PDA

View Full Version : Deathly Halllows Part 2!

spurs_2108
07-14-2011, 09:26 PM
Who's going to the midnight premiere tonight?

CubanSucks
07-14-2011, 09:33 PM
A bunch of teenagers and young families?

BlackSwordsMan
07-14-2011, 09:45 PM
does anyone not planning to go for the past 4 months even have a chance at going?

benefactor
07-14-2011, 09:58 PM
Not going...at all.

fraga
07-14-2011, 10:12 PM
Virgins???

desflood
07-14-2011, 10:27 PM
Thought about taking my oldest, but will wait for Sunday instead. Had a funny conversation with my MIL about it though.

Me: I was thinking of taking the boy to the midnight showing of HPDH II.
Mom: Lots of rowdy crowds there at midnight showings.
Me: Yes, I'm sure it will be the rowdiest crowd of teenage girls and their middle-aged moms this side of a Justin Bieber concert.
Mom: Or a Twilight convention.

Creepn
07-14-2011, 11:21 PM
Not going to the midnight showing but will definitely see this. The movies doesn't do the books justice but I'm still going. And yes, gonna see this in 3d and yes will see this at the Imax. And no I don't give a fuck how you guys will judge me.

fraga
07-15-2011, 08:44 AM
^^Judging you as I type...

lefty
07-15-2011, 08:48 AM
I'm sure the best part was TDKR teaser trailer

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m55/dark_liandrin/GIFS/tumblr_llyp48lKIq1qc4cako1_400.gif

CubanSucks
07-15-2011, 03:00 PM
no doubt ^

MannyIsGod
07-15-2011, 03:01 PM
Will be seeing it this weekend. :tu

Creepn
07-16-2011, 03:59 AM
Just got back from the Palladium. The movie was good but it pissed me off more than anything. The director David Yates has the audacity to think he's a better storyteller than Rowlings for that he thought he should deviate from the book? Fuck him. If he would've stayed true, movie could've been epic. The battle scenes would've been epic, like LOTR ROTK epic. I expected to see more chaos like swarms of giants storming the Hogwarts against the defending stone soliders, centuars ripping out giant eyes, spiders ripping people to shreds, ect. They were there but not at the magnitude that I expected.

If you read the books, you may be disappointed. If you didn't, you may enjoy it a whole lot more.

Btw, Dark Knight trailer sucks.

CubanSucks
07-16-2011, 05:40 AM
The battle scenes would've been epic, like LOTR ROTK epic

take it easy

besides, the Numenorean King Aragorn would chop Harry Potter into a million pieces

mFFL03
07-16-2011, 11:19 AM

they've only been shooting for like a month and a half. and it's a teaser trailer...most of the time they don't even show you actual footage.

brah.

lefty
07-16-2011, 11:23 AM
Gordon Levitt tweet:

Who's going to see the #DKR teaser tonight? Er um I mean, the Harry Potter movie?

:lmao

easjer
07-16-2011, 02:30 PM
Saw it yesterday. Overall, I thought it was pretty good. By far the best of the acting. But my God, for something that was to cover 1/3 of the last book in over 2 hours, there sure was a lot of blink and you miss it sort of stuff.

Spoilers Below - You've been warned!

The thing to note before I say anything else is that the Weasley twins were my favorite characters in the series, books or movies. LOVE the Weasley twins. Love the actors who played the Weasley twins. Dreaded THAT moment, because it absolutely infuriated me in the books that she killed Fred, even though I predicted it beforehand. Had to kill a Weasley to 'make it more real' and the only one with enough emotional punch and not enough tie to Harry was one of the interchangeable ones. So he died. For no reason other than emotional tug (and don't get me started on JKR marrying the remaining twin off to his dead brother's girlfriend, because ugh!).

Nevertheless, it's a powerful moment in the books - even more so than Dobby's death. Precisely because it's so merciless and unnecessary and shocking. And given it's going to be played out by my favorite actors, I'm sort of looking forward to it. And I suppose all 20 seconds of it weren't bad. . .

