PDA

View Full Version : Im nervous about Captain America the movie

phyzik
07-22-2011, 01:26 AM
Captain America, to me, is a more real feasable possibility than any other character in any comic book reality, except for maybe Iron Man and Batman.... But there has never been a "good" Captain America movie.

I really hope this new movie doesnt suck as much as I think it will. What do you think?

I'm going to see it tomorrow (today) and face my fear. Hopefully they made Captain America the badass he should be like in the comics....

I just got this terrible feeling that its going to be like the movie The Rocketeer... Very Campy.. *Shudder*

laLKv_pUqPo

Axe Murderer
07-22-2011, 01:52 AM
I have posted some fucked up shit in the past that may have been offensive to certain posters on this board.....

I would like it to be known that I have a drinking problem. Some already know this.

I sometimes drink a 12-pack or more a day by myself.

During those periods I have posted replies and topics that the next day I regret... sometimes avoiding certain locations like "The Club" because I have embarrased myself speaking out of tounge.

Ohh, I remember what I post, dont get me wrong... but I think on it the next day and feel really embarassed about it sometimes.

I have this same problem in real life... I speak my mind when I shouldnt be so forth-coming. I piss people off even when I dont intend to. It's in my nature to be fourthcoming.

I wont go into detail but I will admit I have a problem with alchohol, I cant remember the last day I went without a drink, and thats been over 10 years. It scares me, but I am not ready yet to face it.

I plead you to keep in mind this though... I Do NOT smoke cigarettes at work... It makes me sick having a cigarette until after 5pm and without a beer in hand... and as far as any alchohol is concerned, I dont have drinks during lunch unless my boss himself is buying them....

Its hard to explain... I can control myself during the work day, no problems, no cravings at all during the day.. either cigarettes or Beer.... but once work is done, all bets are off.

Im not some plastered fuck that caries a flask to work... I can do without... But I know I also have a problem with it.... The main problem with that is that I dont feel like Im ready to take the addiction on.

Im going to be 31 come March 10th.

I have sky dived, been mountain biking all over Texas and other states, Been Kayaking for the past 2 years on some of the best waters Texas has to offer, raced at Alamo Dragway and the new San Antonio Raceway... But here I am, still shitting my life away on alchohol....

Damn, I really need to take a hold of my life.

Trainwreck2100
07-22-2011, 02:46 AM
http://www.letsbefriendsagain.com/comics/2010-02-13.jpg

great fuckin movie, needed more howling commandos and tommy lee jones shootin shit though

Trainwreck2100
07-22-2011, 02:57 AM
the epilogue was shit though.

Rain Man
07-22-2011, 07:47 AM
I'd like to hear more about what Axe Murderer thinks about it. I find his views and opinions to be both refreshing and eye opening.
Uh oh fart.
Uh oh fart.
yeah

MannyIsGod
07-22-2011, 08:31 AM
Good to see TW liked it. I've been leery of it since I saw TLJ was in it. Will definitely go see it this weekend though.

lefty
07-22-2011, 09:55 AM
Fuck Cap America, X-men Origins, Spiderman

Can't wait for Dark Knight Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiises :elephant

Booharv
07-22-2011, 09:57 AM
I've been leery of it since I saw TLJ was in it.

Retarded.

Prime1
07-22-2011, 10:00 AM
Captain America, to me, is a more real feasable possibility than any other character in any comic book reality, except for maybe Iron Man and Batman.... But there has never been a "good" Captain America movie.

I really hope this new movie doesnt suck as much as I think it will. What do you think?

I'm going to see it tomorrow (today) and face my fear. Hopefully they made Captain America the badass he should be like in the comics....

I just got this terrible feeling that its going to be like the movie The Rocketeer... Very Campy.. *Shudder*

laLKv_pUqPo

tbh its from the same guy that directed The Rocketeer.

Prime1
07-22-2011, 10:01 AM
Early reviews are positive though and frankly I liked The Rocketeer, so I will see this in the next day or two.

benefactor
07-22-2011, 10:18 AM
Reviews on RT are over 70% positive. Good sign.

Cane
07-22-2011, 10:35 AM
Rottentomatoes also got bought out by Warner Bros. so there's been some controversy by the fanboys over the rating. Apparently they were underrating fresh reviews, taking a long time to count them, etc. Meanwhile Green Lantern got the opposite treatment earlier.... Makes me want to use metacritic.com or some shit instead.

Carry on.

benefactor
07-22-2011, 10:52 AM
Not sure what you are getting at. Green Lantern was trashed by RT and it's Warner Bros. movie. Capt. America was distributed by Paramount.

Prime1
07-22-2011, 10:52 AM
Not sure what you are getting at. Green Lantern was trashed by RT and it's Warner Bros. movie. Capt. America was distributed by Paramount.

lawlz

MannyIsGod
07-22-2011, 11:01 AM
RT is an aggregate of independent reviewers so its not like WB can affect the scores by buying the site. They bought it because RT is a huge source of traffic - or so I would think - but not so they can fuck with reviewers.

