PDA

View Full Version : sons where to stay in San Antonio near the River Walk?

BRHornet45
07-20-2011, 10:56 PM
sons I'm going to be in San Antonio for a weekend in about 6 weeks and preferably need to stay at a hotel that is reasonable walking distance from the river walk. what are some decent hotels in the area? thx

BRHornet45
07-20-2011, 11:18 PM
its been several years since I stayed in S.A. .... any recommendations would be appreciated.

ashbeeigh
07-20-2011, 11:23 PM
It really depends on your budget. Stay close to the Riverwalk if you want the real tourist-y experience.

Don't listen to mouse2moose.

BRHornet45
07-20-2011, 11:24 PM
It really depends on your budget. Stay close to the Riverwalk if you want the real tourist-y experience.

Don't listen to mouse2moose.

preferably at least a 3.5-4 star hotel under $250 a night.

Fpoonsie
07-20-2011, 11:24 PM
Hotel Valencia is my favorite on the Riverwalk, but I can't imagine the bill after 6 weeks.

As far as extended stay hotels, I can't really help you...

Libri
07-20-2011, 11:27 PM
Son, so you finally warmed up to Becky and have come to see her in person?

BRHornet45
07-20-2011, 11:28 PM
Hotel Valencia is my favorite on the Riverwalk, but I can't imagine the bill after 6 weeks.

As far as extended stay hotels, I can't really help you...

lol son I'm going to be there in 6 weeks, not staying for 6 weeks

Wilford Brimley
07-20-2011, 11:28 PM
sons I'm going to be in San Antonio for a weekend in about 6 weeks and preferably need to stay at a hotel that is reasonable walking distance from the river walk. what are some decent hotels in the area? thx

You coming to reclaim all your rats and bums?

BRHornet45
07-20-2011, 11:29 PM
Son, so you finally warmed up to Becky and have come to see her in person?

son maybe if Sue Bird was in town ... nah I have some business to deal with over a weekend.

DMX7
07-20-2011, 11:42 PM

Hotel Valencia is 4 star and reasonably priced.

http://www.hotelvalencia-riverwalk.com/

DesignatedT
07-20-2011, 11:48 PM
grand hyatt, marriot rivercenter

lower scale would be like westin riverwalk

there all nice.

trypldubl
07-20-2011, 11:49 PM
I stayed at the Hotel Contessa during a weekend last December. It was little less then $190 a night. I did some research before on other hotels before staying there. The rooms are very spacious and modern compaired to most on the riverwalk.

Just my suggestion BR. http://www.thehotelcontessa.com/

Spursfan092120
07-20-2011, 11:49 PM
What the fuck ever ashbeigh. youre full of shit. downtown is notin but poor ass vagrants who wont hesitate to rob anyone they think may have a dime on them. stay outta downtown and outside the 410 loop in general. its a fucking 3rd world war zone inside the 410. outside the 1604 loop is fine only on the north side. the rest is shit.
you're a dumbass

son maybe if Sue Bird was in town ... nah I have some business to deal with over a weekend.

Valencia is very nice...great recommendation from the others.

Fpoonsie
07-20-2011, 11:51 PM

Oh, ok. Sorry. Misread that HORRIBLY.

Yeah. Try Valencia. Especially if you're bringin some "dime piece" w/ you.

mrsmaalox
07-21-2011, 12:14 AM
I like the Emily Morgan, it runs around $120/night. Directly across the street from the Alamo, great restaurant and bar, jacuzzi tubs :)

http://www.emilymorganhotel.com/home

BRHornet45
07-21-2011, 12:30 AM
I had no idea that San Antonio river walk / downtown was so dangerous from what many of you have said. Maybe I should consider staying outside of San Antonio somewhere safe and just waking up a little earlier to make the drive into town for the day?

