PDA

View Full Version : Mark Cuban is classless and will never get a title

Monostradamus
07-03-2011, 06:34 PM
Anybody here wanna retract at least one part of the statement that damn near all of you said at one point or another in the past decade?

joshdaboss
07-03-2011, 06:36 PM
* unless his team is handed one by the powers that be.

ohmwrecker
07-03-2011, 06:36 PM
Why? I never said he would never get a title.

Monostradamus
07-03-2011, 06:37 PM
Why?

http://www.shoppingblog.com/2011pics/dallas_mavericks_nba_championship_celebration.jpg

Cessation
07-03-2011, 06:38 PM
4>1

ElNono
07-03-2011, 06:38 PM
Last part retracted, tbh

Monostradamus
07-03-2011, 06:39 PM
I never said he would never get a title.

then obviously you're not being addressed in this thread. One of the very few.

lol everybody here will now say "I never said he wouldn't get one!"

ohmwrecker
07-03-2011, 06:39 PM
Fishy fishy.

Monostradamus
07-03-2011, 06:40 PM
4>1

1 is all that matters

joshdaboss
lol Play zone entire series. Get called for 0 defensive 3 seconds. Hell of a defensive team, tbh.

Monostradamus
Hell of a defensive team, tbh.

agreed! :tu

Cessation
07-03-2011, 06:44 PM
1 is all that matters

4 matters significantly more than 1 though

Proxy
07-03-2011, 06:50 PM
4 matters significantly more than 1 though

bitchez:lobt::lobt::lobt::lobt:

lmbebo
07-03-2011, 06:53 PM
bored? Lockout got you bummed?

GB20
07-03-2011, 07:00 PM
wake me up when the mavs have 4.

Spursfan092120
07-03-2011, 07:07 PM
I'll admit it. I said he'd never get one. I was wrong. Dude got one..still has 3 more to catch up to big brother, but that doesn't change that he's one down.

GB20
07-03-2011, 07:11 PM
i bet mark cuban sell the mavs right after dirk retired.

Cessation
07-03-2011, 07:19 PM
It's pretty funny how mavfan, gets uppity after getting one ring, lol. Guess, a decade of choking will do that to you.

baseline bum
07-03-2011, 07:21 PM
It's an *title since he didn't have to go through the #1 team in the West tbh.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-03-2011, 07:23 PM
Wow, this thread turning into a "4 rings, faggot" circle jerk wasn't predictable at all

benefactor
07-03-2011, 07:25 PM
Wow, this thread turning into a "4 rings, faggot" circle jerk wasn't predictable at all
Greys putting in work.

King
07-03-2011, 07:52 PM
It's an *title since he didn't have to go through the #1 team in the West tbh.

Yeah, because the #1 team got taken down by the #8 team. Ridiculous. Give them their due. Stop dwelling on the 4 titles. Everyone but Tim from the 99 team is sitting at home. The Mavs are better now.

Spursfan092120
07-03-2011, 07:56 PM

especially since he decided to put it in the Spurs forum...

fyatuk
07-03-2011, 08:53 PM
Meh. Cuban's classlessness is an act anyway. Since the Spurs screwed up this year, at least the title came back to Texas. SA > Texas > Central US > east or west coast (in terms of my preference).

Bill_Brasky
07-03-2011, 09:22 PM
I guess if you keep blindly throwing money at a sports team, it has to succeed eventually.

SpursGlory
07-03-2011, 09:32 PM
I saw plenty of Spurs fans giving congrats to the Mavericks when they won their 1st Championship, we would've rather seen our Spurs winning it all without question, but our Spurs fans have class, and gave the Mavericks their due, even with the rivalry our teams have. That's all said and done now, we're not going to let some Mavs fan come on a Spurs forum, and start talking about what was said in the past and not bust his balls for it. Especially, when his team only has 1 Championship, and he's bragging about it when our team's got 4!!! :flag:

DeadlyDynasty
07-03-2011, 10:04 PM
Yeah, because the #1 team got taken down by the #8 team. Ridiculous. Give them their due. Stop dwelling on the 4 titles. Everyone but Tim from the 99 team is sitting at home. The Mavs are better now.

I guess you still need the training-wheels blue font to pick up sarcasm...

