PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me?

Sec24Row7
07-23-2011, 12:53 PM
Or has spurstalk really deteriorated in the last year or two?

I'm all for a loosely regulated forum where people can have their opinion heard no matter how outrageous... But lately...

It seems like people are floundering trying to find limits that aren't there...

How many racist threads have been in the club in the last 6 months?

How many strictly troll threads are in the NBA forum?

Dunno... I used to come here and enjoy posts from interesting and insigtful posters the likes of FWD, whottt, Timvp and Kori... And was willing to wade through a few trolls to do it...

Now?

I have to wade through so much crap... It's not worth it.

This is genuinely not a troll post... But que all the trolls who latch on to it... Doubt I get a 20% serious reply rate.

Isitjustme?
07-23-2011, 12:54 PM
Bye.

Trainwreck2100
07-23-2011, 01:33 PM
Dunno... I used to come here and enjoy posts from interesting and insigtful posters the likes of FWD, whottt, Timvp and Kori... And was willing to wade through a few trolls to do it...

You gon be waiting a LONG time for that to happen again

MannyIsGod
07-23-2011, 01:34 PM
Short answer: yes.

MannyIsGod
07-23-2011, 01:34 PM
(its not just you - yes it has gone downhill)

Trainwreck2100
07-23-2011, 01:38 PM
when the og's left the OG niggas like myself can no longer hold it down. It's no fun puttin down women when the only "'woman" left on here to argue with me is a fuckin guy

MannyIsGod
07-23-2011, 01:45 PM
I think most of us just got old.

ashbeeigh
07-23-2011, 01:50 PM
Short answer: yes.

We need to quit agreeing with each other.

Prime1
07-23-2011, 01:51 PM
Some of the stuff is funny and creative. I don't get why some of the more annoying people who are just here to agitate and aren't funny, creatiive, or insightful aren't banned tho. Seems like a simple solution.

DMC
07-23-2011, 01:57 PM
Some of the stuff is funny and creative. I don't get why some of the more annoying people who are just here to agitate and aren't funny, creatiive, or insightful aren't banned tho. Seems like a simple solution.
Probably because it's Spurstalk.com, not "Yourcustomforum.com".

What's entertaining to you might not be to me, so just because you aren't entertained by some of the shenanigans here doesn't mean people need to be banned. I am sure there are plenty forums where the tolerances are much tighter than here.

I never understood why people would come to a free forum and bitch about the content, as if it's everyone's job to keep you interested.

If it became how you are suggesting, then someone would have to make judgment calls on what's "insightful" or "funny" and just ban people randomly because of it. Then what would happen would be that the clique of "been here" people would be the only ones left, because there would be the natural tendency to overlook transgressions by "friends" of the forum.

I see nothing wrong with the place except it's off season and there's no LOL(insert team name here) threads in the NBA forum.

Kori keeps it between the lines just fine. She steps in when shit gets out of control and people are always testing the waters to see how far they can go before she does.

Prime1
07-23-2011, 02:00 PM
Yeah, this isn't America its a forum. The site owners have the right to ban whoever they choose to. Most forums I visit people who do nothing but be annoying, aggravating, and unfunny are banned. I'm guessing you know that firsthand though. Probably why you like it here: one of the few places that will put up with useless posters such as yourself.

DMC
07-23-2011, 02:03 PM
Yeah, this isn't America its a forum. The site owners have the right to ban whoever they choose to. Most forums I visit people who do nothing but be annoying, aggravating, and unfunny are banned. I'm guessing you know that firsthand though. Probably why you like it here: one of the few places that will put up with useless posters such as yourself.

Did all the other forums close down? Just wondering if your browser is stuck on this site.

The owners have the right to ban whomever they choose. They just choose to let it develop and as long as you don't get illegal and stupid, and you don't shit in the Spurs forum you should be fine. You aren't required to be interesting to other people.

What have you contributed?

CuckingFunt
07-23-2011, 02:03 PM
No, it's not just you. But I'm not going to spend too much time complaining about the dip in quality when I'm the one making a choice to keep checking in here.

