PDA

View Full Version : California "Dream Act" approved for illegal immigrants

jack sommerset
07-26-2011, 10:37 AM
There is no hope for California.

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - California Governor Jerry Brown signed into law on Monday a bill allowing illegal immigrants to receive privately funded scholarships to attend the state's public colleges and universities.

http://news.yahoo.com/california-dream-act-approved-illegal-immigrants-013617230.html

Sec24Row7
07-26-2011, 10:45 AM
I would be worried as a new applicant that this law would concentrate attention by federal authorities with intentions to deport...

It certainly will after an administration shift to the right...

ElNono
07-26-2011, 11:02 AM
Well, it doesn't look anything like the proposed federal "Dream Act". Actually, it couldn't possibly look like it, since Immigration policy is exclusive to the federal government.

Drachen
07-26-2011, 11:11 AM
How is this anything like the dream act??

Crookshanks
07-26-2011, 11:54 AM
The people of California deserve every bad thing they're getting because they keep electing liberals! And don't bother mentioning Arnold's two terms because he's not a real conservative. He might've had an "R" after his name, but he governed just like a liberal.

clambake
07-26-2011, 12:01 PM
The people of California deserve every bad thing they're getting because they keep electing liberals! And don't bother mentioning Arnold's two terms because he's not a real conservative. He might've had an "R" after his name, but he governed just like a liberal.

all the people that can't cut it here are moving to texas.

you get what you deserve.

ChumpDumper
07-26-2011, 12:15 PM
They deserve earthquakes and wildfires and any resulting deaths since they turned away from God by electing Democrats.

ElNono
07-26-2011, 12:22 PM
"And don't mention a republican because he doesn't count!"

gfy, ankle-biters, corps funded VRWC!

ChumpDumper
07-26-2011, 12:30 PM
So it's not a Dream Act.

George Gervin's Afro
07-26-2011, 01:35 PM
There is no hope for California.

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - California Governor Jerry Brown signed into law on Monday a bill allowing illegal immigrants to receive privately funded scholarships to attend the state's public colleges and universities.

http://news.yahoo.com/california-dream-act-approved-illegal-immigrants-013617230.html

there's no hope for you dummy

jack sommerset
07-26-2011, 03:06 PM
Go suck some more cock, dummy.

LOL@dream act. Lets force american citizens to pay for a illegals education and call it a dream law.

I would say about 1 percent of legal USA citizens support this law. Probably less. Seriously, spend your time and money and figure out a way to talk these illegals into standing in line and get citizenship. Tell them to learn english. Obey our laws. Be responsible. Hopefully they will go back home first.

ChumpDumper
07-26-2011, 03:09 PM
If they are private funds, who is being forced to pay?

Tell us all who is paying, jack.

boutons_deux
07-26-2011, 03:11 PM
"force american citizens to pay for a illegals education"

this CA school assistance money is private source, not from taxpayers.

"to receive privately funded scholarships"

ChumpDumper
07-26-2011, 03:14 PM
jack doesn't even read his own posts.

RandomGuy
07-26-2011, 03:16 PM
I would say about 1 percent of legal USA citizens support this law. Probably less.

You would say that.

You would also be, as usual, wrong.

Poll: 54 percent support DREAM Act (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/12/10/poll-54-percent-support-dream-act/)

Your margin of error was about 150,000,000 people.

:lol

ChumpDumper
07-26-2011, 03:17 PM
Massive poll fraud.

Drachen
07-26-2011, 03:25 PM
Massive poll fraud.

Damn cd, you're lobbing softball here. Lol

ChumpDumper
07-26-2011, 03:27 PM
Why are people confusing this with the Dream Act?

ElNono
07-26-2011, 03:45 PM
Now that the public money claim failed, I'm going to spin this as an obvious kind of ruse from private entities that want to keep cheap labor around

Chingo Bling
07-26-2011, 03:55 PM
http://cdnl.complex.com/assets/images/lists/hip-hop-gifs/50-Chingo-Bling.gif

Wild Cobra
07-26-2011, 03:56 PM
Well guys, I don't have a problem with the private scholarships as long as tax payer money isn't being used. I still think they need to pay out of state tuition costs. If backers are serious, they can pay the extra on the tuition.

