PDA

View Full Version : I just saw A Perfect Circle and it sucked big hairy shagia frost balls

Cant_Be_Faded
07-24-2011, 01:33 AM
I missed out on APC back in 2004 when they came thru Austin, and cursed myself for it for saying "Oh well, fuck it, they'll be back next summer or the summer after that."

Well it's been 7 years and I finally got to see APC and it fucking sucked.

Four out of five songs were from that fucking eMotive album, they played the entire fucking eMotive album....unreal. There were a total of 5 or 6 songs from the first two albums (real original songwriting) combined! My mind was fucking blown. To add salt to the wound, they played that bull shit eMotive bastardized version of the song Pet, as well as the bastardized version of 3 libras. It was a total farce. I could understand half songs from that album, but I was so vexed after seeing this shit.

Blue
The Hollow
Magdalena
The Package
Weak and Powerless

That was it! Fucking unreal....had I known that I was paying 50 dollars a ticket and 10 dollars per beer to see a glorified fucking cover band, I would have saved my money or at least blown it on crack.

The last time I was this disappointed in a concert was when I saw Smashing Pumpkins back in 2007. But at least they still played their hits.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-24-2011, 01:42 AM
on the other hand, the opening band was a trio of miniature japanese chicks called Red Bacteria Vacuum.....they actually fucking wailed. I feel cheated for not coming in earlier and watching their entire set. The few songs of theirs I saw were really good. Those chicks were crazy.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-24-2011, 02:05 AM
sure thing broham

MannyIsGod
07-24-2011, 03:02 AM
I can't believe they play shit from a cover album live...

Spurminator
07-24-2011, 08:26 AM
Tool was one of my most disappointing concerts. But yeah, this sounds even worse.

mFFL03
07-24-2011, 09:28 AM
wow I just saw HP7 last night and that sucked haiiiiry balls too. 7/23, be a cursed day, aye.

thispego
07-24-2011, 09:47 AM
nobody cares what you do with your life or opinions of said experiences, jose.

shut your fuckin mouth you scrot, you'll sit back and listen to everything jose has to say and you'll fuckin like it.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-24-2011, 10:53 AM
I can't believe they play shit from a cover album live...

It's not the fact that they played it. It's the fact that it's pretty much all they played. I listed the non-emotive songs. Would you have been cool with that?

BlackSwordsMan
07-24-2011, 12:09 PM
Maynard is just a cunt last time he was here he turned his back to the audience and said no pictures and played the whole set facing away.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-24-2011, 12:10 PM
what a little bitch

jman3000
07-24-2011, 12:18 PM
What line up did they have?

MannyIsGod
07-24-2011, 12:23 PM
It's not the fact that they played it. It's the fact that it's pretty much all they played. I listed the non-emotive songs. Would you have been cool with that?

Fuck no man. The first 2 albums were awesome. I really like Weak and Powerless but there's so much good shit they didn't play. I'm not a fan AT ALL of emotive. Shit album just to finish a contract.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-24-2011, 12:24 PM
Exactly...they have so MANY good good songs on those first two albums and they hardly scratched the surface.

That retarded, bastardized version of Pet was the point of no return for me, I couldn't even muster the strength to stand or clap after they did that.

scott
07-24-2011, 01:08 PM
on the other hand, the opening band was a trio of miniature japanese chicks called Red Bacteria Vacuum.....they actually fucking wailed. I feel cheated for not coming in earlier and watching their entire set. The few songs of theirs I saw were really good. Those chicks were crazy.

Bought all 4 CDs they had available and got them signed. They rocked.

Enso Wa Tanoshi!

scott
07-24-2011, 01:10 PM
My Facebook status about halfway through APC:

"Enough with the baby making music, APC... I want to rooooooooock"

I too was disappointed, though I actually liked that version of Pet (though I like the original better).

Just more evidence that everything Maynard touches turns to gold... then slowly deteriorates to shit.

koriwhat
07-24-2011, 02:07 PM
Maynard did it!

thispego
07-24-2011, 02:18 PM
My Facebook status about halfway through APC:

:lmao

scott
07-24-2011, 02:31 PM
:lmao

omg lol crofl people have facebook instead of just living their entire life on this message board!!!

thispego
07-24-2011, 02:34 PM
both are lame, just silly to update facebook status in the middle of a concert, silly to quote your update later, silly to update facebook status at all, etc etc :lol

scott
07-24-2011, 02:45 PM
had you been at this boring concert, you'd know why updated Facebook was the thing to do during it. Pointing out that I posted to FB was just as important as what I posted to Facebook in demonstrating how boring this concert was.