CuckingFunt
07-23-2011, 02:04 PM
the only "'woman" left on here to argue with me is a fuckin guy

Tired insult is tired.

MannyIsGod
07-23-2011, 02:04 PM
Probably because it's Spurstalk.com, not "Yourcustomforum.com".

What's entertaining to you might not be to me, so just because you aren't entertained by some of the shenanigans here doesn't mean people need to be banned. I am sure there are plenty forums where the tolerances are much tighter than here.

I never understood why people would come to a free forum and bitch about the content, as if it's everyone's job to keep you interested.

If it became how you are suggesting, then someone would have to make judgment calls on what's "insightful" or "funny" and just ban people randomly because of it. Then what would happen would be that the clique of "been here" people would be the only ones left, because there would be the natural tendency to overlook transgressions by "friends" of the forum.

I see nothing wrong with the place except it's off season and there's no LOL(insert team name here) threads in the NBA forum.

Kori keeps it between the lines just fine. She steps in when shit gets out of control and people are always testing the waters to see how far they can go before she does.

I promise you Kori doesn't like what the club has become. The amount of racist threads here is pretty fucking ridiculous right now. I just think they don't have the time to sit here and babysit some of you so they just let it go. I would never take that as a sign that they condone or approve of half the shit some of you post.

Why do people bitch about it? Because some of us remember when the club was actually an enjoyable place. Maybe we've changed more than the club, but I seriously doubt that. Its unfortunate.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
07-23-2011, 02:05 PM
Some of you flat out scare me.

Prime1
07-23-2011, 02:05 PM
Did all the other forums close down? Just wondering if your browser is stuck on this site.

Did you somehow come to the conclusion that because you haven't been banned for being worthless that thats what this forum is about? Being worthless?

Because some people come here to contribute. Thats what the forum is about to them. Reading some of that Kori lady's complaints she seems to prefer those kind of posters anyways.

Prime1
07-23-2011, 02:08 PM
I'm done arguing with this DMC guy he keeps editing his posts and adding stuff after the fact. Also I'm pretty sure its pointless. Just look through my posts to see what I have contributed.

CuckingFunt
07-23-2011, 02:09 PM
I promise you Kori doesn't like what the club has become. The amount of racist threads here is pretty fucking ridiculous right now. I just think they don't have the time to sit here and babysit some of you so they just let it go. I would never take that as a sign that they condone or approve of half the shit some of you post.

Why do people bitch about it? Because some of us remember when the club was actually an enjoyable place. Maybe we've changed more than the club, but I seriously doubt that. Its unfortunate.

I agree with this wholeheartedly, but would stipulate that I don't even necessarily miss being entertained here. That a lot of the people I read were funny and the conversations that took place were genuinely amusing was the cherry, in my opinion. More than anything, I miss the ability to actually have a discussion within a thread that may have gotten silly, may have gone off topic, but didn't devolve into cuckold jokes, racist bullshit, e-thug posturing, and image spam halfway through the first page.

DMC
07-23-2011, 02:10 PM

I see plenty threads about non-race related issues with almost zero responses.

In fact, I don't see a racist thread on the entire 1st page.

CuckingFunt
07-23-2011, 02:12 PM
so is your shtick of pretending to be a lady

k.

MannyIsGod
07-23-2011, 02:12 PM
I agree with this wholeheartedly, but would stipulate that I don't even necessarily miss being entertained here. That a lot of the people I read were funny and the conversations that took place were genuinely amusing was the cherry, in my opinion. More than anything, I miss the ability to actually have a discussion within a thread that may have gotten silly, may have gone off topic, but didn't devolve into cuckold jokes, racist bullshit, e-thug posturing, and image spam halfway through the first page.

Well, nothing lasts forever. There's still plenty here that makes me laugh but there's also a hell of a lot more garbage.

Prime1
07-23-2011, 02:13 PM
:lmao the OP and Prime1 need to grow some balls...cry more pussies :cry

This from the guy who started a thread crying because he had no friends in the NBA forum. :lol

MannyIsGod
07-23-2011, 02:13 PM
I see plenty threads about non-race related issues with almost zero responses.

