PDA

View Full Version : How do you play pick up ball?

TE
07-02-2011, 08:20 PM
TBH, my game mirrors the play of a European guard (not relying to much on athleticism and more on basketball smarts). I use the Euro step a lot with a mix of CP3's game (I don't look to shoot all the time).

How do you play?

Lincoln
07-02-2011, 08:50 PM
tbh, main ball handler and just pass to people coming off screens. will drive and kick out but i dont really look to finish unless i see the opportunity. will shoot the open shot. cant rebound for shit but i still try and will get a few but i get a lot of assists even though my passing isnt the greatest

Roger Freemason Jr.
07-02-2011, 10:16 PM
Anybody know any good adult leagues? Been playing for a while with my buds, & we're getting a lot better, we've even established roles. I'm a big bodied guy, 5'11, 230 pounds. We don't know much about how an adult league works though..

bdictjames
07-02-2011, 10:20 PM
I'm a scorer/driver type. Can shoot in front of people, can shoot open threes, and really good at finding holes that I can attack on the rim Parker style.

TE
07-02-2011, 10:30 PM
Euro step, my unstoppable runner, and spotting up is what I do. I'm not the best shooter facing up off the dribble, but spotting up I'm wet. I shoot alot of fadeaways in the high post, once I get in that area I'm like Kobe. Basically the only hole in my game is being 6ft and wanting to play like I'm 6'6

Yeah...
The euro step in my game is the best probably because I'm pretty quick on my feet. I also have a floater which I use when I'm playing against really tall posts. I'm almost 6'1' so I'm not that short. I have a post game but it's based more on overpowering the defender and not so much on fadeaways (I'm around 205 pounds). People that guard me are usually around my height but I have about 40-50 pounds on them so it's easy to score if I blow by them. I also have a hook shot that I use with either hand. But then again, I'm not that aggressive (as I stated in the opening post).

DMC
07-02-2011, 10:56 PM
I do a little shake n bake, fake to the right and drive to the left, spin around and generally dunk on the opposite side of the rim, but I am also a team player. I can spread the floor like Bonner, demand the ball like Kobe, defer like Lebron or sit the bench like Splitter. I am multi-faceted.

djohn2oo8
07-02-2011, 10:59 PM
Used to be Kobe, now more of a spot up 3 point shooter, alas Ray Allen

NBA Champs
07-02-2011, 11:03 PM
I'm more of a junkyard dog type player. Though I can stroke it when I'm warmed up..I prefer to use my athleticism to crash boards, contest shots, stick to my man like glue and run the floor. I also LOVE setting screens and passing the ball--nothing like getting assists. You'll also find me getting easy buckets off backdoor passes and running through screens. I NEVER stop moving.

P.S. I'm only like 5'10, but love to get in the post and mix it up..I just signal to whomever is running point to toss it up and I snatch the ball near the highest point every time since I'm always out jumping my opponents. And they aren't slouches either.

ClipshowDynasty
07-02-2011, 11:43 PM
Tbh if we combined all our talents, I say we could go to war with the current t wolves

mystargtr34
07-02-2011, 11:52 PM
Im a bit like Pau Gasol/Chris Bosh combination.. im usually the tallest guy on the court and reasonably skilled so i play in the post but im pretty soft.. i only get the rebounds that come to me since i dont like much contact and i have a terrible motor since i usually spend 2 hours at the gym before i play a basketball game :lol. I only try on the possessions where i know im going to score or block a shot. Dont really try in other areas of the game besides when i played in an organised comp when i knew the coach was watching. But even then it was fake hussle.

ElNono
07-02-2011, 11:58 PM
Tbh if we combined all our talents, I say we could go to war with the current t wolves

tbh, Kevin Love has nothing on me... I was drinking a dream shake even before Hakeem got into the league...

Frenzy
07-03-2011, 12:10 AM
I hold down the bench like Luke the motha fukin champ Walton.

Tiago Splitter
07-03-2011, 12:55 AM
Like a beast. That's the best way to describe it.

Killakobe81
07-03-2011, 12:59 AM
Mine (in my more younger days) ... was a hybrid GP/Alonzo on defense.

On offense I had the tim bank shot and a magic baby hook but not a great shooter or finisher but a good "junk" post game ....

I was a center in a SF body unfortunately ....

Tiago Splitter
07-03-2011, 01:00 AM

f11JJKEskKw

NRHector
07-03-2011, 01:01 AM
I'm more of a junkyard dog type player. Though I can stroke it when I'm warmed up..I prefer to use my athleticism to crash boards, contest shots, stick to my man like glue and run the floor. I also LOVE setting screens and passing the ball--nothing like getting assists. You'll also find me getting easy buckets off backdoor passes and running through screens. I NEVER stop moving.

P.S. I'm only like 5'10, but love to get in the post and mix it up..I just signal to whomever is running point to toss it up and I snatch the ball near the highest point every time since I'm always out jumping my opponents. And they aren't slouches either.

same here and next year I'm taking my talents to the nearest YMCA

TE
07-03-2011, 03:26 AM
crofl couldn't let this pass

my game mirrors the play of a European guard

translation: never played basketball growing up

not relying to much on athleticism and more on basketball smarts

not athletic

I use the Euro step a lot

travel quite often because i can't dribble

with a mix of CP3's game

i play like Carlton compared to Will Smith

(I don't look to shoot all the time)

can't shoot

LOL shitty troll

rayjayjohnson
07-03-2011, 03:27 AM
i play like artest tbh, and i stab people with a table leg

FkLA
07-03-2011, 03:35 AM
I usually handle the ball tbh...I have Roses athletcism, Parkers finishing ability, and Nashs shot. Our games are up to 15, 2s and 1s and if I dont finish with atleast 12 pts for my team its a bad game for me.

Im a bit like Pau Gasol/Chris Bosh combination.. im usually the tallest guy on the court and reasonably skilled so i play in the post but im pretty soft.. i only get the rebounds that come to me since i dont like much contact and i have a terrible motor since i usually spend 2 hours at the gym before i play a basketball game :lol. I only try on the possessions where i know im going to score or block a shot. Dont really try in other areas of the game besides when i played in an organised comp when i knew the coach was watching. But even then it was fake hussle.

tbh theres nothing worse than faggots like you who dont get back on D or play hard.

