PDA

View Full Version : Still Not Letting it Go

mavsfan1000
06-30-2011, 02:41 AM
The refs took the Mavs title away from the Mavs in 2006. Who would know how much tougher mentally we would be in 2007 if we won that deserved title. Game 5 was by far the worst reffed game of the series. For those that forgot how one-sided Bennett Salvatore was that night, might want to check it out on youtube. I feel bad for Josh Howard for that mental mistake that Avery forced him to do. Terry was a beast that night along with Howard. Until the unfortunate D-Whistles throughout the game. Phantom foul after phantom foul. 25 free throws for Wade including the game winning free throws when there was no foul in overtime. Fuck you Bennett Salvatore. May you burn in hell for those calls.

Ghazi
06-30-2011, 02:45 AM
shut the fuck up

mavsfan1000
06-30-2011, 02:47 AM
shut the fuck up
Watch game 5 over again and tell me you don't get angry by watching it.

mavsfan1000
06-30-2011, 02:50 AM
cyKPUfrpjaU

Ghazi
06-30-2011, 02:51 AM
it balanced out... if we won it all in '06 we wouldn't have won it all this year perhaps.. since we may have kept shit players like Howard and Harris.

mavsfan1000
06-30-2011, 02:54 AM
it balanced out... if we won it all in '06 we wouldn't have won it all this year perhaps.. since we may have kept shit players like Howard and Harris.
Or maybe they wouldn't have been psychologically scarred. Their careers could have turned out differently.

Ghazi
06-30-2011, 03:11 AM
Nah, Harris and Howard are shitPERIOD

mavsfan1000
06-30-2011, 03:16 AM
Nah, Harris and Howard are shitPERIOD
:rolleyes

mavsfan1000
06-30-2011, 03:23 AM
i seriously believe that if we didn't get screwed in 06 we probably also win 07 as well..hopefully jho would have still declined by then and we would have still made the same moves so we win #3 this year tho
I think Tyson Chandler was our biggest move. We were missing a prescence from 08-10 imo. We finally got it in Chandler. Dampier was getting old and Haywood was a bust imo.

Proxy
06-30-2011, 03:52 AM
i seriously believe that if we didn't get screwed in 06 we probably also win 07 as well..hopefully jho would have still declined by then and we would have still made the same moves so we win #3 this year tho

lol. this guy

lil'mo
06-30-2011, 09:14 AM
you experienced the same shitty officiating in the semi-finals in 06 only in your faovr that year bitch. lol STILL bitching about 06 finals. LOL thinking dallas should have more than 1 titles. 1 and done motherfuckers.

Greg Oden
06-30-2011, 09:20 AM
lol devin harris

Leetonidas
06-30-2011, 09:23 AM
If only Dirk hadn't missed that FT...

Leetonidas
06-30-2011, 09:24 AM
I remember reading someone giving a decent explanation on how it wasn't rigged because this was the first year after the rule change and Wade was the type of player the rule changes catered to the most. Combined with that and getting used to the new officiating, that is why the calls seemed so awful.

Does anyone think that's true or a load of shit

Greg Oden
06-30-2011, 09:27 AM
Was the rule change explained as it's a foul even if the guy doesn't get touched? If so it seems legit tbh.

_8lct4Y2FQI

Leetonidas
06-30-2011, 09:48 AM
Idk broheim what about det call in the wcsf when Dirk stepped on Tim's foot and Timmy got called for his sixth foul :cry

Leetonidas
06-30-2011, 09:51 AM
judsqvdjISs

It's at 1:23 :lmao

It's not as obvious as the one you posted but that shit still makes me butthurt

Phillip
06-30-2011, 10:21 AM
Idk broheim what about det call in the wcsf when Dirk stepped on Tim's foot and Timmy got called for his sixth foul :cry

:sleep

only spurs fans and one dumbass sportswriter (who is probably a closet spurs fan) has ever said anything about that series having one-sided officiating. the honest truth is, it was an extremely poorly officiated series against both teams. I haven't seen many playoff series that were as full of fail by the refs as that one.

in the end, just like the Mavs against the Heat, the Spurs had their chances and still could have won.

Anyways, Mavs fans (and a certain bulls fan) need to shut up and let it go. Yeah, it sucks, but oh well, they got their vindication, and if anything, it helped us to be able to appreciate the title so much more than we would have if they had won it in 2006. I wouldn't ever trade the chance we had to witness this title for anything. It may be one, but it was a damn sweet one.

Leetonidas
06-30-2011, 10:44 AM
:sleep

only spurs fans and one dumbass sportswriter (who is probably a closet spurs fan) has ever said anything about that series having one-sided officiating. the honest truth is, it was an extremely poorly officiated series against both teams. I haven't seen many playoff series that were as full of fail by the refs as that one.

in the end, just like the Mavs against the Heat, the Spurs had their chances and still could have won.