Wait. If you saw the previews, you've pretty much seen Fred's death and the Weasleys mourning him. George isn't even touching his twin. He runs to Ron and then we get The Important Character's Reaction Shot and then . . . that's it. At least Yates gave us slightly more Remus/Tonks than JKR did (still angry they were killed off-stage and that was that). FFS - Dobby the fucking cgi annoyance who was only in 2 of the movies, despite being in 5 of the books and having no relationship with Harry b/c of the cuts, had a bigger and more emotional death scene! That really annoyed me.

There were a lot of changes from the book that surprised me, having heard how true to the book it was. Surprisingly, most of them didn't bug me at all. I liked the change with Snape's death. I was shocked to find I really enjoyed the way Harry appeared in the castle, I thought it was great.

What irked me were the parts at which the effects overrode the story. I could have done with about a minute and a half less of the Grey Lady (esp since they went off-book anyway), and given that to say, FRED'S DEATH. Or the battle between Harry and Voldemort - which visually cool, felt like it dragged a bit for me, at least the flying around part did.

For as amazing as I heard the Prince's Tale was, it felt rushed to me. And whatever they did to de-age Snape was distracting. But Alan Rickman acted the fuck out of it.

For once, Emma Watson didn't make me want to claw my eyes out. Rupert Grint, who I'd heard was a scene stealer, seemed more background than anything. And that kiss. Hahahahaha. Both the actors and the director said it would probably be anti-climactic, but I thought it was hilarious because you only see the back of Ron's head. There were boos in the theatre.

Neville was awesome - loved a lot of that. Loved Maggie Smith. A lot of the battle was hectic and confusing. I might like it better on a second viewing when I can see more of what's going on.

For as critical as I sound - overall, I really did enjoy the movie and thought they did a good job of a difficult task in ending the series in a satisfying way. I think they'd have done better if they never re-introduced Fleur and brought in Bill and gave that over to Remus and Tonks instead. Especially since the first mention of Remus' son comes when he's dead - and I was wondering just how Harry knew about Teddy, since no one told him in the movie . . .

And it's not David Yates (who isn't my fave director) who is to blame for the story - it's Kloves, the screenwriter. Definitely don't love him.

Proxy
07-16-2011, 02:32 PM
If he would've stayed true, movie could've been epic. The battle scenes would've been epic, like LOTR ROTK epic. I expected to see more chaos like swarms of giants storming the Hogwarts against the defending stone soliders, centuars ripping out giant eyes, spiders ripping people to shreds, ect. They were there but not at the magnitude that I expected.

If you read the books, you may be disappointed. If you didn't, you may enjoy it a whole lot more.

The movie lost me halfway through. They sacrificed the emotion from the book for action. Way too many scenes where they tried to fill the screen with as much shit as possible, aka 'The Star Wars Prequel effect.'

LOTR epic?.... HP was never on that scale. That's retarded to ask for.... people like you are the reason the movie sucked. Did you even read the book? Doesn't sound like it by your description and desires for the movie.

Creepn
07-16-2011, 04:11 PM
The movie lost me halfway through. They sacrificed the emotion from the book for action. Way too many scenes where they tried to fill the screen with as much shit as possible, aka 'The Star Wars Prequel effect.'

LOTR epic?.... HP was never on that scale. That's retarded to ask for.... people like you are the reason the movie sucked. Did you even read the book? Doesn't sound like it by your description and desires for the movie.

Lol So me wanting the movie to follow more closely to the book makes the movie bad? Okaaay. Anyway, did you even read the book? There was a massive battle that took place at Hogwarts. The whole point of Voldemort bidding his time was to create this huge ass army so he could invade Hogwarts and kill potter. That was the climax and they skimped over it. They already skipped the battle that took place after Dumbledore died. That was a let down too.

I'm just saying, it could've been epic. Why? because in the book it was epic. All of the tools in the book were there to make a huge battle. Giants, centuars, spiders, stone soldiers and thousands of wizards.

koriwhat
07-16-2011, 04:28 PM
Just got back from the Palladium. The movie was good but it pissed me off more than anything. The director David Yates has the audacity to think he's a better storyteller than Rowlings for that he thought he should deviate from the book? Fuck him. If he would've stayed true, movie could've been epic. The battle scenes would've been epic, like LOTR ROTK epic. I expected to see more chaos like swarms of giants storming the Hogwarts against the defending stone soliders, centuars ripping out giant eyes, spiders ripping people to shreds, ect. They were there but not at the magnitude that I expected.

dude, no movie has been "epic" in more than a decade. that term gets thrown around too much these days and especially on the net.