Pero
07-03-2011, 11:32 PM
Mark Cuban is classless and will never get a title
Mark Cuban learns a bit of class and finally wins a title you say?

ShoogarBear
07-03-2011, 11:42 PM
Good to see that others in Mav World are willing to step up their classlessness just in case Cuban loses some of his.

BlackSwordsMan
07-04-2011, 12:25 AM
I never go back on my word. Nah uh its against my religion.

ulosturedge
07-04-2011, 01:20 AM
It's understandable considering Mark Cuban has given Spurs fans a lot of reasons to dislike him. Talking shit about our city and always running his mouth. So yeah you would expect some Spurs fans to retaliate by saying he would never win a Championship. But wanting him not to win a Championship and him not actually winning one are two totally different things.

I never made that kind of statement, but I did believe they would never get one also. They pulled it off, congratz. I actually have a little more respect for him now because of the way he handled his victory speech and all. Maybe he isn't a complete asshole after all. And why don't you just enjoy the Mavs championship instead of trolling the Spurs forum?

ChuckD
07-04-2011, 07:12 AM
I guess if you keep blindly throwing money at a sports team, it has to succeed eventually.

Paul Allen says hello...

Monostradamus
07-04-2011, 08:59 AM
Good to see that others in Mav World are willing to step up their classlessness just in case Cuban loses some of his.

It's true. Mav Fan is the scum of the earth. I once attended a game at the AAC (worst arena in pro sports), and Mav Fan was so classless i almost left even though the Spurs were winning. You'd think rape and throwing a feces/semen concoction would be frowned upon, but thats what Mav Fan did to all spurs fans present. Apparently thats just commonplace among Mav Fan, and really everyone in that classless city of Dallas.

ShoogarBear
07-04-2011, 02:34 PM
Winning a championship is supposed to DECREASE the butthurt, you know.

dav4463
07-04-2011, 11:50 PM
Mark Cuban showed moments of class like giving Don Carter the trophy and shutting his big mouth during the playoffs, but he still a prick. One and done.

He acts a little more civil when winning, but if they hadn't been getting lots of calls their way and maybe lost on a controversial call somewhere; I'm sure his "idiot" would have come out.

He is like a Junior High parent who is fine when winning, but starts screaming at the referees when their little darling starts losing a game.

He's reached his goal; probably thinking about baseball more and more now. Mavs will go back to being irrelevant.

Ghazi
07-05-2011, 12:11 AM
:lmao joshdaboss is such a butthurt faggot

Dirk 1 Lebron 0

suck it

MannyIsGod
07-05-2011, 12:37 AM
Winning a championship is supposed to DECREASE the butthurt, you know.

Leetonidas
07-05-2011, 12:41 AM
Classless assholes tend to get the furthest in life, so I figured he'd win one sooner or later

Annoying Mav fan
07-05-2011, 12:49 AM
Anybody here wanna retract at least one part of the statement that damn near all of you said at one point or another in the past decade?

HAHAHAHA nice one bro! You're really handling the asshurt to all these Spur fan imho. I love the silly excuses that they brought up fwiw. Seeing all these grey named spur fans take the bait makes my shitty day into a good day imo.

Hey when you have time, can you teach me how to master the headlock tbh?

41times
07-05-2011, 09:47 AM
Mark i a Great Owner.

As a fan he does the things that I and other fans want:

He spends whatever amount of money needed to get and keep players.
All he wants to do is Win a Championship at all costs.
He backs up his players and organization if he thinks they are being cheated
He speaks out against poor officiating and league policies

Now does he do some of those things with less tact than others? yes.

But he is a REAL Fan of his team first and an Owner second. He is no different than any of us if we had a Billion dollars and could buy our favorite team.

I think he showed real class in allowing the Original Mavs Owner Don Carter to accept the O'Brien Trophy.
Cuban paid for the parade in Dallas which cost $400,000
He has even offered $10,00 of his own money to help find a rapist who rapped an beat a girl after she left a bar after watching game 6 in Dallas.
He gives Millions to the Wonded Warrier Foundation
He invites the troops to sit Front Row every year for a game.

All in All he is a Great owner and a Pasionate fan. I would much rather have someone who's only goal is to WIN than like the previous owner Ross Perot who's only goal was to Make-A-Buck on the investment. And you saw how well the mavs did in the 1990's under that ownership.