Ditty
07-03-2011, 04:04 AM
I was 5'8 145lbs, in high school I was a point guard, but I guarded shooting guards, if I had to play against a quick point guards because I was never a good defensive player, and never moved moved my feet well. I was a spot up shooter, who ran plays who never created offense on a mediocore high school team. They were some camps I went too that I had to be the main scorer or 2nd option, which I did well, and got us to a couple of camp championships. Now 3 years later since my senior year I grew and inch and gained 10 more pounds mostly of fat tbh. I have been watching a lot of basketball since high school eneded now that I have the time, which I'm a better defender now, which I can get in your face, but at the same time I don't have quick feet, so I rely sometimes for the big guys who can back me up. I can guard point guards now, if I give them some room, though I am out of shape, and get pretty winded after the first game, if I was in shape I could give the best offensive players or slow players hell. I use to always get beat on in hs even when I gave room. I'm still a lights out shooter, but lately I have been more streaky which I have been trying to improve on. I have a bad 1st step, I'm bad at reading offenses to create offense, I'm good on shooting on pick n rolls, but I have never played with a big man a pick up game who has set a solid screen for me to drive to the basket. I'm a hell of a passer I have great court vision, I'm just not strong enough to make long passes, and lately I have been forcing too many passes. A lot of bad habits I'm gaining I guess from playing too much street ball. I'm great when I get around basket, I have so many shot fakes and moves, and nice floater, and have some good hang time for someone who is not that athletic. I don't like to call fouls in street ball but I would be going to the line at a high rate if it was a real game, which I'm a great free throw shooter, I just need to create more contact and get stronger to finish plays.

frodo
07-03-2011, 04:48 AM
go one-on-one against the defender every chance i get and beat the defense most of times. i don't use much tricks and don't dribble alot, just play a simple style of game. i play a similar style like paul pierce imho. im kinda a dirty defender on the other end though, do not deign to break opponents ankles or noses if dem ######s have pissed me off

dirk4mvp
07-03-2011, 05:29 AM
Gallinari with a little better rebounding.

KidCongo
07-03-2011, 06:26 AM
Pivots and pumpfakes all day here.

Koolaid_Man
07-03-2011, 07:40 AM
I do a little shake n bake, fake to the right and drive to the left, spin around and generally dunk on the opposite side of the rim, but I am also a team player. I can spread the floor like Bonner, demand the ball like Kobe, defer like Lebron or sit the bench like Splitter. I am multi-faceted.

gotdam u niggas are funny...but tbh only fags do shake-n-bake...and only scrubs are so muti-faceted till they sit on the bench...:lol you fucking fat boy you.....this whole thread is fucking hilarious....white boys talking about balling....ha ha ha...:lol

euro step..ha ha ha....

Koolaid_Man
07-03-2011, 07:42 AM
TBH, my game mirrors the play of a European guard (not relying to much on athleticism and more on basketball smarts). I use the Euro step a lot with a mix of CP3's game (I don't look to shoot all the time).

How do you play?

ohh so you the bitch on the court...:lol

Koolaid_Man
07-03-2011, 07:44 AM
Anybody know any good adult leagues? Been playing for a while with my buds, & we're getting a lot better, we've even established roles. I'm a big bodied guy, 5'11, 230 pounds. We don't know much about how an adult league works though..

:lol

you an outta shape son of a bitch is what you are....go to the Y... I hear they have adult hand job leagues to help you improve your technique. :lol

Koolaid_Man
07-03-2011, 07:46 AM
Used to be Kobe, now more of a spot up 3 point shooter, alas Ray Allen

:lol ha ha ha...so you have no knees....how do you go from Kobe to Ray Allen...:lol You a lazy ass don't wanna play D type...I'd have your ass on the pine son....:lol

Koolaid_Man
07-03-2011, 07:47 AM
tbh, Kevin Love has nothing on me... I was drinking a dream shake even before Hakeem got into the league...

did that dream shake have Mexican corn in it....:lol

Koolaid_Man
07-03-2011, 07:48 AM

so you water and towel boy....it fits you well...taco eating muthafucker...

Koolaid_Man
07-03-2011, 07:50 AM
i play like artest tbh, and i stab people with a table leg

you the kinda scrub whose teeth I'd knock out for fouling me to hard...:lol

Koolaid_Man
07-03-2011, 07:51 AM
dam I did some good work here...and shit all over you boys....

Reggie Williams
07-03-2011, 08:36 AM
Tbh I suck at basketball but I can get to the hoop basically everytime because I am really agile and explosive, i just am really inconsistent with finishing.

My mid range is pretty solid I can pull up fast off dribble and elevate and I can't shoot 3s for fucking shit. I can't even remember the last time I took one.

So basically i play like a extremely shitty version of rip Hamilton and whatever hood ###### that get to the rack at will and not finish consistently.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-03-2011, 09:22 AM
I'm a big bodied guy, 5'11, 230 pounds.
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

ElNono
07-03-2011, 11:35 AM

I wouldn't know, seeing I'm not Mexican :lol

ElNono
07-03-2011, 11:36 AM
lol anime fan

Scrub
07-03-2011, 11:58 AM
I'm 6 feet 4.5 inch circa 200lb shooting guard. Was playing for 2 of the best clubs in my country from when I was 8 to 16 years old. Then I had my first meniscus surgery which the doctors had to cut out completely and basically told me that my knees (ligaments) are not made for profesionally playing basketball...which was eventually confirmed (had several surgeries).I then quit playing for a club and played in the minor leagues for some years,schooling those wannabes. Anyway until that first surgery I was a go-to guy on my team, being primary ball handler, cutting, shooting, creating for others you name it...was also the best defender on any team/national selection I've been on and always guarded oponent's best guards/small forwards. My jumper is even now probably better than 30% of nba players...jason kidd or dwayne wade would've beet GOAT with my jumper tbh. I have a record of 112 made free throws in a row and 68 college threes (when I was 15,16)...I could dunk easily with 1 hand, 2 hands, front, reverse, 360 and dunked easily from 3 feet in front of the free throw line (my long jump record is cca 23 feet)...went to&won some dunking competitions in high school too. I've played against and with&outscored players that are now multiple euroleague champions, some of them went to nba, I straight up punked a player that was a member of 1st team of eurochampionships a few years ago etc. I would say my only weakness was ball handling...not half court ball handling but PG ball handling-had to play a PG in some games due to injuries/foul trouble of my PGs and didn't do particulary well. This had probably something to do with my relatively small hands-I couldn't hold a basketball with one hand...I would say my ceiling (if healthy for entire career) was Rudy Fernandez EASILY...if everything fell into place I could end up being a Ginobilli quality tbh.
I just loved to play against wannabes, scrubs that were convinced they know how to play basketball and humiliate the shit out of them, lock them down (even with some dirty tricks) so they couldn't even get a proper shot off..For example I would crave for playing against someone like Koolaid_Man...Wigga I would punk your wannabe black ass so hard You would cry all the way back to your white mommy and think very hard of ever picking up a basketball again...Bitch I would play 1on1 first to 21 with u for anything you want/have. Including livetime slavery. I was playing games for money against scrubs like u and gave them 18-0 lead and the ball to start with...

hipcoolster
07-03-2011, 12:33 PM
First to 32 (2 and 3 pointers) win by 3, winners out.

My personal arsenal consits of bank-shots, running floaters, scoop, no 3s (don't have any arm strength nor am I able to jump).

