PDA

View Full Version : I'm a Pistons fans and NO EXCUSES

GuaranSHEED36
06-12-2005, 01:29 AM
I've been a pistons fans for the longest time and I honestly am sick of pistons fans these days. They're all a bunch of bandwagon fans... 3 years ago no one gave a sh!t about the pistons but when they go to the finals everyone claims they've always loved them and they start to show support but when we start losing everyone bashes them and talks about a player sucking. For example, RIP hamilton led us throughout the playoffs last year coming up huge game by game and anytime he has a bad game now people tend to forget how crucial he is to our team and they talk about how horrible he is. Most importantly, I'm sick of hearing about the refs and flopping. Ok so what if ginobili or whoever you wanna say flopped 3 or 4 times... if the ref makes the call the other way is it REALLY gonna change the outcome of the game. The pistons simply got outplayed and the spurs wanted it more in the 2nd half. Enough said and I respect the majority of Spurs fans because of how loyal they are and their not ignorant or arrogant like many so called "pistons fans".

Game 2 is a must win
Go Pistons

LilMissSPURfect
06-12-2005, 01:33 AM
cool.

SouthernFried
06-12-2005, 01:35 AM
Hey, every team has fans like that.

Just wait 'till Spurs lose one...Nostrodamus would be proud of the end of the world scenarios you'll see.

Pistons have good fans and bad ones...we've seen them both here. I do worry a little about going to Detroit tho. I even heard they had a ton of fights the other night at the Palace when the fans got upset watching the team on the Big Screen lose. I also remember fans harassing LA last year in their hotels.

I hope it's misplaced, cuz I like the players on the team. And I know most fans up there are good...but, it does seem like they have more than a fair share of bad ones too.

Good luck in game 2!

ZStomp
06-12-2005, 02:11 AM
I've been a pistons fans for the longest time and I honestly am sick of pistons fans these days. They're all a bunch of bandwagon fans... 3 years ago no one gave a sh!t about the pistons but when they go to the finals everyone claims they've always loved them and they start to show support but when we start losing everyone bashes them and talks about a player sucking. For example, RIP hamilton led us throughout the playoffs last year coming up huge game by game and anytime he has a bad game now people tend to forget how crucial he is to our team and they talk about how horrible he is. Most importantly, I'm sick of hearing about the refs and flopping. Ok so what if ginobili or whoever you wanna say flopped 3 or 4 times... if the ref makes the call the other way is it REALLY gonna change the outcome of the game. The pistons simply got outplayed and the spurs wanted it more in the 2nd half. Enough said and I respect the majority of Spurs fans because of how loyal they are and their not ignorant or arrogant like many so called "pistons fans".

Game 2 is a must win
Go Pistons

Wait until the Spurs lose again...come back in here and you'll swear you would think it was the end of the world.

POSER FANS.

dcole50
06-12-2005, 02:25 AM
yeah, every team that starts winning has them.

not just in basketball ... look at how the red sox fanbase has quadrupled. it was obviously huge already but now it's overlowing with, uh, "new" fans.

word
06-12-2005, 02:28 AM
Ahhh the 'fan litmus test'.

Hey a fan is a fan for reasons of their own just as legit as your own.

What are you, the fan police ?

Personally, I'm a fan of the teams where I live. Hey if players can move around, why can't fans ?

With that said, yeah, game two is a must win AND you're NOT gonna win that game or this series.

Spurs are too deep...too many weapons at their disposal.

mavsfan1000
06-12-2005, 02:28 AM
I can see how alot of people like the Pistons. They play an unselfish kind of game with everyone sharing the ball. They don't have any superstar egos and they play hard. Unfortunately their bench is not quite as good as last year and whenever there is foul trouble than the bench will be needed.

dcole50
06-12-2005, 02:41 AM
Ahhh the 'fan litmus test'.

Hey a fan is a fan for reasons of their own just as legit as your own.

What are you, the fan police ?

well, it is annoying when someone jumps from team to team just because those teams are winning. then, when those fans complain about flopping and fixed games and other nonsense .. well, it's just too much for me to handle.

mavsfan1000
06-12-2005, 02:44 AM
Why are spurs fans any different? I'm sure there are bandwagon fans for any team that wins the championship. The worst ones were the Laker fans.

dcole50
06-12-2005, 02:46 AM
i'm very aware of that ...

yeah, every team that starts winning has them.

the spurs have plenty

word
06-12-2005, 03:20 AM
i'm very aware of that ...

the spurs have plenty

Not really. The Spurs aren't a popular team. They are about to be though because:

A: They are about to win their 3rd title.
B: Manu is about to go nationwide for reason 'c'.
C: Spurs ain't goin' away. They'll be right here next year because of reason 'd' and Madison Avenue knows it. Manu is marketable.
D: Before TD was hurt and missed 12 games, then was hurt again and missed 6 more, then Manu was hurt,the Spurs were on track to win 68 games, making them one of the top 10 records of all time in the NBA. Spurs have staying power. They aren't a fluke by any means.

Bottom line is, the Spurs are one of the best teams the NBA has ever seen and they aren't going away. Next year, same team, same thing.

Barring disaster ( injury ), the title is theirs to lose.