Outside of Japanese all-girl hardcore punk bands, that is.

ynh
07-24-2011, 04:59 PM
Maynard is just a cunt last time he was here he turned his back to the audience and said no pictures and played the whole set facing away.

That's actually pretty much just how he plays at any concert that I have seen or been to..

MannyIsGod
07-24-2011, 05:32 PM
I've always really enjoyed the Tool concerts I've been to.

symple19
07-24-2011, 05:39 PM
Tool at Lollapalooza in 97' is still the most epic, awesome performance I've ever seen.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-24-2011, 06:12 PM
Bought all 4 CDs they had available and got them signed. They rocked.

Enso Wa Tanoshi!

Yeah I'm kind of mad I did not rush into the stage area to watch more of their set. They were really good.

had you been at this boring concert, you'd know why updated Facebook was the thing to do during it. Pointing out that I posted to FB was just as important as what I posted to Facebook in demonstrating how boring this concert was.

Outside of Japanese all-girl hardcore punk bands, that is.

Scott is right...I was even texting during the APC show cuz I was getting so bored.

I thought I saw one of the tiny japanese chicks carrying her signs to their merch booth, and I blinked and she was gone...she was so short it was impossible to see her through the crowd. Then I forgot to go back to the booth to see if they were there doing signings. It must have been her I saw then. She was the bassist.

Viva Las Espuelas
07-24-2011, 09:01 PM
Maynard usually ruins good groups for me. I'm sorry you got the shaft CBF. I'd have been as pissed as you right now. Maybe more. That debut APC is a great disc.

Ignignokt
07-24-2011, 10:19 PM
ewhh! brah! Like i was all whoaaaa!!! cowabunga!! eh heheheheheheh brah! Me and mooks were like so trashed, I whooped out my astronomy kit and we stared at the constellations on shrooms uhh ewh hehehe.

Like.. it wasn't even that APC played any good or anything, is just that the ambience was like so rad man. I thought my astronomy set captured a supernova, but it was just mookie's gut radiating from insulin shock from the 30 whataburger taquitos he ate! whoaaa hahahahaa

So then he was like, "hey punk ass chump! where's the porta potty's!" and i was like..

(air guitar shred music) "WHoa brah, do you got to like drop a uecy duecy! heh heh heh!"(power chord/whammy)

And he was like " Yeah man, i got to drop a big one, but with 4cc's!!"

yah mang!!!

Ignignokt
07-24-2011, 10:29 PM
if Pat is 4cc does that make mooks 4chichis?

Cant_Be_Faded
07-24-2011, 11:00 PM
ewhh! brah! Like i was all whoaaaa!!! cowabunga!! eh heheheheheheh brah! Me and mooks were like so trashed, I whooped out my astronomy kit and we stared at the constellations on shrooms uhh ewh hehehe.

Like.. it wasn't even that APC played any good or anything, is just that the ambience was like so rad man. I thought my astronomy set captured a supernova, but it was just mookie's gut radiating from insulin shock from the 30 whataburger taquitos he ate! whoaaa hahahahaa

So then he was like, "hey punk ass chump! where's the porta potty's!" and i was like..

(air guitar shred music) "WHoa brah, do you got to like drop a uecy duecy! heh heh heh!"(power chord/whammy)

And he was like " Yeah man, i got to drop a big one, but with 4cc's!!"

yah mang!!!

Wow you really do get a boner when that bald munglicker posts anything don't you?
You've reverted to feeble 2008 era gtown...are you high or something cuz you just kennnnt duuueee tings like dettt

Ignignokt
07-24-2011, 11:10 PM
Wow you really do get a boner when that bald munglicker posts anything don't you?
You've reverted to feeble 2008 era gtown...are you high or something cuz you just kennnnt duuueee tings like dettt

jose, your travails in astronomy has rendered you to be an astronomical beaner. Putting value into heavy metal won't dillute the astronomical heights of your beanerness. Now look at me, i value classical music. Therefore i'm just a classical beaner who has embraced my beanerness.

Now thru our discourses, i find you to be a fine fellow bean. Your use of hyperbole amuses me since it is a symptom of an astronomical beaner who lives life in excess of beaner values.

Cant_Be_Faded
07-24-2011, 11:17 PM
it's not like you killed someone! it's not like you drove a spiteful spear into his side!

he did it all for youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

hah cheez, i remember getting stoned to da bone and listening to dett stuff

They didn't even play that song Judith. I was pissed....certain that they were going to play that as the final encore.

In fact, they sucked so much ass, that Maynard told the crowd they were too lazy to go backstage and then come back to do the encore, and they were just going to start the encore.

I was like okay here comes Judith...then we get 4 more emotive songs. Lame.