Viva Las Espuelas
07-21-2011, 12:32 AM
uh. no. not unless he wants to witness crime first hand.

http://www.ksat.com/news/15850148/detail.html
Police Shoot, Kill Man At Emily Morgan Hotel

POSTED: Thursday, April 10, 2008
UPDATED: 6:57 pm CDT April 10, 2008

CubanSucks
07-21-2011, 12:42 AM
whenever you're walking the river you gotta check out a place called Crazy Sams. It's a small little bar/seafood place. It's on the same level as the river but separated from it by a building so the only way to get to it is either through that building or going down one of the stairways on Lasoya St. It's super chilled out with an artificial waterfall and extension of the river and a bunch of shade and neat landscape. Trust me my zebra brotha, unless it's changed since the last time I've been there (June 2010), it's the best place to be drunk.

What the fuck ever ashbeigh. youre full of shit. downtown is notin but poor ass vagrants who wont hesitate to rob anyone they think may have a dime on them. stay outta downtown and outside the 410 loop in general. its a fucking 3rd world war zone inside the 410. outside the 1604 loop is fine only on the north side. the rest is shit.

wtf? As long as you stay around the river/Rivercenter Mall area you'll be great.

CubanSucks
07-21-2011, 12:44 AM
it absolutely is dangerous. most of san antonio is dangerous. the cartels from mexico along with many mexican gangs are headquarted here. san antonio is only safe on the north side outside the 1604 loop.

wtf? As long as you stay around the river/Rivercenter Mall area you'll be great.

seriously, it's tourist central. Don't know where ghetto ass mouse2mouse has been hanging out but the Riverwalk is like any other tourist spot

DMX7
07-21-2011, 12:51 AM
it absolutely is dangerous. most of san antonio is dangerous. the cartels from mexico along with many mexican gangs are headquarted here. san antonio is only safe on the north side outside the 1604 loop.

My god, you're stupid.

CubanSucks
07-21-2011, 01:26 AM
:lmao I hope you'd have this much concern if someone was talking about NYC and LA. Of course there's a lot of crime! It's the 7th biggest city in the country! Doesn't take anything away from the tourist spots that are solely occupied by tourists, business folk, and cops

HighLowLobForBig-50
07-21-2011, 01:27 AM
son, ill be expecting a PM in about 5 1/2 weeks

BRHornet45
07-21-2011, 01:30 AM
damn sons mouse got me scared of San Antonio! I feel safer in N.O. now!

CubanSucks
07-21-2011, 01:37 AM
u are...especially now that most of the refugees from katrina moved into east san antonio and houston.

:lmao ignorant more than stupid

ashbeeigh
07-21-2011, 07:17 AM
Just fyi 78207 is where the jail is which would explain the color. And unless you plan on staying in a hotel on the eastside or asking someone if they have relocated here from New Orleans, which actually BEHornet might do you won't be able to tell who is from New Orleans.

I won't deny that there is a crime in downtown San Antonio, but you are being ignorant if you don't believe that there is crime in any big(ish) city's downtown area. I'd also like to see the data for that map. It looks like someone just put it together to illustrate their point...like m2m.

Spursfan092120
07-21-2011, 07:54 AM
u are...especially now that most of the refugees from katrina moved into east san antonio and houston.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_vI6LGR352yE/TIRAbSmWwfI/AAAAAAAAACo/8iIV6gUDNRE/s1600/keep+trolling.jpeg

to21
07-21-2011, 07:55 AM
Yeah only lil bitches should stay out of downtown/riverwalk sa.

Sup m2m?

DMC
07-21-2011, 09:20 AM
I've been all over downtown SA, never had any issues in 25 years.

If you stay in NW SA, where Moose wants you to, you will have a decent drive to downtown, and the faces aren't any better near the TPC than they are downtown.

CubanMustGo
07-21-2011, 09:25 AM
Fuck you, you trolling prick. My 90-yo mother lives in one of your 'dangerous as fuck' zones and doesn't have any problems. Go back to Southlake or one of your whitey-only zones. If downtown SA was the horror zone you make it out to be you wouldn't have hundreds of thousands of people coming for conventions every year.

http://geocha855lkboard.files.wordpr451ess.com/2010/06/crim85774%5D%5Be1.png

my stupidity = extremely dangerous

fify

DMX7
07-21-2011, 09:50 AM
Mouse- you're so fucking stupid it hurts.

