PDA

View Full Version : Leonardo DiCaprio is the best damn actor in Hollywood right now

fevertrees
07-04-2011, 03:19 AM
Fuck all you Johnny Depp nuthuggers...Leo got the film game on LOCK and will get those awards soon. :king

TE
07-04-2011, 03:20 AM
Right now?

Ehh maybe.

fevertrees
07-04-2011, 03:30 AM
Right now?

Ehh maybe.

Name someone else who is constantly dropping fire like him?

ynh
07-04-2011, 04:29 AM
Name someone else who is constantly dropping fire like him?

Daniel Day Lewis is much better.. though I do like Leo. He's probably top 5 for me but not best.

BRHornet45
07-04-2011, 05:29 AM
Daniel Day Lewis is a good actor AT BEST, but is ridiculously overrated by the academy simply because he is from England.

The Academy always favors foreign actors/actresses no matter what. If Tom Green was born in England then they probably would have nominated him for an Oscar for his lead role in "Freddy Got Fingered" ... hell he may have even won.

bottom line ... Daniel Day Lewis is fucking overrated

Cane
07-04-2011, 09:41 AM
Maybe but tbh DiCaprio's been on autopilot for a while now especially that Inception performance. It seems like he plays the same damn character in all of his recent movies. That upcoming Tarantino flick where he plays a brutal plantation slave owner should be fun though.

ashbeeigh
07-04-2011, 10:10 AM
I've been saying this since Romeo and Juliet. Duhhhh.

CuckingFunt
07-04-2011, 10:39 AM
I think DiCaprio is very talented, but he has been getting a little one-note lately. He wasn't even the most interesting actor in Inception.

Monostradamus
07-04-2011, 06:07 PM
He wasn't even the most interesting actor in Inception.

True, but that's usually the case with the lead actor in any big budget action movie. The lead is the foundation that holds the movie together, but the supporting cast, villains, and action sequences are what drive it.

Isitjustme?
07-04-2011, 06:13 PM
True, but that's usually the case with the lead actor in any big budget action movie. The lead is the foundation that holds the movie together, but the supporting cast, villains, and action sequences are what drive it.

tbh I remember watching an old Siskel and Ebert video on youtube and they were saying the same thing basically but that it was actually hard to play the lead in those kind of movies. Thats why they thought those Oscar voters undervalued Harrison Ford in particular because they thought what he was doing was easy but Siskel and Ebert felt he just made it look easy.

Monostradamus
07-04-2011, 06:16 PM
tbh I remember watching an old Siskel and Ebert video on youtube and they were saying the same thing basically but that it was actually hard to play the lead in those kind of movies. Thats why they thought those Oscar voters undervalued Harrison Ford in particular because they thought what he was doing was easy but Siskel and Ebert felt he just made it look easy.

:tu tbh as I wrote my post, I was thinking of an instance where the lead in an action movie was the most compelling character, and the Indiana Jones trilogy was the only one that really came to mind.

Scrub
07-04-2011, 06:17 PM
tbh Leo is gettin better but there are better actors than him...jeff bridges, de niro,john malkovich,vincent cassell, clive owen, javier bardem...

Oh, Gee!!
07-05-2011, 12:32 AM
leo is the shit for this generation srly watch inception and shutter island, dude is gifted fo sho

Sisk
07-05-2011, 01:09 AM
Leonardo DiCaprio is a badass.

http://www.engagements.ca/leobar.jpg

GoodOdor
07-05-2011, 01:28 AM
Isn't he banging blake lively now?

mrsmaalox
07-05-2011, 10:27 AM
The number of DiCaprio threads guys start around here is reaching Megan Fox levels.

His characters lately have been a bit too familiar, probably due to profit hungry film release date management. But he's definitely one of the current greats.

Cane
07-05-2011, 10:33 AM
tbh Leo is gettin better but there are better actors than him...jeff bridges, de niro,john malkovich,vincent cassell, clive owen, javier bardem...

Tbh Christian Bale deserves to be up there after The Fighter :wow

Viva Las Espuelas
07-05-2011, 12:13 PM
Best? Great? Eh. I don't know. I just see the same character in every movie he's done lately. I could barely stand his character in shutter island. That was a pretty unbearable voice he used during that flick. He's more pop art to me.

Hungry farmer
07-05-2011, 12:15 PM
Leo will get his dues later in life.

SpursStalker
07-05-2011, 12:19 PM
:lol

You must not watch alot of movies ...

Leonardo DiCaprio is crap!

Pick of Destiny
07-05-2011, 12:29 PM
Leo hasn't even peaked as an actor.

JudynTX