PDA

View Full Version : Prime Eric Clapton>>> Prime Slash

Ignignokt
07-12-2011, 12:44 AM
according to the Menopause Militia, they gave the nod to Clapton on coochie eating. Ask your mothers who was better. Kool's mom will tell you that British white guys go down a sister like no workhorse blackman can. Honest!

Mavillionaire
07-12-2011, 02:07 AM
Every old white female is going to name Clapton.

Proxy
07-12-2011, 07:09 PM
If you were to argue top 10 guitarist all time, and name Clapton or Slash, you would get laughed out of the building.

Clapton isn't a top tier guitarist, and Slash is an overrated tired old shitbag.

Nick Manning
07-12-2011, 07:25 PM
If you were to argue top 10 guitarist all time, and name Clapton or Slash, you would get laughed out of the building.

Clapton isn't a top tier guitarist, and Slash is an overrated tired old shitbag.

I love music snobs...please enlighten me as to what constitutes a top-tier guitarist in your mind. Is it a prodigy musician with insane musical ability that wallows in obscurity with an underground following?

Clapton and Slash killed it in their generations...for fucksake Clapton killed it with at least 3 different bands back in the day (YB, D&D, Cream). Just because they were well known doesn't mean they're shit.

Yeah, Yngwie Malmsteen, et al are all amazing too...you can catch his next gig at the waffle house off I-40 in Amarillo this weekend.

Proxy
07-12-2011, 07:53 PM
I love music snobs...please enlighten me as to what constitutes a top-tier guitarist in your mind. Is it a prodigy musician with insane musical ability that wallows in obscurity with an underground following?

Clapton and Slash killed it in their generations...for fucksake Clapton killed it with at least 3 different bands back in the day (YB, D&D, Cream). Just because they were well known doesn't mean they're shit.

Yeah, Yngwie Malmsteen, et al are all amazing too...you can catch his next gig at the waffle house off I-40 in Amarillo this weekend.

I love snobs. I love you.

Proxy
07-12-2011, 08:38 PM
I wouldn't say the Yardbirds killed shit. There's a reason why no one knows about them, even with Beck, Page, and Clapton participating at some time.... that being said, I didn't say Clapton sucked, but if you want to put him on Yngwie's level, then you're a dumbass.

Slash is just plain overrated... you don't need to be a music "snob" to know that. The only people who think Slash was GOAT worthy are people who think ACDC is talented.

So you want to know my personal definition of top tier? You have talent. Malmsteen, Reinhardt, and Buckethead are probably the best technically, though their music isn't exactly catchy...(you could go as far as to say that it sounds like shit, since I hate Yngwie with a burning passion due to him being a total douche... but he's fucking good, there's no denying that) Hendrix is great in terms of influence.... Clapton and Slash?... played on overrated classic rock bands that all the dads rock out to.

joshdaboss
07-12-2011, 08:51 PM
I wouldn't say the Yardbirds killed shit. There's a reason why no one knows about them, even with Beck, Page, and Clapton participating at some time.... that being said, I didn't say Clapton sucked, but if you want to put him on Yngwie's level, then you're a dumbass.

Slash is just plain overrated... you don't need to be a music "snob" to know that. The only people who think Slash was GOAT worthy are people who think ACDC is talented.

So you want to know my personal definition of top tier? You have talent. Malmsteen, Reinhardt, and Buckethead are probably the best technically, though their music isn't exactly catchy...(you could go as far as to say that it sounds like shit, since I hate Yngwie with a burning passion due to him being a total douche... but he's fucking good, there's no denying that) Hendrix is great in terms of influence.... Clapton and Slash?... played on overrated classic rock bands that all the dads rock out to.

lol @ Jimi Hendrix. Talk about overrated, pure trash.

Proxy
07-12-2011, 08:57 PM
lol @ Jimi Hendrix. Talk about overrated, pure trash.

nice try.

Proxy
07-12-2011, 09:07 PM
If you want to say Hendrix is trash, then you're a moron trying to sound like you know something....

"Hey look at me! I can play a Jimi Hendrix song! He really wasn't that good, LOL!" "Hot Topic sells Hendrix shirts, lol!" "I'm super hipster, LOLOLOLOL!"

truth is, the nig was playing shit that no one had ever heard... you have to reward revolutionary influence.

Barfunk
07-13-2011, 01:38 AM
Just a matter of opinion, imo. I'd say Clapton, Slash, Malmsteem all have some good stuff to offer.

Also, I personally don't think Hendrix is trash. Alot of his songs have become standards such as Little Wing and Bold as Love (great fuckin song).

You don't need "mind blowing technique" on your instrument (although that stuff is pretty cool too) to be a great composer or songwriter. Kurt Cobain was a great songwriter/artist, imo. In the end it's all about the song/composition.

4>0rings
07-13-2011, 01:53 AM
There are literally hundreds of thousands of insanely good guitar players. What bumps them up is actually making great music and great songs.

Barfunk
07-13-2011, 01:58 AM
There are literally hundreds of thousands of insanely good guitar players. What bumps them up is actually making great music and great songs.

dirk4mvp
07-13-2011, 02:01 AM
gtown's just mad I bullied his ass once when he tried saying Billy Corgan > Slash.

Also anyone saying Hendrix is trash/not good/whatever don't' even believe what they're saying.

Axe Murderer
07-13-2011, 02:03 AM
rk4m', with the "fuck the triangle", i'm takin my man off the dribble, takin gtown to the rack, troll goods par per etc

Proxy
07-14-2011, 05:09 AM

What bumps them up is technical skill. Opinion is what "makes," or rather, deems good music.

Among the guitarist we're mentioning in this thread so far, Cobain and Slash don't offer shit to the world of their instrument. Clapton is good, but he stands nowhere near the best flamenco, classical, and jazz guitarist. Buckethead and Malmsteem have god-like speed, and can perform live, unlike the joke band Dragonforce. BB King and Hendrix hold their own... what they lack in technical skill, comparatively to other top ranked guitarist, they make up with their innovation and influence.