NBA Champs
07-03-2011, 12:51 PM
crofl couldn't let this pass

my game mirrors the play of a European guard

translation: never played basketball growing up

not relying to much on athleticism and more on basketball smarts

not athletic

I use the Euro step a lot

travel quite often because i can't dribble

with a mix of CP3's game

i play like Carlton compared to Will Smith

(I don't look to shoot all the time)

can't shoot

Thanks. I haven't laughed this hard in a while.

NBA Champs
07-03-2011, 01:02 PM

Bwhahahaha! :lol

MambaJuice2408
07-03-2011, 01:12 PM
Interesting posts thus far.

My game consists of alot of hustle. I prefer to play SG because I'm only 5'10" and I can't dribble the ball well unless I'm in a position to attack (3 point stance) or have a screen for separation. I have a great array of pump fakes, pivots, jab steps to compensate for my lack of height and finishing in the lane which I use to great results. I rely alot on fundamentals, especially against taller, stronger players who wan't to block your shot and or can jump out of the building.

Defensively, I'm a beast on the perimeter. I have good foot speed and agility. I'm great at defending players who run around screens (ray allen). Against bigger players I try to beat them for position in the post. My motor never stops on that end of the floor. Since I've been playing over 10 years my anticipation skills are pretty good so I try to cheat against weaker opposition by playing the passing lanes.

All in all, I'm prone to chucking some shots if I'm busting ass on defense and at the other end I'm not getting the rock or if my teammates are taking bullshit shots and trying to be globetrotters. I'll even cherry pick to pad my stats!

Overall I'm very unselfish, to a fault sometimes. Looking to make the right play and find the open man even if they suck to keep them involved because I know that feeling. I don't talk much so I don't demand the ball. I prefer to let my effort do the talking.

Biggest weakness is probably my ball handling, and that I'll stop shooting for awhile if I start off 0-3 or 0-4.

TE
07-03-2011, 01:32 PM
tbh we should get a pick up game going, and leave out scrubs who would otherwise debilitate our competition (i.e., Kool).

Rendezvous should be somewhere in Texas for obvious reasons.

Proxy
07-03-2011, 01:56 PM
Like a younger Manu... unorthodox eurosteps and finishes. i can make efficient dishes off the drive. I don't shoot much though. I love shutting down perimeter players... more like Bruce on defense tbh.

Monostradamus
07-03-2011, 02:01 PM
I can't dribble the ball well unless I'm in a position to attack (3 point stance)

I'm pretty sure you mean triple threat, unless lining up like a left guard with your hand on the ground is normal for you on a basketball court.

Lincoln
07-03-2011, 02:02 PM
dallas metroplex nigga

we can get DAT nigga bump who be dunkin all over u white boyz
DAT nigga stretch n mono be lite out from da 3 pt line. nigga tc is aight too but he be better in his older days imho

i got da skills but i need to do dem warmups to get my heart goin n the blood flowin.!!

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-03-2011, 02:08 PM
I love the "I don't rely on athleticism!" posts implying that you can rely on athleticism but chose not to.

Monostradamus
07-03-2011, 02:11 PM
I love the "I don't rely on athleticism!" posts implying that you can rely on athleticism but chose not to.

Lincoln
^ yo DoK yu no whats up! htese white boys from rich suburb places dont know how to ball haha cant juimp! basket ball is black ppl sport and dats why all the white ppl fail in da nba unless they got niggass urroundin them like jet and dsteve for example~!

Monostradamus
I also love how everybody in this thread has Manu's offense with Bowen's defense. God forbid you compare yourself to a non-Spur player.

Monostradamus
07-03-2011, 02:13 PM
tbh I have Dirk's shooting, Tyson Chandler's post defense, and Jason Kidd's BBIQ.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-03-2011, 02:14 PM
I also love how everybody in this thread has Manu's offense with Bowen's defense. God forbid you compare yourself to a non-Spur player.
:lmao I was just about to post that

"I'm not saying that I can't dribble a basketball, but I'd rather Eurostep like Manu!"

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-03-2011, 02:15 PM
tbh I have Dirk's shooting, Tyson Chandler's post defense, and Jason Kidd's BBIQ.
I have Derrick Rose's athleticism and scoring ability, but I'm classy so I don't use my athleticism or scoring ability. I rely on my BBIQ and passing ability like Steve Nash.

Lincoln
07-03-2011, 02:17 PM
:lmao

Lincoln
07-03-2011, 02:17 PM
sum niggas in dis thread make dem sleves sound like jordan tho.!

bitch plz, there be reason why yu on here an not in da nba!!!

Kamnik
07-03-2011, 02:23 PM
Offensively I am most effective shooting high % hook shots and drawing double teams and passing out.

Defensively I prefer to guard stronger/bigger and slower players as fast players give me problems. I am a good help defender; not the best 1 on 1 defender.

My biggest weakness is being quite slow allthough I am a good ball handler.

Monostradamus
07-03-2011, 02:25 PM
So let's everybody start over and be completely honest with the player you REALLY are out there on the court.

I'll start:

I'm a pretty good shooter, kinda streaky but when I'm hot I can't miss, tall and strong enough to play/defend in the post, decent rebounder but since I camp out at the 3point line so much I don't get nearly as many rebounds as I should, I can't dribble for shit, zero lateral quickness, fairly slow, and I'm not a great jumper but I can be deceptively good at it at times.

If I were to compare myself to any NBA player, it would be either Detroit era Rasheed Wallace or Tim Thomas.

DMC
07-03-2011, 02:26 PM
gotdam u niggas are funny...but tbh only fags do shake-n-bake...and only scrubs are so muti-faceted till they sit on the bench... you fucking fat boy you.....this whole thread is fucking hilarious....white boys talking about balling....ha ha ha...

euro step..ha ha ha....

ohh so you the bitch on the court...

you an outta shape son of a bitch is what you are....go to the Y... I hear they have adult hand job leagues to help you improve your technique.

ha ha ha...so you have no knees....how do you go from Kobe to Ray Allen... You a lazy ass don't wanna play D type...I'd have your ass on the pine son....

did that dream shake have Mexican corn in it....

you the kinda scrub whose teeth I'd knock out for fouling me to hard...

gotdam u niggas are funny...but tbh only fags do shake-n-bake...and only scrubs are so muti-faceted till they sit on the bench... you fucking fat boy you.....this whole thread is fucking hilarious....white boys talking about balling....ha ha ha...

euro step..ha ha ha....

ohh so you the bitch on the court...

you an outta shape son of a bitch is what you are....go to the Y... I hear they have adult hand job leagues to help you improve your technique.

ha ha ha...so you have no knees....how do you go from Kobe to Ray Allen... You a lazy ass don't wanna play D type...I'd have your ass on the pine son....

did that dream shake have Mexican corn in it....

you the kinda scrub whose teeth I'd knock out for fouling me to hard...

http://www.owensworld.com/sites/default/files/imagecache/Fullsize/pictures/too-much-weigh.jpg

Monostradamus
07-03-2011, 02:30 PM
still sayin i play like ginobili, picklebreath boy

white and skinny? not sure ginobili fishes tbh

DMC
07-03-2011, 02:32 PM
white and skinny? not sure ginobili fishes tbh
He went fishing early this year.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-03-2011, 02:33 PM
Tbh current day DoK can't hoop for shit because my back is fucked up and my hip is slightly dislocated. I played against THAT honky Nic Foles a few weeks ago and got shat on. Idk who I'd even compare myself to right now. Even a few months ago when I was 25 pounds heavier than I am now, I was semi-useful and could anchor the interior D most of the time. Now because if my hip I can't even jump.

joshdaboss
07-03-2011, 02:33 PM
Every time I play I hear "Nash", it never fails. A more accurate comparison would be Ginobili, since I'm left handed, all-around and herky jerky off the dribble, but people who watch the NBA casually I don't think would draw the conclusion, so it's Nash for them. I've heard Iverson once, which I was insulted by.

