PDA

View Full Version : Fifa u-20

ElNono
07-21-2011, 09:31 PM
Starts on July 29. Can be seen on ESPN3.com in the US.

Schedule:
http://www.fifa.com/u20worldcup/matches/index.html

lol Mexico - Argentina in the same group :lol

Muser
07-22-2011, 06:38 AM
Group D looks like the shittiest group i've ever seen in any tournament.

urunobili
07-22-2011, 02:32 PM
who's the favorite?

Libri
07-23-2011, 01:06 AM
who's the favorite?

Argentina! :p:

ElNono
07-23-2011, 01:42 AM
who's the favorite?

No clue

Libri
07-23-2011, 01:49 AM
Argentina is a powerhouse. They have won six U-20 championships.

IronMaxipad
07-29-2011, 05:09 PM
Mexico about to tap that ass.

i hope. :lol

ElNono
07-29-2011, 05:27 PM
:lol

ElNono
07-29-2011, 06:17 PM
I like the defense, but these guys can't make 3 passes together.

IronMaxipad
07-29-2011, 06:19 PM
Pretty boring half.

ElNono
07-29-2011, 06:35 PM
:lol that keeper

ElNono
07-29-2011, 06:57 PM
:lol Mexico
:lol Gio
:lol sons

Sense
07-29-2011, 07:23 PM
Yeah this U-20 squad is just as bad as the Copa America team... pretty horrible passing, and the attacking was pathetic to say the least..

I can't believe Cubo missed that chance, wtf was his thinking... smh

and why didn't he fucking start? Clearly one of the only good players on that team.. That's enough U-20 for me, I'll be surprised if this U-20 team gets past the group stage.

IronMaxipad
07-29-2011, 07:24 PM
Argentina are the favorites right?

Didn't play too bad.. :lol

IronMaxipad
07-29-2011, 07:25 PM
Yeah this U-20 squad is just as bad as the Copa America team... pretty horrible passing, and the attacking was pathetic to say the least..

I can't believe Cubo missed that chance, wtf was his thinking... smh

and why didn't he fucking start? Clearly one of the only good players on that team.. That's enough U-20 for me, I'll be surprised if this U-20 team gets past the group stage.

Cubo can't score goals that's why he doesn't start.

Sense
07-29-2011, 07:27 PM
Cubo can't score goals that's why he doesn't start.

Yeah, but apparently none of them can.

Sense
07-29-2011, 07:28 PM
U-17 team > U-20 team > Copa America team

IronMaxipad
07-29-2011, 07:30 PM
Yeah, but apparently none of them can.

Cubo has been in a big slump so that's why he's benched and he was cut from Copa America team, the others can score..obviously not today. they played like shit.

And I can't believe Enriquez is the captain though.. :lol it's like copa america all over again :bang

ElNono
07-29-2011, 07:31 PM
Argentina are the favorites right?

No way. We played like shit. This team defends OK, but seem to have a lot of problems attacking.

Sense
07-29-2011, 07:39 PM
Cubo has been in a big slump so that's why he's benched and he was cut from Copa America team, the others can score..obviously not today. they played like shit.

And I can't believe Enriquez is the captain though.. :lol it's like copa america all over again :bang

Their passing was the worst I've seen in any match since... idk... Copa America team.

I kept wondering if they were even aiming for someone... or something... it was ridiculous.

IronMaxipad
07-29-2011, 07:46 PM
Their passing was the worst I've seen in any match since... idk... Copa America team.

I kept wondering if they were even aiming for someone... or something... it was ridiculous.

Yeah. tbh even Argentina played bad. both teams kept losing the ball in the midfield.

Sense
07-29-2011, 07:48 PM
Yeah. tbh even Argentina played bad. both teams kept losing the ball in the midfield.

You sound like you have high hopes for this Mexican team :/..

IronMaxipad
07-29-2011, 07:52 PM
You sound like you have high hopes for this Mexican team :/..

High hopes? Not really. but i'm also not all doom and gloom. :lol

I'll watch till the end, tbh. I'm not a fairweather fan.

Sense
07-29-2011, 09:16 PM
High hopes? Not really. but i'm also not all doom and gloom. :lol

I'll watch till the end, tbh. I'm not a fairweather fan.

doom and gloom? Fairweather?

I can't cheer for a team that has no passion on the field... define that however you want... but this team just doesn't have that, and they showed it throughout the game... it was like watching an MLS team out there.

IronMaxipad
07-29-2011, 09:40 PM
doom and gloom? Fairweather?

I can't cheer for a team that has no passion on the field... define that however you want... but this team just doesn't have that, and they showed it throughout the game... it was like watching an MLS team out there.

Sounds like you're the one that had high expectations..:lol Giving up on a team after 1 game is ridiculous but go ahead no one is stopping you.

DAF86
07-29-2011, 09:47 PM
From what I heard Mexico is a favourtie to win this thing so you should keep on watching. The thing is you faced...

