PDA

View Full Version : Deron Williams: NBA Contracts Are An Insult To Kobe

Koolaid_Man
07-14-2011, 05:25 PM
It was once estimated that if Kobe left the NBA he could make upwards of 50 million / yr. :lol Whoa that's some wicked shit...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/rumors/post/Kobe-says-he-d-take-50-million-to-play-in-Europ?urn=nba-99630

Deron clearly knows Kobe's value. The real question is do you...:lol...Do you think Tim Duncan and Dirk can command this kind of money on the Euro Market at the moment. iwould venture to say fuck NO. In fact Kobe would outsell Timmy and Dirk if he went to their home towns...I also find it funny that even though Dirk just won the title NBA players are still talking about Kobe....:lmao that's cuz trill ass players know what's up...they know Dallas just got lucky and peaked at the right moment...:lol No one gives a fuck about Dallas or their title. :lol

July 10, 2011 at 5:35 pm
Deron Williams: “Kobe could make more Money Overseas Guaranteed” (http://lakernation.com/2011/07/deron-williams-%e2%80%9ckobe-could-make-more-money-overseas-guaranteed%e2%80%9d/)

According to ESPN.com (http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=6753259), Williams said any collective bargaining agreement that would leave stars such as Kobe Bryant making only $11 million a year — the owners have proposed cutting players’ salaries by roughly a third — could open the door for an unprecedented exodus to Europe.
With regards to Kobe Bryant, Williams had this to say:

“(Kobe) could go make more money overseas, I guarantee you.” said Williams, who has a one-year, $5 million deal with Besiktas. “If (European teams) knew he could be there for a full season, or they knew I could be there for a full season, or they knew LeBron James could be there for a full season, they’ll pay more money, of course.”
So where does Williams see Bryant playing if he decides to play overseas during the lockout?

“I see him going to China or somewhere,” said Williams, who teamed with Bryant to help the U.S. win the gold medal at the 2008 Beijing Olympics. “He’s big in China. I was over there with him in Beijing. He’s ‘The Man’ over there.”
Unfortunately as the lockout lingers, it is not as easy as the players simply choosing to go make some extra cash overseas.
With the lockout in full effect there is no NBA player health insurance. Although teams cannot prohibit international competition, if a player like Williams got hurt, the Nets could void his contract.

http://lakernation.com/2011/07/deron-williams-%E2%80%9Ckobe-could-make-more-money-overseas-guaranteed%E2%80%9D/

Proxy
07-14-2011, 05:35 PM
The only reason Kobe would still have more value is in a business sense. He is more popular that Dirk, so he would attract more revenue.

Due to people having such small brains, like yourself, the dunks, arrogance, and glamour will always attract more than the efficient, humble, and quiet.

Koolaid_Man
07-14-2011, 05:41 PM
The only reason Kobe would still have more value is in a business sense. He is more popular that Dirk, so he would attract more revenue.

Due to people having such small brains, like yourself, the dunks, arrogance, and glamour will always attract more than the efficient, humble, and quiet.

tell that the 99% of NBA players. I also disagree with your hyperbole...Kobe is dunks, arrogance, glamour and efficient, humble, and quiet when he needs to be.

Not only is he more popular than Dirk ( and Timmy) but he's simply a better player. This is like the Michael Jackson phenomena...people the world over choose Kobe because he's better. If Kobe has more value he brings more people to the seats thus helping people get jobs...I don't think Timmy and Dirk can do that on a global level. Kobe just got swept and people really just want to see him....:lmao I feel bad for Dirk and Timmy.

Ghazi
07-14-2011, 06:01 PM
EMfwGScYnPI

midnightpulp
07-14-2011, 06:17 PM
tell that the 99% of NBA players. I also disagree with your hyperbole...Kobe is dunks, arrogance, glamour and efficient, humble, and quiet when he needs to be.