In fact, I don't see a racist thread on the entire 1st page.

Must have imagined the rampant racism here lately then. My bad, carry on.

07-23-2011, 02:15 PM
I'll last forever.

The problem is that a lot of amusingly stupid or amusingly crazy people have left.

Being stupid alone just isn't enough.

symple19
07-23-2011, 02:19 PM
why the fuck do people cry so much?

don't let the door hitcha

Chomag
07-23-2011, 02:22 PM
No it's not just you. Some people legitly scare the hell out of me here sometimes.

DMC
Did you somehow come to the conclusion that because you haven't been banned for being worthless that thats what this forum is about? Being worthless?

You don't know me obviously. I've been banned for being less than worthless.

Because some people come here to contribute. Thats what the forum is about to them. Reading some of that Kori lady's complaints she seems to prefer those kind of posters anyways.

Kori has to approve the troll accounts...

just saying..

Plus, it's hard to muster hatred or disdain for posters when a majority change their name every other week.

And usually, that's what drives places like these.

DMC
07-23-2011, 02:23 PM
Must have imagined the rampant racism here lately then. My bad, carry on.

I can go back two pages and not find any. Kori already spoke about that and it's been quelled since.

There's some undertones, sure, but most of it is in jest.

Just don't participate in it if it offends you. Honestly.

Prime1
07-23-2011, 02:24 PM
Most forums I visit people who do nothing but be annoying, aggravating, and unfunny are banned.

Gee wonder why this comment offended DMC, Mouse2Moose, and Tyson_Chandler of all people. :lol

why the fuck do people cry so much?

don't let the door hitcha

I like this place a lot. I just don't get why certain posters are still here. I'm sure there's people you would ban/think contribute nothing that this place would be better off without.

Prime1
07-23-2011, 02:25 PM
:cry WAAAAHHH No one likes me WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!! (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182773) :cry

MannyIsGod
07-23-2011, 02:25 PM
lol Its been quelled. We get that you're ok with it. Some people aren't. Its pretty funny to read you say you don't understand why people bitch about the forum......while you bitch about people bitching about the forum.

Prime1
07-23-2011, 02:27 PM
lol Its been quelled. We get that you're ok with it. Some people aren't. Its pretty funny to read you say you don't understand why people bitch about the forum......while you bitch about people bitching about the forum.

I would guess a lot of the people who do that (bitch about the people bitching) would be some of the first ones to go if Kori ever cleaned this place up.

DMC
Plus, it's hard to muster hatred or disdain for posters when a majority change their name every other week.

And usually, that's what drives places like these.

I've read back through some older threads from years ago and it seems that people gave more personal information then, like they actually told others what they did last night, what club they were at, and they even posted personal pics.

Try that now and a group of 40 username having trolls will spend the next 12 months photoshopping it, making fake accounts on gay forums with your picture as the avatar and any other sort of nonsense.

People seem to be more isolated than they seemed then.

Also, for anyone who's not been here forever, it becomes tedious trying to figure out who's who, especially when one user name starts a thread and then responds from another account.

CuckingFunt
I can go back two pages and not find any. Kori already spoke about that and it's been quelled since.

There's some undertones, sure, but most of it is in jest.

Just don't participate in it if it offends you. Honestly.

Ending the (no racist) thread titles isn't the same as quelling the rampant racism around here.

Prime1
07-23-2011, 02:28 PM
:cry WAAAAHHH No one likes me WAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!! (http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182773) :cry

HighLowLobForBig-50
07-23-2011, 02:29 PM
i didnt read the OP as "lets change this and that and ban him and her"
i read it as, the club used to be alot better than it is now. and i agree

DMC
07-23-2011, 02:30 PM

I'm not ok with blatant racism, the kind where decisions are made solely based on race, but some banter about it on a forum between people I've never met and don't intend on meeting, that doesn't bother me. The mods clean up what they deem unsuitable, and let the chips fall where they may.

I don't consider wise cracks on a forum to be racism, tbh.