6', pretty versatile; I can score on the block, high post or a couple of steps behind the 3. Can regularly make 1 handed 3s, but I don't really take them in the game since I feel like people would get pissed off. Pretty athletic, I can grab the rim off a standing jump. I prefer to dish instead of score, I've had coaches and teammates tell me to be more aggressive a lot, but I also feel like I think the game better than they do, and I get the best shot possible for myself or a teammate, bottom line. Although, I would probably be seen as a better player if I were a ball hog, but that isn't my nature.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-03-2011, 02:35 PM
A more accurate comparison would be Ginobili
Congrats, you're only the 15th person in this thread who "plays like Ginobili"

Monostradamus
07-03-2011, 02:38 PM
Every time I play I hear "Nash", it never fails. A more accurate comparison would be Ginobili, since I'm left handed, all-around and herky jerky off the dribble, but people who watch the NBA casually I don't think would draw the conclusion, so it's Nash for them. I've heard Iverson once, which I was insulted by.

6', pretty versatile; I can score on the block, high post or a couple of steps behind the 3. Can regularly make 1 handed 3s, but I don't really take them in the game since I feel like people would get pissed off. Pretty athletic, I can grab the rim off a standing jump. I prefer to dish instead of score, I've had coaches and teammates tell me to be more aggressive a lot, but I also feel like I think the game better than they do, and I get the best shot possible for myself or a teammate, bottom line. Although, I would probably be seen as a better player if I were a ball hog, but that isn't my nature.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao

greatest gnsf post of this thread

Monostradamus
goddamn a guy like that playing SA, how do the Spurs not give him a tryout at least?????

DUNCANownsKOBE
Wow, I stopped reading once he compared himself to ginobili, that wasn't even the tip of the iceberg.

joshdaboss
07-03-2011, 02:40 PM
Congrats, you're only the 15th person in this thread who "plays like Ginobili"

The difference is that they are Mexicans and say it because they are Spurs fans, I actually play that way.

DMC
The Ginobili comparison means they play out of control. Ginobili just seems to, but he has a method to it. These ass clowns just play out of control and don't get anything out of it.

Websters defines "Ginobili Play" as a euphemism that actually means:

1. non-black
2. Nonathletic
3. Justin Beiber haircut
4. out of control playing style
5. No handles
6. No hops
7. Crazy, short ass white boy who never gets picked

joshdaboss
goddamn a guy like that playing SA, how do the Spurs not give him a tryout at least?????

I regularly get asked what college I play for.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-03-2011, 02:41 PM
I actually play that way.
I'm sure you do.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-03-2011, 02:42 PM
I regularly get asked what college I play for.
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Let me guess, you could play for a college but chose not to?

joshdaboss
I'm sure you do.

I'm glad we have come to an agreement.

DMC

Blew out his knee wakeboarding

joshdaboss

I'm too old to play college basketball, and basketball isn't my best sport.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-03-2011, 02:44 PM
I'm too old to play college basketbal
I didn't know there was an age limit for NCAA athletes :lmao:lmao:lmao

and basketball isn't my best sport.
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao

DMC
07-03-2011, 02:44 PM
fucked up quote tags tbh

joshdaboss
07-03-2011, 02:45 PM
hardcore MOTHERFUCKER

No, just truthful. If it comes off as arrogant, then I apologize.

DMC
07-03-2011, 02:47 PM
at least he apologized for his awesomeness :cry

so fucking classy :cry
Spurs fan tbh

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-03-2011, 02:47 PM

looks to set his teammates up :cry

joshdaboss = class

joshdaboss
07-03-2011, 02:49 PM

Well, I could have said that in my particular demographic, there is nobody I've found that can guard me without help. That, if these were rec league games, whoever is guarding me would most likely be fouled out at half time. Alas, I didn't say that. I gave an accurate, humble assessment of my game.

Roger Freemason Jr.
07-03-2011, 02:49 PM

you an outta shape son of a bitch is what you are....go to the Y... I hear they have adult hand job leagues to help you improve your technique. :lol

Out of shape? Obviously you've never heard of a thing called muscle, & by the way, I'd crush your goofy ass, on the court, and off.

Lincoln
07-03-2011, 02:50 PM
so tell me girl mmm whatcha sayy

Lincoln
07-03-2011, 02:51 PM
Out of shape? Obviously you've never heard of a thing called muscle, & by the way, I'd crush your goofy ass, on the court, and off.

you a fatass stfu/!

joshdaboss
07-03-2011, 02:51 PM
so tell me girl mmm whatcha sayy

Imogen Heap?

joshdaboss
07-03-2011, 02:54 PM
willing to bet i could lock you down tbh. i've locked down players who are actually good enough to play college basketball, i'm sure i could handle a guy who overrates himself to a higher status than what the college scouts see.

You wouldn't be able to lock me down, that much I could guarantee. You might be able to play decent defense, but that would depend on whether or not it's cool to handcheck and armbar or not. If not, I'd give you little-to-no chance.

Roger Freemason Jr.
07-03-2011, 02:54 PM
you a fatass stfu/!

You're nobody, nobodies even paying attention to you. You, Kool, and DOK are in here acting like children, while everyone else is trying to have a legit conversation.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-03-2011, 02:55 PM
You're nobody, nobodies even paying attention to you. You, Kool, and DOK are in here acting like children, while everyone else is trying to have a legit conversation.
Yeah, people circle jerking about how they all play like Manu is really a "legit conversation."

Bill_Brasky
07-03-2011, 02:56 PM
Well....I'll at least try to get his back on track....I'm 6'2 so I'm not the shortest dude on the court....tend to do a lot of rebounding and work my ass off on defense, I'm probably one of the better defenders as far as street ball goes, people rarely get by me, and I'm a great help defender too. I can knock down an open shot and handle the ball pretty decently too, so I can get to the rim and finish with either hand if I'm feelin it, but if I'm not I'll usually look to kick. Got a few post moves too, really been working on footwork lately, but like I said I make my value known by shutting down the other team's best player. Oh and I can dunk so people throw me a few alley's here and there.

