PDA

View Full Version : Do Speaker Seller Scammers actually make $

InRareForm
07-02-2011, 07:19 PM
Encountered one today. WIth the typical big van/suv with the audio equipment and their sales pitch. Do these guys actually make sales?

Also, there has been a huge influx of charities outside of grocery markets now. Most of those are scams and people don't realize it. I saw a lady go buy a frappucino after she was given a 5 dollar bill that was supposed to be a donation.

DMX7
07-02-2011, 08:04 PM
Are you in San Antonio?

fraga
07-02-2011, 08:05 PM
What about the people who sell meat out of the back of their truck...I mean who the fuck buys meat out of the bed of a truck???

Frenzy
07-02-2011, 08:13 PM
Scams are always new to somebody I suppose.

InRareForm
07-02-2011, 08:13 PM
Are you in San Antonio?

Los Angeles

Jared Franklin
07-02-2011, 09:22 PM
Of course they make money, otherwise they wouldn't do it.

DMX7
07-02-2011, 10:50 PM
Of course they make money, otherwise they wouldn't do it.

Exactly.

Sisk
07-02-2011, 11:05 PM
What about the people who sell meat out of the back of their truck...I mean who the fuck buys meat out of the bed of a truck???

I had someone do this to me the other day... never experienced it before. Seriously what the fuck has to come over someone to buy meat from an ice chest out of a strangers truck? Retarded.

ididnotnothat
07-02-2011, 11:12 PM
I bought two seedless watermelons for $5 the other day out of the back of a truck. Both were delicious.

DMC
07-02-2011, 11:28 PM
I had the speaker scam pulled on me. I told the guy "never heard of that brand" when he showed me a brochure of "Theater Logic" brand speakers, and how they were listed for 2 grand. He wanted 250 for the speakers, said he was given two too many at the distributor and needed to get rid of them before his boss found out. I told him the speakers were worthless because they had a built in amp. He insisted they were good speakers, even asked for beer money for him and his friend. I kept them going for at least an hour changing my mind, then changing it again. At one point they even tried to put the speakers in my truck but I stopped them. Finally I said "i know the scam... just wasting your time" and then I actually said "crofl". They were like "crofl?" I was like "yeah, don't you get on Spurstalk" they they were like "no" and I was like "well you should, fucking losers". lol

Wild Cobra's Surgeon
07-02-2011, 11:34 PM
I bought two seedless watermelons for $5 the other day out of the back of a truck. Both were delicious.

Amen to that. :tu

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
07-03-2011, 01:39 AM
Pretty embarrassing to say, since my gut told me scam the whole time, but they took me for 100 bucks... I'll get my moneys worth next time they try to sell me

ToughActinTinactin
07-03-2011, 08:54 AM

I do that quite often myself.

TDMVPDPOY
07-03-2011, 09:05 AM
low quality products of the back of white vans...you know they are scams and what you are getting....fck that shit

The_Worlds_finest
07-03-2011, 09:15 AM
LA SA whats the difference?
My favorite story. Some guys i know got suckered by some shit bag wearing a bestbuy shirt. Bestbuy guy said the typical, we have too many Apple notebooks, i can sell them for $450 each" Well my friends bought after they opened their box, as the guy was driving off, inside was a notebook with an apple sticker. Classic but come on if its too good to be true, it almost always is.

Viva Las Espuelas
07-03-2011, 09:21 AM
:lol

Oh, Gee!!
07-03-2011, 01:41 PM
I had the speaker scam pulled on me. I told the guy "never heard of that brand" when he showed me a brochure of "Theater Logic" brand speakers, and how they were listed for 2 grand. He wanted 250 for the speakers, said he was given two too many at the distributor and needed to get rid of them before his boss found out. I told him the speakers were worthless because they had a built in amp. He insisted they were good speakers, even asked for beer money for him and his friend. I kept them going for at least an hour changing my mind, then changing it again. At one point they even tried to put the speakers in my truck but I stopped them. Finally I said "i know the scam... just wasting your time" and then I actually said "crofl". They were like "crofl?" I was like "yeah, don't you get on Spurstalk" they they were like "no" and I was like "well you should, fucking losers". lol

i did the same thing to a priest

Oh, Gee!!
07-03-2011, 01:44 PM
btw, truck meat is perfectly fine. Just make sure to cook at 350 degrees

Gutter92
07-03-2011, 05:21 PM
What exactly is the scam?

ChuckD
07-03-2011, 09:36 PM
LA SA whats the difference?
My favorite story. Some guys i know got suckered by some shit bag wearing a bestbuy shirt. Bestbuy guy said the typical, we have too many Apple notebooks, i can sell them for $450 each" Well my friends bought after they opened their box, as the guy was driving off, inside was a notebook with an apple sticker. Classic but come on if its too good to be true, it almost always is.

Sorry, anyone who doesn't look at the computer and turn it on first deserves what they get.

crofl

RandomGuy
07-04-2011, 10:17 AM
One of my former bosses and his dad, a retired marine, trooped around in an RV for a summer when he was in his twenties.

While they had stopped in Houston for gas some guy comes up with a stack of "VCR" boxes and tries to hustle the old man.

The old man tells him to piss off, but the guy won't take no for an answer and gets obnoxious and belligerant.

Old man simply takes this out from under his seat and points it at the guy:
http://www.vintagepistols.com/images/anaconda-3.jpg

The guy does the 1 mile sprint away from that hand cannon, and they discover the "VCR" boxes had nothing but bricks in them.

Go ahead, make my day.

RandomGuy
07-04-2011, 10:18 AM
Sorry, anyone who doesn't look at the computer and turn it on first deserves what they get.

crofl

A really expensive "it happend to someone else, I swear" story.

ChuckD
07-04-2011, 10:37 AM
A really expensive "it happend to someone else, I swear" story.

One of the classic grifts: A Pig in a Poke. In days of olde, grifters would bag up a small critter and take it to market. They find their mark, tell him it's a piglet, and when the money and merchandise change hands, they're off into the crowd in a flash. Only the merchandise and packaging change.

RandomGuy
07-06-2011, 11:30 AM
One of the classic grifts: A Pig in a Poke. In days of olde, grifters would bag up a small critter and take it to market. They find their mark, tell him it's a piglet, and when the money and merchandise change hands, they're off into the crowd in a flash. Only the merchandise and packaging change.

All that is old shall be new again.

Sometimes it is hard to remember that people 10,000 years ago were essentially the same as modern humans. Same ability to think, and same vices/virtues.

The moral of the story, is always look into the bag.

DMC
07-06-2011, 05:03 PM
One of my former bosses and his dad, a retired marine, trooped around in an RV for a summer when he was in his twenties.

While they had stopped in Houston for gas some guy comes up with a stack of "VCR" boxes and tries to hustle the old man.

The old man tells him to piss off, but the guy won't take no for an answer and gets obnoxious and belligerant.

Old man simply takes this out from under his seat and points it at the guy:
http://www.vintagepistols.com/images/anaconda-3.jpg

The guy does the 1 mile sprint away from that hand cannon, and they discover the "VCR" boxes had nothing but bricks in them.

Go ahead, make my day.

You're dad isn't very old. The Anaconda was introduced in 1990.

Viva Las Espuelas
07-07-2011, 06:00 PM
:lol I just passed a sucker in a walmart parking lot. I wanted to roll down the window and tell them they're being had. My window got stuck