Lamela=Jesus

Today, no shame in losing against the soon to be second best player in the World :hat

ElNono
07-29-2011, 11:03 PM
lol that Lamela is all name and no game...

Sense
07-30-2011, 12:11 AM
From what I heard Mexico is a favourtie to win this thing so you should keep on watching. The thing is you faced...

Lamela=Jesus

Today, no shame in losing against the soon to be second best player in the World :hat

:lol Mexico favorite?

DAF86
07-30-2011, 03:22 PM
http://img13.mediafire.com/c055e4b622fd431c44449904515b3e539b62a6b995a0a0212b d77d8b0122ab315g.jpg

IronMaxipad
08-01-2011, 06:57 PM
2 sick ass goals by mexico.

eng vs arg coming up should be good

Sense
08-01-2011, 06:58 PM
link the goals.. didn't watch :|

IronMaxipad
08-01-2011, 07:01 PM
link the goals.. didn't watch :|

Vids not up yet, they won 3-0. They played better but their passing by the midfielders is still bad at times.

Sense
08-01-2011, 07:03 PM
Vids not up yet, they won 3-0. They played better but their passing by the midfielders is still bad at times.

Who scored?

IronMaxipad
08-01-2011, 07:06 PM
Who scored?

1st goal was an own goal, 2nd goal was Taufic Guarch, 3rd by Diego De Buen.

ElNono
08-01-2011, 07:09 PM
saw 2nd goal... pretty... good win

IronMaxipad
08-01-2011, 07:21 PM
2nd goal
Pk3uUB5sVnA

Edit: better vid 3rd goal @ 4:23
UoS3E3f-dUo

ElNono
08-01-2011, 07:56 PM
What happened to the red england kits? That blue shirt is awful.

lol italy

ElNono
08-01-2011, 07:57 PM
nevermind, they're jackets on top... couldn't tell...

ElNono
08-01-2011, 08:31 PM
lol BS call FTW

ElNono
08-01-2011, 09:35 PM
:sleep:sleep:sleep:sleep

tlongII
08-01-2011, 09:51 PM
0-0 final. Good game, but neither team could finish.

ElNono
08-01-2011, 09:52 PM
both teams too worn out. I liked that number 20 that entered for ARG at the end.

DAF86
08-01-2011, 09:58 PM
The only entertainment in this tournament for me was to watch Lamela but anouncers said that he's playing injured, FML.

P/S: These Argentinians center backs >>> The ones in the big boys team

P/S 2: What does "smh" means?

Sense
08-01-2011, 09:59 PM
The only entertainment in this tournament for me was to watch Lamela but anouncers said that he's playing injured, FML.

P/S: These Argentinians center backs >>> The ones in the big boys team

P/S 2: What does "smh" means?

Shaking my head

DAF86
08-01-2011, 10:14 PM
Thanks, I knew I could have used that instead of FML.

ElNono
08-01-2011, 10:39 PM
Lamela has a sprained ankle... IDK he's going to be ok for the rest of the tourney :cry :cry :cry

urunobili
08-02-2011, 06:44 PM
anybody watching the games?

ElNono
08-02-2011, 09:02 PM
anybody watching the games?

Only watching on Argie days, tbh. I caught that Mexico game because of that.

urunobili
08-03-2011, 11:11 AM
Uruguay made NZ's goalie look like 2009 Julio Cesar on steroids and only drew 1-1.

apalisoc_9
08-03-2011, 09:54 PM
Some Fun matches Today and lots of Goals

Nigeria Vs. Croatia 5-2
Saudi Arabia Vs. Guatemala 6-0
Costa Rica Vs. Australia 3-2
Spain Vs. Ecuador 2-0

EDIT:

I woinder how the US younng "talent" would have fared in this cup..They got knock out by Guatemala to anyone who doesnt know.

TDMVPDPOY
08-03-2011, 10:35 PM
htf saudi win 6-0, did they pay them billions for the win?

apalisoc_9
08-03-2011, 10:40 PM
htf saudi win 6-0, did they pay them billions for the win?

and i believe 2-0 against croatia as well. Very talented team, surprisingly. Specially the skinhead guy from Saudi..But 6 is probably just because Guatemala is awful.

I've watched almost all the games so far,

Nigeria
Spain
Brazil

Would be favorites in my book, but anything can happen

Sense
08-04-2011, 05:23 PM
Mexico got a penalty shot blocked... smh weak ass shot

IronMaxipad
08-04-2011, 05:50 PM
Mexico dominating but can't fucking score.. Guarch(SP?) missed 2 right in front of goal.. smh

IronMaxipad
08-04-2011, 07:00 PM
:sleep:sleep England bunkered all game long.

Mexico plays whoever gets second place from group B

Portugal, Uruguay, Cameroon, or New Zealand

Sense
08-04-2011, 07:23 PM
Yeah the game was boring throughout... Mexico should've won easily 2-0...

smh

apalisoc_9
08-05-2011, 03:55 AM
Yeah the game was boring throughout... Mexico should've won easily 2-0...

smh

Confirmed

EGYPT vs. ARGENTINA in the round of sixteen.

