
07-04-2011, 03:48 AM
Keep hope alive, TJ.

TJastal
07-04-2011, 04:26 AM
Keep hope alive, TJ.

I'll try, but ChuckD might just be beyond help at this point.

ChumpDumper
07-04-2011, 04:34 AM
I'll try, but ChuckD might just be beyond help at this point.I wasn't talking about that.

Not that i expect you to get it.

ace3g
07-07-2011, 01:06 AM
McDyess to participate in Houston Pro-Am

According to Carla Peay of the Washington Post, McDyess is to participate in a summer Pro-Am league along with other NBA players.

Evans plays in a Houston Pro-Am League with other NBA veterans, including former Wizard Cartier Martin, T.J. Ford of the Indiana Pacers, Antonio McDyess of the San Antonio Spurs, and D.J. Augustin of the Charlotte Bobcats.

http://projectspurs.com/2011-articles/july/mcdyess-still-playing-basketball.html

objective
12-15-2011, 03:07 PM
so . . .

a new deadline for Anderson as well?

Did I miss news on this?

MaNu4Tres
12-15-2011, 03:17 PM
so . . .

Did I miss news on this?

Deadline for what? If I'm not mistaken, Anderson's contract is guaranteed this year (there's no option).

objective
12-15-2011, 03:20 PM
Deadline for what? If I'm not mistaken, Anderson's contract is guaranteed this year (there's no option).

a deadline for picking up his 3rd year (next year).

Not every 1st round draftee has that year picked up (like Joe Alexander).

MaNu4Tres
12-15-2011, 03:25 PM
a deadline for picking up his 3rd year (next year).

Not every 1st round draftee has that year picked up (like Joe Alexander).

My fault, misunderstood (reading the OP would've helped). I don't see why the Spurs wouldn't have picked it up. I'm assume they already did.

Mel_13
12-15-2011, 05:46 PM
so . . .

Did I miss news on this?

I'm nearly certain that it's January 25th.

In a normal season, the deadline is October 31st. That's for players entering their 2nd/3rd season to have their 3rd/4th season options picked up. It's also the deadline to sign a contract extension for players entering the 4th year of their rookie contracts (like Derrick Rose). I can find plenty of links stating that January 25th is the deadline for rookie contract extensions, but not one that specifically states that the date also applies to rookie contract options. Still, I'm sure I read about them both at the same time.

Mel_13
12-16-2011, 03:24 PM
NBA official says: This year, deadline for team to exercise 3rd-year option on player in his rookie scale contract is Jan. 25.

http://twitter.com/JoshuaBRobbins