PDA

View Full Version : "No right turn on red light"

rr2418
07-09-2011, 06:02 PM
I'm just wondering how many people obey the "No right turn on red light" traffic sign? I was at one of those intersections the other day and had my right turn signal on and the person behind me was honking for me to go. I just pointed at the sign. Luckily the light changed green! :lol Now, I don't put my signal on anymore at those intersections!

Frenzy
07-09-2011, 06:27 PM
Got a ticket in balcones heights from a camera for not making a complete stop. I usually just wait now.

ashbeeigh
07-09-2011, 06:29 PM
There's one at Prue and Babcock that I come across on a daily basis.There's a bit of a hill coming from Babcock towards Prue that makes the sign understandable. If there's little to no traffic I'll turn, but otherwise I usually wait it out. There's a reason I have an ipod.

ChumpDumper
07-09-2011, 06:51 PM
Yeah, fuck those guys who can't read.

Worse is kind of the opposite situation where those turning right have their own lane --

http://www.trafficsignshop.com/v/vspfiles/photos/W4-322-1.gif

-- and come to a dead fucking stop waiting for all the traffic that is not at all in their lane to pass.

You bet I'll lay on the horn continuously until I scare the driver into....driving. Mainly happens with old people going from Mopac to Braker on their way to the Domain.

Viva Las Espuelas
07-09-2011, 07:14 PM
The no turn on red lights are there for a reason. It's always some sort or blind spot. It may look like an innocent intersection, but I'd try to observe the blind spot before negotiating. It really ain't worth it either way. You're not that important to be in that much of a rush. if you are, then :lol

MannyIsGod
07-09-2011, 08:29 PM
The no turn on red lights are there for a reason. It's always some sort or blind spot. It may look like an innocent intersection, but I'd try to observe the blind spot before negotiating. It really ain't worth it either way. You're not that important to be in that much of a rush. if you are, then :lol

Its pretty stupid the things people will do to save 30 seconds to 2 minutes on a drive. Impatience in the car is amazing.

CubanMustGo
07-10-2011, 12:40 AM
Some dude got behind me at the I-35S access road at MLK intersection in Austin, which has no fewer than THREE no right on red signs, and laid on the horn when it became obvious I didn't care to contribute to the APD Retirement & Building Fund. I pointed out the signs and he started yelling & cursing, too. The next thing I know the fucking prick has pulled up alongside on the sidewalk so he can go around me and run the light.

Of course, 20 seconds later, when the light does change, I pull up next to him, stopped at the next light (MLK at Red River) and gave him a wave and a smile. He didn't like that much.

phyzik
07-10-2011, 03:22 AM
Got a ticket in balcones heights from a camera for not making a complete stop. I usually just wait now.

Let me guess, it was one of those bullshit camera's that you get sent a ticket in the mail.... I live right off of Babcock and Hillcrest and try to avoid that shit like the plague after I got one.

I go to one of the corner stores right there at that intersection (Hillcrest and Babcock) and love to take off out of the parking lot hauling ass because I KNOW its too far for the camera to capture my license plate with the car going sideways. :toast

For those that dont know, Hillcrest @ Babcock is the boundry line for Balcones Heights... Sure they have cameras setup at that intersection but where I do my "business" with my car is too far away for the camera's to pick up. The camera flashes every time I do it, but my car is practically sideways and Im like 100-200ft away from the camera.

I have other reasons to hate Balcones Heights police and its not because of minor traffic tickets nor is it anything illegal that I personally did. Lets just say I got robbed while I had a cast on my leg and I KNEW where the culprit lived and they refused to do shit.

FUCK BALCONES HEIGHTS POLICE, ALL OF THEM!!!

DMC
07-10-2011, 11:47 AM

Worse is kind of the opposite situation where those turning right have their own lane --

-- and come to a dead fucking stop waiting for all the traffic that is not at all in their lane to pass.

You bet I'll lay on the horn continuously until I scare the driver into....driving. Mainly happens with old people going from Mopac to Braker on their way to the Domain.

Gotta hit that Daily Grill though, for the lunch specials.

ChumpDumper
07-10-2011, 12:00 PM
Take the North entrance.

Dex
07-10-2011, 04:13 PM

A-fucking-men.

Mopac to Parmer, too. :bang

Summers
07-10-2011, 05:33 PM
From where we live, we pull onto a 2-lane access road, which then becomes a 3-lane access road because the interstate exit becomes its own lane. At least once a week, someone getting off the interstate lays on the horn because he thinks I'm supposed to yield.

Jacob1983
07-11-2011, 12:30 AM
It's a stupid rule but wise to follow cause your picture could be taken. Better to just wait your turn rather than have to pay money for a ticket.

rr2418
07-11-2011, 07:07 PM
It's a stupid rule but wise to follow cause your picture could be taken. Better to just wait your turn rather than have to pay money for a ticket.

It's not really a stupid rule. If you look at the intersection, there is probably an obstruction or something else that prohibits a safe right turn on red.

Proxy
07-11-2011, 08:09 PM
Fuck... I didn't realize so many of you guys live here in ATX. I never obey the MLK one... the Domain exit is shit too... usually some rich hoe that can't drive

InRareForm
07-11-2011, 11:36 PM
I hate when people honk up a storm when they are in line to turn right, but they don't see the old grandma trying to cross the street when the front car won't go. lol

DJ Mbenga
07-11-2011, 11:43 PM
i tend to just avoid using the right indicator since the honking usually follows. the damn pressure is insane.