Roger Freemason Jr.
07-03-2011, 02:57 PM
I didn't say a thing about playing like Manu, and we have quite a few people in here who were honest about their games. I didn't say I was a exceptional ball player either. I just love the game, and I love to play it. I'm sure you feel the same.

Lincoln
07-03-2011, 03:08 PM
roger just be mad cuz he fat haha

Lincoln
07-03-2011, 03:08 PM
5 11 n 230...get in da gym

DMC
07-03-2011, 03:09 PM
I didn't say a thing about playing like Manu, and we have quite a few people in here who were honest about their games. I didn't say I was a exceptional ball player either. I just love the game, and I love to play it. I'm sure you feel the same.
I was honest about mine for sure. I can ball with the best of them. It's common for me to grab a rebound off the rim, take it full court and deliver the facial from about 12' out. Come fly with me. I'm 6'8, 257 and I have a receding hairline that I cover with a headband.

Bill_Brasky
07-03-2011, 03:11 PM
I was honest about mine for sure. I can ball with the best of them. It's common for me to grab a rebound off the rim, take it full court and deliver the facial from about 12' out. Come fly with me.

lol this dude would break his damn hip for sure if he tried to ball up with some young guns.

jag
07-03-2011, 03:12 PM
I'd bet money DMC is a baller

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-03-2011, 03:14 PM
DMC would destroy joshdaboss in a 1 on 1 first to 15

DMC
lol this dude would break his damn hip for sure if he tried to ball up with some young guns.

Shiiiiiiit dawg. I don't take no prisoners. You young'uns (more appropriate) wouldn't stand a chance. I lull you to sleep when I rock the cradle, I push the statue of liberty from the line and I will blow you away with my reverse windmill. If you try to take that weak ass shit to the rim, you will find yourself looking at the ceiling and the ball will be making it's way back to the other end.

jag
I'm a like a combination of Vinny Del Negro and Ricky Davis. And much like Eddie House, I don't shy away from the big moments.

DMC
07-03-2011, 03:15 PM
DMC would destroy joshdaboss in a 1 on 1 first to 15

Wouldn't even be fair. I would spot him 14 and the ball.

Roger Freemason Jr.
07-03-2011, 03:16 PM
what position do you usually find yourself playing?

DMC
07-03-2011, 03:16 PM
what position do you usually find yourself playing?

Captain

Lincoln
07-03-2011, 03:17 PM
roger either a body builder or a fatass..take your pic

Roger Freemason Jr.
07-03-2011, 03:17 PM
haha straight up.

DMC
07-03-2011, 03:18 PM
roger either a body builder or a fatass..take your pic

I'll take "Punctuation and Grammar" for 100 Alex.

Leetonidas
07-03-2011, 03:20 PM
I try to facilitate and find my teammates cutting off screens and shit, when they do. I'm a decent passer and I'm a streaky shooter. If I get hot I can sink it from anywhere Kobe style. I try to rebound but I'm better at tipping it out to my taller teammates since I'm only 5'11.5"

Meh

joshdaboss
07-03-2011, 03:21 PM
Wouldn't even be fair. I would spot him 14 and the ball.

I doubt it. You're from Texas. Not too many folks from Texas can hoop.

jag
07-03-2011, 03:24 PM

You know Kevin Spacey is gay, right?

joshdaboss
07-03-2011, 03:26 PM
You know Kevin Spacey is gay, right?

Tells me a lot that you would know that. Speaks volumes.

joshdaboss
07-03-2011, 03:28 PM
josh da boss isn't from texas, not too many from outside there have big dicks :cry

First, someone(presumably from Texas) brings up that Kevin Spacey is gay. Now, we have another Texan talking about big dicks. Coincidence? Or is the state of Texas just hecka gay?

dirk4mvp
07-03-2011, 03:28 PM
I take back my Gallinari comparison to myself and list Dirk instead, tbh.

jag
07-03-2011, 03:29 PM
Tells me a lot that you would know that. Speaks volumes.

Yeah, it tells you that I know he's gay. I should probably assume you already knew that.

http://cdn.fd.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/kevinspaceyissupergay.jpg

Roger Freemason Jr.
07-03-2011, 03:29 PM
let's organize a pick-up game. only civilized posters obviously.

jag
07-03-2011, 03:30 PM
First, someone(presumably from Texas) brings up that Kevin Spacey is gay. Now, we have another Texan talking about big dicks. Coincidence? Or is the state of Texas just hecka gay?

I dont live in Texas.

And did you just say "hecka gay"?

You know gay people say that, right?

joshdaboss
07-03-2011, 03:31 PM
Yeah, it tells you that I know he's gay. I should probably assume you already knew that.

http://cdn.fd.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/03/kevinspaceyissupergay.jpg

Not only do you know he is gay, but you have pictures on your computer of him with other men. Would you like to confess anything, right here... right now?

jag
07-03-2011, 03:33 PM
Not only do you know he is gay, but you have pictures on your computer of him with other men. Would you like to confess anything, right here... right now?

You have google on your computer too, I assume. Is there anything you'd like to confess?

jag
07-03-2011, 03:34 PM
"hecka gay" + Kevin Spacey AV = ?

DMC
07-03-2011, 03:35 PM

Talk all you want. I would ruin you. You would never play again.

dirk4mvp
07-03-2011, 03:35 PM

joshdaboss with the 2 for 1 internet throwaway lines here. First we have the ol' calling other people gay in defense of himself by saying ":cry you're talking about dicks! :cry". Second we have the accusing another poster of having pics saved on his computer when it's obvious the poster in question just googled it.

lol joshdaboss

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-03-2011, 03:36 PM
where are you from joshdaboss

joshdaboss
07-03-2011, 03:37 PM
Talk all you want. I would ruin you. You would never play again.

You remind me of a lot of the black people whom I shit upon.

DMC
07-03-2011, 03:38 PM
You remind me of a lot of the black people whom I shit upon.

Don't hate

joshdaboss
07-03-2011, 03:39 PM
what about dem ######s that would kick yo ass both on and off the court? i'm dat ######

They might be able to kick my ass, but only because they outnumber me 20:1. On the court is another story.

jag
07-03-2011, 03:40 PM
A joshdaboss-DMC rivalry would be a very special thing to witness, tbh. I don't know if there are actually any rivalries in the Special Olympics, but I'm sure it would be very similar to that.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-03-2011, 03:41 PM
#1 DMC
#2 everyone else (including joshdaboss)

joshdaboss
07-03-2011, 03:43 PM
we've already established that dmc would destroy you. you're spurstalk's #2 option AT BEST

Blacks like to talk a lot. My game does the talking. Specifically when I'm wetting 3s on that clown from 30 feet.