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-05-2011, 10:04 AM
I don't know what I may or may not have said over the years here. I'm sure I called him classless at some point, not sure I'm ready to back off of that point. He's learned to keep his mouth shut, so if I ever said he was a total moron I would back off of that point. Then again the dude's earned a billion dollars so I don't think I ever tagged him as such.

As to the title thing what I've said to my Mavs fan friends in real life (and probably a few times here) is that he was never going to win a title while acting like Jerry Jones, pissing off the league and his own FO with his mouth and his meddling. That would seem to have been quite sensible. He was as well behaved throughout the season as I can remember (even the flap over NO taking on money at the deadline was shortlived and understated by his old standards) and I don't recall any rumors of him butting heads with Carlisle like with AJ or Nelson. Results? The whistles were as friendly as anyone could have hoped during the playoffs and the entire team looked like they were taking cues from their coach and only their coach.

ShoogarBear
07-05-2011, 10:07 AM
Wow, lookie! A sensible, no-butthurt post!

(Imma havta do some work to find a way to make fun of this one.)

ShoogarBear
07-05-2011, 10:08 AM
That was for 41times.

sfie f-ing things up as always.

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-05-2011, 10:54 AM
That was for 41times.

sfie f-ing things up as always.

Just sticking to my strengths.

Horse
07-05-2011, 12:11 PM
I was wrong I didn't think he ever would win, but I also didn't think Manu would get hurt, the playoffs would turn into the twilight zone and the mavs would get to play against lechoke.

CaptainLate
07-05-2011, 12:32 PM
wake me up when the mavs have 4.

Probably one of the worst title teams ever. The Wade-Shaq title team being the second worst.

I bet Cuban doesn't get two. He "lucked" into this one with the Spurs being one elbow injury away from kicking the Mavs ass during another title run.

cheguevara
07-05-2011, 02:14 PM
and the obsession continues for mavfan

Spurs and Mavs fan
07-05-2011, 06:13 PM
The 2011 Spurs would really have given the 2011 Mavs a run for the money had they met in the WCF.

Budkin
07-05-2011, 09:43 PM

I was a hater back in 2006 because he was so obnoxious during the games, but once I learned more about the guy and all the progressive causes he supported I began to like him more. Plus he's a great owner and does a ton for the fans.

Jodelo
07-06-2011, 08:17 AM
Probably one of the worst title teams ever. The Wade-Shaq title team being the second worst.

I bet Cuban doesn't get two. He "lucked" into this one with the Spurs being one elbow injury away from kicking the Mavs ass during another title run.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

callo1
07-07-2011, 08:25 PM
Mark Cuban did not get a title, his team did. Players and only players win titles, coaches and owners do their best to put their respective teams in the best possible position to win...for that, Cuban deserves much credit.

As far as his "lack of class" is concerned, I have heard from many good sources that he is very classy, and only talks a little junk to pump up the rivalry and ratings...he knows the marketing system well.

Amarelooms
07-07-2011, 10:28 PM

lol at you dummy...Mavs >>> Spurs....you mad?

:elephant

4>0rings
07-07-2011, 10:48 PM

It's too bad you couldn't enjoy their championship, you know since you were off their bandwagon this year.

Blake
07-07-2011, 10:50 PM

No kidding...my Mavs are done...need to be blown up. The injuries messed up the mojo and it's over....sad but true. They are gonna lose 10+ in a row.

I'm a Spurs fan now...gotta pull for the other Texas team....let's GO SPURS!! Love me some Hill and Parker

:flag:

lol lol at you dummy

Amarelooms
07-07-2011, 11:00 PM
lol lol at you dummy

lol at you for getting trolled so easy son....God bless

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-07-2011, 11:02 PM

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Blake
07-07-2011, 11:34 PM
lol at you for getting trolled so easy son....God bless

I'm still laughing at you, dummy.

lol lol lol

Monostradamus
07-08-2011, 12:11 PM

:lmao the 2011 Mavs would wreck the 07 Spurs.

