PDA

View Full Version : Former Spur Mahinmi takes shot at Lakers' Bryant

Kindergarten Cop
07-05-2011, 01:34 PM
Former Spur Mahinmi takes shot at Lakers' Bryant

Written by Jeff Garcia | 05 July 2011

Let's face it, Los Angeles Lakers' Kobe Bryant isn't well liked among San Antonio Spurs fans.

From his smug attitude, ability to hit that key shot over the Spurs during the Spurs-Lakers rivalry, and his "all about me" attitude, off-the-court incidents, Bryant hasn't endeared himself to many Spurs fans.

Well former Spurs player Ian Mahinmi echoed those sentiments recently when he called Bryant arrogant:

"Kobe is super arrogant but everyone loves him. To me, Kobe is arrogant."

Perhaps Mahinmi was just stating the obvious but indeed Bryant does have this reputation among fans and perhaps a few NBA players such as Mahinmi.

For as much as Bryant has done during his NBA career, one has to wonder if this reputation will haunt his pro-career when it comes to an end.

Although Mahinmi may be playing for the Spurs' interstate rival Dallas Mavericks, I'm sure Spurs fans would agree with Mahinmi on his comments on Bryant.

http://www.projectspurs.com/

MODS - I apologize in advance if this was posted in the wrong forum/thread/etc.

dirk4mvp
07-05-2011, 01:35 PM
great article and thread, I'm glad you posted it.

Blake
07-05-2011, 01:38 PM
Mahinimi has no class

Isitjustme?
07-05-2011, 01:40 PM
Mahinimi has no class

Been hangin around dem Mavs too much.

Is this true though? I mean is there a chance Kobe Bryant might be like a little arrogant?

Blake
07-05-2011, 01:44 PM
Been hangin around dem Mavs too much.

Is this true though? I mean is there a chance Kobe Bryant might be like a little arrogant?

Kobe is very arrogant.

Not really a bad thing, imo.

Isitjustme?
07-05-2011, 01:46 PM
Kobe is very arrogant.

Wow. How am I just now finding this out?

Thank God for Ian Mahinmi.

cheguevara
07-05-2011, 01:50 PM
who doesn't take shots at Bryant these days?

Blake
07-05-2011, 01:59 PM
Wow. How am I just now finding this out?

Thank God for Ian Mahinmi.

Mahinmi has no class.

you should thank God for the OP.

Isitjustme?
07-05-2011, 02:01 PM
Mahinmi has no class.

you should thank God for the OP.

Well if we're gonna get technical, I'm an atheist so I shouldn't be thanking an imaginary daddy figure for anything.

jag
07-05-2011, 02:06 PM
2011 NBA Rings:

Kobe - 0
Mahinmi - 1

djohn2oo8
07-05-2011, 02:14 PM
Not really much of a shot, he's just stating the obvious. Taking shots at someone means talking about their weaknesses or something out of bounds

baseline bum
07-05-2011, 02:22 PM
Jordan's arrogance doesn't harm his legacy. Bird was even worse, and he is still rightfully regarded as one of the top 5 players all-time.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-05-2011, 02:30 PM
Just like Mahinmi's comments won't ruin his legacy. The Mahinmi era is here, people. This year was just the first step.

Killakobe81
07-05-2011, 03:04 PM
Whether we want to admit or not or if they are classy or not Pop... would not allow such loose talk ...

Mavs have become very "mouthy" and they have won so they have earned the right. TBH I dont even think what he said was bad, kobe IS arrogant.

But i think the Mavs by having Marion, stevenson, chandlet Jet and Stevenson run their mouths ....I think all of the "whole country is rooting for us" ...sentiment will die. So they should be careful if that matters ...if it does not, then keep on "woofing" ...me personally? I love trash talk when you can back it up like the Mavs did ...

However Mahinmi? LOL

namlook
07-05-2011, 03:08 PM
Jordan's arrogance doesn't harm his legacy. Bird was even worse....

