PDA

View Full Version : Questions for all you Piston fans and the "F" word!

rr2418
06-11-2005, 07:24 PM
Do Pistons fans pay attention to the game? I ask this question because of the flopping issue. You guys complain about Ginobili flopping, when your own Piston players are doing the same thing! Maybe they're not good at flopping, but they're still flopping! In fact every player in the NBA flops or has flopped at one time or another. Flopping unfortunately, is part of the game and it doesn't seem it's going away any time soon. So I'm asking myself, " Self, why are all these fans around the NBA complaining about Manu? ". After searching for and answer, .........any answer, I came to an ugly conclusion! I hope I'm wrong, but could it be because he's a, here it goes......a Foreigner? 'Cause look at Vlade Divacs(sp?), he's a Foreigner, and he's the first one that's known for this. I mean if he (Manu) was Labron James or maybe Carmelo Anthony, or how about Rip Hamilton, what would you people think of him then? What was that? Yes, that's right! You all and the whole media world would think he was a great defensive and offesive player. There wouldn't be one question about his flopping. But because he plays for San Antonio, and not Detroit, LA, or New York, and was not born here in the good US of A, well......gee, he must be flopping, cheating or what other words you guys might be thinking. So take a long look at the next game, and for Gods sakes pay attention to the Pistons. Video tape the game, and play it in slo-mo if you have to. You'll find that flopping plagues your Pistons also.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
06-11-2005, 07:38 PM
Your point would have had merit if Reggie Miller never played in the NBA. Reggie is/was the KING of flopping...

And , again, everybody flops.

ALVAREZ6
06-11-2005, 09:18 PM
They are just jealous because Manu is very talented at flopping...:lol

Marklar MM
06-11-2005, 09:32 PM
Yes. Manu is a very good flopper. Reggie Miller and AI take the cake as kings of the FLOP. Big Ben and Arroyo are the biggest floppers on Detroit, while Arroyo takes the cake as he is always fallin down. But Manu has flopping down to an art.(If only we had people that could make it look like a foul)

JamStone
06-11-2005, 09:56 PM
I know some fans from other teams don't like Manu's flopping. But, I don't have a problem with it. I love the way Manu plays. He is 110% all of the time and leaves everything on the floor. I gotta give it up to the guy. He's amazing to watch.

What I don't like is if the referees are not consistent about "flopping" calls. I don't want to make it about officiating. I'm just saying if a flop IS called, the continue to call it the same way. Otherwise it is not fair to any of the players.

As far as Manu goes, he's great. I don't have a problem with his "flopping." I have a problem with flops if they are continually called in favor the opposing team, no matter who the opponent is.

PistonsNation
06-11-2005, 10:00 PM
He better be careful. Wade knocked himself out of the ECF by taking a flop.

picnroll
06-11-2005, 10:08 PM
Wade actually hurt himself on a crossover dribble.

Marklar MM
06-11-2005, 10:09 PM
Wade actually hurt himself on a crossover dribble.

Wade hurt himself, as pic said.

IX_Equilibrium
06-12-2005, 12:05 AM
Flopping is the old standard of what Manu-haters use. He is an awesome player that burns the opponent. I wouldn't like him either if I were a fan of Denver, Seattle, Phoenix, or Detroit.

The flop comments don't mean shit. Manu will continue to abuse.

SouthernFried
06-12-2005, 12:44 AM
Anyone who has ever taken a "Charge," has flopped. It's always followed by fans cheering and calling the player smart.

Manu is just better and, dare I say...smarter at it than most?

Manu flops when he gets hit...but, he's still getting hit. Drawing attention to the foul is smart. They are still fouls...Manu just makes sure refs see it better than most players.

It also has to do with Manu's style. He drives hard, and gets hit hard. If your gonna hit him, he's gonna make sure he gets a call. Which is why I'm always amazed, in every series, Denver, Seattle, Phoenix, and now Detroit...people say, "You can't let him drive, you gotta make him pay, foul him hard...hit the guy."

...which is exactly what Manu wants.

I'll never forget the play on Seattle, when Manu drove hard...3 Seattle big men just mugged him. Punched him the face, the back of the head and across the neck. They got a flagrant, Manu made the FT's...and drove the lane again the next play... :lol

ALVAREZ6
06-12-2005, 06:57 AM
I'll never forget the play on Seattle, when Manu drove hard...3 Seattle big men just mugged him. Punched him the face, the back of the head and across the neck. They got a flagrant, Manu made the FT's...and drove the lane again the next play... :lol
Are you sure you aren't refering to Denver? Melo was the one that punched him, while Camby and K-fuck mugged him.