Proxy
07-16-2011, 05:37 PM
Lol So me wanting the movie to follow more closely to the book makes the movie bad? Okaaay. Anyway, did you even read the book? There was a massive battle that took place at Hogwarts. The whole point of Voldemort bidding his time was to create this huge ass army so he could invade Hogwarts and kill potter. That was the climax and they skimped over it. They already skipped the battle that took place after Dumbledore died. That was a let down too.

I'm just saying, it could've been epic. Why? because in the book it was epic. All of the tools in the book were there to make a huge battle. Giants, centuars, spiders, stone soldiers and thousands of wizards.

I felt it was too epic. I think that it was too much of a focal point. Snape's, Vodlemort's, and Dumbledore's deaths were done terribly. Snape's entire essence in the book was the most emotional part... it was a 10 min scene in the movie. Voldemort's death took 10 seconds... in fact, now that I think about it, deaths in general in the movies were done terribly.

I don't understand how you read the books and want an epic battle out of it... the battle was a background occurrence in the book for Harry to destroy the horcruxes anyways.... and Voldemort's army looked as big as Sauron's Minas Tirith hoard... how can you complain about scale?

On top of everything, and after they did HP7 Pt 1 so well, and even the first half of Pt2.... they reverted back to the shitty formula of one liners and CGI dominated scenes filled to the max, while characters and plot were ignored. I felt no emotion whatsoever when anyone died in the end, because the only thing I had been watching was a huge epic fight scene.

if you want a fight scene, then go see Transformers

Creepn
07-16-2011, 06:04 PM
I felt it was too epic. I think that it was too much of a focal point. Snape's, Vodlemort's, and Dumbledore's deaths were done terribly. Snape's entire essence in the book was the most emotional part... it was a 10 min scene in the movie. Voldemort's death took 10 seconds... in fact, now that I think about it, deaths in general in the movies were done terribly.

I don't understand how you read the books and want an epic battle out of it... the battle was a background occurrence in the book for Harry to destroy the horcruxes anyways.... and Voldemort's army looked as big as Sauron's Minas Tirith hoard... how can you complain about scale?

On top of everything, and after they did HP7 Pt 1 so well, and even the first half of Pt2.... they reverted back to the shitty formula of one liners and CGI dominated scenes filled to the max, while characters and plot were ignored. I felt no emotion whatsoever when anyone died in the end, because the only thing I had been watching was a huge epic fight scene.

if you want a fight scene, then go see Transformers

I don't understand how you wouldn't want an epic battle scene after seeing how far they deviated from the book. You should've thought, "We'll since they deviated and killed most of the emotional keypoints of the book to turn this movie into an action flick, I should expect some good battles to make up for it."

That's the whole point of action flicks! Big ass booms to distract you from the big ass doom!

I don't see why you are even arguing with me, we both agree that they skipped major pivotal points of the book that should've been included. Whether you thought it was too epic or whether I think it was less epic, we still have a common grievance.

Proxy
07-16-2011, 06:59 PM
I don't understand how you wouldn't want an epic battle scene after seeing how far they deviated from the book. You should've thought, "We'll since they deviated and killed most of the emotional keypoints of the book to turn this movie into an action flick, I should expect some good battles to make up for it."

That's the whole point of action flicks! Big ass booms to distract you from the big ass doom!

I don't see why you are even arguing with me, we both agree that they skipped major pivotal points of the book that should've been included. Whether you thought it was too epic or whether I think it was less epic, we still have a common grievance.

I'll agree with you... I'm arguing with you though, due to this: I feel that because Yates felt like people who are more interested in fight scenes and action (e.g. Transformers/Star Wars Prequel fans) would lead the movie to have more box office success, he consequently deviated towards the common CGI action formula that we see too much these days.

