PDA

View Full Version : anarchist-sociopaths: House Republicans May Shutdown The FAA Over Anti-Union Demand

boutons_deux
07-20-2011, 03:30 PM
ALEC/VRWC fucking up the country:

The Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) operating authority expires on Friday and the air travel safety agency may not open again Monday, since Congress has thus far failed to pass a re-authorization and funding bill. The FAA has been reauthorized without much controversy 20 times, but now, House Republicans are insisting on including a provision to weaken collective bargaining rights for airline workers.

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2011/07/20/274238/faa-shutdown-union/

coyotes_geek
07-20-2011, 04:14 PM
Yet another VRWC attack on a union. (http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/6525711-418/emanuel-sends-layoff-notices-to-city-workers-in-showdown-with-unions.html)

TeyshaBlue
07-20-2011, 04:30 PM
Yet another VRWC attack on a union. (http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/6525711-418/emanuel-sends-layoff-notices-to-city-workers-in-showdown-with-unions.html)

:lol

boutons_deux
07-20-2011, 04:59 PM
Rum isn't attacking the union rights or playing politcal games, just making union members pay for the Banskters Great Depression

Wild Cobra
07-20-2011, 11:40 PM
I've said it before and I will say it again. Working for the government should be like a civil service. Not a career job that's union protects for lowest common denominator.

I wonder how many pay next to nothing into the CRS pension instead of 6.2%/4.2% into SS?

ElNono
07-21-2011, 12:01 AM
I wonder how many pay next to nothing into the CRS pension instead of 6.2%/4.2% into SS?

If you really wonder I'm sure you'll look it up and let us know...

Wild Cobra
07-21-2011, 12:38 AM
If you really wonder I'm sure you'll look it up and let us know...
Outside this thread and more related to a response to boutons in a different thread I just responded to before this post.

Has some relevance though. CRS, like SS, is money the government is obligated to pay out in the future. I have a wild ass guess for you. I'll bet part of this has to do with the FAA employees actually needed to contribute to retirement, and more to medical.

Anyway, I'm not a fan of government jobs being union protected. Nobody really looks out for the tax payer on a regular negotiation, and they get too sweet of deals at times that are very difficult to be reverted, then that always want better too. At least when a business has a bottom line to operate under, they are always thinking of the costs during negotiations. Government often does not.

ElNono
07-21-2011, 01:15 AM
So you don't really know and don't really wonder enough to actually look it up... Okay.

Wild Cobra
07-21-2011, 02:00 AM
So you don't really know and don't really wonder enough to actually look it up... Okay.
I thought about it. Just have better things to do than spend that much extra time.

Winehole23
07-21-2011, 03:15 AM
Spending hours of extra time here griping about basically nothing and fantasizing about the suffering and misery your posts will cause others, is obviously the way to go.

Wild Cobra
07-21-2011, 07:24 AM
Spending hours of extra time here griping about basically nothing and fantasizing about the suffering and misery your posts will cause others, is obviously the way to go.
What is your problem with me? My computer may be here for hours, but I am usually doing something else, and pop in for a quick post here and there.

ChuckD
07-21-2011, 07:42 AM
What is your problem with me? My computer may be here for hours, but I am usually doing something else, and pop in for a quick post here and there.

His problem with you is that you're a blowhard. You spout all this shit as if it were fact, and when people ask you for some backup, you say you're too busy to look it up. You're just an angry fuck who really doesn't know anything.

Winehole23
07-21-2011, 08:25 AM
What is your problem with me?My harsh descriptions of you aren't a problem for me.

My computer may be here for hours, but I am usually doing something else, and pop in for a quick post here and there.

Objects may appear closer than they actually are.

Winehole23
07-21-2011, 08:29 AM
Team: Portland Trailblazers
SpursTalk Cash: $2000

Winehole23
07-21-2011, 08:29 AM
Last Activity: Today 07:50 AM
Current Activity: Viewing Forum Political Forum (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)