PDA

View Full Version : Linton Johnson

rr2418
06-11-2005, 06:52 PM
What's the word on Johnson? What type of player is he? Good offensive player? Good D?

dcole50
06-11-2005, 07:41 PM
based on the very few minutes i have seen him play ... great d, bad o.

Kori Ellis
06-11-2005, 07:41 PM
Very little offense, except some limited moves right around the basket. Good defender.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-11-2005, 08:56 PM
Well he's got a lot to live up to, considering all the shit he talked in today's paper about the likes of Kobe, Allen, and TMac.

ChumpDumper
06-11-2005, 08:59 PM
What'd he say?

Kori Ellis
06-11-2005, 09:00 PM
"Guys like (Houston's Tracy) McGrady, when he got to Orlando he used to attack, but I don't know if he's scared of contact now or what," Johnson says. "Manu comes at you even harder when he's hit. Kobe (Bryant), he's a great player but demands the ball a little too much. Ray Allen, you don't see him take the pounding."

ChumpDumper
06-11-2005, 09:05 PM
Hope he gets the chance to back it up.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-11-2005, 09:08 PM
LOL everyones vbookie seems to have taken a hit after finals game 1....kori you were ballin a few days ago..

Kori Ellis
06-11-2005, 09:12 PM
LOL everyones vbookie seems to have taken a hit after finals game 1....kori you were ballin a few days ago..

I have a $10,000 bet open on Spurs in Five.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-11-2005, 09:12 PM
but you had like $44000 didnt you?

Kori Ellis
06-11-2005, 09:13 PM
but you had like $44000 didnt you?

I lost a couple thousand only on game one. I have actually $25K on Spurs in Five.

JamStone
06-11-2005, 09:14 PM
I am a Piston fan, but just to give you Spurs fans an idea about the kid, I'll share my knowledge. I was attended Tulane two years when Linton was there. I knew all of the basketball players and scrimmaged with them in the spring. The basketball program was in pretty bad shape during that time, and Perry Clarke was a horrible coach from what I saw.

But, as to Linton, he was a very driven kid. He practiced more than most of the other guys trying to improve his game. I often saw him as early as 6 in the morning wokring out for a couple hours doing shooting drills. At Tulane, he predominantly played the power forward spot, sometimes even the center position. He is a legit 6-foot-7, 6-foot-8. I don't know what they list him now. His willingness to continue to learn about the game jumped out at me more than his actual athleticism or skill set. His midrange shot is much better than what he's probably shown. But, I don't recall him having much of a post skill set. With his length and instincts, he could be a very good shot-blocker.

I didn't picture him making it to the NBA. In fact, he didn't even strike me as one of the better players on the team. But, I was only around for his freshman and sophomore years there. But, for him to make it on the Chicago roster and fighting for a roster spot on the Spurs goes to show you how hard he's worked throughout college and since then.

I think with the right coaching and development, he could be a decent role player for the Spurs, especially considering the talent the Spurs have.

Kori Ellis
06-11-2005, 09:19 PM
Good insight, thanks for sharing.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-11-2005, 09:23 PM
Hopefully he can keep up that drive up over the summer, practicing with the likes of Big Dogg and Bruce Bowen has to help too