PDA

View Full Version : Torn rotator cuff/Shoulder problems

Juan
07-23-2011, 08:42 PM
Anyone dealt with this before? Shit is painful, I can't do shit and it's been like 8 weeks.

Libri
07-23-2011, 08:55 PM
I started developing some shoulder issues from weight training. Now I do rotator cuff exercises as a warmup every time I do weights that involve my shoulders. I don't have any shoulder issues right now.

In your case you need to see a doctor.

thispego
07-23-2011, 08:57 PM
i never tore my rotator cuff but i've had two shoulder surgeries (haha, hehe) on the same shoulder, and yeah, dislocating your shoulder is painful, putting it back in yourself is painful, and not being able to put it back in yourself and having to wait in the er for 2 fucking hours with your shoulder hanging out of the socket is painful.

the recovery time from dislocations/surgeries sucks too, puts you out of commission for a while. Truth is, if you have recurring problems, you need to get the surgery.

thispego
07-23-2011, 09:07 PM
aint no truer words ever done been spoken

Monostradamus
07-24-2011, 12:30 AM
it won't ever really heal properly unless you have surgery. I have a torn rotator cuff that I just live with. It will heal enough to live normally with no pain. But if you ever want to throw a football and/or baseball again (if it's your throwing arm), then get ready to have that thing creep up on you every time.

mavsfan1000
07-24-2011, 12:34 AM
it won't ever really heal properly unless you have surgery. I have a torn rotator cuff that I just live with. It will heal enough to live normally with no pain. But if you ever want to throw a football and/or baseball again (if it's your throwing arm), then get ready to have that thing creep up on you every time.
I got the same exact problem. Just gotta give up sports and certain other activities. Weight lifting isn't too bad most of the time but can still creep up on you. Typing in unusual positions can also bother it.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-24-2011, 02:27 AM
i never tore my rotator cuff but i've had two shoulder surgeries (haha, hehe) on the same shoulder, and yeah, dislocating your shoulder is painful, putting it back in yourself is painful, and not being able to put it back in yourself and having to wait in the er for 2 fucking hours with your shoulder hanging out of the socket is painful.

r
o
f
l

CosmicCowboy
07-24-2011, 01:53 PM
Blew mine out coming off a motocross jump 30 years ago. It was seriously compromised for at least a year, fortunately it was my right shoulder and I'm left handed. Never went to the doctor but after working out pretty consistently the muscles in the area pretty much compensated for it and I've probably got 75-85% mobility in it now...still have a chunk the size of a racquetball floating around in there that every few months will get out of place and hurt like a sumbitch till it moves back out of the way.

thispego
07-24-2011, 09:56 PM
you sons of bitches

4>0rings
07-24-2011, 10:22 PM
*bench presses*

Na, I'm good son

TheMACHINE
12-13-2012, 12:36 AM
Looks like I over worked my shoulders 6 weeks ago...been resting it...still a little pain though. I started doing very light shoulder excericses lately...will the light excercises without pain ultimately heal the overall shoulder?

CosmicCowboy
12-13-2012, 02:15 PM
As somebody else said, not completely, but enough to get by you'll never throw a 90 mph fastball again.

TheMACHINE
12-13-2012, 03:49 PM
ok..it wierd cuz its sore when i get to a certain point in my ROM, but when i do a light shoulder workout with bands it feels really good for that hour...than back to sore.