As for a path to citizenship, yes it could be called that, though state law can never make it automatic. It is easier to become a citizen if you have something to offer. An education helps.

My biggest problem with it as I understand the law is that it adds another reason for people to come here illegally.

boutons_deux
07-26-2011, 04:42 PM
A non-US person thinking he can win one of these probably very competitive scholarships is hardly a reason to come to CA.

Wild Cobra
07-26-2011, 04:44 PM
A non-US person thinking he can win one of these probably very competitive scholarships is hardly a reason to come to CA.
I never attempted to assign a value to it, we don't know. For all we know several groups will provide Hispanic only scholarships that include illegals. It will be a draw to some. How many, I will not attempt to quantify, but it will have a greater than zero effect.

ChumpDumper
07-26-2011, 06:12 PM
One?

Two?

ElNono
07-26-2011, 06:19 PM
Education isn't a 'path to citizenship'. If you entered the country illegally, there's very few options for you to turn into a resident, and none that include education, AFAIK.

jack sommerset
07-26-2011, 09:00 PM
Massive poll fraud.

Nope. Im right. Prolly less than 1 percent of americans support this law.

This is whats amazing and crazy frustrating to Americans. Arizona passes a law on immigration. Its pretty much the same as the federal law. Left, right, independents all chime in. One will say it's not enough, another say it's racial profiling, it gets everyone talking about our illegal infestation and what to do about it. People talk about more troops, border patrol, longer,bigger walls, they discuss going after the employers, all sorts of ideas about getting rid of the criminals. Then one day, you wake up and a United States Governor signs into law this crazy batshit.

I was looking back at our ST threads about illegal immigration and I didn't see any people saying there was no problem. People in here actually agreed for the most part there is a problem but disagreed on how to handle it. And again, Jerry Brown, a freaken governor of the United States says its all good, lets pass a law to pay for their education, as long as they can hide for 5 years that is. Fucking pathetic.

jack sommerset
07-26-2011, 09:04 PM
"force american citizens to pay for a illegals education"

this CA school assistance money is private source, not from taxpayers.

"to receive privately funded scholarships"

Please troll someone else. I said "lets force"

jack sommerset
07-26-2011, 09:06 PM
You would say that.

You would also be, as usual, wrong.

Poll: 54 percent support DREAM Act (http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2010/12/10/poll-54-percent-support-dream-act/)

Your margin of error was about 150,000,000 people.

:lol

No way. I'm 100 percent right. No way amerians would support this law. I gave them 1 percent just because of the crazy factor.

ElNono
07-26-2011, 09:44 PM
Then one day, you wake up and a United States Governor signs into law this crazy batshit.

And again, Jerry Brown, a freaken governor of the United States says its all good, lets pass a law to pay for their education, as long as they can hide for 5 years that is. Fucking pathetic.

It's probably not fair to just put this solely on the governor. In order for this to become law it had to be approved by the legislature too.

Wild Cobra
07-26-2011, 10:29 PM
Education isn't a 'path to citizenship'. If you entered the country illegally, there's very few options for you to turn into a resident, and none that include education, AFAIK.
I'm only saying that the better educated you are, the easier it is to get legal residency, which can lead to citizenship if that's what someone wants.

Wild Cobra
07-26-2011, 10:33 PM

Isn't it pretty much a useless feel good law, isn't it? Why get in an uproar about it?

symple19
07-26-2011, 10:48 PM

Central Valley republicans are some of the scariest right wingers in America. They are every bit as batshit crazy as the far lefties in that state, in their own special way, of course.

ElNono
07-26-2011, 10:56 PM
I'm only saying that the better educated you are, the easier it is to get legal residency, which can lead to citizenship if that's what someone wants.

And I'm telling you that after you entered the country illegally, education level has no bearing whatsoever in obtaining legal residency. Marrying a US Citizen might be the only sure fire way. Joining the military might be the other option.
Education level only matters if you're looking to immigrate temporarily or permanently legally (like I did, through a work visa). If you're here illegally, you screwed up (And that includes overextending your stay on a visa)

Jamtas#2
07-28-2011, 06:36 PM

are you attempting to refute an actual poll with a gut feeling on what the entire country believes?

Waht would your response be if you threw up a CNN poll on what you believe and one of the hard core liberals on the board responded back, with "no, I'm 100% right"

My guess is you wouldn't buy that either.