Roger Freemason Jr.
07-03-2011, 03:46 PM
hahaha

DMC
07-03-2011, 03:48 PM
A joshdaboss-DMC rivalry would be a very special thing to witness, tbh. I don't know if there are actually any rivalries in the Special Olympics, but I'm sure it would be very similar to that.
:lmao Special Olympics jokes are always funny.

jag
07-03-2011, 03:49 PM
:lmao Special Olympics jokes are always funny.

:corn:

this guy rarely disappoints

DMC
07-03-2011, 03:49 PM
Blacks like to talk a lot. My game does the talking. Specifically when I'm wetting 3s on that clown from 30 feet.

Who says I am black? I am 260lbs of spring steel and sex appeal. Color is not an issue. We are all pink on the inside.

joshdaboss
07-03-2011, 03:52 PM
Who says I am black? I am 260lbs of spring steel and sex appeal. Color is not an issue. We are all pink on the inside.

If you're 260lbs you wouldn't even see the ball back. I'd blow by your fat, black ass.

DMC
07-03-2011, 03:57 PM
:corn:

this guy rarely disappoints

I used to frequent your neck of the woods when I was with the 119th.

You could be my son.

DMC
07-03-2011, 03:58 PM
If you're 260lbs you wouldn't even see the ball back. I'd blow by your fat, black ass.

I'm 6'8.

joshdaboss
07-03-2011, 03:59 PM
I'm 6'8.

LeBron James trolling? Poor.

NBA Champs
07-03-2011, 04:00 PM
HAHAHAHA! I come back to see all you fuckers have got your second nuts! And why the fuck is Ginobli being uber trolled? Anyways, I was honest about my post..no reason to fucking lie. I'm not the most skilled basketball player--I use my athleticism to get by in all sports. I haven't played a damn game since 2009. I'm also a lot heavier now..around 195 in a 5'10-6ft body. I've been able to grab the rim since I was in 6th grade, but never could dunk. I've probably gained 20lbs since my last basketball game, but I'd still outwork my opponent. Hustle, grab boards, contest shots, run until I pass out, jump passing lanes, distribute the rock and get put backs is where I'd be most effective if I were to play today. Like I said earlier, when I'm in rhythm--I don't fucking miss, but that could take some time and I fucking hate losing and refuse to sacrifice a win for my own personal achievements on the court, so I rather just be a defense/hustle guy first.

DMC
07-03-2011, 04:08 PM
LeBron James trolling? Poor.

So Lebron is the only 6'8 person on the planet? lol

joshdaboss
07-03-2011, 04:10 PM

6'8" 260, coincidence or trolling? Tough choice, tbh.

DMC
07-03-2011, 04:10 PM
Take your pick. I don't use a troll account.

Koolaid_Man
07-03-2011, 04:11 PM

:lmao 260 lbs of nasty fat...this dude DMC said the other day he loves Popeyes..he's a dribble away from a triple bypass...

DMC
07-03-2011, 04:13 PM
http://www.wetanz.com/assets/Uploads/_resampled/CabinetLarge-PedroYetiFrances.jpg

DMC
07-03-2011, 04:14 PM
:lmao 260 lbs of nasty fat...this dude DMC said the other day he loves Popeyes..he's a dribble away from a triple bypass...
Popeye's beans and rice is good. Tall guys have to eat too. You short ######s should know that, you work there.

I don't have the physique Lebron has, but I am not fat.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-03-2011, 04:18 PM
Rofl joshdaboss is scared if getting murked by a 6'8" 260 playa

joshdaboss
07-03-2011, 04:19 PM
Rofl joshdaboss is scared if getting murked by a 6'8" 260 playa

More like 5'8" 260, tbh.

Koolaid_Man
07-03-2011, 04:20 PM

6'8 and denying your race...you nappy headed old ass nigga you...what a sham...go suck on da white mans asshole a bit more will ya...

I got a new name for you DMC...Uncle Rukus...I figured you all out...

VcNsZeoCq2I LhaoE74QZNM

DMC
07-03-2011, 04:21 PM
More like 5'8" 260, tbh.

So you believe the weight but not the height?

You skert?

joshdaboss
07-03-2011, 04:22 PM
So you believe the weight but not the height?

You skert?

I believe you are an out-of-shape nerd, is what I believe.

DMC
07-03-2011, 04:22 PM
6'8 and denying your race...you nappy headed old ass nigga you...what a sham...go suck on da white mans asshole a bit more will ya...

I got a new name for you DMC...Uncle Rukus...I figured you all out...

VcNsZeoCq2I LhaoE74QZNM
You are always figuring out something you thought you had figured out before. Shouldn't you be starting another 2 view thread about now speaking of yourself in 3rd person?

DMC
07-03-2011, 04:23 PM
I believe you are an out-of-shape nerd, is what I believe.
You're just a hater. Admit it. I have you intimidated.

It's ok though, I aint mad. You aint the first poser I have uncovered. The shit gets real when I step up.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-03-2011, 04:24 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao anime

Koolaid_Man
07-03-2011, 04:27 PM

It's ok though, I aint mad. You aint the first poser I have uncovered. The shit gets real when I step up.

you ought to be ashamed of yourself...old 60 yr old ass and still can't accept who you are...you're a loser DMC....:lol and you know it...:lol

joshdaboss

lol @ generic hater line.

lol @ Texas basketball.

lol @ black people.

Koolaid_Man
:lmao:lmao:lmao anime

it's not anime...it's Boondocks Nikka...:lol

Koolaid_Man
07-03-2011, 04:28 PM

lol @ Texas basketball.

lol @ black people.

get in his ass Josh...I love this Spur on Spur fan crime....:lol

NBA Champs
07-03-2011, 04:28 PM
You guys crack me up!

P.S. This forum needs a webcam option, but how many of you losers would pay big bucks to have someone you wish you were, sit in front of your pc and type from cue cards.

Koolaid_Man
07-03-2011, 04:30 PM
You are always figuring out something you thought you had figured out before. Shouldn't you be starting another 2 view thread about now speaking of yourself in 3rd person?

You nappy headed Uncke Rukus looking nigga you....I got you figured out...a self hater...it appears you didn't learn shit from the 60's movement...:lol you need to be beat with a whip nigga...:lol

Koolaid_Man
07-03-2011, 04:38 PM
They might be able to kick my ass, but only because they outnumber me 20:1. On the court is another story.

So what Parks /Gyms you hoop at playa? I can tell right off if you ball like you say by where you Hoop...Kool...I usually just bump you in the lane and go over the top for the J....I got that jab step down to perfection too...

TE
07-03-2011, 04:54 PM
Kool reminds me of myspace. Slowly fading away into irrelevancy.

DMC
07-03-2011, 07:31 PM

lol @ Texas basketball.

lol @ black people.

lol 1 in a billion almost made it chumps. Oh I blew my knee out in high school, I was an inch too short for college, I get asked all the time what college I attended...