70% is pretty good on there. I like the majority of films the rate fresh but not all by any means.

MannyIsGod
07-22-2011, 11:04 AM
Retarded.

Don't get me wrong, I like TLJ but he just seemed as a very odd casting choice for a comic book movie. I know people will point to MIB but I think that kinda makes MY point.

I loved the last two movies I saw with him, Valley of Elah and No Country For Old Men so hopefully he does well here.

Cane
07-22-2011, 12:07 PM

They were counting reviews that should've been "fresh" rotten and vice versa, etc. Dubious shit but understandable since its owned by Warner Bros.

Cane
07-22-2011, 12:11 PM
RT is an aggregate of independent reviewers so its not like WB can affect the scores by buying the site. They bought it because RT is a huge source of traffic - or so I would think - but not so they can fuck with reviewers.

70% is pretty good on there. I like the majority of films the rate fresh but not all by any means.

FWIW Positive reviews can be counted as rotten in that ratings system and can take a while to change.

resistanze
07-23-2011, 12:36 AM
Good movie tbqh

Darius McCrary
07-23-2011, 02:36 AM
I am sure Mr Sinster has masterbated to this movie five times already and therefore we normfolk should see this movie

manufan10
07-23-2011, 11:55 AM
I thought it was a good movie.

FYI: if you didn't know, stay after the credits. There's a surprise trailer for the Avengers movie that's being released next summer.

Mister Sinister
07-23-2011, 12:00 PM
I am sure Mr Sinster has masterbated to this movie five times already and therefore we normfolk should see this movie

Seven.

pawe
07-23-2011, 12:27 PM
The Rocketeer is an awesome movie! You slap your mouth and promise not to say that again.

Isitjustme?
07-23-2011, 12:29 PM
Just saw this movie thought it was mediocre. The whole thing was bland, Hugo Weaving was decent as the Skull but he was just a generic bad guy no interesting motivations and he wasn't very charismatic. Villains make these movies tbh and he didn't do it for me.

Looked horrible in 3D as well. Dim as fuck and maybe like 2-4 good 3d shots total. The Spiderman 3D trailer shots looked great. I am also really getting tired of these movies that beat you over the head with their score. Some of the musical cues were so obvious they belonged in a bad episode of Law & Order.

redzero
07-23-2011, 06:33 PM
The way Red Skull was "disposed of" leaves him wide open for future appearances.

Heil Hydra!

CuckingFunt
07-23-2011, 06:39 PM
The only thing I had a problem with was how overly CGI'd the whole thing was. Even at the end, when Chris Evans was in his own body and we're no longer in the 1940s, his face still looked oddly photoshopped in the closeups. And the majority of the film, when we are back in olden times, it all had a fuzzy on-the-verge-of Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow look that felt out of place for me.

But, really, that's my only complaint. And it's a fairly little one. On the whole, I found it thoroughly enjoyable.

redzero
07-23-2011, 06:47 PM
I want to know who the villains in The Avengers will be besides Loki (and I'm guessing Red Skull).

CuckingFunt
07-23-2011, 06:55 PM
I want to know who the villains in The Avengers will be besides Loki (and I'm guessing Red Skull).

I also wonder how Joss Whedon will find a way to cram a petite-but-deadly girl into the plot.

redzero
07-23-2011, 07:06 PM
Lucky for Whedon that Favreau already laid the groundwork in Iron Man 2 with Black Widow.

Mister Sinister
07-24-2011, 02:20 AM
In theory, it could be an out-of-control Hulk.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-24-2011, 02:24 AM
a non overly CGI'ed Baron Zemo + Masters of Evil could be amazing

Isitjustme?
07-24-2011, 08:47 AM
In theory, it could be an out-of-control Hulk.

That would actually be awesome tbh

ManuBalboa
07-24-2011, 10:55 AM
Captain America was a SOLID comic book movie. It was not anything special imo, but very solid - so it was a success in my mind.

I was wrong about Chris Evans. He pulled off a respectful humble soldier persona very well. Nothing like his usual cocky funny self. The CGI body swaps they can do now is ridiculous in a good way.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-24-2011, 11:04 AM
What are they gonna do if some time in the future the Fantastic Four meet up with The Avengers? Is that cocky dude from Not Another Teen Movie gonna play both Human Torch and Captain?

florige
07-24-2011, 12:04 PM
What are they gonna do if some time in the future the Fantastic Four meet up with The Avengers? Is that cocky dude from Not Another Teen Movie gonna play both Human Torch and Captain?