Anyways, Mavs fans (and a certain bulls fan) need to shut up and let it go. Yeah, it sucks, but oh well, they got their vindication, and if anything, it helped us to be able to appreciate the title so much more than we would have if they had won it in 2006. I wouldn't ever trade the chance we had to witness this title for anything. It may be one, but it was a damn sweet one.

This is true, really it was ridiculous calls like these that Dirk kept getting that pissed me off, or just the ticky tack bullshit when they'd let both teams play physical in the first half. I know Duncan got more free throws than Dirk iirc but he did play in the post and had Diop/Dampier smothering him.

I will say that I don't believe the whole rule change affecting shit though. Wade was a fucking monster but the refs did suck his dick 100x worse than anyone in the Spurs-Mavs series so it added up to him singlehandedly destroying the Mavs.

But in the end you guys are the champs and for the next season (unless they b2b) that's all that matters

ClipshowDynasty
06-30-2011, 11:17 AM
Tbh bulls fan needs to shut the fuck up. Lol being butthurt over something 5 years ago. Sure the refs blew chode but the Mavs had their chances. Game 5 with the game winning FT was bullshit though. What's done is done faggot so stfu.

Axe Murderer
06-30-2011, 11:39 AM
I haven't seen many playoff series that were as full of fail by the refs as that one.

Thank you I know spurfan will always go to their ":cry but Timmy's a post player he deserves those calls :cry" crutch but the fact is Duncan did get a shitload of bailout calls due to the respect he had over Dampier and Diop.

I don't care about that, it's part of the NBA, but Spurfan shouldn't have complained when Dirk got some ticky tack calls as well since he's also a superstar

Axe Murderer
06-30-2011, 11:40 AM
and bullsfan is a faggot

BlackSwordsMan
06-30-2011, 12:03 PM
refs give and refs take

Fabbs
06-30-2011, 12:06 PM
The refs took the Mavs title away from the Mavs in 2006. Who would know how much tougher mentally we would be in 2007 if we won that deserved title. Game 5 was by far the worst reffed game of the series. For those that forgot how one-sided Bennett Salvatore was that night, might want to check it out on youtube. I feel bad for Josh Howard for that mental mistake that Avery forced him to do. Terry was a beast that night along with Howard. Until the unfortunate D-Whistles throughout the game. Phantom foul after phantom foul. 25 free throws for Wade including the game winning free throws when there was no foul in overtime. Fuck you Bennett Salvatore. May you burn in hell for those calls.
STFU you're not even there if not for Dirkys b.s. ref help vs Timmy Duncan in Round 2.

Phillip
06-30-2011, 12:10 PM
Fabbs is a faggot.

Red Hawk #21
06-30-2011, 12:22 PM
2006 was a joke, the League should be ashamed of that Mavs-Heat series. There were times in that series where Wade wouldn't even look to make a play, he would just jump into someone and get 2 FT's. However, the Mavs had opportunities in that series that they royally fucked up. One can say "They shouldn't have to play perfect to overcome the Refs", but sometimes you actually do. Anyway, this is all water under the bridge now.

ZB 512
06-30-2011, 12:29 PM
STFU you're not even there if not for Dirkys b.s. ref help vs Timmy Duncan in Round 2.

Fact #1: Duncan shot more free throws than Dirk in that series

Fact #2: San Antonio shot more free throws than Dallas in that series

I dont like bringing up 06 but to compare the Mavs-Spurs semis to those NBA finals is absurd. Wade broke the all time record for FT attempts in a finals series, and the record still stands. Those finals were one of the most one sided of all time. The semis were not one sided. Nor did the semis didn't have anything resembling the bail out whistle FTW with 1.8 seconds left in game 5. It doesn't make sense for Spurs fans to bring it up because there is obviously no comparison between the two series.

Anyway, I digress. Like Carlisle said, the demons from 06 were officially destroyed this year. The redemption was perfect. This team probably wouldn't have taken shape like it has if things would have been different in 06 and I love this Mavs team. I wouldn't change a thing even if I could.

frodo
06-30-2011, 06:12 PM
mavs had their chances in 06 imo they just failed to make chances pay and blew it all away, it ain't refs fault that dirk missed both FTs that he shoulda easily made. same happened in the finals this year as well, in game 2 da heat had a 15pt lead wit 5 min left but they choked it away and ended up losing da game. had they won it it'd have been probably 3-0 against dem mavs after 3 games, dem mavs would've given it up and lost 0-4

dunkman
06-30-2011, 06:25 PM
Cuban made some disparaging declarations about the NBA. Stern sent the refs to STFU him. He didn't talk this time.

Keyser soze
06-30-2011, 07:41 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/1znn70p.jpg

DMC
06-30-2011, 08:37 PM
http://i41.tinypic.com/1znn70p.jpg

More like "can't read lol"

FkLA
06-30-2011, 09:04 PM
mavs were up 2-0 in the series and by 13 going into the 4th quarter of Game 3

dirk and co. chokedPERIOD