ElNono
08-05-2011, 04:40 PM
Capt Pezzella is out for the competition looks like. We'll see how the defense for ARG holds, since that was the high point of the team.

urunobili
08-05-2011, 05:53 PM
I think Portugal has a lot of chances...

IronMaxipad
08-05-2011, 07:31 PM
Mexico vs Cameroon

Anyone seen Cameroon play? Are they any good?

urunobili
08-06-2011, 12:09 AM
Mexico vs Cameroon

Anyone seen Cameroon play? Are they any good?

They have nothing. Mexico will advance easy I'd put my money on that. All physical play not a lot of skill

apalisoc_9
08-07-2011, 01:54 AM
A few thoughts

Brasil - Saudi Arabia: The arabs actually played a great game against Nigeria But was super unlucky to lose. Brazil might be in quite a tough match if the asian play the way they have played the past three games and finish there chances. Still, I really dont see them getting past a much more experienced team. Brazil has been playing Entertaining football the last three games, but not in the expense of the defense which is very solid

Spain - South Korea: Korea could cause problems for Spain. They are very well organized at the back and that Could mean an interesting game, but Spain should be strong favourites. I would never count out the Koreans however.

Cameroon - Mexico: Mexico Surely played better in the group phase. But Cameroon has improved since their first game. The Mexicans are better with the ball while Cameroon is a very physical team. Hard to predict this Match-up considering the fact that they havent really showed anything special

Colombia - Costa Rica: Should be a fascinating game. Both teams love to attack regardless of opponent..But Columbia seem to be more organized at the back. Costa rica in there last three games have shown that there defense is blunder prone, and they tend to lose concentration.

Nigeria - England: The best offence vs the best defense, stat wise. But to be honest the only way England wins this is if they. end up in penalties..which i dont think would happen..ofcousre there is always the lucky goal and all

France - Ecuador: France had a horrible opening but ever since then they have improved alot on both sides of the field. They are very organized at the back and show alot of teamwork. The Ecuadorians are erratic and very unpredictable but i dont seem them beating France

Portugal - Guatemala: Portugal get a bye to the quarterfinal...I hate this 24 team format

Argentina - Egypt: Game of the 1/8 final. Honestly I think Argentina will crash out. Egypt has looked the better team in the group phase..And when it comes to teamwork,at the moment, Argentina is nowhere near Egypt

Sense
08-07-2011, 06:41 AM
A few thoughts

Brasil - Saudi Arabia: The arabs actually played a great game against Nigeria But was super unlucky to lose. Brazil might be in quite a tough match if the asian play the way they have played the past three games and finish there chances. Still, I really dont see them getting past a much more experienced team. Brazil has been playing Entertaining football the last three games, but not in the expense of the defense which is very solid

Spain - South Korea: Korea could cause problems for Spain. They are very well organized at the back and that Could mean an interesting game, but Spain should be strong favourites. I would never count out the Koreans however.

Cameroon - Mexico: Mexico Surely played better in the group phase. But Cameroon has improved since their first game. The Mexicans are better with the ball while Cameroon is a very physical team. Hard to predict this Match-up considering the fact that they havent really showed anything special

Colombia - Costa Rica: Should be a fascinating game. Both teams love to attack regardless of opponent..But Columbia seem to be more organized at the back. Costa rica in there last three games have shown that there defense is blunder prone, and they tend to lose concentration.

Nigeria - England: The best offence vs the best defense, stat wise. But to be honest the only way England wins this is if they. end up in penalties..which i dont think would happen..ofcousre there is always the lucky goal and all

France - Ecuador: France had a horrible opening but ever since then they have improved alot on both sides of the field. They are very organized at the back and show alot of teamwork. The Ecuadorians are erratic and very unpredictable but i dont seem them beating France

Portugal - Guatemala: Portugal get a bye to the quarterfinal...I hate this 24 team format

Argentina - Egypt: Game of the 1/8 final. Honestly I think Argentina will crash out. Egypt has looked the better team in the group phase..And when it comes to teamwork,at the moment, Argentina is nowhere near Egypt
Predictions on teams I've never seen

Brazil
Spain
Mexico
Columbia
Nigeria
Ecuador
Portugal
Argentina

IronMaxipad
08-07-2011, 10:00 AM
A few thoughts

You've watched every team play? holy shit :wow

apalisoc_9
08-07-2011, 12:11 PM
You've watched every team play? holy shit :wow

Thanks to replays :D

DAF86
08-07-2011, 03:07 PM

I'm not saying it's not the case 'cause of this tournament I have only seen parts of Argentina's maches but how can a team that ended third in their group look better that a team that ended first scored 4 goals and didn't get scored on?

IronMaxipad
08-07-2011, 04:51 PM
I'm not saying it's not the case 'cause of this tournament I have only seen parts of Argentina's maches but how can a team that ended third in their group look better that a team that ended first scored 4 goals and didn't get scored on?