Prime1
07-23-2011, 02:31 PM
To clarify I like some of the trolling here when its creative, funny, insightful etc. Just being annoying and calling what you are doing trolling is not something I like. I've never complained once outside of the few posts I made ITT. All I said anyways was that a few of the more annoying, unfunny posters should be banned btw. Like maybe the bottom 5-10 or so.

DMC
07-23-2011, 02:32 PM
Ending the (no racist) thread titles isn't the same as quelling the rampant racism around here.

You cannot quell racism. There are user names that would be considered racist to some.

People will find creative ways to insinuate racism.

The titles are what you are forced to see when you open the forum. I think that's what's concerned the mods most, just like having curse words in the thread titles.

DMC
07-23-2011, 02:33 PM
To clarify I like some of the trolling here when its creative, funny, insightful etc. Just being annoying and calling what you are doing trolling is not something I like. I've never complained once outside of the few posts I made ITT. All I said anyways was that a few of the more annoying, unfunny posters should be banned btw. Like maybe the bottom 5-10 or so.

So as long as it pleases you, it's acceptable.

Got it.

Prime1
07-23-2011, 02:34 PM
lol quoting a post where you say nobody likes you. u know, you could have been clever and changed the quote to where it looked like i said it :lmao

The laughing emoticon means he won btw in case you can't tell. At least according to him.

Complaining that a few posters are horrible is obviously worse than crying like a little bitch because no one likes you. So I can see why he would declare victory.

:cry "But I didn't want them to like me! I swear! It was all part of my plan!" :cry

Prime1
07-23-2011, 02:34 PM
So as long as it pleases you, it's acceptable.

Got it.

Its how pretty much every forum works bro. Not some novel concept.

DMC
07-23-2011, 02:36 PM
i didnt read the OP as "lets change this and that and ban him and her"
i read it as, the club used to be alot better than it is now. and i agree
A lot of things used to be better, or we thought they were. Without suggestions, how is saying "they used to be better" of any use at all?

The suggestions were to ban people who don't fit the mold of what select posters consider entertaining. Trolling is trolling, and just because you don't find it funny doesn't mean others don't find it funny.

I have not seen a single rule that says you have to be entertaining. I saw one that said to not start threads calling out trolls, but people do all the time.

DMC
07-23-2011, 02:36 PM
Its how pretty much every forum works bro. Not some novel concept.

I didn't realize you were the standard for every forum.

Nice to finally meet you, Al Gore.

leemajors
07-23-2011, 02:37 PM
the forum's life coach went into retirement, this is not surprising.

Prime1
07-23-2011, 02:38 PM
Jesus, now DMC is acting like forums who ban people who are shitty and ruin threads are some rare thing.

tbh I just wanted to make a statement saying that some of the more annoying and useless posters hurt this place slightly, but that I still like it here. And now I've been dragged into a multi page argument with two of them which has accomplishing nothing whatsoever, so I'm done with this thread.

Spurminator
07-23-2011, 02:39 PM
It is what it is. The great thing about this forum remains that it's 99% unfiltered. The better the discussion in a forum, the more people are brought to the forum, and that generally results in a degradation of quality. I wish more of the older people had stuck around, but I think it's a combination of some of them taking stuff too personally, and others just growing apart from it.

I still like it here. I can't say I'm any more annoyed by the assholes on the forum today than I was by some of the assholes on the forum in 2004. There's just not a comparable amount of post-pubescent discussion to provide a counterbalance.

DMC
07-23-2011, 02:41 PM
Jesus, now DMC is acting like forums who ban people who are shitty and ruin threads are some rare thing.

I had a rant about this several months ago. I don't care to shape forums. I've ran my own a few times and it's no fun to have all the members suggesting how you can do more work to make their free experience more enjoyable. I just let it be, and if I don't like how it is, I have infinite freedom to not come here.

tbh I just wanted to make a statement saying that some of the more annoying and useless posters hurt this place slightly, but that I still like it here. And now I've been dragged into a multi page argument with two of them which has accomplishing nothing whatsoever, so I'm done with this thread.
lol half your posts are bitching.