Not only is he more popular than Dirk ( and Timmy) but he's simply a better player. This is like the Michael Jackson phenomena...people the world over choose Kobe because he's better. If Kobe has more value he brings more people to the seats thus helping people get jobs...I don't think Timmy and Dirk can do that on a global level. Kobe just got swept and people really just want to see him....:lmao I feel bad for Dirk and Timmy.

But you can't disagree with his contention that you have a small brain, since we all know that is true.

Proxy
07-14-2011, 06:18 PM

Yeah you're right. Timmy and Dirk wouldn't be able to do that on a global scale. I don't think that bothers them. I don't think it bothers anyone. I can take solace as a Spurs fan in knowing that Timmy's greatness will never be based on any political sense, but rather based on his actual value.

DPG21920
07-14-2011, 06:20 PM
Proxy, what are you doing? You are talking to this girl like she is a real person with real thoughts.

Koolaid_Man
07-14-2011, 06:31 PM
Proxy, what are you doing? You are talking to this girl like she is a real person with real thoughts.

you're not allowed to post in my threads...get the fuck on loser...:lol

Jodelo
07-14-2011, 07:17 PM

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Are we talking about right now? If so, http://imgsrv2.tennisuniverse.com/mtf/images/smilies/spit.gif

Proxy
07-14-2011, 07:57 PM

hahahaha... yeah... there haven't been too many topics to talk about lately... I'm desperate.:toast

TDMVPDPOY
07-14-2011, 09:46 PM
i doubt duncan or dirk really cares about a popularity contest, they have better things to do then tryin to get into the media limelight cause ur a attention whore..

DMC
07-14-2011, 09:47 PM
Dirk won't even accept a sponsor. He's not worried about it. Kobean would sell crack to kids for an extra dime.

BlackSwordsMan
07-14-2011, 10:11 PM
he leaves the nba and his fame is only guaranteed to a few villagers who can't speak english or write in their native tongue

DMC
07-14-2011, 10:59 PM
he leaves the nba and his fame is only guaranteed to a few villagers who can't speak english or write in their native tongue

He's going to New Orleans?

Leetonidas
07-14-2011, 11:02 PM
lol trying to use Kobe's marketing value as a means to prove anything. And fuck Deron Williams, pudgy half-breed faggot

rayjayjohnson
07-14-2011, 11:55 PM
Kobe can't wait to get to that unsuspecting Chinese cooz.

DJ Mbenga
07-15-2011, 12:19 AM
europe has gone to shit

joshdaboss
07-15-2011, 12:29 AM
And fuck Deron Williams, pudgy half-breed faggot

Strong words, considering you are a virgin.

Leetonidas
07-15-2011, 12:31 AM
Strong words, considering you are a virgin.

:sleep

Is that really all you got?

Slim Charles
07-15-2011, 12:31 AM
:sleep

Is that really all you got?

:lol Spoken like a virgin..

Leetonidas
07-15-2011, 12:33 AM
:lol

ambchang
07-15-2011, 09:31 AM
Justin Bieber made more money than BB King last year.

True story.

adrienne
07-16-2011, 12:03 AM
May I advise that you find another hobby? Or make some friends, or learn how to read books, or get a pet. Maybe a plant.

Koolaid_Man
07-16-2011, 07:38 AM
May I advise that you find another hobby? Or make some friends, or learn how to read books, or get a pet. Maybe a plant.

l got you....:lol

DMX7
07-16-2011, 11:17 AM
No fucking way they give him a $50 million dollar contract. None of those teams can afford it.

Kindergarten Cop
07-16-2011, 03:04 PM
LOL @ $50 million per year! :lmao

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/16/report-kobe-bryant-was-near-deal-with-besiktas-in-turkey-prior-to-match-fixing-scandal

Report: Kobe Bryant was near deal with Besiktas in Turkey prior to match-fixing scandal

Matt Moore

Jul 16, 2011, 3:12 PM EDT

Hey, so that whole thing about Besiktas being in trouble for football match-fixing?

Yeah, bad timing on that.