Arrogance never harms a great player's legacy. If anything it enhances it a little bit. You've got to have arrogance to be great. A player like Dirk has it but he keeps it more under wraps for whatever his personal reasons are. Is it really a news story if a scrub thinks someone has more of it than someone else. They all have it. Are we measuring percentages now?

Kindergarten Cop
07-05-2011, 03:11 PM
The original source of Ian's quote appear to have come out of an interview (in French) on BasketUSA.com - where it somewhat appears as if he is defending LeBron. The interviewer asks if LeBron is the most arrogant player and Ian says that it is actually Kobe that is the most arrogant, but people still love him in spite of it.

http://www.basketusa.com/news/73930/ian-mahinmi-kobe-bryant-est-plus-arrogant-que-lebron-james/

hehateme
07-05-2011, 03:17 PM
As much as I like Mahinmi's tenacity play wise this thread title made me think he took some nice pot shots at Kobe but eventually fouled out in the process.

Amaso
07-05-2011, 03:37 PM
This is a BS article, Kobe isn't arrogant.

joshdaboss
07-05-2011, 03:56 PM
This isn't a big deal, he's stating the obvious. He should have said something about him being overrated as well, though.

jimo2305
07-05-2011, 03:56 PM
lol @ taking one sentence out of an interview.. for all i know.. the interviewer could've asked.. 'hey ian.. do you think kobe is arrogant?'

vato loco
07-05-2011, 04:01 PM
who is mahimi?

Fabbs
07-05-2011, 04:29 PM
The original source of Ian's quote appear to have come out of an interview (in French) on BasketUSA.com - where it somewhat appears as if he is defending LeBron. The interviewer asks if LeBron is the most arrogant player and Ian says that it is actually Kobe that is the most arrogant, but people still love him in spite of it.

http://www.basketusa.com/news/73930/ian-mahinmi-kobe-bryant-est-plus-arrogant-que-lebron-james/
mega props, i was gonna ask what the context was.

Jodelo
07-05-2011, 05:22 PM
who is mahimi?

No one knows who Mahimi is i believe... :rolleyes

dunkman
07-05-2011, 05:26 PM
Before losing relevance, Pop used to respect Kobe. Not sure about the rest of the Spurs, though.

DMC
07-05-2011, 06:07 PM
Pop publicly respected Kobe.

TheMACHINE
07-05-2011, 08:10 PM
sucks to be arrogant with no rings...arrogance with 5 rings gets a pass.

TDMVPDPOY
07-05-2011, 08:19 PM
its fkn bs how every scrub athlete after winning who didnt contribute shit all, gets to open their mouths and regurgitate shit thats already been said on forums :D

Kindergarten Cop
07-05-2011, 08:39 PM
lol @ taking one sentence out of an interview.. for all i know.. the interviewer could've asked.. 'hey ian.. do you think kobe is arrogant?'

4 posts up:

Axe Murderer
07-05-2011, 10:53 PM
very good read

thanks for posting

Koolaid_Man
07-05-2011, 11:21 PM
who is mahimi?

Mahimi is that new sauce for taco's at Taco Bell...

Dunc n Dave
07-05-2011, 11:22 PM
Whether we want to admit or not or if they are classy or not Pop... would not allow such loose talk ...

Mavs have become very "mouthy" and they have won so they have earned the right. TBH I dont even think what he said was bad, kobe IS arrogant.

But i think the Mavs by having Marion, stevenson, chandlet Jet and Stevenson run their mouths ....I think all of the "whole country is rooting for us" ...sentiment will die. So they should be careful if that matters ...if it does not, then keep on "woofing" ...me personally? I love trash talk when you can back it up like the Mavs did ...

However Mahinmi? LOL

this:tu

DirkDoesWork
07-05-2011, 11:44 PM
Just like Mahinmi's comments won't ruin his legacy. The Mahinmi era is here, people. This year was just the first step.

2011 Ian Mahinmi = 2003 Finals Duncan