Do you tell them cosmetology schools don't have BB squads? lol

DMC
07-03-2011, 07:32 PM
You nappy headed Uncke Rukus looking nigga you....I got you figured out...a self hater...it appears you didn't learn shit from the 60's movement...:lol you need to be beat with a whip nigga...:lol
Generic ass troll ###### wannabe. Your shit is more played out than Madonna's pussy. Stop sending me PMs bitch. You should have gotten the hint a few months ago when I didn't respond.

DMC
07-03-2011, 07:33 PM
Kool reminds me of myspace. Slowly fading away into irrelevancy.
You mean Netscape, only relevant in Wikipedia searches?

Koolaid_Man
07-03-2011, 08:03 PM
Generic ass troll ###### wannabe. Your shit is more played out than Madonna's pussy. Stop sending me PMs bitch. You should have gotten the hint a few months ago when I didn't respond.

Madonna's Pussy huh? You went way back for that one...Like I said you're an old ass fool....your kids would be ashamed if they knew you was showing your faggot ass like this online...

and nice try on the PM's bit...talk about an old ass line...:lol

Uncle Rukus My Man....:lol

Koolaid_Man
07-03-2011, 08:18 PM
DMC *aka* Uncle Rukus - Sang it for us...

K0ZRAmz-NWM

DMC
07-03-2011, 09:22 PM
DMC *aka* Uncle Rukus - Sang it for us...

K0ZRAmz-NWM
I have respect for the President. lol about the PMs

MiamiHeatNumba1
07-03-2011, 10:28 PM
I'm 6'7'', 250lbs. I'd say my game is most like Chuck Hayes, although back in high school people liked to call me Mini-Shaq and I still laugh about that. My play-making and defense relies almost entirely on my strength and my hustle rather than basketball know-how and strategies. I'll hustle my ass off and it's paid off against better players more often than not. I have somewhat of a mid-rage game and a catch-and-shoot, not really anything from deep, and my post game consists of bullying my opponents to under the rim or bank shots. The kids I ball with learned not to expect anything easy against me when I'm protecting the paint.

Still working on that jump shot and ball handling though. :king

Monostradamus
07-03-2011, 10:35 PM
I'm 6'7'', 250lbs. I'd say my game is most like Chuck Hayes, although back in high school people liked to call me Mini-Shaq and I still laugh about that. My play-making and defense relies almost entirely on my strength and my hustle rather than basketball know-how and strategies. I'll hustle my ass off and it's paid off against better players more often than not. I have somewhat of a mid-rage game and a catch-and-shoot, not really anything from deep, and my post game consists of bullying my opponents to under the rim or bank shots. The kids I ball with learned not to expect anything easy against me when I'm protecting the paint.

Still working on that jump shot and ball handling though. :king

crofl Numba2 now.

MiamiHeatNumba1
07-03-2011, 10:39 PM
crofl Numba2 now.

#1 in the crushed egos department, brah!

NBA Champs
07-03-2011, 10:53 PM
Shit, I'm ready to get together with you fellas and hoop.

Leetonidas
07-03-2011, 11:11 PM

lol @ Texas basketball.

lol @ black people.

lol @ you

Leetonidas
07-03-2011, 11:12 PM
Resorting to posting Boondocks clips like it's somehow relevant? Jesus fuck you suck balls

ClipshowDynasty
07-04-2011, 12:38 AM
Just played today and my j from ft line extended was so wet..best I've ever shot tbh. Got winded tho so I'm not in shape...doesn't help playin against ppl from track team tho lol

Red Hawk #21
07-04-2011, 08:54 AM
I'm 6'1, 180. My game is based on outsmarting the other team. I have decent handle, and a very good mid-range jumper. If my shots not falling I have a very good floater which I go to. I love to use my floater to demoralize defenders, they always jump as high as they can but I know how to get it up quickly so they can almost never block it. I also have a nice shot off the glass I use whenever I have an angle. And I have some nice pivots, step through moves and spin moves. I'm also willing to pass once the defense commits to me.

DAF86
07-04-2011, 09:35 AM
:lol everybody is Ginobili

DMC
07-04-2011, 09:39 AM
http://theassociation.blogs.com/the_association/Ginobili%20Jump.jpg

Real picture of me

dunkman
07-04-2011, 09:46 AM
I'm 6'2" (in shoes), I play SG or SF. Can't play PG, never could. I have decent midrange fadeaway, step back and off the screen jumpers. I shot 3's from corner, not so well from the top. I shot much better on the run than spot on. I drive aggressively to the hoop for layups, prayers and finger roll, sometimes shot a fadeaway if the paint gets packed. Can improvise if near stripped the ball while driving. Near the basket have different post moves depending on the position, and counter moves from there, if I get near it's a basket. I assist decently. On defense it's mostly rebounding and steals, have very quick hands, some blocks from here to there.

However, now it's all slow, can't play too many minutes and can't jump as much as could when young.

DMC
07-04-2011, 10:05 AM
I'm 6'2" (in shoes), I play SG or SF. Can't play PG, never could. I have decent midrange fadeaway, step back and off the screen jumpers. I shot 3's from corner, not so well from the top. I shot much better on the run than spot on. I drive aggressively to the hoop for layups, prayers and finger roll, sometimes shot a fadeaway if the paint gets packed. Can improvise if near stripped the ball while driving. Near the basket have different post moves depending on the position, and counter moves from there, if I get near it's a basket. I assist decently. On defense it's mostly rebounding and steals, have very quick hands, some blocks from here to there.

However, now it's all slow, can't play too many minutes and can't jump as much as could when young.

Just like Ginobili.

GuerillaBlack
07-04-2011, 10:30 AM
Like Bonzi Wells.

resistanze
07-04-2011, 11:03 AM
5'10", LeBron-like jumpshot (shitty and inconsistent), so my entire offensive game relies on explosive quickness to the rim, hops, and a decent post game. So fuck yes, I rely on athleticism.

Defense is much better than my offense, and I end up guarding the best wing player on the team and with my freakishly long wing span I end up getting a lot of blocks.

I'd say I'm a mix between Magic Johnson and Lew Alcindor.

dunkman
07-04-2011, 11:22 AM
Just like Ginobili.

