PDA

View Full Version : Spotify

ashbeeigh
07-25-2011, 09:57 AM
I know I might be tardy to the party, but holy crap I love this thing.

If you don't have it yet here's a link for a download. You gotta be in the US for it to work.

here (http://klout.com/perk/Spotify/SpotifyFreeAccounts?passalong=MzEvMzU2OTUvMg&passalongSig=933c4f063919b7e09c181dfc3e7d077414ba5 19ec42b6bad527d18b06bb26025)

MannyIsGod
07-25-2011, 10:14 AM
You are late. Geek Forum had you beat by quite some time.

ashbeeigh
07-25-2011, 10:18 AM
You are late. Geek Forum had you beat by quite some time.

I admitted to being late. Oh well.

MannyIsGod
07-25-2011, 10:20 AM
I affirmed your acknowledgment

Viva Las Espuelas
07-25-2011, 10:34 AM
So it's basically another pandora?

MannyIsGod
07-25-2011, 10:38 AM
No - much better than Pandora as you can select exactly what you want to listen to. Its basically being able to stream (almost) anything you want at anytime you want. There's some stuff not in their catalog but its a pretty huge selection.

Viva Las Espuelas
07-25-2011, 10:40 AM
Maybe a better link? (http://www.spotify.com/us/hello-america/)

MannyIsGod
07-25-2011, 10:43 AM
Ashbeigh's link is better as long as they're still giving out invites. Otherwise you'll have to wait for access.

Viva Las Espuelas
07-25-2011, 10:43 AM
No - much better than Pandora as you can select exactly what you want to listen to. Its basically being able to stream (almost) anything you want at anytime you want. There's some stuff not in their catalog but its a pretty huge selection.

So there's not "stations" that play a couple songs an hour that you like?

ashbeeigh
07-25-2011, 10:45 AM
I'm a mega pop princess and was able to stream all the stuff I've wanted to buy but can't/won't buy like Drake, Nicki Minaj, Rihanna, Far East Movement (Animal and Free Wired), Colbie Calliat... I wasn't able to get Adele's 21 though. It's worth the quick download just to see what it's all about.

The ads aren't nearly as annoying at Pandora's ads either. The Premium service is a bit precier than Pandora's, but that is to expected when you can choose the music as opposed to them picking it for you.

ashbeeigh
07-25-2011, 10:47 AM
Maybe a better link? (http://www.spotify.com/us/hello-america/)

:wtf just because it's my link it's no good? I sent it to several people yesterday. I know it works.

mrsmaalox
07-25-2011, 10:49 AM
Ashbeigh's link is better as long as they're still giving out invites. Otherwise you'll have to wait for access.

Must be why I don't see anything about Spotify there :lol

Viva Las Espuelas
07-25-2011, 10:50 AM
Settle down, Juggs. I don't do that "sign in with Facebook" crap so that's why I did a quick search for another way. "Maybe"

ashbeeigh
07-25-2011, 10:54 AM
Settle down, Juggs. I don't do that "sign in with Facebook" crap so that's why I did a quick search for another way. "Maybe"

Hmm. That's weird. Their platform is heavy on connecting with fb and twitter though, not to mention that link is connected with klout which is social media driven so you might have to connect with something else...bummer.

and maalox, I just clicked it and it worked for me?

Viva Las Espuelas
07-25-2011, 10:58 AM
Oh, so you have to connect through some social networking site? If so, I'll pass.

ashbeeigh
07-25-2011, 11:00 AM
Oh, so you have to connect through some social networking site? If so, I'll pass.

No, no. You don't have to, but they have some interactive components. I understand the lack of desire to connect things. It's annoying as crap to have everything connected. Is the link not working? I'm confused as to why it isn't working when I sent it to people I didn't even know and it worked last night but it's not working this morning.

mrsmaalox
07-25-2011, 11:03 AM
and maalox, I just clicked it and it worked for me?

Yes the link works fine...it just doesn't link to anything Spotify---I did the with FB thing also. I suspect they no longer have invites; not a problem, it's been that way a few other places I checked. Thanks anyway :toast

ashbeeigh
07-25-2011, 11:05 AM
Yes the link works fine...it just doesn't link to anything Spotify---I did the with FB thing also. I suspect they no longer have invites; not a problem, it's been that way a few other places I checked. Thanks anyway :toast

No, no, pumpkin pie. That is Spotify related. There's a link in that pop up that you need to click. It gives you the code to download spotify. That goes for you to too, Viva. Then it says you have your own link to share Spotify with others as well.

Viva Las Espuelas
07-25-2011, 11:09 AM
Ah. Well I checked on my iPhone. I kinda figured either Flash or pop ups were the reason I wasn't seeing what you were intending us to see. I'll check it later.

mrsmaalox
07-25-2011, 11:09 AM
No, no, pumpkin pie. That is Spotify related. There's a link in that pop up that you need to click. It gives you the code to download spotify. That goes for you to too, Viva. Then it says you have your own link to share Spotify with others as well.

:lol I understand that. There is no Spotify pop up or code. Just the Klout stuff.

edit I cleared my cache, tried again, and it did give me a free Spotify pop up but then goes nowhere from there.

Viva Las Espuelas
07-25-2011, 11:11 AM
"user error"

Chomag
07-25-2011, 11:12 AM
This was news to me, thanks for sharing OP. To bad that you have to pay the full premium to get it on your Mobile. I know it's only $9.99 but I honestly can't add another monthly bill to my budget right now :(

ashbeeigh
07-25-2011, 11:14 AM
"user error"

I think so too. She's a lost cause, today. Someone's got a case of the Mondays.

mrsmaalox
07-25-2011, 11:25 AM
Whatever...

MannyIsGod
07-25-2011, 11:25 AM
Yeah I was bummed that you couldn't use it on your phone without paying. After uploading all my songs to Google Music its not that useful to me to pay 10 bucks. I also have problems with the main client and the lack of a "instant" automatic playlist maker is a serious annoyance for me.

I still think its pretty cool though. Definitely useful for checking out new music while at a computer.

MannyIsGod
07-25-2011, 11:28 AM
Whatever...

Go here

http://www.spotify.com/us/get-spotify/free/#get-started

Click on login, then click on sign up.

It will give you a space to enter in your code and you should be able to continue the sign up process from that point.

Once you've signed up you'll have to download a client but then you just search for music and play it.

Spurminator
07-25-2011, 11:32 AM
After uploading all my songs to Google Music its not that useful to me to pay 10 bucks.

Today I learned about Google Music.

How much space do you get?

ashbeeigh
07-25-2011, 11:32 AM
Whatever...

It doesn't mean I don't love you any less, maalox. It just means I can't help you today. :)

ashbeeigh
07-25-2011, 11:39 AM

You can also upload your music to the amazon cloud I think. That can be transferred to your phone.

I don't do the whole fancy phone thing...but that's what I've heard.

MannyIsGod
07-25-2011, 11:51 AM

I forgot but I uploaded just under 6 thousand songs. I think its by song not by gig.

MannyIsGod
07-25-2011, 11:52 AM
Yeah its 20k songs, Spurm.

Spurminator
07-25-2011, 11:56 AM
Not bad, thanks.