I haven't seen Egypt play but they got the same amount of points "7" as Argentina and they have a +5 goal differential.

apalisoc_9
08-07-2011, 06:33 PM

first of all Egypt finished second on their group with 7 points and a 5+ goal differential. Secondly, they only conceded 1 goal and that was against Brazil. I'm not saying egypt is better in skill, tactics or whatever. I'm saying at the moment and with all the three matches played so far by both team, the desire, motivation and system are all in favor of Egypt..The kids know what they are doing. All of their goal were assisted and was a result of a team run, whilst if you watch Argentina goals, Most are because of individual play. Cohesion is Probably the most important thing in soccer, IMO.

DAF86
08-07-2011, 08:02 PM
first of all Egypt finished second on their group with 7 points and a 5+ goal differential. Secondly, they only conceded 1 goal and that was against Brazil. I'm not saying egypt is better in skill, tactics or whatever. I'm saying at the moment and with all the three matches played so far by both team, the desire, motivation and system are all in favor of Egypt..The kids know what they are doing. All of their goal were assisted and was a result of a team run, whilst if you watch Argentina goals, Most are because of individual play. Cohesion is Probably the most important thing in soccer, IMO.

Sorry, I heard Argentina played against a third, didn't even check. I'm not following this tournament much, just some parts of Argentina's matches, and yeah they're nothing special.

apalisoc_9
08-07-2011, 08:37 PM
Sorry, I heard Argentina played against a third, didn't even check. I'm not following this tournament much, just some parts of Argentina's matches, and yeah they're nothing special.

Talent is there.. Management just needs to do a little bit more work to motivate the kids and make the play team ball.

ElNono
08-07-2011, 10:27 PM
tbh, if Argentina plays the same brand of defense as the first 3 games, and get a little sharper finishing, they'll win. If they get sloppy, they're out.

The problem for them in this game is that one of the two best defenders is out (the capt), and the number 8 in the midfield whose name I can't remember was a little engine and he'll be suspended for this game.

Argentina will rarely, if ever, play team ball. Cohesion never stopped them from winning at this level, though. The biggest problem is that they just don't have over the top individual talent on this team like they had in times past. So they're definitely nothing special, but I haven't seen any team outside of Spain that look all that much superior either.

apalisoc_9
08-08-2011, 12:37 AM
tbh, if Argentina plays the same brand of defense as the first 3 games, and get a little sharper finishing, they'll win. If they get sloppy, they're out.

The problem for them in this game is that one of the two best defenders is out (the capt), and the number 8 in the midfield whose name I can't remember was a little engine and he'll be suspended for this game.

Argentina will rarely, if ever, play team ball. Cohesion never stopped them from winning at this level, though. The biggest problem is that they just don't have over the top individual talent on this team like they had in times past. So they're definitely nothing special, but I haven't seen any team outside of Spain that look all that much superior either.

Excuses already? Depth is part of a team, none can make excuses about how one is not there or whatever because frankly the same thing can be said about Egypt or every team in the under 20 world cup, save maybe for Guatemala..And I am being serious with that.

They have enough talent to make it all the way. They need not be as talented as the previous Generation to win it all, just look at Ghana 2009. What they had was Cohesion. I have no idea why you would think talent>team.

Nigeria, Brazil, Egypt, Columbia France are all in a great run and have been very impressive the past couple of game.

ElNono
08-08-2011, 01:04 AM
Excuses already? Depth is part of a team, none can make excuses about how one is not there or whatever because frankly the same thing can be said about Egypt or every team in the under 20 world cup, save maybe for Guatemala..And I am being serious with that.

No excuses. This Argentina team is just average. The only high point has been defense, and it's only obvious to remark that losing one of the top two defenders in the team can have an impact.

The only player that stood out from the bunch, IMO, is that kid Luque. He might be a kid to keep an eye on. Especially since the senior team is really missing some wingers.

They have enough talent to make it all the way. They need not be as talented as the previous Generation to win it all, just look at Ghana 2009. What they had was Cohesion. I have no idea why you would think talent>team.

That's the way Argentina has been for a long time now, especially in this category. Argentina has traditionally won with over-the-top talent over team play at this level:

In '97: Samuel, Cambiasso, Riquelme, Aimar
In '99: Cambiasso, Montenegro, Galletti, Peralta
In '01: Saviola, D'Alessandro, Maxi Rodriguez
In '03: Zabaleta, Mascherano, Tevez
In '05: Messi, Agüero, Gago
In '07: Di Maria, Agüero, Banega, Zarate

I'm not saying other teams don't win with team play. I'm just saying I don't expect Argentina to do so, and that hasn't stopped them from winning before. Now, this year it might be different because they really don't have any over-the-top talent in the team.

Nigeria, Brazil, Egypt, Columbia France are all in a great run and have been very impressive the past couple of game.

I think it's pretty even out there. Mexico played good games too. I thought Spain looks slightly above, but it's certainly debatable.

apalisoc_9
08-08-2011, 06:08 PM
No excuses. This Argentina team is just average. The only high point has been defense, and it's only obvious to remark that losing one of the top two defenders in the team can have an impact.

