PDA

View Full Version : Trapped in Wal-Mart (no racist)

cantthinkofanything
07-08-2011, 12:42 AM
Is there enough food and water in a Wal-Mart for a person to live on if they were stuck in there for the rest of their life? No electricity though so all the frozen stuff and perishables would go bad. No running water.

CubanSucks
07-08-2011, 12:55 AM
if they were black or hispanic they'd go through all that food in about a month tbqh

TIMMYD!
07-08-2011, 01:14 AM
if they were black or hispanic they'd go through all that food in about a month tbqh

Yeah, probably. :lol

Trainwreck2100
07-08-2011, 01:37 AM
the rotting food and lack of proper sanitation in an enclosed warehouse would probably kill them

TDMVPDPOY
07-08-2011, 01:57 AM
dont wal-mart sell solar panels, if ur smart u hook that up inside the wharehouse....

jimo2305
07-08-2011, 06:03 AM
but walmart is 24 hours.. lulz..

jimo2305
07-08-2011, 06:03 AM

you forgot the (no racist) tag on your post

Agloco
07-08-2011, 08:04 AM
Is there enough food and water in a Wal-Mart for a person to live on if they were stuck in there for the rest of their life? No electricity though so all the frozen stuff and perishables would go bad. No running water.

The short answer is no.

If you didn't shut off the electricity, then maybe. But without it, definitely not. Things would still go bad though, so I dunno.

You should revisit this question asking about Sams or COSTCO.

Blake
07-08-2011, 08:20 AM
.....if they were stuck in there for the rest of their life? ....... No running water.

I thought it was common knowledge that bottled water expires.

cantthinkofanything
07-08-2011, 09:14 AM
The short answer is no.

If you didn't shut off the electricity, then maybe. But without it, definitely not. Things would still go bad though, so I dunno.

You should revisit this question asking about Sams or COSTCO.

I think you would have to eat the frozen and cold goods first. Then fruits and vegetables. Then canned goods. Then dried goods.
You'd have plenty of vitamins and supplements to get better nutrition.

I would worry that there might not be enough water/juice though.

Also, thinking it through, there might be the necessary items to cure or preserve a lot of the meat if you knew how to do that. Some Wal-Marts may even sell food dehydrators. But I guess you'd need a generator or something to use those.

As to Sams and COSCO, I don't think they carry guns and ammunition. I might be wrong but I can't remember seeing them in either.

Leetonidas
07-08-2011, 09:16 AM
No electricity = no a/c = really fucking hot inside

cantthinkofanything
07-08-2011, 09:25 AM
No electricity = no a/c = really fucking hot inside

I'd rely on the pharmacy to help get me through the tough times.

CubanSucks
07-08-2011, 03:00 PM
you forgot the (no racist) tag on your post

who said I wasn't trying to be racist?

Lefty's understudy
07-08-2011, 03:05 PM
CubanSucks devastating people with that awesome edgy racial humor of his. Proving that racial jokes need neither skill nor nuance. Way to represent the Lefty Crew bro!!!

lefty
07-08-2011, 03:39 PM
Who the Fuck started that " no racist " trend ??????

RandomGuy
07-08-2011, 04:19 PM

Not unless you found a way to re-cycle your own urine using the materials at hand. The stench from the perishables going bad, even with refrigeration would be at the level that I would seriously contemplate suicide well before the bottled water runs out.

Food would not be as much a problem due to the large amount of canned goods, but you would almost certainly run out of water and die within a couple of years, stench aside.

A human being needs about 7/10ths of a gallon of water to survive every day, and the sugar and caffeine in soda will not help you much in that regard, so you will need 228 gallons of water for one year.

Count the number of gallons of bottled water next time you are there, or even a rough guess, and you can get your answer.

Given working plumbing and water, you could probably live for quite a while on the canned goods, but still I would guess 5 years tops, even then, unless it was really really big. The bagged rice/beans might help, if you had the water and a way to cook it.

RandomGuy
07-08-2011, 04:21 PM
Who the Fuck started that " no racist " trend ??????

Somebody who hates black people.

j/k

Viva Las Espuelas
07-09-2011, 04:50 AM
For someone that professes that they don't, you sure do a lot of it, OP.

Koolaid_Man
07-09-2011, 07:16 AM

hmmm forgive me but what's Walmart?

DMX7
07-09-2011, 10:24 AM
I'd probably die if I were trapped in there for more than two hours.

Koolaid_Man
07-09-2011, 12:46 PM

BMFuct6vWnk