PDA

View Full Version : Star Trek: untitled

Wild Cobra
07-06-2011, 02:41 PM
Came across this searching for other stuff:

Untitled Star Trek Sequel (2012) (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1408101/)

Very little news I found on it except it appears it won't make it's June 29 2012 release date.

Thoughts?

JoeChalupa
07-06-2011, 02:49 PM
Give me the old school Trek any day. Sounds interesting though but this another series that needs to be put to bed.

CubanMustGo
07-06-2011, 02:56 PM
This is a decent collection of rumors and updates:

http://trekmovie.com/category/startrek12/

MannyIsGod
07-06-2011, 02:58 PM
Give me the old school Trek any day. Sounds interesting though but this another series that needs to be put to bed.

What? Did you not see the last Star Trek? No way this needs to be put to bed.

desflood
07-06-2011, 03:03 PM
Sounds interesting though but this another series that needs to be put to bed.
Oh, no sir. No no no no no. That last movie was badass. Doesn't matter if the sequel comes out next year or ten years from now, I'll be first in line to see it.

JoeChalupa
07-06-2011, 03:03 PM
What? Did you not see the last Star Trek? No way this needs to be put to bed.

I sure did and it was okay but the old characters were better, IMO. You are just part of the new generation. And yes, if there was not another ST movie it wouldn't bother me at all. But hey that is just me.

JoeChalupa
07-06-2011, 03:05 PM
Oh, no sir. No no no no no. That last movie was badass. Doesn't matter if the sequel comes out next year or ten years from now, I'll be first in line to see it.

I'll RedBox it but I'm not all hyped up about it.

MannyIsGod
07-06-2011, 03:05 PM

:tu

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-06-2011, 03:10 PM
IIRC Wrath of Khan was the second in the original film series, and IMHO it remains the best of the bunch. The most recent one showed enough to build on that I think they've got a believable shot at matching it or even clearing that benchmark.

McCoy
07-06-2011, 03:17 PM
Damn it!! I'm a Doctor not a movie critic!

Wild Cobra
07-06-2011, 03:42 PM
I had a hard time with the movie at first. Changing the timeline. But then, I grew to like the idea that we already know what other aliens are like, but all the situations can change. I look forward to the movie, and hopefully a new series.

DMC
07-06-2011, 04:59 PM
You just have to get used to the new ones. You accepted Picard no doubt, even though at first you were like "Kirrrrrrrrk.... Kirrrrrrrrrk"

CubanMustGo
07-06-2011, 07:47 PM
I sure did and it was okay but the old characters were better, IMO. You are just part of the new generation. And yes, if there was not another ST movie it wouldn't bother me at all. But hey that is just me.

I'm no part of any 'new generation' but everything - the acting, the FX, the story - made ST 11 superior to any of its predecessors, with the possible exceptions of Wrath of Khan and maybe ST IV. I like how they showed respect to the original franchise while giving things a new twist. There's plenty of life left in the old franchise, Jim.

Plus the new Uhura is freakin' smoking hot. :hungry: :drool: :eyebrows

Kai
07-06-2011, 08:20 PM
Word on the street is that Abrams struggled with deciding on a plot with a villain (like Kahn or Nero) or have the crew on the Enterprise face something unknown/nature itself. There were plenty of examples of both scenarios in TOS.

Strike
07-06-2011, 08:40 PM

I'm sure it's just a generational thing. Like how I grew up watching the reruns in the early 80's, saw nearly every movie in the theatre and yet I think ST 11 is a great movie and a great way to keep the franchise alive. But I guess it's just a generational thing. :sleep

tlongII
07-06-2011, 08:43 PM
I'm looking forward to it. The last one was terrific! :tu

rr2418
07-07-2011, 12:15 AM

I'm 45+ and yeah I think I'll always prefer the original Star Trek crew. That being said, I thought the last ST movie was good and will probably see the next one. Heck, I'll probably go see a new Star Wars Trilogy if there ever was one!! :lol

Trainwreck2100
07-07-2011, 02:10 AM
lol using imdb as a source

Wild Cobra
07-07-2011, 10:52 AM
lol using imdb as a source
It wasn't my source, but is a convenient link. I like IMDB. I don't expect a twisted woman abuser like you to like anything a rational person does though.

Your videos in you sig and avatar are disturbing.

Trainwreck2100
07-07-2011, 01:33 PM
It wasn't my source, but is a convenient link. I like IMDB. I don't expect a twisted woman abuser like you to like anything a rational person does though.

Your videos in you sig and avatar are disturbing.
you said

Came across this searching for other stuff
then posted it, if that wasn't your source then what did you come across? and why did you say the link was what you came across? Anyone who follows movies, like myself, knows imdb is a shit source for movies that haven't started filming let alone those without a script. But we all know you can't search the internet for shit anyway.