Koolaid_Man
07-04-2011, 12:20 PM
Resorting to posting Boondocks clips like it's somehow relevant? Jesus fuck you suck balls

DMC is now branded Uncle Rukus and now I've branded you as well Leetonidas...you're new name is Ephialtes...don't worry I am kind. I only ask that you kneel and embrace me as your King and your God...

and don't worry I got you on the uniform. :lol

jWCCT6j-VSk

KobeOwnsDuncan
07-04-2011, 12:25 PM
DMC is now branded Uncle Rukus and now I've branded you as well Leetonidas...you're new name is Ephialtes...don't worry I am kind. I only ask that you kneel and embrace me as your King and your God...

and don't worry I got you on the uniform. :lol

jWCCT6j-VSk

djohn2oo8
07-04-2011, 12:26 PM
Like Bonzi Wells.

lol, where do you go to hoop out here?

tlongII
07-04-2011, 12:31 PM
I don't play anymore. Too old. I used to be pretty good, but now if I tried to play something would snap! :lol

Koolaid_Man
07-04-2011, 12:34 PM
I don't play anymore. Too old. I used to be pretty good, but now if I tried to play something would snap! :lol

can't be no worse that Greg Oden imo....:lol

DMC
07-04-2011, 03:21 PM
can't be no worse that Greg Oden imo....:lol

You're 15

TheRealCB
07-05-2011, 06:23 AM
I am almost 6'5 with shoes on,and a slightly larger wingspan at 6'7.I like to think myself as a homeless man's Shane Battier/Shawn Marion.I am always the best defender on the court,can guard from 1-4,and my only offensive skills are the open spot-up 3 and some post moves,nothing fancy.I also got a pretty good court vision,but since my handling sucks,I rarely get to show it.

I am very very unathletic(I can barely dunk :depressed ) so I rely on fundamentals and high BBIQ.I also tend to get very frustrated if I miss 3 or 4 consecutive 3's (rare) and start deffering way too much..

DirkDoesWork
07-05-2011, 11:56 PM
How do I play pick-up ball?

I rely on my heart, determination and sub-par athleticism. I'm what you call an energy player. I have a high basketball I.Q., and I'm gutty.

In other words, I'm white.

Oh, and I'm that guy.

ezau
07-06-2011, 01:42 AM
I'm a combo-guard ala JJ Redick. My three-point shot is inconsistent, but watch out for my mid-range game. I also use a lot of Euro-step and I love setting people up for open shots and easy layups.

hater
07-06-2011, 10:08 AM
my shot sucks dick. I was just not born to shoot it. So I am Bruce Bowen mixed in with Dennis Rodman out there.

NBA Champs
07-06-2011, 10:46 PM
How do I play pick-up ball?

I rely on my heart, determination and sub-par athleticism. I'm what you call an energy player. I have a high basketball I.Q., and I'm gutty.

In other words, I'm white.

Oh, and I'm that guy.

LMMFAO. "YOU" win.

mystargtr34
07-08-2011, 05:56 AM
sum niggas in dis thread make dem sleves sound like jordan tho.!

bitch plz, there be reason why yu on here an not in da nba!!!

tbqh its because most of us white folk have evolved fully from apes/slaves and dont have 7'2 wingspans with 38 inch verticals

TE
10-26-2011, 01:56 AM
I tried this move today. Haha man it feels weird completing the move entirely.

Takes a lot of work to do it tbh.

NSA3T-29AJ4

Ashy Larry
10-26-2011, 04:30 AM
I would love to play the youngsters because they're just so naive. The come on the court with brand new NIKEs or Jordan and dribble the ball AND1 style for 40 seconds. Then when it's time to shoot, they throw up a brick and then look at their hands or blow in them as if it's 30 degrees in L.A.

I'll just break out the jeans shorts, plain white T-shirt (Billy Ho style from White Men Can't Jump) and just constantly kill them with the fundamentals. By time they're down 11-3 (going to 15), they're yelling at each other and shit and it's a wrap after that.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-26-2011, 04:47 AM
Zn8BfVMvnUk

stretch
10-26-2011, 08:44 AM
I tried this move today. Haha man it feels weird completing the move entirely.

Takes a lot of work to do it tbh.

NSA3T-29AJ4

a crossover?

DUNCANownsKOBE
10-26-2011, 09:10 AM
lol classic Spurfan thinking a move countless players use is a move Manu created

Findog
10-26-2011, 09:12 AM
I'm a Battier Tayshaun Prince type

mavs>spurs
10-26-2011, 10:22 AM
I'm a Battier Tayshaun Prince type

I think maybe you mean Brian Cardinal

Monostradamus
10-26-2011, 11:29 AM
tbh Findog really can D people up. Deceptively quick, active hands, and physical. I don't recall anything like this when we played, but I'd be willing to bet that when Findog plays, the guy he's guarding usually will get butthurt over how he's defending him.

4>0 Rings' Treadmill
10-26-2011, 12:16 PM
I don't recall anything like this when we played, but I'd be willing to bet that when Findog plays, the guy he's guarding usually will get butthurt over how he's defending him.

tbh that actually did happen imho

mavs>spurs
10-26-2011, 12:16 PM
a pesky defender, just like his nba counterpart brian cardinal tbh

ezau
10-26-2011, 10:48 PM
I would love to play the youngsters because they're just so naive. The come on the court with brand new NIKEs or Jordan and dribble the ball AND1 style for 40 seconds. Then when it's time to shoot, they throw up a brick and then look at their hands or blow in them as if it's 30 degrees in L.A.

I'll just break out the jeans shorts, plain white T-shirt (Billy Ho style from White Men Can't Jump) and just constantly kill them with the fundamentals. By time they're down 11-3 (going to 15), they're yelling at each other and shit and it's a wrap after that.

I know what you're saying man haha

mavs>spurs
10-26-2011, 10:51 PM

us young dallas playas don't suck we'll bust your old ass

lefty
10-26-2011, 11:33 PM
I'll go 0/10 and hit the game winning shot

I'm a clutch mofo

4>0 Rings' Treadmill
10-26-2011, 11:34 PM
tbh lefty are you a lefty?

Fpoonsie
10-27-2011, 02:09 AM
Poorly.

Fpoonsie
10-27-2011, 02:10 AM
And, holy shit! Kevin Spacey's GAY?!

mind=blown

lefty
10-27-2011, 08:40 AM
tbh lefty are you a lefty?
Yes

I'm lefty and clutch

stretch
10-27-2011, 08:51 AM
I'm a combo-guard ala JJ Redick. My three-point shot is inconsistent, but watch out for my mid-range game. I also use a lot of Euro-step and I love setting people up for open shots and easy layups.

how can you compare yourself to JJ Reddick, then go on to say that you are an inconsistent 3-point shooter?

what the fuck?

Greg Oden
10-27-2011, 12:16 PM
I think to even the playing field, every mavfan on ST should say we are all very tall while still maintaining excellent ball handling skills for our size and we are the master of the fadeaway, a move Dirk obviously invented.

Red Hawk #21
11-06-2011, 04:06 PM
What I've been doing lately is combining fundamentals and streetball moves. I love to pass, and if I'm playing with guys who pass as well then I'll play a more fundamental kind of game. However, if I'm playing with guys who don't pass and against a team that hacks me I'm going streetball mode on them. I've been watching a lot of practice drills from Gannon Baker and Dre Baldwin. Gannon is great for fundamentals, and Dre teaches a lot of streetball moves that can be used pretty much anytime (Not the And 1 Bullshit). Anyway check out this video from Gannon Baker

pRebD-uH2yM