Jonathan Givony from Draft Express reports that Besiktas was nearing a deal for Kobe Bryant for $450,000 a month. That’s a $250k increase over what Deron Williams is reportedly getting. Which makes sense, since Bryant is arguably the biggest internationally known basketball player in the world.

So, yeah, having your account frozen, if the earlier report is accurate, that’s a bit of bad luck, that.

Deron Williams and Kobe Bryant on the same team would be the biggest ticket in Europe for basketball. It would likely open doors to television opportunities and increase sponsorship exponentially. If Besiktas’ personnel is cleared of the charges and Bryant does agree to come over, that changes the whole complexion of their future. It also sends a strong message to the owners that the best players will be going over.

The problem, naturally is that the $450,000 Besiktas would pay Bryant is money that could go to multiple members of the NBA non-elite, who are the ones that will struggle the most in the lockout. If the players are doing this only for themselves, great, should be a nice working vacation. But if this is being done to try and break ownership, some of that money needs to be spread to the rest of the players. Otherwise, all the stars will be doing is taking away more opportunities for the majority of the union to survive a prolonged lockout.

Williams and Bryant. He’d finally have a point guard worthy of his talents.

Koolaid_Man
07-16-2011, 04:39 PM
LOL @ $50 million per year! :lmao

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/16/report-kobe-bryant-was-near-deal-with-besiktas-in-turkey-prior-to-match-fixing-scandal

Report: Kobe Bryant was near deal with Besiktas in Turkey prior to match-fixing scandal

Matt Moore

Jul 16, 2011, 3:12 PM EDT

Hey, so that whole thing about Besiktas being in trouble for football match-fixing?

Yeah, bad timing on that.

Jonathan Givony from Draft Express reports that Besiktas was nearing a deal for Kobe Bryant for $450,000 a month. That’s a $250k increase over what Deron Williams is reportedly getting. Which makes sense, since Bryant is arguably the biggest internationally known basketball player in the world.

So, yeah, having your account frozen, if the earlier report is accurate, that’s a bit of bad luck, that.

Deron Williams and Kobe Bryant on the same team would be the biggest ticket in Europe for basketball. It would likely open doors to television opportunities and increase sponsorship exponentially. If Besiktas’ personnel is cleared of the charges and Bryant does agree to come over, that changes the whole complexion of their future. It also sends a strong message to the owners that the best players will be going over.

The problem, naturally is that the $450,000 Besiktas would pay Bryant is money that could go to multiple members of the NBA non-elite, who are the ones that will struggle the most in the lockout. If the players are doing this only for themselves, great, should be a nice working vacation. But if this is being done to try and break ownership, some of that money needs to be spread to the rest of the players. Otherwise, all the stars will be doing is taking away more opportunities for the majority of the union to survive a prolonged lockout.

Williams and Bryant. He’d finally have a point guard worthy of his talents.

First off Besiktas is not in in Europe...and 2ndly Kobe has no interest in playing in Turkey as far as I know...and I would know....:lol Kobe could easily make 50 mill/yr and maybe even 75 mill/yr if he was playing in China on a real contract offer.

Kindergarten Cop
07-16-2011, 05:30 PM
First off Besiktas is not in in Europe

Kobe could easily make 50 mill/yr and maybe even 75 mill/yr if he was playing in China on a real contract offer.

:wtf

EDIT: If Kobe could make $50-75M/yr in Europe, why was he close to signing a deal with Besiktas for $450K/month? :rolleyes

Kindergarten Cop
07-18-2011, 01:03 PM
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/6780429/report-turkish-team-besiktas-pursuit-kobe-bryant-hold

According to NTV Spor, Besiktas was initially prepared to offer Bryant a monthly salary of $500,000. But Bryant, according to the report, is seeking a monthly salary of $1 million to join Williams.

Still waaaaaayyyyyy off from the $50M-$75M/year range, huh?

bongraider
07-20-2011, 08:49 AM
Turkey is in Asia, not Europe, though it is a member of NATO