The riverwalk is like the most visited spot in Texas. It wouldn't be if it were run by Mexican cartels. lol

Chingo Bling
07-21-2011, 10:33 AM
Hey M2M, why you so scared of erything? Are you really that mush of a little putito? You know how many white people are at the Riverwalk every night guey? Once you get out of momma's house and have to find a yob and a place to stay you'll see how big SA really is. I know people like you from the proyects. They spend their whole lives shillin' in the same area and don't realize erything they're missing.
Why don't you get yer face out of mommas chiches and take a look around you mijo? And if you need a yob guey you can work for Chingo. I teash you how to slang them tamales cabron.

phxspurfan
07-21-2011, 10:34 AM
The Riverwalk is beautiful. Ditto to La Villita, the SA Public Library, the Zoo, the Symphony, The Alamo and of course the ATT Center. Also San Pedro Park is quite nice, and I think the 3rd oldest park in the country behind Central Park and Boston Common. These are all downtown, and if you don't visit downtown during a stay in SA you're missing out on almost all the city has to offer. Downtown was not at all dangrous when I lived in SA (a few yrs ago) and I went downtown a lot, and walked a fair share of it.

Oh and in my HS days I did an independent study one year with a City of SA urban planner. One of the things I learned during that year was the downtown is neglected by the city government for funding for a lot of aspects, but they are working on revitalizing it. It's a long, political process. But this refers to mostly the residential areas where you will not be walking.

tlongII
07-21-2011, 10:35 AM
Marriott.

hater
07-21-2011, 10:42 AM
why don't you stay inside the river of the River Walk? It will feel like back home.

hater
07-21-2011, 11:18 AM
BRHornet and his family arrive in San Antonio:

http://www.mac-web.org/Projects/assets/DHRWT/phase1_elizpk_janislayne.JPG

ashbeeigh
07-21-2011, 11:30 AM
ok bitch
http://www.kens5.com/home/The-most-dangerous-zipcodes-in-San-Antonio-70247292.html

they are violent crimes between jan1 2009 and oct 5 2009 stats from SAPD. VIOLENT crimes...

"
Counties outlined in dark shades of blue saw less than 65 violent crimes during the time period.
-Light blue: Between 66 and 232 violent crimes
-Green or yellow: Between 233 and 473 violent crimes
-Orange: 474 and 864 violent crimes
-Red: More than 865 violent crimes
"

Well it's 2011, so I need more updated stats. Thanks for playing.

clambake
07-21-2011, 11:57 AM
stay on the river. you won't even have to walk. just strap yourself to back of those giant cockroaches.

Leetonidas
07-21-2011, 12:03 PM
lol saying San Antonio's dangerous. Of course there are dangerous areas where the hoodrats and cholos hang out, don't go propagate the lower east side and the south side and you'll be fine. I live on the NW side by 410/Culebra and shit is pretty quiet over here, just stupid kids tagging on fences and shit a neighborhoods over

Sounds like this guy is just a pussy who got mugged a few years ago and refuses to leave his house now

Nathan Explosion
07-21-2011, 08:14 PM
If SA was so dangerous, why is it one of the least stressful big cities to live in on Forbes' list of the most stressful cities in the US?

http://www.forbes.com/2009/08/20/stress-unemployment-homes-lifestyle-real-estate-home-values-stressful-cities_slide_3.html

In fact, only 1 city on their list ranked lower (which is a good thing), Austin.

BTW, that ranking is of the 40 largest metro areas in the US.

DMC
07-21-2011, 08:24 PM
If SA was so dangerous, why is it one of the least stressful big cities to live in on Forbes' list of the most stressful cities in the US?

http://www.forbes.com/2009/08/20/stress-unemployment-homes-lifestyle-real-estate-home-values-stressful-cities_slide_3.html

In fact, only 1 city on their list ranked lower (which is a good thing), Austin.

BTW, that ranking is of the 40 largest metro areas in the US.
Mostly based on employment stats and air quality. Apples and oranges.

Creepn
07-21-2011, 09:00 PM
Damn shame they didn't fix up the east side like I thought they would when they built the AT&T center. There's potential there. Very good homecooking and soul food restaurants there. Need a good haircut, east side is where to go as well.