CuckingFunt
07-23-2011, 02:45 PM
It is what it is. The great thing about this forum remains that it's 99% unfiltered. The better the discussion in a forum, the more people are brought to the forum, and that generally results in a degradation of quality. I wish more of the older people had stuck around, but I think it's a combination of some of them taking stuff too personally, and others just growing apart from it.

I still like it here. I can't say I'm any more annoyed by the assholes on the forum today than I was by some of the assholes on the forum in 2004. There's just not a comparable amount of post-pubescent discussion to provide a counterbalance.

Yeah, this is about where I am.

ashbeeigh
07-23-2011, 02:46 PM
I'm in no way yearning for 2005-2007 when the Quattro was king or anything but there are certain things that just are not fun anymore here. If a day goes by and I don't post anything I'm not going to worry.

There was a time when I cared what was going on here and when I could possibly share what was going on in my life without being attacked, or at least be attacked and then realize that it was in good fun. Now, I wouldn't even consider sharing anything beyond what I ate for lunch here. It's just not a supportive place. Part of why there are still a handful of old schoolers is because the Club/the Spurs forum is family like. And I think we've lost that with all the trolls and topics like "Biggest Cocks" and random "no racist" things. Perhaps some of the things I off handedly said years (I mean literally it was years ago...June 2007) ago may have contributed to some of these topics. But move on.

Manny is right in that a lot of us have grown up. Some people have gotten married, had kids, moved, gotten bigger better jobs and lost the time to contribute to what the forum used to be- which was a fun place to waste some time.

I know we all appreciate Kori and LJ's off hand parenting techniques with the Club. But just like some parents let there kids make mistakes and successes. It's not that they're not there moderating or not watching the threads that some of us think are bad, they just let people go on and learn from them.

ashbeeigh
07-23-2011, 02:46 PM
oppsie. Double post.

Booharv
07-23-2011, 02:47 PM
tbh I've never seen that Prime1 guy bitch outside of this thread. He's made some good posts in the Electronica thread. But yeah, its weird for him to complain since he has less than like 100 posts here and I don't think anyone even knows who the fuck he is.

Booharv
07-23-2011, 02:48 PM
m>s was crying like a bitch in det one thread though.

Wild Cobra
07-23-2011, 02:49 PM
Or has spurstalk really deteriorated in the last year or two?

I'm all for a loosely regulated forum where people can have their opinion heard no matter how outrageous... But lately...

It seems like people are floundering trying to find limits that aren't there...

How many racist threads have been in the club in the last 6 months?

How many strictly troll threads are in the NBA forum?

Now?

I have to wade through so much crap... It's not worth it.

This is genuinely not a troll post... But que all the trolls who latch on to it... Doubt I get a 20% serious reply rate.
Some of the thread titles and topics are outrageous. I thing the Club especially needs to be moderated better, and remove some of these inflammatory threads. How many people are less active because of the nature of some of these threads?

Wild Cobra
07-23-2011, 02:51 PM
It would be good to put a stop to clearly racist remarks.

CuckingFunt
07-23-2011, 02:52 PM

This literally makes my brain hurt.

Spurminator
07-23-2011, 02:53 PM
The "racist" stuff in here is much less disturbing than the racist stuff in the political forum. It's like comparing Tosh.0 to Sean Hannity.

DMC
07-23-2011, 02:53 PM
Some of the thread titles and topics are outrageous. I thing the Club especially needs to be moderated better, and remove some of these inflammatory threads. How many people are less active because of the nature of some of these threads?
Me definitely. I'm down to like 300 posts a day now.

Simple solution: Start an interesting topic. If people respond, your concept of "interesting" is median enough to warrant consideration. If they don't, you aren't the standard for the concept of interesting.

(I mean "you" in general, not WC per se)

Spurminator
07-23-2011, 02:54 PM
The "racist" stuff in here is much less disturbing than the racist stuff in the political forum. It's like comparing Tosh.0 to Sean Hannity.

Which is not to say any of you guys are as funny as Tosh.

Booharv
07-23-2011, 03:02 PM
:lmao log into vet and tell me that bitch

tbh thats just BUMP's theory. Probably because I was one of the first ones to notice that guy's posts and respond to them.

