PDA

View Full Version : Beavis and Butthead return

Spursfan092120
07-22-2011, 06:41 PM
New episodes this fall...here's a clip from an upcoming episode...pretty excited right now...

http://www.mtv.com/videos/misc/675057/beavis-and-butt-head-sdcc-11-sneak-peek.jhtml

Bill_Brasky
07-22-2011, 07:18 PM
Holy shit, that looked hilarious. Butthead = gold in every scene.

Darius McCrary
07-22-2011, 09:25 PM
Funny. Don't know about them doing reality tv instead of music videos, but then again music videos are basically extinct. It's also pretty weird to see Beavis and Butthead animation so clean.

DMC
07-22-2011, 09:39 PM
Just like a bunch of religious nutjobs though... worship any fucking thing.

Spursfan092120
07-22-2011, 11:30 PM
Funny. Don't know about them doing reality tv instead of music videos, but then again music videos are basically extinct. It's also pretty weird to see Beavis and Butthead animation so clean.
Actually it's the same exact animation...he kept everything the same..even the color and tint of everything.

Spursfan092120
07-22-2011, 11:30 PM
Just like a bunch of religious nutjobs though... worship any fucking thing.

who's worshiping what?

edit..ah...nevermind...

Darius McCrary
07-23-2011, 02:25 AM
Actually it's the same exact animation...he kept everything the same..even the color and tint of everything.

Actually you are speaking as someone who has no idea what Beavis and Butthead was when it was running. The animation was beyond crude for the first two seasons, then just flat out looked like shit for the crux, until it looked respectable for the final season and a half.

This new incarnation is obviously created via computer technology, like south park, and is very very very very very very clean compared to the original episodes.

So I just destroyed you.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-23-2011, 02:31 AM
That was awesome. So looking forward to this.

dirk4mvp.
07-23-2011, 07:41 AM
About time.

mavsfan1000
07-23-2011, 09:14 AM
I am the great cornholio. I need TP for my bunghole.

Spursfan092120
07-23-2011, 01:02 PM
Actually you are speaking as someone who has no idea what Beavis and Butthead was when it was running. The animation was beyond crude for the first two seasons, then just flat out looked like shit for the crux, until it looked respectable for the final season and a half.

This new incarnation is obviously created via computer technology, like south park, and is very very very very very very clean compared to the original episodes.

So I just destroyed you.

Actually I watched Beavis and Butthead when it was running..you have no idea how old I am...and I read an article on it and Mike Judge himself said he kept everything the same....so.....the only thing you destroyed was your reputation...as if you had one already...thanks for playing.

Beavis and Butt-Head Return to Mock Jersey Shore
7/22/11 at 10:00 AM
MTV has released a nice long preview of the new Beavis and Butt-Head, and it's like the show — which originally ended in 1997 and returns with original episodes this fall — never went away. On hand is the same exact animation, the same AC/DC and Metallica T-shirts, the same dumb genius (a cult starts worshiping Beavis as Bungholio after mistaking his rantings for prophecies and his hand-punctures as stigmata). It makes sense that nothing much has changed: As Mike Judge explained at a Comic-Con panel, "I quit because I was getting a little burnt out," not because he felt the show had run its course. That said, there is one way Beavis and Butt-Head 2.0 veers off the path blazed by the first iteration: Nowadays, they won't spend as much time making fun of Mudhoney videos as they will making fun of Snooki (according to that same Comic-Con panel, along with Jersey Shore and MTV shows like Teen Mom and 16 and Pregnant, the dudes also go in on Twilight). And trust that this is a fertile field. For one: In the clip above, as J-WOWW is attempting to assemble the "hookup board," Butt-Head wisely observes that "if they did this chart long enough, they could find out where herpes began."

http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2011/07/beavis_and_butt-head_return_to.html

Isitjustme?
07-23-2011, 01:07 PM
Its definitely much cleaner than before. Its the same but there is less grit or whatever than when I watched the reruns which I've seen via torrent recorded off of MTV.

Spursfan092120
07-23-2011, 01:08 PM
Its definitely much cleaner than before. Its the same but there is less grit or whatever than when I watched the reruns which I've seen via torrent recorded off of MTV.
Read the article in my post above yours.

Spursfan092120
07-23-2011, 01:13 PM
About time.

my thoughts exactly.

Isitjustme?
07-23-2011, 01:17 PM
Read the article in my post above yours.

tbh they clean shit up digitally now, so it would make sense that it would look cleaner. Its not even up for debate if you've seen the reruns.

benefactor
07-23-2011, 01:55 PM
Eh...I don't know. The music videos are what made it great. I don't see making fun of reality TV comparing. This reeks of trying to resurrect old glory out of something that has indeed run it's course.

Spursfan092120
07-23-2011, 02:00 PM
answer my fucking question 90210
answer the question before u go spewing out some more fabrications and lies

answer the fucking question now

didn't say it was the exact same as the first episodes, troll boy..I said it was the same from when they did it before..the animation is the same as the last episodes..that's what I was saying...but that's not even the point. I never said it wasn't cleaned up..I said it was the same animation..Family Matters boy was saying it was done differently than before, which is wrong.

Spursfan092120
07-23-2011, 02:03 PM
Eh...I don't know. The music videos are what made it great. I don't see making fun of reality TV comparing. This reeks of trying to resurrect old glory out of something that has indeed run it's course.

No way has it run it's course..that show was hilarious. I liked the whole "Jersey Shore" thing they did... "it's like a tree..if we go back far enough, we will see exactly where herpes began." shit was pretty damn funny.

CuckingFunt
07-23-2011, 02:40 PM
I was a big fan of the original run, and thought the new clip was funny, but whether or not I watch regularly will probably depend on how the TV watching segments work out. Them watching videos was, for me, the strength of the old show. Particularly because they often used the videos that weren't being shown on MTV in heavy rotation, but instead went for odd and obscure stuff. If the new version sticks with the super obvious and topical, I can see it turning out like a Beavis and Butthead version of "Best Week Ever" or something, which probably won't be enough to get me to tune in.

Proxy
07-23-2011, 03:50 PM
I'm skeptical.... I predict the show will get most of it's audience from the OG 90s fans... I can't see it flourishing tbh. Celebrity Death Match's return didn't last long.

benefactor
07-23-2011, 04:17 PM
I was a big fan of the original run, and thought the new clip was funny, but whether or not I watch regularly will probably depend on how the TV watching segments work out. Them watching videos was, for me, the strength of the old show. Particularly because they often used the videos that weren't being shown on MTV in heavy rotation, but instead went for odd and obscure stuff. If the new version sticks with the super obvious and topical, I can see it turning out like a Beavis and Butthead version of "Best Week Ever" or something, which probably won't be enough to get me to tune in.
:tu

Well said.

Spursfan092120
07-23-2011, 04:48 PM
I'm skeptical.... I predict the show will get most of it's audience from the OG 90s fans... I can't see it flourishing tbh. Celebrity Death Match's return didn't last long.

True..but I don't think Celebrity Death Match had as many fans. I think it'll be good. I mean, with Adult Swim doing what it's doing, this could be a really good time to bring it back and remind people of it. I'm one of those OG fans...loved this show...can't wait for the return.