Your statements of wanting LOTR scale annoyed me, because you sounded like the epitome of fan that led the director to ruin the movie.

What was lost in translation, was your want of an epic battle was DUE to the shit level the movie dropped to at the end. That, I can understand, and humbly offer my apologies, and agreements to you sir.

Creepn
07-16-2011, 07:10 PM
No no, my apologies. I just didn't communicate that well. I can see where you based your argument because of it.

Frenzy
07-16-2011, 08:04 PM
I never seen any of these movies ever. I guess cause no one I know likes it. I never really gave it a chance. Perhaps one day.

Proxy
07-16-2011, 08:20 PM
I never seen any of these movies ever. I guess cause no one I know likes it. I never really gave it a chance. Perhaps one day.

If you didn't read the books when you were younger, I don't see any reason to see the movies at this point.

CubanSucks
07-17-2011, 01:07 AM
dude, no movie has been "epic" in more than a decade. that term gets thrown around too much these days and especially on the net.

There were those 3 minor movies Peter Jackson made nearly a decade ago and also The Dark Knight. I do completely agree with you however, except I sincerely think those 4 are worthy of the word epic

mFFL03
07-17-2011, 01:16 PM
waaaaa I went to a movie but the book is better waa waaa waa I want the movie to be the same as the book so I don't have to read it again waa waa waa

Creepn
07-17-2011, 01:30 PM
waaaaa I went to a movie but the book is better waa waaa waa I want the movie to be the same as the book so I don't have to read it again waa waa waa

Shit I would love to read it again. I would wipe my memory just to re-read some books.

easjer
07-17-2011, 03:16 PM
lol

I re-read the books at least once a year. I'm currently listening to Stephen Fry's audio versions (in Goblet of Fire at the mo).

I like a number of the actors, I like the stories, I like chunks of each movie, including this one (King's Cross - NOT the epilogue scene, the other) was just about perfect for me.

But yeah, after all the build-up and all the reviews saying how epic it was, how close to the book, how amazing it was, how perfect it was to tend the series, I was let down. I think I enjoyed Part I more in terms of translating the book to a movie, despite the lagging nature of it.

I'm bummed out that they cut so much of the emotion from the film, specifically after hearing this was the best of the films in terms of balancing emotion and action.

Darius McCrary
07-17-2011, 03:47 PM
thank the heavens this stupid ass pussy potter crap is finished. it has been the lamest movie/book trend in the past 25 years

desflood
07-17-2011, 07:43 PM
I'm bummed out that they cut so much of the emotion from the film, specifically after hearing this was the best of the films in terms of balancing emotion and action.
Agreed. The last book was very emotional for those of us who had grown attached to the characters over time and the film was almost completely devoid of any of that. They did Fred a terrible injustice.

I also agree with you about Alan Rickman and Maggie Smith. Rickman especially salvaged the movie for me. That guy's amazing.

Proxy
07-17-2011, 07:43 PM
thank the heavens this stupid ass pussy potter crap is finished. it has been the lamest movie/book trend in the past 25 years

You're reaching.

AmericanPsycho
07-18-2011, 09:19 AM
Damn, this movie broke records!? My kids loved it.

Spurminator
07-18-2011, 10:16 AM
Pretty good, but I liked Part 1 better. I saw it in 2D but it still had a distracting "shot-for-3D" quality about it.

JoeChalupa
07-18-2011, 12:37 PM
My oldest thought it was great.

cheguevara
07-18-2011, 12:41 PM
non mentally challenged adults actually go see these Potter movies?

koriwhat
07-18-2011, 12:50 PM
non mentally challenged adults actually go see these Potter movies?

:toast

rjv
07-18-2011, 01:01 PM
i'm guessing a lot of people loved it. broke record for 3 day release previously set by the dark knight and is the highest rated big release movie of the year to date.

easjer
07-18-2011, 01:11 PM
There was a lot of good stuff in it. Just not enough for me to love it. Honestly, I'm having flashbacks to HP 6 - I saw it and thought - that was a good movie, but a terrible HP movie. And I think that's sort of how I'm feeling about 7p2, though as a whole it was far, far superior to HP6. I just think it's a bit grim when HP7p1 is the better movie, given that huge lag in the middle of the film and the awkward ending that left you hanging a bit. But for me, HP7p1 did a better job of relaying the story and the emotion to the screen than the last one - and that is part of what I think it needed to do to close out the series.

