PDA

View Full Version : No Way A Jump Shooting Team Can Repeat As Champs

Koolaid_Man
07-25-2011, 07:16 AM
so I dialed into a Lakers conference call last night for the first time and I heard some real G's speaking the truth...:lol

Basically the summary was this....

The Dallas Mavericks won't repeat. Why? Because a jump shooting team can only win a title literally once in a lifetime. Dallas was lucky for sure but I think we all know that winning the title as a jump shooting team is 80% luck and 20% effort. It's the 80/20 rule. It's not supposed to happen but it did. Just don't expect lightening to strike twice Dallas fan cuz it don't work that way. Be glad you lucked up and got you one basically off of jumpers.

Listen when Dallas has to play with a target on their backs watch them fold. It's easy to chase a title for the first time but back 2 back is a different beast. Personally I just really don't see Jason Terry hitting shots like that again. It happens sometimes but I'll be damed if they repeat as champs hitting jump shots.

Real niggas that I talk to laugh at the notion. They will get locked up next year. They had their little hoorah but now it's over. You gooks had a couple days to celebrate that shit but no one outside of Dallas respects or even remotely think you can defend it. Dirk is one and done. Everyone is hip to that fucking cryo chamber now so the field will be level. :lol

But in reality the Dallas title team has got to be the weakest team to ring since that * title in 1999.

ambchang
07-25-2011, 10:35 AM
Please look up the definition and application of the 80/20 rule.

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-25-2011, 11:25 AM
Please look up the definition and application of the 80/20 rule.

The version of the rule that applies to Kool Aid states that someone with an IQ of 80 should not start 20 threads every day.

DAF86
07-25-2011, 11:28 AM
lol a Kobe fan dissing jump shooting.

rogcl1
07-25-2011, 01:35 PM
"But in reality the Dallas title team has got to be the weakest team to ring since that * title in 1999."

Yep, the ass whipping the mavs gave the Lakers really says something about the strength of the Lakers.

Jodelo
07-25-2011, 02:27 PM
122-86

adrienne
07-25-2011, 02:48 PM
You spend more time thinking about the Mavs than I do, and I've been a Mavs fan for more than a decade. Maybe you should reevaluate your allegiance.

Mark in Austin
07-25-2011, 03:04 PM
But in reality the Dallas title team has got to be the weakest team to ring since that * title in 1999.

You're talking about the '99 team that swept the Lakers and shut down the Forum, right? :toast

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-25-2011, 03:18 PM
You're talking about the '99 team that swept the Lakers and shut down the Forum, right? :toast

When you put it that way perhaps a title with something that momentous probably should get an asterisk to set it above those other championships.

Jacob1983
07-25-2011, 03:54 PM
Tyson Chandler is a jump shooter?

Koolaid_Man
07-25-2011, 03:55 PM
"But in reality the Dallas title team has got to be the weakest team to ring since that * title in 1999."

Yep, the ass whipping the mavs gave the Lakers really says something about the strength of the Lakers.

I guess you don't understand the basis for the Mavs *......it's simple....

2008-2010 = 3 straight finals appearances....the Gold Medal he led his team to in 2008 is equivalent to 4 straight Finals appearances....so he was tired...and it showed...therefore you guys have a big fat asterisk that rivals the one earned in 1999....:lol real talk tbh

Koolaid_Man
07-25-2011, 03:57 PM
Tyson Chandler is a jump shooter?

Chandler is similar to a gay scrub...they'll overpay for his homo erotica ass...:lol

Koolaid_Man
07-25-2011, 03:58 PM
You spend more time thinking about the Mavs than I do, and I've been a Mavs fan for more than a decade. Maybe you should reevaluate your allegiance.

don't make me snatch you up by your nappy headed weave....

adrienne
07-25-2011, 04:10 PM
...I don't have a weave? I'm just messing with you. Because you're obsessed.:lol

Koolaid_Man
07-25-2011, 04:17 PM
...I don't have a weave? I'm just messing with you. Because you're obsessed.:lol

ok let's take it to the PM's...I don't like going back and forth with women in public....:lol

Mr. Fix It
07-25-2011, 04:26 PM
ok let's take it to the PM's...I don't like going back and forth with women in public because lakaluva might see and he's got a jealous streak wider than my butthole.

ftfy

pass1st
07-25-2011, 04:34 PM
Not the weakest team, but the weakest competition. After a solid Blazer team, they faced a Lakers team with no bench and a pussy Spaniard, an OKC team that has a PG that takes more shots than Kobe and a Heat team with 0 team chemistry.

Until the young teams get good enough, nothing is changing. Not like Lakers going to make use of their 2 decent draft picks.

Koolaid_Man
07-25-2011, 04:43 PM
ftfy

get your post count up gook...and stop being a flaming homo like your Spur bretheren.

Banzai
07-25-2011, 04:45 PM
I see nothing has changed here.

