PDA

View Full Version : CBA will be approved by players tonight

The Batman
07-21-2011, 03:33 PM
mortreport Chris Mortensen
Players will debate and discuss but certainly will recertify as a union, but want lockout lifted asap once they approve settlement tonight

mortreport Chris Mortensen
In nutshell, I do expect players to approve settlement but lockout could be delayed if owners insist on waiting for recertification process

Kai
07-22-2011, 02:43 PM
Not!

manufan10
07-22-2011, 05:32 PM
Players won't even talk about it until Monday is what I heard.

manufan10
07-22-2011, 06:00 PM
Per @Adamschefter a settlement regarding WR Vincent Jackson one thing that may be holding up deal.

@wingoz

manufan10
07-22-2011, 06:04 PM
AdamSchefter Adam Schefter

Player reps emailed a letter to players saying, "We will meet again Monday to discuss our options and the direction we want to go."

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-22-2011, 06:15 PM
If the owners lose 1-2 preseason games over this, they have only themselves to blame. This woulda been over weeks ago if they weren't asking the players to compromise so much.

Spursfan092120
07-22-2011, 06:47 PM
If the owners lose 1-2 preseason games over this, they have only themselves to blame. This woulda been over weeks ago if they weren't asking the players to compromise so much.

This...and then trying to act like the deal was done, just to make the players look bad if they turn it down. Not taking sides, exactly, but that was a dumb shit move.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-22-2011, 07:29 PM
:lol nothing is wrong with taking sides. The owners have clearly been the more greedy, scummy, shitheaded group during the lockout. The NFL needed little to no change to its CBA, it lost profit because of the bad economy but virtually every team is still making money. The owners acted like the NFL was in as much financial trouble as the NBA and the CBA needed radical change. Once the owners refused to give up the audited financial statements the players wanted, the lockout shoulda been over.

Spurtacus
07-22-2011, 08:41 PM
The owners have conceded more then we know to get a new CBA done. I believe revenue sharing for players is at 48%. I love how the NFLPA said the owners agreed on a CBA that they modified from their previous agreement yet also state they haven't read the CBA the owners agreed to. How can you claim the owners added to the CBA if you haven't read it? You have asshats like Chad Johnson probably doesn't know how to read but he'll tweet that he's getting screwed by the owners.

You have greedy blood sucking lawyers and faggots like Vincent Jackson holding up the deal.

Players have more to lose then the owners. If they want their paycheck then get with the program. I'm not on either side but this is gone on way too fucking long.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-22-2011, 08:54 PM
I'm not on either side
:lmao yeah sure

"These owners have been gracious :cry in conceding certain things for a new CBA :cry what gracious fuckin billionaires :cry"

Axe Murderer
07-22-2011, 08:56 PM
not a f'in dime DoK, not a f'in dime!!!

uh, uh

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-22-2011, 09:45 PM
:lmao

Tparks Chins
07-22-2011, 10:01 PM
These commie players should just go play in the Red Army league if they don't like what the owners offer.

Oh, thats right there isn't one.

Liberal pinkos should just be happy these respectable business owners allow them to be a part of their billion dollar enterprise at all.

:smh its not that complicated people.

What he said

IronMexican
07-22-2011, 10:11 PM
Upgraded to ESPN today, cause I figured NFL is back. It betta happen. Don't wanna waste money.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
07-23-2011, 01:42 PM
Owners turning the screws on the players. They've done a good job painting the players as complete fucking morons.

Of course you're going to come to a vote a lot sooner with a group of 32 than with a group of roughly 2000.

BTW, the 31-0 vote should tell you who got fucked in this deal. But the interesting thing, as always it seems, is Davis abstaining. I'd love to know why.

Spurtacus
07-23-2011, 05:36 PM
Owners turning the screws on the players. They've done a good job painting the players as complete fucking morons.

Of course you're going to come to a vote a lot sooner with a group of 32 than with a group of roughly 2000.

BTW, the 31-0 vote should tell you who got fucked in this deal. But the interesting thing, as always it seems, is Davis abstaining. I'd love to know why.

Perhaps it was a unanimous vote because this is something that has been worked on for months? Its not like the CBA was thrown together yesterday and voted on.

Spurtacus
07-23-2011, 05:38 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/#!/nfl/story/15346251/players-expected-to-vote-on-new-cba-within-2448-hours

Looks like shit is finally coming together. Lets see if the players vote to earn some paychecks this season.

Jacob1983
07-24-2011, 01:18 AM
Greedy mofos

LakerHater
07-24-2011, 05:50 PM
Tomorrow night (7/25)?

jacobdrj
07-25-2011, 12:00 PM
FML. Was hoping there would be no FB this year...

NBA, get you act together. I think I would have to detach myself from TV if I had to endure the NFL babble without pro basketball games...