But there is a lot that was great. Ralph Fiennes as Voldemort - wow. Really made the character. JKR never got Voldemort right, he was always a bit of a temperamental sissy in the books. Fiennes though - he was chilling. Tremendous performance. The effects - while too long and too focused on for my tastes - were really good. If they'd simply given over 2 minutes to the emotional side (or the same amount of time they gave that little cgi fuck that had no emotional hold in the movies), I think I'd have been a lot happier with it.

koriwhat
07-18-2011, 01:14 PM
adults liking little kid fantasy shit SMDH

cheguevara
07-18-2011, 01:22 PM

:lol for real I thought only retards go see these movies. I went to one of these movies about 10 years ago cause my then gf made me, she gave great head how could I refuse. But at that movie I never seen so many retarded ppl in one place. They were giggling like complete imbeciles at a deuche bag flying around on a fucking broom :lmao

leemajors
07-18-2011, 01:24 PM
I haven't read any of the material (just not interested) or seen more than one of the movies, but I took the lady out to see it last night. I got the feeling that it was incredibly rushed, which seems ridiculous seeing as they split it into two. She wasn't happy about a lot of it, but I was laughing most of the time at what was on screen and her reaction to a lot of it.

DPG21920
07-18-2011, 01:29 PM

Didn't you go watch "The Zoo Keeper" recently?

easjer
07-18-2011, 01:36 PM
Harry Potter started as children's fantasy and ended up as something more than that. Not perfect, by any means - many of the characters are under-developed or archetypal - but there is a certain something in it that touches people. If nothing else, there was an interesting world created, and that's always fun.

And Lee - it was rushed. Even though they split it in two. But that's been the case since the fourth movie - the books are too big to accommodate everything. There is a lot left by the wayside, and I think you sort of need to read the books to really understand what is going on, which is unfortunate.

leemajors
07-18-2011, 01:59 PM
Harry Potter started as children's fantasy and ended up as something more than that. Not perfect, by any means - many of the characters are under-developed or archetypal - but there is a certain something in it that touches people. If nothing else, there was an interesting world created, and that's always fun.

And Lee - it was rushed. Even though they split it in two. But that's been the case since the fourth movie - the books are too big to accommodate everything. There is a lot left by the wayside, and I think you sort of need to read the books to really understand what is going on, which is unfortunate.

Oh I understand, I have read a lot of epic fantasy. It was just really entertaining watching both her and the movie, and then hearing her try to both explain what happened, what was shown, and then her giving up because it was too much to explain as i tried not to laugh. I'm usually the person doing the bitching about adaptations.

easjer
07-18-2011, 02:57 PM
Heh. SFIE felt the same way - he's been dragged to several.

koriwhat
07-18-2011, 03:13 PM
Didn't you go watch "The Zoo Keeper" recently?

i didn't "go watch" anything... however, i did see that shit movie. i didn't see it because i've been dying to see it, i saw it because i watch movies no matter their content because i like movies. i've literally seen so many movies i'd otherwise wouldn't had seen due to the internet, some really bad, some really good and some alright. i would've never seen the human centipede either had it not been mentioned here at ST and i wish i never did see it because that shit was worse than the zookeeper. the human centipede was a huge let down considering its hype... it wasn't gory, it wasn't a badass film, and it wasn't much of a story but i saw it anyhow because free speaks louder than $14 and having to sit on dirty ass seats at the theater.

i just don't get the whole children's fantasy magical bs craze or even the whole emo pre-teen warewolf/vampire craze either.