FkLA
07-25-2011, 05:37 PM
99' spurs would murder the 11' mavs

as would the 03, 05, and 07 spurs now that i think about it tbh

Axe Murderer
07-25-2011, 05:42 PM
99' spurs would murder the 11' mavs

as would the 03, 05, and 07 spurs now that i think about it tbh

crofl there's no way the 07 spurs beat the 11 mavs

Koolaid_Man
07-25-2011, 05:48 PM
sorry senor, jj barea waxes avery johnson's ass on the way to victory while dirk pulls duncan out on the perimeter and works him in that scenario tbh.

:lmao gtfo...avery johnson would tax that Berea ass....and I'd give Duncan the advantage over Dirk

Koolaid_Man
07-25-2011, 05:50 PM
Berea would be intimidated by Avery...that little nigga was cock strong like a muthafucker...benching 400 lbs and shit...he'd intimidate Berea....Berea is a cartoon figga...

Koolaid_Man
07-25-2011, 05:55 PM
no way, have you ever seen what happens whenever duncan guards the opposing teams best big 1 on 1? last time that happened, amare taxed that as for 37ppg in a playoff series. duncan would be all out of his element out there running around on the perimeter getting wetted up :lol

perhaps...I'm not into defending Duncan that's Spur fan job....:lol but I know Avery would have kicked the shit outta Berea....:lol

FkLA
07-25-2011, 05:56 PM
99' spurs had malik rose aka the dirk stopper, also imagine 5-5 puerto rican mj trying to finish at the rim against the twin towers :lol

baseline bum
07-25-2011, 06:23 PM
99' spurs had malik rose aka the dirk stopper, also imagine 5-5 puerto rican mj trying to finish at the rim against the twin towers :lol

What the fuck do you have that faggot in your sig for?

midnightpulp
07-25-2011, 06:53 PM
As far as I'm concerned, these niggas aren't even the Champs. I'll go into greater details of this on opening night, but a wise man once said, "a team like the Mavs or Bulls might pull a sneak move in 2011 because the other elite teams stars, coaches, and owners will be preoccupied with the looming lock out."

You won't see me offering congrats to the bunch of faggots. Oh, and I'm the wise man.:wakeup

A wise woman also said, "Real men don't welch."

6 days until the welfare check comes. Niggas like you get a Christmas every month. Must be nice.

midnightpulp
07-25-2011, 07:13 PM
Nigga on me tough for them lil cookies?:lmao Don't you want to know why I didn't pay you?:rollin

Don't you want to know why I insisted this bet be on the honor system, which was an obvious risk considering the precedent your boyfriend had just set?

I knew there was very, very good chance you'd welch. Why would I make that bet then?

Don't you want to know why?

Koolaid_Man
07-25-2011, 07:57 PM
Don't you want to know why I insisted this bet be on the honor system, which was an obvious risk considering the precedent your boyfriend had just set?

I knew there was very, very good chance you'd welch. Why would I make that bet then?

Don't you want to know why?

lemme guess? You like getting fucked....:lmao

TheSanityAnnex
07-25-2011, 07:58 PM
Nice to see midgetonadonkey is still melting down.

LkrFan
07-25-2011, 08:03 PM
Not only that, they're an old jump shot shooting team at that. No way in hell they repeat. WCF is their 2012 ceiling. Book it. :tu

LnGrrrR
07-25-2011, 09:51 PM
lol Lakers conference call

How much did that cost you a minute?

Killakobe81
07-25-2011, 11:23 PM
07 Spurs were not that good. they won on fumes much like '09 Lakers, '02 Lakers and the 89 Lakers that swept through the playoffs but blew out their hamstrings trying to 3peat...

Worthy was the only "star" with any gas left in the tank ....

'99 Spurs would destroy 07 Spurs and this year's Mavs ...robinson was still pretty good and that was the "height" of duncan's athelticism though not his skill level but he was already the best big man until Shaq got in shape in 2000 ...then when shaq got fat, duncan reigned again.

Killakobe81
07-25-2011, 11:28 PM
Dallas are the faves ... but man I just don't know. If dirk leads a good but not great team to a repeat you HAVE to put him up with hakeem & Kobe at least as far as recent champions. The Lakers repeat team and the Rox ones are both very good but against the other repeat champions are hardly legendary:

87-88 Lakers
MJ's Bulls
Bad boy pistons
Shaq Kobe 3peat

Rox, Lakers and repeat Mavs are the weakest repeat teams ...if dirk does it. Dont get me be wong by repeating they get props over any one and dones except maybe 80's celts 2008 Celts and MAYBE 99 Spurs ...but Mavs doing that?! That elevates Dirk to another level.

Jodelo
07-26-2011, 04:49 AM

Cool, open jumpshots for Dirk all day when Duncan and Robinson go and try to block JJB!