PDA

View Full Version : Stick a fork in him..he's done.

JoeChalupa
06-30-2011, 10:48 PM
http://wonkette.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/crying-glenn-beck.jpg
Today was his last day on FauxNews.

Wild Cobra
06-30-2011, 10:51 PM
He managed to get out of his contract six months early.

Your point?

Wild Cobra
06-30-2011, 10:55 PM
Glen Beck TV (http://www.gbtv.com/)

ElNono
06-30-2011, 11:16 PM
He's now charging to hear his diatribes? :lmao

Wild Cobra
06-30-2011, 11:25 PM
He's now charging to hear his diatribes? :lmao
And he has enough faithful followers, he will likely make even more money.

I will pay $7.99/month for my Instant Netflix, but $3.99 for Glen...

Sorry. I can stomach his radio show, but his TV show did go overboard. His own program, without a leash... I don't think i could take it. Maybe a show here and there, but not enough to be worth $3.99.

ElNono
06-30-2011, 11:29 PM
It's a free country. He can say whatever he wants. The joke is definitely on the followers's wallet, IMO.

Wild Cobra
06-30-2011, 11:36 PM
It's a free country. He can say whatever he wants. The joke is definitely on the followers's wallet, IMO.
Well, it is just that. A matter of opinion. I think he's real insightful. I just can't stand his stage performance/presence.

belindaB
07-01-2011, 12:03 AM
Its just a matter of opinion but it hurts. We are a free country but be careful with what we say.

Viva Las Espuelas
07-01-2011, 09:07 AM
There's that foe news again. Well, I guess if we're approaching it from a phonetic standpoint it would be funny. I guess. <shrugs>

cheguevara
07-01-2011, 09:31 AM
he's gone from national tv. so yeah. bye bye 15 minutes are up.

mingus
07-01-2011, 09:35 AM
The thing that bother me the most about Glenn Beck--more than the fact that he's over the top--is he hardly maybe never has guests on his show that disagree with him. It's him in front of the camera spewing whatever bullshit he spews without anyone calling him out on it. It's the definition of propaganda.

FromWayDowntown
07-01-2011, 09:40 AM
Proof that incessant fear-mongering coupled with a distant acquaintance to objective fact, when given an opportunity, is indeed a money-making enterprise.

What a country!

Blake
07-01-2011, 09:44 AM
Proof that incessant fear-mongering coupled with a distant acquaintance to objective fact, when given an opportunity, is indeed a money-making enterprise.

What a country!

Absolutely.

It's why many churches are so prosperous.

Crookshanks
07-01-2011, 10:09 AM
Glenn Beck to move to Texas; rents $20,000-a-month house
Evan Agostini/AP; www.kw.com

New Yorkers better get their heckling in fast, because Glenn Beck is headed for the Lone Star State.

The TV host and commentator recently sold his New Canaan, Conn., mansion, to Maura Abeln Smith, recently named general counsel of PepsiCo, for $3.6 million. The listing agent, Lynne Leonard, confirmed Beck was headed to Texas.

"They are going to the Dallas area," Leonard told the Daily News. "They will be renting. It's secure and gated."

Dallas-based real estate blogger Candy Evans reported that Beck is moving into the 7,900-square foot estate owned by baseball player Jorge Piedra and Swarovski heiress Vanessa Piedra. Beck has leased the home, on the market for $3.9 million, for $20,000 a month. According to Evans, the home has been on the market since 2009 and was originally listed for $5.4 million.

The seven-bedroom, 7.5-bathroom spread is set on 2 acres of land. The listing said there is "extensive use" of hardwoods, limestone and travertine, and, of course, Swarovski crystal fixtures throughout the home.

The Vaquero Estates is in a swanky part of the Westlake area, and home to the parents of The Jonas Brothers.

So what will whiteboard-wielding Beck do in Texas? He's said before on his show that he will continue his media empire: “As we build a new media, I’m not building it in New York.” He's also "joked" with Texas Gov. Rick Perry that he'll run for governor.

It seems like many in New York won't miss him. He held back tears Tuesday recounting how he was verbally assaulted in Bryant Park while watching an outdoor movie with his wife and daughter.

Beck, 47, said cinemagoers turned on him during Monday's screening of Alfred Hitchcock's "The 39 Steps." One person, he said, shouted "We hate conservatives here" and another yelled "We're in New York and we hate Republicans."

"You would think there would be some common decency, especially among the culturally superior here in New York," he said on his show.

Word is he still has a Manhattan apartment and that his production company, Mercury Radio Arts, will still base some operations out of New York. That could mean frequent visits from Beck, you know, to check out the superior culture.

Published on Thursday, June 30th 2011, 5:03 PM

By Gina Pace

==============================
So New York loses another millionaire - and his taxes. Welcome to Texas Glenn!!

fraga
07-01-2011, 10:23 AM
Wonder who will fill his spot...

Crookshanks
07-01-2011, 10:29 AM
no income tax in texas, yay another freeloading riot inciter!!!!!!

Freeloading? I'm sure he paid a boatload of taxes in New York. But what's so great about America is that a person can choose where to live - and Glenn has decided that he no longer wants to live in the high tax state of New York. I've heard that he employs about 150 people, and that most of them are also moving to Texas. So - he's not a freeloader; he's helping the economy by employing people, he's going to be paying a company to move his belongings to Texas, he'll probably be renting office space in Dallas, and he'll be purchasing goods and services. Sounds like he's doing his part - what are YOU doing?

Wild Cobra
07-01-2011, 12:47 PM
I recall reading something about rotating five people in the time slot. Don't remember who.

Wild Cobra
07-01-2011, 12:48 PM
Freeloading? I'm sure he paid a boatload of taxes in New York. But what's so great about America is that a person can choose where to live - and Glenn has decided that he no longer wants to live in the high tax state of New York. I've heard that he employs about 150 people, and that most of them are also moving to Texas. So - he's not a freeloader; he's helping the economy by employing people, he's going to be paying a company to move his belongings to Texas, he'll probably be renting office space in Dallas, and he'll be purchasing goods and services. Sounds like he's doing his part - what are YOU doing?
He doesn't have to live in that high tax state now that he's leaving Fox.

Crookshanks
07-01-2011, 12:53 PM
not making people stupider with every syllable that passes out of my lips

Going by some of your posts - that's debatable. :lol

ChumpDumper
07-01-2011, 12:53 PM
lol secure and gated

ElNono
07-01-2011, 01:37 PM
Of course he's moving to Texas... he knows where his market is...

TeyshaBlue
07-01-2011, 01:53 PM
Of course he's moving to Texas... he knows where his market is...

The motherfucker is supposedly moving to Southlake. Thats just a stones throw away from my neck of the woods. Great.:depressed

SnakeBoy
07-01-2011, 01:58 PM

A roundtable show. I think they're calling it 5 at 5 or something like that.

Agloco
07-05-2011, 12:05 PM
Dallas-based real estate blogger Candy Evans reported that Beck is moving into the 7,900-square foot estate owned by baseball player Jorge Piedra and Swarovski heiress Vanessa Piedra. Beck has leased the home, on the market for $3.9 million, for $20,000 a month. According to Evans, the home has been on the market since 2009 and was originally listed for $5.4 million.

The seven-bedroom, 7.5-bathroom spread is set on 2 acres of land. The listing said there is "extensive use" of hardwoods, limestone and travertine, and, of course, Swarovski crystal fixtures throughout the home.

Until his show starts will we have to listen to him whine about being unemployed like Romney?

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/06/16/romney-im-also-unemployed/