The only player that stood out from the bunch, IMO, is that kid Luque. He might be a kid to keep an eye on. Especially since the senior team is really missing some wingers.

That's the way Argentina has been for a long time now, especially in this category. Argentina has traditionally won with over-the-top talent over team play at this level:

In '97: Samuel, Cambiasso, Riquelme, Aimar
In '99: Cambiasso, Montenegro, Galletti, Peralta
In '01: Saviola, D'Alessandro, Maxi Rodriguez
In '03: Zabaleta, Mascherano, Tevez
In '05: Messi, Agüero, Gago
In '07: Di Maria, Agüero, Banega, Zarate

I'm not saying other teams don't win with team play. I'm just saying I don't expect Argentina to do so, and that hasn't stopped them from winning before. Now, this year it might be different because they really don't have any over-the-top talent in the team.

I think it's pretty even out there. Mexico played good games too. I thought Spain looks slightly above, but it's certainly debatable.

That is what i'm trying to say, they are not as talented as the previous generation so they need to learn team..I mean c'mon i'm sure you would agree with me that on the long run Team> Talent..

ElNono
08-08-2011, 06:41 PM
That is what i'm trying to say, they are not as talented as the previous generation so they need to learn team..I mean c'mon i'm sure you would agree with me that on the long run Team> Talent..

Don't disagree with that, I just don't think many of these guys are going to make it to the senior team, so building a team with these guys is a waste of time.

Since Pekerman is gone from looking for and developing young talent, Argentina has nose-dived in that department. This team is a reflection of that, IMO. We'll see who takes cares of the kids with Sabella.

apalisoc_9
08-08-2011, 10:07 PM
Don't disagree with that, I just don't think many of these guys are going to make it to the senior team, so building a team with these guys is a waste of time.

Since Pekerman is gone from looking for and developing young talent, Argentina has nose-dived in that department. This team is a reflection of that, IMO. We'll see who takes cares of the kids with Sabella.

So what are you trying t say this team is a c team? Not buying that...Given that almost all teams save maybe for Guatemala are bringing players that are not the full team so i have heard from everyone....

ElNono
08-08-2011, 10:47 PM
So what are you trying t say this team is a c team? Not buying that...Given that almost all teams save maybe for Guatemala are bringing players that are not the full team so i have heard from everyone....

Nah, this is probably close to the best we have right now at this age. We'll see what the U17 team looks like two years from now. Looking at how they did in the last tournament, I don't think they're keepers either.

In Argentina, whenever a new senior coach is named, they redo the entire management of the kids. It's retarded, but it happens. The current U20 coach is likely to be sacked once he's done with this competition. Things with the kids were better when one thing didn't depend on the other.

ALVAREZ6
08-08-2011, 10:48 PM
In Argentina, they do things irrationally.

apalisoc_9
08-08-2011, 10:54 PM
Nah, this is probably close to the best we have right now at this age. We'll see what the U17 team looks like two years from now. Looking at how they did in the last tournament, I don't think they're keepers either.

In Argentina, whenever a new senior coach is named, they redo the entire management of the kids. It's retarded, but it happens. The current U20 coach is likely to be sacked once he's done with this competition. Things with the kids were better when one thing didn't depend on the other.

That Sucks.

ElNono
08-09-2011, 05:48 PM
End of 1st half

Talent: 1
Team: 0

ElNono
08-09-2011, 06:20 PM
Floppers: 2
Team: 0

ElNono
08-09-2011, 06:21 PM

ElNono
08-09-2011, 06:26 PM
this refs with the bullshit penalties... should've known it was going to fuck up against ARG too

IronMaxipad
08-09-2011, 06:32 PM
If mexico don't get eliminated today, they are fucked next round against Colombia.

ElNono
08-09-2011, 06:53 PM
tbh, if Argentina plays the same brand of defense as the first 3 games, and get a little sharper finishing, they'll win.

:hat

That was some barrage from Egypt at the end. But I thought they held up pretty well. Could've easily ended 2-2 or 5-1. Onto the next round.

DJ Mbenga
08-09-2011, 07:04 PM
great game with guatemala. they went all out and left it all on the field. had a few chances to tie it up but it wasnt their time.

lefty
08-09-2011, 09:13 PM
I hate Egypt, but they git robbed by the refs

Libri
08-09-2011, 09:39 PM
Cam 1
Mex 1

ElNono
08-09-2011, 09:40 PM
Mexico putting up a fight

ElNono
08-09-2011, 09:55 PM
I hate Egypt, but they git robbed by the refs

tlongII
08-09-2011, 10:30 PM
Cameroon vs Mexico going to PK's now.

ElNono
08-09-2011, 10:40 PM
lol Cameroon... Brasil part II

Sense
08-09-2011, 10:49 PM
I loved that the Mexican coach asked the players who wanted to shoot.. on a team with really.. no individual talent, or even leadership among strikers.. it's best to go with the confident players, and they did their job.