Thats why I was surprised they picked him over Ryan Phillippe for that simple fact.

dirk4mvp
07-24-2011, 02:56 PM
tbh I'm going to see it tonight and then I'll be caught up on the avenger movies. The Incredible Hulk has been the best so far, imho.

ynh
07-24-2011, 05:03 PM

Sadly, won't happen. Fox owns the rights to Fantastic Four.

dirk4mvp
07-25-2011, 01:38 AM
good movie, tbh imho

Axe Murderer
07-25-2011, 01:52 AM
http://files.sharenator.com/memes_rebecca_black_said_Meme_base_6_s481x636_1475 15_580_RE_Amazing_Feats_Fails_WIns_Lolz_and_A_Cont est-s481x636-158793.jpg

Reggie Williams
07-25-2011, 06:40 AM
I thought it sucked. Evans was a perfect Capt America, but the movie wasn't interesting. Nothing was at stake, everyone knew Capt America was going to win and no bad was going to happen. Red Skull barely did anything, he drove from scene to scene looking pissed off while his giant goons just shot those blasters every scene. Then there was that 40 minute action montage where no action really occurs just Capt America doing stunts and throwing his shield around.

The last fight scene was like 2 minutes and SPOILER:

Red Skull kills himself by touching the stone, Capt America didn't even kill him.

TDMVPDPOY
07-25-2011, 09:03 AM
is there a difference between capt america and any super soldier type movies aka universal soldiers? same bullshit different smell?

Xevious
07-25-2011, 12:01 PM
Red Skull kills himself by touching the stone, Capt America didn't even kill him.
Red Skull didn't die at all.

While I like all the Avenger tie-ins and the build up to the movie next summer, it's also a problem for people who aren't seeing them all. The fate of Red Skull makes no sense if you haven't seen Thor.

Reggie Williams
07-25-2011, 12:09 PM
Red Skull didn't die at all.

While I like all the Avenger tie-ins and the build up to the movie next summer, it's also a problem for people who aren't seeing them all. The fate of Red Skull makes no sense if you haven't seen Thor.

He didn't literally kill himself because he got absorbed into the cube which Loki finds in Thor at the end. I meant his destruction comes at his own hands which is retarded

redzero
07-25-2011, 12:35 PM
I liked the movie, but agree with Reggie about how Red Skull met his "end." The writers obviously wanted to leave the possibility of future appearances open, but they didn't really try too hard when they resolved the Red Skull problem.

Trainwreck2100
07-25-2011, 09:52 PM
He didn't literally kill himself because he got absorbed into the cube which Loki finds in Thor at the end. I meant his destruction comes at his own hands which is retarded

he didn't die and Evans is signed on to do 3 cap movies so i'm pretty sure he'll be back it's more likely he got sucked into one of the other 9 realms, and he'll have to go from the 40s to the present the hard way

phyzik
07-25-2011, 11:28 PM
Overall it was a pretty good movie.... They really stuck to the 1940's atmosphere... It wasnt quite steam punk but it was believable. All in all, my fears where averted. Not a blockbuster but a great setup for the Avengers movie.

I guess Im one of the few people that is a fan of Captain America as a super heroe.

thispego
07-25-2011, 11:33 PM
http://files.sharenator.com/memes_rebecca_black_said_Meme_base_6_s481x636_1475 15_580_RE_Amazing_Feats_Fails_WIns_Lolz_and_A_Cont est-s481x636-158793.jpg

:lmao

Trainwreck2100
07-26-2011, 12:27 AM
Thats why I was surprised they picked him over Ryan Phillippe for that simple fact.

ITT people that don't know that the human torch was in this movie.

atxbuttknocker
07-26-2011, 12:35 AM
oh boy! Ryan Phillipe would have been great in that role! I'd love to see him all bulked up, not to mention I'd love to give him my super serum!

atxbuttknocker
07-26-2011, 12:35 AM
In his ASS!~!

TheMACHINE
07-27-2011, 11:10 PM
Movie was great and that one chick had curves of a goddess.

Blake
08-01-2011, 09:13 AM
I thought the movie was A+ all the way up until brought Bucky and the soldiers back. Everything after that is crap, imo.

MannyIsGod
08-01-2011, 09:36 AM
Meh - I felt exactly as Reggie did when it came to the outcome. It was just fairly weak and mainly used as an avengers platform instead of an actual movie. It wasn't BAD, but t wasn't good either.

scoffing d-bag
08-01-2011, 02:05 PM
-10 to the tenth power/10. Evans was lame as always and the Red Skull was such a passe villain. I feel sorry for the no life having losers who had the time to stay after the credits to watch what was in essence a tacked on commercial. Kill yourselves.

DarkReign
08-01-2011, 02:10 PM
:lmao

"kill yourselves"

Blake
08-01-2011, 04:07 PM
I feel sorry for the no life having losers who had the time to stay after the credits to watch what was in essence a tacked on commercial. Kill yourselves.

how did you know it was just a tacked on commercial at the end?

Isitjustme?
08-01-2011, 07:18 PM
-10 to the tenth power/10. Evans was lame as always and the Red Skull was such a passe villain. I feel sorry for the no life having losers who had the time to stay after the credits to watch what was in essence a tacked on commercial. Kill yourselves.

:lmao:lmao:lmao

Isitjustme?
08-01-2011, 07:18 PM
Dude should sport a thispego avatar tbh