Sense
06-12-2005, 03:20 AM

Game 2 is a must win
Go Pistons

I agree....

jochhejaam
06-12-2005, 06:40 AM

Game 2 is a must win
Go Pistons

I don't mind bandwagon fans but I do mind all the whinin'. If I never hear the word "flop" again that would be fine with me. I'm a true-blue pistons fan startin' in the mid 60's and wouldn't dream of switching allegiances. No excuses from game 1, we got beat and hopefully we'll win tonight! :king

ALVAREZ6
06-12-2005, 07:01 AM
Bottom line is, the Spurs are one of the best teams the NBA has ever seen and they aren't going away. Next year, same team, same thing.

Barring disaster ( injury ), the title is theirs to lose.
word.

No reason to not continue the title run next year. That LOB trophy should be ours for a couple more seasons.

myhc
06-12-2005, 08:19 AM

Game 2 is a must win
Go Pistons

Oh you ain't seen NOTHING yet. If we lose tonight, its gonna be hell and brimstone on the board.

PistonsNation
06-12-2005, 08:39 AM
GuaranSHEED36 sounds like you're a huge Pistons fan *sarcastic*. Everyone knows people are gonna root for a team that wins and kick it when it's down and claim they seen it coming. It's like that everywhere and there's no use making threads calling those fans out, you just make fans of our team look bad.

JamStone
06-12-2005, 09:48 AM
Man, how predictable is it to see a fan say "I've been a fan for decades and I hate these bandwagon fans?"

Ummmm, did you expect the fan base to be the biggest when the Pistons weren't even making the playoffs? Come on, man. Of course there will be more fans when a team wins. Of course, there are bandwagon fans. That's part of professional sports.

Someone shouldn't have to give out a resume in order to prove how loyal a fan they are. Someone shouldn't have to show they've been a fan for a number of years for them to be allowed to root for a team.

Feeling bad when your team loses, complaining about officiating, hoping that your team wins ... they're all part of the game from the fan's perspective. It's fine if as a fan you want to say "no excuses" and give credit to the other team. But, relax on the criticism of other fans. You make yourself look like a bad fan in your own right.

ducks
06-12-2005, 11:21 AM
spurs have some bandwagnor fans but they have been good so long it will be intersting who stays with them when this current starting five is retired

SpurYank
06-12-2005, 02:58 PM
If I were a fan of some other NBA team, I'd be worried. The Spurs are a young team. They have Europe's best # 3 or #4 probably coming to play here next year. Nazr will get better with time on this team. Looks to me like they could win it all 3, or maybe 4 or 5 times in the next 6 or 7 years, before Duncan retires.

Can you say DYNASTY!

B.AlMighty
06-12-2005, 03:03 PM
The future looks very bright for the Spurs not to mention the fact that they are now the franchise players want to play for.

TOP-CHERRY
06-12-2005, 03:04 PM
Man, how predictable is it to see a fan say "I've been a fan for decades and I hate these bandwagon fans?"

Ummmm, did you expect the fan base to be the biggest when the Pistons weren't even making the playoffs? Come on, man. Of course there will be more fans when a team wins. Of course, there are bandwagon fans. That's part of professional sports.

Someone shouldn't have to give out a resume in order to prove how loyal a fan they are. Someone shouldn't have to show they've been a fan for a number of years for them to be allowed to root for a team.

Feeling bad when your team loses, complaining about officiating, hoping that your team wins ... they're all part of the game from the fan's perspective. It's fine if as a fan you want to say "no excuses" and give credit to the other team. But, relax on the criticism of other fans. You make yourself look like a bad fan in your own right.

Exactly. It's better to have bandwagon fans as stupid as they are, than to have your team win championships and have a tiny fanbase of "loyal" fans.

Besides, bandwagon fans are always the most wild, anyway. :lol

TOP-CHERRY
06-12-2005, 03:06 PM
Can you say DYNASTY!

DYNASTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;)

mavsfan1000
06-12-2005, 03:08 PM
At least bandwagon fans are more normal. Some of these loyal fans are a little bit on the crazy side. They are there even if the team sucks and I can't imagine rooting for a team that sucks for years.

ShoogarBear
06-12-2005, 03:09 PM
Game two is huge.

If the Spurs lose it, I will be worried about this series.

I promise I won't be blaming it on the refs.

Doesn't make me a bandwagon fan.

TOP-CHERRY
06-12-2005, 03:13 PM
I can't imagine rooting for a team that sucks for years.

So you're a new Mavs fan? ;)

mavsfan1000
06-12-2005, 03:21 PM
I root for teams that give me a reason to like them. I live in the Texas area so I am not straying from them. I would pick being a bandwagon fan over being loyal fan any day. Most of you spurs fans would agree.

TOP-CHERRY
06-12-2005, 03:25 PM
Most of you spurs fans would agree.

Nah... If the Spurs ever become the Hawks, I'd still watch NBA games, but never would I switch teams. Our boys are like family here. No matter how good or bad they are.

mavsfan1000
06-12-2005, 03:32 PM
You can tell by all the Hawk fans that go to games and their popularity to San Antonio. They have to drop the ticket prices so people will go to the games. I'm sure people would stick it out.

Sportcamper
06-12-2005, 04:24 PM
GuaranSHEED36 Quote:I'm a Pistons fans and NO EXCUSES

1-MICHAEL JORDAN AGAINST MAGIC JOHNSON 8X10...
2-Kobe Bryant Shaquille O’Neal feel the love photo...
3-Lakers 3-Peat Jacket! (Don’t Miss Out)....

Click here to see GuaranSHEED36 other E BAY Auctions... :lol