Booharv
07-23-2011, 03:04 PM
Truthfully I get ignored around here pretty frequently, but it would never occur to me to start a thread crying about it. Thats just the way the world works. There are cliques, popular people, and unpopular people everywhere you go.

NASpurs
07-23-2011, 03:09 PM
There's a silver lining somewhere in all of this.

JudynTX stopped making threads. She was trying to make this place into The Cantina.

CuckingFunt
07-23-2011, 03:11 PM

Eh, I find it equally disturbing, but for completely different reasons.

"Hannity" is far less overtly racist in his speech, but you get the feeling those subtle comments are coming from a place of truth and indicate a genuinely racist sentiment. "Tosh.0," on the other hand, stands out as an example of the fact that humor (not jokes, to be clear, but humor) is becoming increasingly defined as not only adopting an overtly racist persona, but generally by being detached and insincere. I'm a big fan of cynicism, snark, and sarcasm, but apathy just ain't my thing.

Wild Cobra's Surgeon
07-23-2011, 03:14 PM

I love this man.

Muser
07-23-2011, 03:18 PM
There are two sides imo. All the trolls and shitty threads would go away if people stopped posting in them.

Still the best forum I know of though.

HighLowLobForBig-50
07-23-2011, 03:19 PM
A lot of things used to be better, or we thought they were. Without suggestions, how is saying "they used to be better" of any use at all?

The suggestions were to ban people who don't fit the mold of what select posters consider entertaining. Trolling is trolling, and just because you don't find it funny doesn't mean others don't find it funny.

I have not seen a single rule that says you have to be entertaining. I saw one that said to not start threads calling out trolls, but people do all the time.

well the thread in itself is a suggestion. i can see your point though, as well as the OP's

HighLowLobForBig-50
07-23-2011, 03:22 PM
There are two sides imo. All the trolls and shitty threads would go away if people stopped posting in them.

there is an example i could link but i wont cause its not worth it
but basically there is a poster who shats on everyone's face daily, but then logs into their troll account and starts a serious topic where the same people he was shatting on are now in his thread helping him solve some trivial problem.
some some of the feeding of trolls is def user error

Booharv
07-23-2011, 03:23 PM
:lmao internet forum popularity cliques

tbh I'm not really sure if that laugh is directed at me or not, but I just admitted that I'm not really popular here either so makes no sense if it is.

HighLowLobForBig-50
07-23-2011, 03:26 PM
tbh I'm not really sure if that laugh is directed at me or not, but I just admitted that I'm not really popular here either so makes no sense if it is.

to me, part of the problem is the current lack of cliques. there used to be GTG's all the time. now not so much. the normal, non racist, non shatting on peoples faces daily, people should start having GTG's again. i would go
also. i think some of the more popular club posters have a mini forum and are able to bypass trolls altogether

Wild Cobra
07-23-2011, 03:30 PM
This literally makes my brain hurt.
I know. I found it ironic to respond to your post. believe it of not, I'm not racist. Just politically incorrect. That's why I indicated "clearly racist remarks" as to remove the perceived racist racism in the minds of people like you.

Wild Cobra
07-23-2011, 03:32 PM
I love this man.
Sorry, I'm not available.

Wild Cobra
07-23-2011, 03:34 PM

I agree, it's the best forum I've ever spent time in. However, especially some of the thread titles in the Club bother me. I think there's room for some cleanup. Maybe I'll start looking at other forums and you guys can get rid on me. probably a 90% approval of that if i were to go elsewhere.

Wild Cobra
07-23-2011, 03:35 PM
Would part of the solution be to remove all troll accounts?

Wild Cobra's Surgeon
07-23-2011, 03:36 PM
I know. I found it ironic to respond to your post. believe it of not, I'm not racist. Just politically incorrect. That's why I indicated "clearly racist remarks" as to remove the perceived racist racism in the minds of people like you.

Exactly. I can't think of one thing you've said that can be perceived as racist...the liberal PC Left is way off base here.