Pick of Destiny
07-18-2011, 03:19 PM

:lmao adults liking comic book fantasy shit and lame tattoo's. :lmao

Most adults I know love the Toy Story movies and there is a little bit of "kid" in all of us.

koriwhat
07-18-2011, 03:22 PM
Most adults I know love the Toy Story movies and there is a little bit of "kid" in all of us.

i guess it more boils down to the fact that i'm not into fantasy stuff like that of HP or LOTR... never have been, though i love frank frazetta's works.

koriwhat
07-18-2011, 03:24 PM
:lmao adults liking comic book fantasy shit and lame tattoo's. :lmao

btw, who likes comic book fantasy shit? not me. and i definitely don't give a damn about what others want to tattoo on themselves, that's their problem and not mine, but i will do the work because $$$ is god!

cheguevara
07-18-2011, 03:28 PM
LOTR is fantasy masterpiece

Harry Potter is just some bullshit mix of shitty children witch tales. How fucking original, my witch flies in a broom and has a pointy hat :rolleyes

koriwhat
07-18-2011, 03:31 PM
i have 2 friends (a married couple) who both are totally obsessed with HP, i don't get it. i actually used to live with them and though i've never actually seen a HP movie, i've caught glimpses of them and heard them blasting in the background while i was trying to mute that shit out. thank god i moved out of that house!

Pick of Destiny
07-18-2011, 03:47 PM
I hear ya but the way some adults foam at the mouth over the Batman and other comic book movies is ridiculous to me.

koriwhat
07-18-2011, 03:55 PM
I hear ya but the way some adults foam at the mouth over the Batman and other comic book movies is ridiculous to me.

i don't understand the craze either... i'm no comic book fan, never have been and i really don't care for the batman movies or anything else based off comics because every single comic movie has basically been a huge let down.

i like stupid comedies like dumb n' dumber, stupid old 70's-80's-90's comedies, etc... i really believe the best in hollywood is no more and it all died out after the 00's came about.

ididnotnothat
07-18-2011, 04:17 PM
Daniel Radcliffe joins Jon Stewart tonight to discuss "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2".

mFFL03
07-18-2011, 05:38 PM
can we stay on topic and talk about the gender of Dobby

hehateme
07-18-2011, 06:35 PM
i have 2 friends (a married couple) who both are totally obsessed with HP, i don't get it. i actually used to live with them and though i've never actually seen a HP movie, i've caught glimpses of them and heard them blasting in the background while i was trying to mute that shit out. thank god i moved out of that house!

Your mom and dad don't count as friends, faggot.

koriwhat
07-18-2011, 06:39 PM
Your mom and dad don't count as friends, faggot.

damn, sick burn man!

if you've been following along like all the other trolls you'd know i have absolutely nothing to do with my father. brush up!

hehateme
07-18-2011, 06:48 PM
Damn son, sorry I should have brushed up on my rhetoric first by searching through the Koriwhat wikipedia section online. My bad son...now in the words of your father "return to your fucking coloring book and resume your star sketching, faggot".

koriwhat
07-18-2011, 07:14 PM
Damn son, sorry I should have brushed up on my rhetoric first by searching through the Koriwhat wikipedia section online. My bad son...now in the words of your father "return to your fucking coloring book and resume your star sketching, faggot".

ah poor little troll of a troll...

lol in the words of my father... uh... what father?
lol acting like you can tattoo a star freehand the size of a grain of rice or tattoo at all
lol acting like you know what the fuck you're talking about
lol trying your hardest to be an internet comedian in order to gain acceptance from the ST community
lol dumbfuck trolls that have nothing better to do then rag on me when they can't do 1/2 the shit i can talent wise or otherwise
lol thinking a coloring book is a sketch book
laugh out motherfuckin' loud

btw, you seen HP7P2 yet?

hehateme
07-18-2011, 08:33 PM
God I love pissing you off so much because you take these online posts to heart. I fully believe one day you will launch into serial killer mode just because of what was said on this forum...

Oh and by the way I'm not a troll and yes my comedic overtones are definitely just for acceptance. Thanks for trying to point those items out as a counter-reference.

MannyIsGod
07-19-2011, 01:44 AM
Was really really rushed. Movie would have been fine with another 30 minutes. However, the Snape memories scene was gold. Very well done. I don't know if it was just our theater but the audio fucking blew. Incredibly understated audio track but maybe they just had the volume low.

JoeChalupa
07-19-2011, 07:56 AM
My oldest really liked it.