PDA

View Full Version : Mid-Season Predictions

DeadlyDynasty
07-14-2011, 06:49 PM
Now that the AS break is over, the divisional races are as tight as they've ever been at the halfway point. What's your prediction for Division winners and wildcards?

NL:

East: Phillies
Central: Cardinals
West: Giants
WC: Brewers (have a feeling the Braves will slump in the 2nd half)

AL:

East: Yankees
Central: Tigers
West: Angels
WC: Red Sox

Axe Murderer
07-14-2011, 08:40 PM
NL:

Central: Brewers
WC: Braves

AL:

East: RedSox
West: Rangers (even though I'm a fan, i think it's a tossup between LAA)
WC: Yankees

Spursfan092120
07-14-2011, 10:20 PM
NL
East - Philadelphia
Central - St. Louis
West - San Francisco
LC - Philadelphia

AL
East - New York
Central - Cleveland
West - Texas
LC - New York (hope I'm wrong)

Girasuck
07-15-2011, 11:16 AM
NL
East - Philadelphia
Central - St. Louis
West - San Francisco
LC - Philadelphia

AL
East - New York
Central - Cleveland
West - Texas
LC - New York (hope I'm wrong)

What the hell is this?

Anyway...

NL
East - Phillies
Central - Pirates (hey, I can dream)
West - Giants
WC - Braves

AL
East - Red Sox
Central - Tigers
West - Angels
WC - Yankees

Phillip
07-15-2011, 12:32 PM
Rangers will win the West again

ducks
07-15-2011, 02:57 PM
jeter will get hurt again and win a gold glove that he does not deserve

Axe Murderer
07-16-2011, 06:24 PM
tbh the Rangers just seem like your typical regular season team. I think they'll take the division but a team like the Angels, with two big time aces, is much more dangerous in the playoffs

Spursfan092120
07-16-2011, 06:46 PM
What the hell is this?

Anyway...

NL
East - Phillies
Central - Pirates (hey, I can dream)
West - Giants
WC - Braves

AL
East - Red Sox
Central - Tigers
West - Angels
WC - Yankees

Almost my exact damn picks except for the AL...and the teams aren't far off. Tell me what part of my picks would make you respond like that?

Axe Murderer
07-16-2011, 06:51 PM
you picked Philly to win the NL East and the Wildcard

probly not gonna happen imho

Spursfan092120
07-16-2011, 06:51 PM
tbh the Rangers just seem like your typical regular season team. I think they'll take the division but a team like the Angels, with two big time aces, is much more dangerous in the playoffs

Typical regular season team? You know this team was in the World Series last year, right? And they've only gotten better...You haven't watched the Rangers pitching this year, have you? Ogando's sick..Holland is lighting it up..Colby Lewis...CJ Wilson..Remember these names come playoff time..and just in case something happens to them, keep an eye out for Martin Perez in AAA Round Rock...guy's absolutely sick right now..

Spursfan092120
07-16-2011, 06:53 PM
you picked Philly to win the NL East and the Wildcard

probly not gonna happen imho

Look again..I didn't say WC...I said LC...League Champion..I didn't pick Wild Cards...

Axe Murderer
07-16-2011, 06:54 PM
You haven't watched the Rangers pitching this year, have you? Ogando's sick..Holland is lighting it up..Colby Lewis...CJ Wilson..Remember these names come playoff time..and just in case something happens to them, keep an eye out for Martin Perez in AAA Round Rock...guy's absolutely sick right now..

they've been pitching well, but anybody on our roster would be a distant 3rd in the Angels rotation. Having shutdown aces is the key to winning in the postseason. I'm not saying the Rangers can't win in the playoffs, but if they were to somehow face the Angels in the ALCS i'd pick LA to win.

and i agree Perez is gonna be a stud someday. we better not trade him.

Axe Murderer
07-16-2011, 06:54 PM
Look again..I didn't say WC...I said LC...League Champion..I didn't pick Wild Cards...

o

Spursfan092120
07-16-2011, 06:56 PM
AL Wild Card - Boston
NL Wild Card - Atlanta

There...

Spursfan092120
07-16-2011, 06:57 PM
they've been pitching well, but anybody on our roster would be a distant 3rd in the Angels rotation. Having shutdown aces is the key to winning in the postseason. I'm not saying the Rangers can't win in the playoffs, but if they were to somehow face the Angels in the ALCS i'd pick LA to win.

Would be crazy to trade Perez...I just feel that the way this team works together is just perfect for the playoffs..we'll have to see.

Axe Murderer
07-16-2011, 07:18 PM
i'm curious to see how they would work the postseason rotation if we got there and who they'd leave off.

obviously CJ would be 1 but after that you never know with these guys. if they can all pitch up to their potential, we'll definitely be a tough out but they've been so streaky it's hard to tell what to expect from them in the playoffs

HomerFan092120
07-17-2011, 06:41 AM

picking against the rangers?....seriously bro......get a life man.......this Rangers team is not only the best in baseball, but also one of the best true teams in North American sports history......i can't believe one could even fathom picking against this great team.......

Jered Weaver? :lmao this guy couldn't even crack our starting rotation......if he was lucky we might give him some time in AAA but even that's a stretch......bro just get out of this great state we call Texas......you're such a disgrace.......................seroiously bro

Spursfan092120
07-18-2011, 02:36 PM
picking against the rangers?....seriously bro......get a life man.......this Rangers team is not only the best in baseball, but also one of the best true teams in North American sports history......i can't believe one could even fathom picking against this great team.......

Jered Weaver? :lmao this guy couldn't even crack our starting rotation......if he was lucky we might give him some time in AAA but even that's a stretch......bro just get out of this great state we call Texas......you're such a disgrace.......................seroiously bro

I'm embarrassed that this is my troll...I at least know how to spell seriously. You really need to step your game up. Sad. Now, trolling me on the Cowboys makes sense..they suck. Trolling me on the Spurs even, after a first round knockout, would even make sense. But trolling me on a team who's won 11 in a row and given up only 1 run in 4 games? Barking up the wrong tree...find another route, or you'll only continue to fail. Maybe you can take trolling classes at the your local community college.

DeadlyDynasty
09-29-2011, 12:03 PM
Now that the AS break is over, the divisional races are as tight as they've ever been at the halfway point. What's your prediction for Division winners and wildcards?

NL:

Central: Cardinals
WC: Brewers (have a feeling the Braves will slump in the 2nd half)

AL:

East: Yankees
West: Angels
WC: Red Sox

I called the Braves collapse, but didn't see the BoSox one coming. I liked LAA too because of their starting pitching, but they failed.

Amarelooms
09-29-2011, 12:18 PM
I called the Braves collapse, but didn't see the BoSox one coming. I liked LAA too because of their starting pitching, but they failed.

Texas owned you son...just like the Mavs

:elephant

DeadlyDynasty
09-29-2011, 12:24 PM
Texas owned you son...just like the Mavs

:elephant

The AL West was basically an afterthought in my predictions. Nice team, but w/o a true ace they aren't getting past the Tigers or Yankees in the ALCS. If they still had Cliff Lee I'd like their chances of an upset.