PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Football 12

JayTheClown
07-06-2011, 02:19 PM
Anyone getting this? I haven't bought or played this game in like 4-5 years but for some reason thinking of getting it this year. Is it worth it?

CubanSucks
07-06-2011, 02:32 PM
if you haven't played it in 4-5 years then don't bother. I think it was the 07 game that completely lost me as a fan. It went from level 2 to level 9 on the complication scale and the animation for when they move is fucking goofy. I still had friends that had no problem with it but I fucking hated it

Spursfan092120
07-06-2011, 08:22 PM
I'm on it...got the demo, and it caught me right away. Much smoother movement...momentum comes into effect when it comes to tackling..and that was the demo..really pumped to see the finished version...counting down the days till Tuesday.

IronMexican
07-06-2011, 08:50 PM
I'll be on it. Planning on re-upping my gold, too. Don't think I've been on my 360 in over two months.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-06-2011, 08:54 PM
I'm getting it the day it comes out. NCAA has been WAY better than madden the last few years, and based on the demo I expect more of the same. Dynasty mode also seems more challenging as you have to start out as a coordinator and earn a head coaching job.

JayTheClown
07-06-2011, 09:09 PM
I'm getting it the day it comes out. NCAA has been WAY better than madden the last few years, and based on the demo I expect more of the same. Dynasty mode also seems more challenging as you have to start out as a coordinator and earn a head coaching job.

Really?:wow

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-06-2011, 09:16 PM
Yeah, you start off as a coordinator and only play on the side you're coordinator of.

It's gonna be frustrating as hell losing games 0-3 as the defensive coordinator or 42-49 as an offensive coordinator :lol

IronMexican
07-06-2011, 09:18 PM
I'm sure it will be an option you can choose. I doubt they'd not let you be the coach if you don't want to play as a coordinator first.

Monostradamus
07-06-2011, 09:32 PM
NCAA has been WAY better than madden the last few years

Oh fuck yes that's the truth. I don't get how anybody likes madden over NCAA, except that there's actual player names and pro teams.

Seriously, Madden would be great if they scrapped everything and just copied the exact same engine as NCAA Football, and made whatever clerical changes are needed to make it the NFL instead of college. Legend Mode in NCAA is so far superior to Superstar Mode in Madden that it's not even funny.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-06-2011, 09:35 PM
given that finding downloadable rosters with actual names takes about 2 minutes with google, the actual player names argument madden people love to use doesn't fly anymore.

Madden the last few years has had extremely choppy game play and has gotten worse since madden 06. Meanwhile, it seems like NCAA's gameplay gets smoother every year.

IronMexican
07-06-2011, 09:38 PM
I really thought they were getting there in Madden 10, and that 11 would be better, but besides sideline catches, I can't think of anything they improved on. 09 and 08 were the low points of that franchise, though.

NCAA 11 wasn't much fun to me, either.

dirk4mvp
07-06-2011, 10:15 PM
I'm on it...got the demo, and it caught me right away. Much smoother movement...momentum comes into effect when it comes to tackling..and that was the demo..really pumped to see the finished version...counting down the days till Tuesday.

be honest, you haven't used any team besides Texas in the demo have you?

dirk4mvp
07-06-2011, 10:16 PM
btw I don't know how Old Piss acquired a B+ rating when they don't even have a starting QB right now but whatevs :smokin

Monostradamus
07-06-2011, 10:18 PM
btw I don't know how Old Piss acquired a B+ rating when they don't even have a starting QB right now but whatevs :smokin

Hogs gonna send them to the tree of woe this year imho.

dirk4mvp
07-06-2011, 10:20 PM
arKansas (lol college forum smack) is gonna be some swole scros on de game, imo.

Trill Clinton
07-06-2011, 10:26 PM

All of this.

I havent purchased ncaa in a while but the demo was surprisingly good. It still feels like a "kiddy" game because you can score at will. I guess thats just the way the franchise is.

Spursfan092120
07-06-2011, 10:41 PM
I'll be on it. Planning on re-upping my gold, too. Don't think I've been on my 360 in over two months.

We need to get rolling with NCAA or Madden...my internet's been giving me issues..cutting out and shit, but I'm gonna try to get it taken care of quickly..maybe try a new router.

Spursfan092120
07-06-2011, 10:42 PM
be honest, you haven't used any team besides Texas in the demo have you?

There's only 4 teams in the demo, and actually, I played it twice..once with UT, and once with Oregon against UT...gonna try FSU in a minute.

Spursfan092120
07-06-2011, 10:43 PM
NCAA has been WAY better than madden the last few years

yup

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-06-2011, 10:46 PM
Get a cisco linksys, I've had the same one for 3 years and it still works great even after 2 moves and being dropped several times.

JayTheClown
07-06-2011, 10:47 PM
All of this.

I havent purchased ncaa in a while but the demo was surprisingly good. It still feels like a "kiddy" game because you can score at will. I guess thats just the way the franchise is.

Its kinda how college football is in general right? Alot of high scores?

Spursfan092120
07-06-2011, 10:47 PM
Get a cisco linksys, I've had the same one for 3 years and it still works great even after 2 moves and being dropped several times.
G or N Series?

Spursfan092120
07-06-2011, 10:49 PM
Its kinda how college football is in general right? Alot of high scores?

I honestly think they've stepped it up on the defense...they made the ai a lot better when it comes to DB's and Safeties..they really seem to go after people. I had a play where I picked a cover three zone and a ball was thrown out of one of my guy's zone, and he left the zone to get the pick. I was impressed.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-06-2011, 10:52 PM
given that finding downloadable rosters with actual names takes about 2 minutes with google, the actual player names argument madden people love to use doesn't fly anymore.

Madden the last few years has had extremely choppy game play and has gotten worse since madden 06. Meanwhile, it seems like NCAA's gameplay gets smoother every year.

G or N Series?
No idea, just know it was incredibly easy to set up the first time and you don't have to re-set it up if you move and have a new modem.

Spursfan092120
07-06-2011, 10:54 PM
No idea, just know it was incredibly easy to set up the first time and you don't have to re-set it up if you move and have a new modem.

Hmm....yeah, I've heard good things about the linksys...I've always used Netgear, but I've had this one for a year and it's already acting up..pissing me off.

rr2418
07-07-2011, 12:03 AM
All of this.

Is there still a difficulty level in the game? Maybe you had on "easy mode". Bump it up to heisman level or whatever they call the hardest level!

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-07-2011, 12:07 AM
Yeah, heisman level seems to be a lot better this year as it was too easy in '10 and '11. I can't whore the big formation TE cross route play like I used to, the defenses' zone coverage in heisman difficulty is much improved. You have to time your passes well and you can't lock into one receiver who you knew would always be open running a certain route. You also have to mix in running plays. If you let the defense drop 8 into coverage on heisman difficulty, no one is open.