PDA

View Full Version : Police "mistook" handicapped teenager's speech impediment for "disrespect," so they..

lefty
06-30-2011, 03:31 PM
...tasered him :pctoss

http://www.courthousenews.com/2011/06/29/37770.htm

DAYTON, Ohio (CN) - Dayton police "mistook" a mentally handicapped teenager's speech impediment for "disrespect," so they Tasered, pepper-sprayed and beat him and called for backup from "upward of 20 police officers" after the boy rode his bicycle home to ask his mother for help, the boy's mom says.
Pamela Ford says her "mentally challenged/handicapped" son Jesse Kersey, 17, was riding his bike near his Dayton home when Officer Willie Hooper stopped him and tried to talk to him.
The mom says that "Prior to the incident described below, defendant Hooper knew Jesse and was aware that Jesse was mentally challenged/handicapped and a minor child."
Nonetheless, Ford says, Hooper "apparently took Jesse's speech impediment for disrespect ... [and] began yelling at Jesse and after Jesse attempted to communicate with him[.] Jesse, being a minor and mentally challenged/handicapped, turned and rode his bike back to his home in an attempt to ask his mother, Ford, to help him communicate with defendant Cooper," according to the complaint in Montgomery County Court.
On the way, the mom says, "A neighbor attempted to communicate with Officer Hooper about Jesse's disabilities and was told to go back into his home, or he would be arrested."
As Ford opened her front door, she says, Hooper and co-defendant Officer John Howard, "fired their Tasers, striking Jesse in the back with both probes."
"Once inside the house, defendant Hooper and defendant Howard began to struggle with Jesse, who was standing against the back door with his hands up in front of his face, saying 'Please quit, please quit.'
"On numerous occasions, Ford and a family friend, Christopher Peyton, informed Officer Hooper that Jesse was mentally challenged/handicapped, and that Jesse did not understand what was happening," the complaint states.
But the mom says the cops continued their assault: "Officer Howard utilized his Cap-Stun pepper spray and sprayed Jesse ... [and] struck Jesse with a closed fist in the upper chest area.
"Officer Howard utilized his ASP and repeatedly struck Jesse in the upper left side of his left thigh.
"Back-up units were requested to Jesse's house, wherein upward of 20 police officers from different jurisdictions were present.
"At no point, even after being advised of Jesse's mental challenge/handicap by Jesse's family and numerous bystanders, did defendant Hooper, defendant Howard, or any other police officer present, attempt to communicate with Jesse or explain in terms he could understand as to why Jesse was being chased.
"Jesse was handcuffed and hogtied before being placed in the back of a police cruiser.
"Jesse was charged with assault on a peace officer, resisting arrest, and obstructing official business."
However, "Jesse was declared incompetent by the Montgomery County Juvenile Court and the charges against Jesse were dismissed."
Jesse and his mom seek damages from the city and the two lead officers, for false imprisonment, false arrest, malicious prosecution, assault, battery, excessive use of force, infliction of emotional distress and civil conspiracy.
They are represented by Richard Boucher

BlackSwordsMan
06-30-2011, 03:39 PM
blame his parents for not fixing his fat tongue

Vinnie_Johnson
06-30-2011, 03:43 PM
blame his parents for not fixing his fat tongue

You are so fucked up.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-30-2011, 03:46 PM
Whoops

JoeChalupa
06-30-2011, 03:48 PM
That is unbelievable.

tlongII
06-30-2011, 03:58 PM
Those cops should be charged with assault and kidnapping. It's only fair.

Ginobilly
06-30-2011, 04:06 PM
Those cops should be charged with assault and kidnapping. It's only fair.

You know that they wont! All they will get is a slap on the hand/suspended with pay, then they will be out patrolling in no time. The stupidity of some cops never ceases to amaze me. They should require a 4 years BA in criminal Justice in order for one to become a viable candidate to become an officer of the law. Then probably you wouldn't see none(or less) of this shit happening.

mouse
06-30-2011, 04:08 PM
to bad this didn't happen inside the Alamo Draft house.

Jared Franklin
06-30-2011, 04:10 PM
You son of a bitch that BR looks so good.

mouse
06-30-2011, 04:11 PM
Police state is coming people

too late it's here...

I4xO-3fjZQQ

mouse
06-30-2011, 04:16 PM
You son of a bitch that BR looks so good.

Manuel Cantu is shooting A Doc on BR & Barbacoa if any of you have had BigRed and barbacoa and want to share your experiences give him a pm.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Barbacoa-Big-Red/100079681073

Pero
06-30-2011, 04:39 PM
too late it's here...

I4xO-3fjZQQ

LMAO at those subtitles.

Corky
06-30-2011, 04:52 PM
daths futhed up

bus driver
06-30-2011, 04:53 PM
kid is about to get paid

Wild Cobra
06-30-2011, 05:18 PM
If that story is true, the police involved need to be fired and do jail time.

Spurtacus
06-30-2011, 05:35 PM
Beyond fucked up.

Frenzy
06-30-2011, 06:13 PM
When I was in high school I had a friend who was arrested and "roughed up" for studdering. The officer had a studdering problem(guess the cop thought he was making fun of him) and my friend only studdered when nervous. nothing happen to the cops.

pawe
06-30-2011, 06:17 PM
20 cops??? What, they think he has retard strength or something?

TheNextGen
06-30-2011, 07:06 PM
damn...thats restraint from the mom not stabbing the cops while they were assaulting her son. lol

silverblk mystix
06-30-2011, 07:08 PM
boo fuckin' hoo...

whatta bunch of pussies

resistanze
06-30-2011, 07:11 PM
^^ I guessing you're just trolling here after you've been clowned for your unconditional cop love endless times already.

redzero
06-30-2011, 07:16 PM
boo fuckin' hoo...

whatta bunch of pussies

Go on.

silverblk mystix
06-30-2011, 07:44 PM
once a week you girls gotta cry about the cops...

whatta buncha fuckin wimmens....

ooooh.....ooooohhh...the cops are mean....oooooh.....

grow a fuckin' pair....learn the fuckin rules and just get over it...

that stuttering prick is gonna get paid! and all you little moanin' bitches still wanna cry me a river....

disgusting vaginas'

mouse
06-30-2011, 08:01 PM
I predict a future south park episode before the month of July is up.

They love handicap/retarded/speech impediment people.

http://img353.imageshack.us/img353/6377/dlxtalkingjimmyqz9.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_fTT9xlgZ9CU/SAeUK7I_EkI/AAAAAAAAFho/Hz-8uCPBQ5s/s400/CartmanRetarded.jpg

Turrets syndrome

http://southparkstudios-intl.mtvnimages.com/shared/sps/img/content/characters/133a.jpg?width=320

Race...........

RNNlq3ucGIs

mouse
06-30-2011, 08:12 PM
once a week you girls gotta cry about the cops...

whatta buncha fuckin wimmens....

ooooh.....ooooohhh...the cops are mean....oooooh.....

grow a fuckin' pair....learn the fuckin rules and just get over it...

that stuttering prick is gonna get paid! and all you little moanin' bitches still wanna cry me a river....

disgusting vaginas'

I wouldn't want posters bad mouthing the Delta force on a daily basis but if one of my men was to take advantage of his authority and abused civilians in Iraq in any way I would want to know about it and I wouldn't condone it.

So you either support all actions of the police force good or bad not just the good.

XE92LQ3_OB8

J0WTcTzN96s

in this video I have to support the cops.

:lmao

_4qxH-6JFH8

DMC
06-30-2011, 08:27 PM
That should teach them retards and ghetto chickens some respect for da laws.