PDA

View Full Version : Social Network --movie scene not too far off base

RandomGuy
07-20-2011, 02:26 PM
Sometimes one has to take movie depictions as being somewhat off base.

Sometimes, they are more true than some would like.

Larry Summers calls Winklevoss twins 'A**holes'

What did Larry Summers really think of the Winklevoss twins?

"Rarely, have I encountered such swagger, and I tried to respond in kind," the former president of Harvard said in an interview at Fortune's Brainstorm Tech conference.

Cameron and Tyler Winklevoss were at Harvard at the same time that Mark Zuckerberg launched Facebook, and they had come to Summers for help in their fight for a piece of the action.

Summers dismissed them, a scene dramatized in the movie the "Social Network."

Summers didn't try to dispel the portrayal.

"One of the things you learn as a college president is that if an undergraduate is wearing a tie and jacket on Thursday afternoon at three o'clock, there are two possibilities. One is that they're looking for a job and have an interview; the other is that they are an a**hole. This was the latter case."

The Winklevoss twins have taken dozens of runs at Facebook in court since 2004. The brothers and a third Harvard classmate, Divya Narendra, have alleged that Zuckerberg had stolen the idea for Facebook from them
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Larry-Summers-calls-hftn-259689783.html?x=0

:lmao

benefactor
07-20-2011, 02:33 PM
Ultimate butthurt.

CubanSucks
07-20-2011, 02:52 PM
Did yall see the movie? They may have been preppy Omega house type douchebags but were completely outshadowed in their doucheyness by the actions of Zuckerberg

Viva Las Espuelas
07-20-2011, 03:23 PM
I'd call it shrewdness imho

Fabbs
07-20-2011, 03:26 PM
Did yall see the movie? They may have been preppy Omega house type douchebags but were completely outshadowed in their doucheyness by the actions of Zuckerberg
+1

Would not shock me if truth is the Pres Larry Summers was paid a fat load by Zuckersuck to spin it this way.

cheguevara
07-20-2011, 03:49 PM
99% of Harvard graduates are assholes. It's in the genes.

DMX7
07-21-2011, 09:49 PM
99% of Harvard graduates are assholes. It's in the genes.

I know some Harvard graduates. They're definitely not all ass holes. I think only the ones born in a bubble to money and never humbled by real life (e.g., Grover Norquist & Assface Twins) are that way.