Wild Cobra
07-23-2011, 03:38 PM
Exactly. I can't think of one thing you've said that can be perceived as racist...the liberal PC Left is way off base here.
No, you are flat out wrong. I say things all the time that are perceived as racist. Sometimes I do it purposely to expose other peoples sensitivity and bias. I'm usually just giving an honest appraisal.

dirk4mvp
07-23-2011, 03:38 PM
I wish we could just go back to 2006 when ShoogarBear thought saying Mav Fan was some kind of clever insult.

Wild Cobra's Surgeon
07-23-2011, 03:46 PM
No, you are flat out wrong. I say things all the time that are perceived as racist. Sometimes I do it purposely to expose other peoples sensitivity and bias. I'm usually just giving an honest appraisal.

Opposing and controversial viewpoints are what make discussion great, but you've never been a pillar for honesty...more like a pallbearer.

DMC
07-23-2011, 03:49 PM
Now my head hurts as well. :lol

07-23-2011, 03:56 PM
There's a silver lining somewhere in all of this. JudynTX stopped making threads.

Nice.

Who was the one that replied with smileys?

CuckingFunt
07-23-2011, 03:57 PM
Nice.

Who was the one that replied with smileys?

awmyplace.

07-23-2011, 04:02 PM
No, I'm thinking of another.

awmyplace used to send PMs, too.

CuckingFunt
07-23-2011, 04:04 PM
awmyplace used to send PMs, too.

I vaguely remember that.

NASpurs
07-23-2011, 04:11 PM
awmyplace was a special person to say the least. Whoever didn't receive a PM from her surely missed out. She had to be someone's troll.

conqueso and CuckingFunt's battles were long winded and hilarious tbh. Wonder what ever happened to that dude.

DeadlyDynasty
07-23-2011, 04:14 PM
I understand both sides of the argument, but those who are complaining about bad trolls or having to wade through shitty posts would do themselves some good if they utilized the ignore list feature. Trolls use your anger and overreactions as sustinence. If you truly cannot help yourself and feel the need to feed a troll, then you probably need to use it. Yeah, there's plenty of racism, chauvinism, sexism, etc on this site--but most of it is an act to elicit responses for shock value. It's a cheap laugh and people fall into the traps everytime.

Just ignore it and it will slowly start to dissipate once the Trolls realize there's no more audience for it.

NASpurs
07-23-2011, 04:18 PM
awmyplace.

do you like r&b/hip hop? i was just asking! exactly!

(Yeah I cheated, I went back and read some of her posts)

DMC
07-23-2011, 04:22 PM
I understand both sides of the argument, but those who are complaining about bad trolls or having to wade through shitty posts would do themselves some good if they utilized the ignore list feature. Trolls use your anger and overreactions as sustinence. If you truly cannot help yourself and feel the need to feed a troll, then you probably need to use it. Yeah, there's plenty of racism, chauvinism, sexism, etc on this site--but most of it is an act to elicit responses for shock value. It's a cheap laugh and people fall into the traps everytime.

Just ignore it and it will slowly start to dissipate once the Trolls realize there's no more audience for it.

They just get new usernames and become more covert in their trolls, like the recent spate of "help needed" threads where people seek help for a manufactured issue just to get a roll.

I've been criticized by "members" for suggesting the ignore feature, being told it was only something newbies would suggest. Even if you use it, you will soon find that you have a huge list of ignored names that don't even post, but the same posters have re-upped with a new name and you get hit again.

So I just don't have anyone on ignore. I skip their post if it's too long to read.

I think there are only 3 or 4 real trolls anyhow, and everyone else is a wannabe copycat who go in and out of trolling.

DeadlyDynasty
07-23-2011, 04:24 PM
you would do yourself good if you utilized the spell check feature

Sick burn...Congrats on your first post w/o a reference to your love of black cock

ashbeeigh
07-23-2011, 04:28 PM
awmyplace.

Oh shit. Her and Billups. I loved them.

Monostradamus
07-23-2011, 05:26 PM
I wish we could just go back to 2006 when ShoogarBear thought saying Mav Fan was some kind of clever insult.

or when posting double entendres in The Quattro passed as "insightful discussion"

CuckingFunt
07-23-2011, 05:44 PM
awmyplace was a special person to say the least. Whoever didn't receive a PM from her surely missed out. She had to be someone's troll.

conqueso and CuckingFunt's battles were long winded and hilarious tbh. Wonder what ever happened to that dude.

conqueso's PMs were hilarious, too.