leemajors
07-08-2011, 01:12 PM
this is awesome:

http://deadspin.com/5818693/hey-it-was-the-seventies-mark-cuban-narrates-a-gallery-of-his-debaucherous-college-rugby-years/gallery/1

z0sa
07-08-2011, 01:49 PM

yeah, spursfan really need to stop the hate now

2011 mavs are truly one of the best title teams ever, probably in the top 15-20 range all-time (guesstimation, too young personally to really make an accurate judgment)

this isn't based on their roster on paper, it's based on the physical proof of what they actually did with it

they had multiple storybook comebacks in games, they swept the healthy defending champions and made them their bitches while they were at it, they Beat The Heat ... beating the Thunder and KD, a team everyone including LA was scared shitless of, is basically overlooked in the shadow of those two things

there's really nothing the detractors can say considering the teams they beat

and that's not even counting Dirk personally overcoming the choker label, one of the more epic moments in sports tbh

mavs deserve some perma-props

Blake
07-08-2011, 03:58 PM

could be.

I wonder how the 07 Warriors would do against the 2011 Mavs.

My guess would be a severe wrecking of those Mavs in a similar manner.

Blake
07-08-2011, 04:00 PM
2011 mavs are truly one of the best title teams ever, probably in the top 15-20 range all-time

probably not

z0sa
07-08-2011, 04:36 PM
probably not

on paper, i'd agree

i addressed such in my post

but that's why you play the game, and in my opinion, you're wrong

mouse
07-09-2011, 04:51 PM
Sig of the month award goes to 4>0rings :tu

TJastal
07-10-2011, 07:17 AM
mouse vs koriwhat

interesting sideshow going on lol

vander
07-10-2011, 07:47 AM
Mark Cuban did not get a title, his team did. Players and only players win titles, coaches and owners do their best to put their respective teams in the best possible position to win...for that, Cuban deserves much credit.

owners win titles. well, in football and other sports, owners win titles. in basketball there have been 2 players that would have taken any team or owner to a title, and beyond that, most titles in the NBA were won by the big market teams (BOS/LA), but with money equal and no MJ/TD, superior owners win, the players are interchangeable.

this title was won by Mark Cuban, if Dirk never existed, Cuban still gets one or more by now.

Spurs and Mavs fan
07-10-2011, 11:15 AM
The thread title is confusing, considering that Cuban just won one.

Horse
07-11-2011, 12:51 PM
yeah, spursfan really need to stop the hate now

2011 mavs are truly one of the best title teams ever, probably in the top 15-20 range all-time (guesstimation, too young personally to really make an accurate judgment)

this isn't based on their roster on paper, it's based on the physical proof of what they actually did with it

they had multiple storybook comebacks in games, they swept the healthy defending champions and made them their bitches while they were at it, they Beat The Heat ... beating the Thunder and KD, a team everyone including LA was scared shitless of, is basically overlooked in the shadow of those two things

there's really nothing the detractors can say considering the teams they beat

and that's not even counting Dirk personally overcoming the choker label, one of the more epic moments in sports tbh

mavs deserve some perma-props
Ok this is a joke right? Hahahaha you really got me. I give them their credit but la somehow got old overnight and the story is no dirk overcoming being a choker. The story is dallas being fortunate to play agian the new dirk......... lechoke james!

spursfan1000
07-11-2011, 02:59 PM
I give a lot of credit to Marc Cuban for building this team, not too often does a small market team win a championship, and also more credit for him keeping his mouth shut during the playoffs last season.

ivanfromwestwood
07-11-2011, 05:46 PM
and also more credit for him keeping his mouth shut during the playoffs last season. no shit right. i didnt even notice. lol

DieHardSpursFan1537
07-12-2011, 10:20 PM
Well looks like he did.

BadOne
07-17-2011, 01:41 AM
I give a lot of credit to Marc Cuban for building this team, not too often does a small market team win a championship, and also more credit for him keeping his mouth shut during the playoffs last season.

Dallas is small market???:wow

mavsfan1000
07-17-2011, 02:04 AM
Ub14_iNzt9w lol Ryan Parker.

mystargtr34
07-17-2011, 02:54 AM
Hes obviously a classless douche.. but his team did win a championship.

DMX7
07-17-2011, 03:23 AM
Because we're so classy, our titles count for more. They're equal to 5 or 6 titles relative to the Mavericks' titles.

mavsfan1000
07-17-2011, 01:41 PM
Because we're so classy, our titles count for more. They're equal to 5 or 6 titles relative to the Mavericks' titles.
:lol