I felt bad for the Cameroon GK, he was getting hugs and overall looked liked he wanted to cry way before the PK's started.

Libri
08-09-2011, 11:10 PM
O_o

Libri
08-09-2011, 11:13 PM
Mexico will face Colombia.

Spurologist
08-09-2011, 11:16 PM
FUCK. Cameroon played well enough for the W....couldn't hold on to the lead for more than 2 minutes.

:pctoss

Les Lion Indomptables son battus

apalisoc_9
08-09-2011, 11:18 PM
this refs with the bullshit penalties... should've known it was going to fuck up against ARG too

At least you're honest. Second penalty of argentina is a penalty though, IMO. But disallowed goal, Bullshit penalties..If the ref wasnt such an idiot or whatever it is that happned to him..No way they would have won against egypt.

On and that ref should get banned...

Sense
08-09-2011, 11:24 PM
FUCK. Cameroon played well enough for the W....couldn't hold on to the lead for more than 2 minutes.

They did?

I thought it was clear that Mexico was the better team throughout, Cameroon's defense was just great, and Mexico decided to try to create their chance at goal rather than doing long balls... which I think would've done the difference and this game probably wouldn't have gone to overtime/penalties... Mexico also missed yet a couple more in front of goal.

Spurologist
08-09-2011, 11:46 PM
Mexico had more possession but everything else was relatively even. It was almost a mourinho approach to the game ala Inter vs. Barca.... allow the majority of the possession to the other team but play air tight D and get a goal on the counter. It would've been nice to win on that golazo but 1-1 was a fair result. Then the PK lottery. Only Brazil could compete with those misses.

ElNono
08-09-2011, 11:54 PM
At least you're honest. Second penalty of argentina is a penalty though, IMO. But disallowed goal, Bullshit penalties..If the ref wasnt such an idiot or whatever it is that happned to him..No way they would have won against egypt.

Oh please... all 3 penalties were BS... I couldn't even believe Luque would DARE diving a second time after getting a yellow earlier in the game for his first dive, and the motherfucker not only dived again, he dived a THIRD time for the second penalty :lol

And truth be told, the only team with a clear, clear chance in the first half was that Argentina header in the post that I have no idea how it didn't go in.
Egypt really pushed in the 2nd half, but they really only had 2 good chances where they tested the goalie. A shot across the goalie pushed to the corner, and that play at the end where the goalie screwed up and the tall #6 headed over him to be cleared by a defender. Argentina missed 3 clear chances to put the game away on the counter.

And that's exactly what I'm not liking about this ARG team. Defensively they can play well, but up front they're ridiculously handicapped. It's not that they don't have chances, they just miss goals you can't miss at this category.

We'll see how they play against Portugal saturday. Honestly, I haven't seen a single game from them.

lefty
08-10-2011, 08:45 AM

Hey

If Cameroon plays vs the USA, who are you gonna be rooting for?

DAF86
08-10-2011, 02:11 PM
Oh please... all 3 penalties were BS...

The second Argie penalty was the right call.

--------------------Egypt---Argentina
Shots----------------12-------10
Ball possesion--------49%-----51%

Some mighty domination by Egypt.

tlongII
08-10-2011, 09:48 PM
Brazil kicking some serious ass.

DAF86
08-13-2011, 02:09 PM
Lamela will play with triple bandage today, I really don't see the point. If the kid is not fit to play don't force him, you can jopardize his career doing shit like this, and all for what? A fucking U-20 tournament.

Sense
08-13-2011, 05:47 PM
Just got on to watch the last 10 minutes of the Argentina - Portugal match of the first half... has it been a snoozer? those 10 minutes were..

I think if Colombia stomps on Mexico they take it all.

ElNono
08-13-2011, 05:51 PM
:sleep:sleep

Sense
08-13-2011, 06:19 PM
I keep hearing you guys mention Lamela, but ever since that Mexico vs Argentina game, I thought Iturbe had the most upside... why was he on the bench?

Sense
08-13-2011, 06:50 PM
There's a couple of Messi's on the Portugal squad :lol they keep getting past defenders... also Argentina needs to go up, it's always one or two against 4

ElNono
Lamela is overrated

ElNono
severely

ElNono
08-13-2011, 06:51 PM
ARG looks dead

IronMaxipad
08-13-2011, 06:56 PM
This is going to penalties

ElNono
08-13-2011, 07:36 PM
I like this ARG goalie... we'll see

ElNono
08-13-2011, 07:47 PM
lol Argentina

ElNono
08-13-2011, 07:50 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

ElNono
08-13-2011, 07:51 PM
wasted 2 chances :bang

IronMexican
08-13-2011, 07:52 PM
:lmao They showed that kid flipping the bird.

Libri
lol Arg

Sense
Wow that was entertaining... Argentina had that won.... choked

ElNono
08-13-2011, 07:53 PM
shitty offense did this team in... no surprises there

tlongII
08-13-2011, 07:54 PM
LOL Argentina

ElNono
08-13-2011, 07:57 PM
Goalie and defenders are keepers though... that #3 kid played great... the rest was poor... Lamela is so fucking overrated...

