PDA

View Full Version : couponer clipped for lifting newspaper inserts

Blake
06-30-2011, 01:32 PM
can't say I've ever heard of someone getting busted for stealing coupons before.

....Hudson, 37, was arrested Monday. Denton Police say it was a case of 'extreme couponing.'

.....Investigators tell CBS 11 News a witness caught her stealing the Sunday coupon packets from a coin-operated newspaper stand at a Whataburger in Denton. "I have done it before, I have taken newspapers when I was like moving," explains Hudson......

......But this time she insists she only took the coupons from the newspapers she bought.

Hudson was originally ticketed for theft under $50, but then the charge was upgraded. "I stayed in jail for 24 hours over I still don't know what I the charge is," says Hudson......

"As silly as it may sound to us or a common person it's still a serious charge," says Officer Ryan Grelle with the Denton Police Department "In Denton you can face serious charges."......

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/dallas/denton-couponer-clipped-lifting-newspaper-inserts-135830716.html?bouchon=623,tx

JoeChalupa
06-30-2011, 01:39 PM
We get a local paper every week with coupon inserts on Thursdays and my cheap ass will go around and pickup the ones that people leave in their driveway when I go on my walk on Friday evening or Saturday morning. I figure if they don't pick it up by then they don't want them. I recycle the paper and keep the coupons. I started this awhile ago when I noticed that papers would stay out for weeks so it also cleans up the neighborhood.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-30-2011, 01:43 PM
I guess your neighbor's kids are too busy making sex to pick up those papers.

JoeChalupa
06-30-2011, 02:08 PM
I guess your neighbor's kids are too busy making sex to pick up those papers.

True, the coupons for condoms are always missing.

JoeChalupa
06-30-2011, 02:09 PM
Last week we saved over $60 on groceries though. :tu If only HEB had double coupons.

mrsmaalox
06-30-2011, 02:42 PM
True, the coupons for condoms are always missing.

Well those kids are having safe sex; props to their parents :tu

JoeChalupa
06-30-2011, 02:50 PM
Well those kids are having safe sex; props to their parents :tu

Yeah, I'm going to start giving my daughter condoms to carry one so she'll be ready.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-30-2011, 02:56 PM
There's coupons for condoms? Offered in newspapers, that is.

Creepn
06-30-2011, 03:30 PM
Yeah, I'm going to start giving my daughter condoms to carry one so she'll be ready.

I wouldn't because then she would feel obligated to use it. I would try to tell my daughter that if the boy doesn't have condoms, then no sex. That would help if your daughter didn't have a condom in her purse.

JoeChalupa
06-30-2011, 03:40 PM
I wouldn't because then she would feel obligated to use it. I would try to tell my daughter that if the boy doesn't have condoms, then no sex. That would help if your daughter didn't have a condom in her purse.

That is true but I've told her that if they are in heat than cover the meat. If he ain't gonna wrap it tell him to go home and whack it.

Yes there are coupons for condoms in the coupon inserts all the time.

Jared Franklin
06-30-2011, 05:04 PM
Here's an interesting question though: Have you ever done this?