CuckingFunt
07-23-2011, 05:56 PM
B2B was just so awesome under his conqueso username

:cry great fucking nostalgia :cry

You were funnier as mavs>spurs, too, for what it's worth.

DMC
07-23-2011, 06:09 PM
Changing the user name changes the personality. This is a fact.

Lefty's understudy
07-23-2011, 08:51 PM

s1ptWyt0P3I

TheQuattro
07-24-2011, 05:58 AM
I'm in no way yearning for 2005-2007 when the Quattro was king or anything but there are certain things that just are not fun anymore here. If a day goes by and I don't post anything I'm not going to worry.

Problem was some of you in the quattro thought your shit didn't stink and it was a "clique". Believe me, not everyone thought it was king,

Frenzy
07-24-2011, 07:55 AM
Every website runs its course and ST is no different. You go to almost any site that has a forum and has been around for a while you will catch the "It's not what it use to be" gripe. You catch the older ass posters thinking it's some how gonna get better or go back to the way it was. How about just deal with it or move on. But then again this a forum and you can bitch about anything. Even bitch about how the people bitching aren't bitching like they use to.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-24-2011, 12:50 PM
This forum used to get a wave of new team fans every spurs playoff round....most were trolls and some would stick around and make the place better (CuckingFunt, TheSannityAnnex, etc)

I chalk part of it up to the Spurs themselves sucking ass the last few years.

Also the older posters did move on, and the vacuum was filled by obviously younger people who have the time to post inane shit all day, flooding the forum with it

Wild Cobra
07-24-2011, 01:51 PM
This forum used to get a wave of new team fans every spurs playoff round....most were trolls and some would stick around and make the place better (CuckingFunt, TheSannityAnnex, etc)

Also the older posters did move on, and the vacuum was filled by obviously younger people who have the time to post inane shit all day, flooding the forum with it
Yes, obvious juvenile attitudes are abundant here.

CosmicCowboy
07-24-2011, 02:26 PM
to me, part of the problem is the current lack of cliques. there used to be GTG's all the time. now not so much. the normal, non racist, non shatting on peoples faces daily, people should start having GTG's again. i would go
also. i think some of the more popular club posters have a mini forum and are able to bypass trolls altogether

There was actually a time we would post...hey, anyone want to meet for lunch at Landrys? (or Chris Madrids, or Luthers, etc.) I even picked up the check a few times...

I would be afraid to attend one now in case Boutons showed up in an explosive vest and tried to take out the Political Forum table...

MannyIsGod
07-24-2011, 02:50 PM
Problem was some of you in the quattro thought your shit didn't stink and it was a "clique". Believe me, not everyone thought it was king,

LOL Joe Chalupa or Mouse?

MannyIsGod
07-24-2011, 02:52 PM
There was actually a time we would post...hey, anyone want to meet for lunch at Landrys? (or Chris Madrids, or Luthers, etc.) I even picked up the check a few times...

I would be afraid to attend one now in case Boutons showed up in an explosive vest and tried to take out the Political Forum table...

Some of us still see each other on occasional times, but I can almost guarantee many of us would not be up for starting a public GTG on the forum anymore. Just not worth it.

CosmicCowboy
07-24-2011, 02:57 PM
Some of us still see each other on occasional times, but I can almost guarantee many of us would not be up for starting a public GTG on the forum anymore. Just not worth it.

Yeah, one of these days I need to hook up with you and Jekka when y'all are in town. I'm really not that big of an asshole in person LOL

ashbeeigh
07-24-2011, 03:15 PM

I agree with this whole heartedly.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-24-2011, 06:16 PM
I remember when I was a young poster on this forum. Used to call people names like retarded, dickhole....once, I even called someone....asshole. But there was always respect. I always knew where the line was drawn. Stepped over it once or twice. But the new posters on this forum live by stepping over it every day. Buddy boy.