ElNono
08-13-2011, 07:58 PM
Who is Portugal playing next round? They don't look like much of anything either

ElNono
08-13-2011, 07:59 PM
Mexico - Colombia now?

ElNono
08-13-2011, 08:04 PM
nvm.. they're playing.. hope this game has more chances

IronMexican
08-13-2011, 08:38 PM
Lol, not a penal.

Libri
08-13-2011, 08:39 PM
Cubo

1-0

tlongII
08-13-2011, 09:20 PM
LOL Mexico's keeper!

tlongII
08-13-2011, 09:49 PM
LOL Columbia's keeper.

IronMaxipad
08-13-2011, 09:50 PM
So Sense after giving up on this team after the first game you ready to eat:

http://i55.tinypic.com/2iglok2.jpg

:)

IronMaxipad
08-13-2011, 09:55 PM
Mexican Cartel > Colombian Cartel

ElNono
08-13-2011, 10:34 PM
Congrats... missed the second half... I'll watch it tomorrow

Sense
08-13-2011, 10:36 PM
So Sense after giving up on this team after the first game you ready to eat:

http://i55.tinypic.com/2iglok2.jpg

:)

hahaha sure whatever....

I'll eat crow, you have to admit.. that first goal wasn't a penalty... and Mexico looked like shit in the first half, Colombia should've scored a couple... but they stepped up on the second and one man delivered...

IronMaxipad
08-13-2011, 10:40 PM
hahaha sure whatever....

I'll eat crow, you have to admit.. that first goal wasn't a penalty... and Mexico looked like shit in the first half, Colombia should've scored a couple... but they stepped up on the second and one man delivered...

:lol I'm just jokin son.

Yeah that was def not a penalty. And Mexico played like shit all game and still won. Rivera needs to start every game the only striker that can actually score. Even if they lose in the Semi's have to admit that they got way further than expected. lol

Sense
08-13-2011, 10:56 PM
Hell yeah they did, if someone was to tell me the score, I would've guessed Colombia won 3-1, not Mexico... but it's weird, they're really getting lucky :lol I'm still watching.. I hope we get Brazil rather than Spain...

DAF86
08-14-2011, 04:04 PM
I keep hearing you guys mention Lamela, but ever since that Mexico vs Argentina game, I thought Iturbe had the most upside... why was he on the bench?

Lamela is overrated

Lamela got injured in the first game against Mexico and played the whole tournament injured.

Lamela > Your boy Pastore Nono, you'll see with time.

tlongII
08-14-2011, 04:54 PM
Great goal for Nigeria against France to send it to OT. There was probably only 10 seconds left in the game. :lol

Bob Bradley
08-14-2011, 05:20 PM
3-2 in 2nd half ET

ElNono
08-14-2011, 06:26 PM
Lamela > Your boy Pastore Nono, you'll see with time.

I like Pastore not because he's anything great, but because we're really lacking in that position.

Lamela is slow, lazy and me-first. No wonder River went down if he was the team 'star'.

DAF86
08-14-2011, 07:07 PM
I like Pastore not because he's anything great, but because we're really lacking in that position.

Lamela is slow, lazy and me-first. No wonder River went down if he was the team 'star'.

You have seen him play what? 5 matches? And in 4 of them he was injured.

Lamela isn't lazy, in River he played in the wing and he was asked to help on the miedfield everytime the team didn't have the ball and he never failed to do that. If Lamela is lazy Pastore is a fucking training cone then. Lamela >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Pastore in terms of hustle.

And I don't know why you think he is a "me first" kind of guy, he's very shy and humble and on the pitch he works with his teammates just fine.

ElNono
08-14-2011, 07:14 PM
You have seen him play what? 5 matches? And in 4 of them he was injured.

I've seen him play with River too. He's the fancy full of nothing. He's not going to last in Roma, IMO.

DAF86
08-14-2011, 07:22 PM
Maybe, but if he does it will have little to do with his skills. I hope he does OK, IMO he's one of the most talented players to have come out from Argentina in the last years and is a great kid.

ElNono
08-14-2011, 07:48 PM
He might be a great kid, I'm not talking about his qualities as a person. But if he's 'one of the most talented players to have come out from Argentina in the last years' that tells you the sorry ass state ARG soccer is in. I mean, this U-20 team is probably amongst the worst in the past 10-15 years.

ElNono
08-14-2011, 08:05 PM
What a game, Brazil-Spain... Brazil just went up in OT 2-1...

ElNono
08-14-2011, 08:05 PM
It's a shame too, Spain was playing great

ElNono
08-14-2011, 08:06 PM
Spain just tied in OT 2-2

Sense
08-14-2011, 09:08 PM
Looks like

France vs Portugal

Brazil vs Mexico

I guess I got my wish... we'll see what happens :P

tlongII
08-14-2011, 09:19 PM
Tough break for Spain. They outplayed Brazil.