Wild Cobra
07-07-2011, 06:21 PM
you said

then posted it, if that wasn't your source then what did you come across? and why did you say the link was what you came across? Anyone who follows movies, like myself, knows imdb is a shit source for movies that haven't started filming let alone those without a script. But we all know you can't search the internet for shit anyway.
It doesn't matter. I found the story, did several searches for facts including YouTube, and posted the IMDB link. I posted IMDB because they are usually pretty much up to date.

Why are you so worried about something so petty?

Trainwreck2100
07-08-2011, 01:15 AM
It doesn't matter. I found the story, did several searches for facts including YouTube, and posted the IMDB link. I posted IMDB because they are usually pretty much up to date.

Why are you so worried about something so petty?

You're the one who started with the name calling so dont ask me about worrying about something petty. Also lol looking at youtube for a movie that isn't even filming yet. Hope you enjoyed the shitty trekkie ovas

Wild Cobra
07-08-2011, 11:09 AM
You're the one who started with the name calling so dont ask me about worrying about something petty. Also lol looking at youtube for a movie that isn't even filming yet. Hope you enjoyed the shitty trekkie ovas
I've mentioned this before. The video's you post...

You are one sick puppy.

Prime1
07-08-2011, 06:05 PM
I wasn't a big fan of the last Star Trek movie. I didn't like how they made it so you could teleport anywhere at any time. The original series had the explanation that you could teleport only under certain circumstances for logical reasons (ie there would be no need for ships in certain scenarios if teleporting didn't have restrictions), but I'm ready to give this one a chance.

Trainwreck2100
07-08-2011, 07:32 PM
I've mentioned this before. The video's you post...

You are one sick puppy.

why are you worried about something so petty?

Darius McCrary
07-08-2011, 07:50 PM
should be pretty cool. only requirement is a good storyline....there are so many st movies already, they need to dig deep to find a good hook. but the actors they have are awesome now.

Wild Cobra
07-08-2011, 09:27 PM
why are you worried about something so petty?
You obviously have no respect for women. You are one of the few types I would be willing to off.

Trainwreck2100
07-08-2011, 10:53 PM
You obviously have no respect for women. You are one of the few types I would be willing to off.

You obviously have no respect for minorities. You are one of the few I'd be willing to kneecap

mojorizen7
07-09-2011, 07:38 AM
Ceti Alpha 5 after Abrahms weak timeline story...
1x_QbVDlLbI

Trainwreck2100
09-14-2011, 06:02 PM
Came across this searching for other stuff:

Untitled Star Trek Sequel (2012) (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1408101/)

Very little news I found on it except it appears it won't make it's June 29 2012 release date.

Thoughts?

Thoughts? Still a retard.

J.J. Abrams is ready to engage.

EW has confirmed that the insatiable media multi-hyphenate has signed on to direct the sequel to his 2009 hit "Star Trek." (Vulture first reported the story.)

The first film's screenwriters Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci are penning the screenplay with producer Damon Lindelof, and the main cast -- including Chris Pine and Zachary Quinto -- are all set to return. The untitled sequel was originally scheduled to come out June 2012, but the film has moved off of that date to give the writers enough time to polish the script.

Abrams' first crack in the captain's chair netted the reboot the highest-ever grosses for a "Trek" movie, pulling in $257 million domestically, and $385 million worldwide.

lol June 2012

MannyIsGod
09-14-2011, 06:46 PM
I love me some J.J. He can pretty much do no wrong in my eyes.

Cyrano
09-14-2011, 07:43 PM
I've been watching Trek since 1966, and thoroughly enjoyed the 2009 movie. Visually stunning (especially in IMAX), and having respect for the original series. There were even quite a few treats for fans of the genre, such as....
did you take a close look at the debris field when the Enterprise came out of warp?

http://l.yimg.com/a/i/mo/pseudoblog_r2d2startrek600.jpg

ChuckD
09-14-2011, 08:48 PM

:lol Forum death threats.

Wild Cobra
09-15-2011, 02:48 AM
I've been watching Trek since 1966, and thoroughly enjoyed the 2009 movie. Visually stunning (especially in IMAX), and having respect for the original series. There were even quite a few treats for fans of the genre, such as....
did you take a close look at the debris field when the Enterprise came out of warp?

http://l.yimg.com/a/i/mo/pseudoblog_r2d2startrek600.jpg
LOL...

Is that real, or edited?

Damn....

I have to fire up the BluRay player soon.

Wild Cobra
09-15-2011, 04:13 AM
Sure enough, R2D2 appears at 47:39 on my BluRay disk. I was sure I would not find him, but I did!

TDMVPDPOY
09-15-2011, 07:13 AM
check out this

http://youtu.be/sckcDem-sA8