DAF86
08-14-2011, 09:30 PM
Looks like

France vs Portugal

Brazil vs Mexico

I guess I got my wish... we'll see what happens :P

Didn't I tell you Mexico was a favourite? :hat

Sense
08-14-2011, 09:35 PM
Didn't I tell you Mexico was a favourite? :hat

:rolleyes

Mexico played horrible in the group stage and are still pretty shitty passing in the midfield, they keep losing balls and they couldn't finish... little by little they've been getting better and better, but we can't really tell what team will show up Wednesday... Colombia outplayed Mexico last game in the first half but still found themselves down 1-0 after a questionable penalty kick. Mexico recovered in the second and a substitute put on a show..

I hope they make it all the way, but I wouldn't bet money on it..

DAF86
08-14-2011, 09:42 PM
:rolleyes

Mexico played horrible in the group stage and are still pretty shitty passing in the midfield, they keep losing balls and they couldn't finish... little by little they've been getting better and better, but we can't really tell what team will show up Wednesday... Colombia outplayed Mexico last game in the first half but still found themselves down 1-0 after a questionable penalty kick. Mexico recovered in the second and a substitute put on a show..

I hope they make it all the way, but I wouldn't bet money on it..

I don't get the :rolleyes

I told you I heard Mexico was favourite which they were, now they're in semis proving that the forecasts were right, tbrqh.

Sense
08-14-2011, 10:10 PM
I don't get the :rolleyes

I told you I heard Mexico was favourite which they were, now they're in semis proving that the forecasts were right, tbrqh.

Can you tell us where you "heard" this..?

DAF86
08-14-2011, 10:12 PM
Can you tell us where you "heard" this..?

From the journalists that followed the U-20 WC qualifiers.

IronMaxipad
08-14-2011, 10:32 PM
DAF is right.. IDK about Favorites but they were considered one of the stronger teams.

Mexico slept-walked through the concacaf tournament blowing out basically every team. And they played well in the Touloun Tournament as well as some other mini 4 team tournament that consisted of: Panama, Nigeria, Mexico, and Portugal a week before the WC started that they ended up winning.

Sense
08-15-2011, 03:12 AM
DAF is right.. IDK about Favorites but they were considered one of the stronger teams.

Mexico slept-walked through the concacaf tournament blowing out basically every team. And they played well in the Touloun Tournament as well as some other mini 4 team tournament that consisted of: Panama, Nigeria, Mexico, and Portugal a week before the WC started that they ended up winning.

I know they've been one of the "strong" teams.. or contenders.. but favorites? c'mon..

IronMaxipad
08-15-2011, 12:03 PM
I know they've been one of the "strong" teams.. or contenders.. but favorites? c'mon..

I'm not the one saying they were favorites.. but it's easy to see how someone else can say they were based on their performance leading up to the WC. Plus the fact that almost all of the Mexican players have played first division.
One of the Eurosport commentators said they were one of the favorites to win it during a group stage game. He even said that we played better than Argentina and should've won.. lol

Sense
08-17-2011, 06:03 PM
Portugal 2-0 France already...

DAF86
08-17-2011, 08:04 PM
We should be the one beating France right now, smh.

Libri
08-17-2011, 09:38 PM
Brazil up one, 10 minutes left

Bra 1
Mex 0

SAtown
08-17-2011, 09:41 PM
fuck

Libri
It's over. Brazil scores again.

tlongII
Brazil scores again. 2-0.

Spurologist
08-17-2011, 09:45 PM
Bye bye mehico.

u17 are champs and u20 reach semis. Impressed but not really worried for the USMNT

Libri
08-17-2011, 09:46 PM
All by himself and misses.

lol Cubo Torres

Sense
08-17-2011, 09:56 PM
Typical Mexican team... plays better than the opponent, can't deliver..

Oh well.. ^ lol @ not worried for the USMNT, at this point Mexico could care less about the US, we're looking at World Competition... not local.

IronMaxipad
08-17-2011, 09:57 PM
http://i45.tinypic.com/9a5nxs.jpg

Can't believe how far we got though with such shitty passing.

All by himself and misses.

lol Cubo Torres

lol next Chicharito

ElNono
08-17-2011, 10:13 PM
Brasil - Portugal final

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

urunobili
08-18-2011, 11:32 AM
I think Portugal has a lot of chances...

8-5-11 :wakeup

Phenomanul
08-18-2011, 01:10 PM
Mexico didn't deserve to win after Torres' douchbaggery in that game...

Sense
08-20-2011, 04:59 PM
Well hopefully we get a good performance... and hope Mexico takes 3rd place...

IronMaxipad
08-20-2011, 06:56 PM
3rd place!

:lobt2::huddle:

ElNono
08-20-2011, 09:22 PM
lmao Brazil... that goalie fucked up in POR 2nd.

Libri
08-20-2011, 09:22 PM
25 minutes left

Por 2
Bra 1

ElNono
08-20-2011, 09:35 PM
2-2

Libri
08-20-2011, 09:35 PM
tied

IronMaxipad