PDA

View Full Version : Free Agency News

Riddler
07-26-2011, 12:39 PM
AdamSchefter (http://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter) Adam Schefter

Another Cowboys cut: Dallas releasing RB Marion Barber.

21 seconds ago (http://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter/status/95910215337259008)

Ditty
07-26-2011, 01:13 PM
ESPNDallas ESPNDallas
Multiple sources: Cowboys to release Roy Williams. Story to come.

:lmao

Riddler
07-26-2011, 01:17 PM
ESPNDallas ESPNDallas

:lmao:lmao:lmao

Riddler
07-26-2011, 01:18 PM
This shit is great. Best free agency in a while before the signings and trades even start

Bill_Brasky
07-26-2011, 01:56 PM
http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2011-nfl-undrafted-free-agents

All undrafted FA signings.

crc21209
07-26-2011, 03:04 PM
ESPNDallas ESPNDallas

Great fucking news! :tu Leonard Davis will also be released, and most likely Marc Colombo as well.....

Halberto
07-26-2011, 03:05 PM
They also cut Leonard Davis. I thought that was a bit too much...

djohn2oo8
07-26-2011, 03:05 PM
^ Isn't that a 12 million dollar cap hit?

LnGrrrR
07-26-2011, 03:42 PM
Tully Banta-Cain is cut! Fuck yes!

Hi mono. :lol

LnGrrrR
07-26-2011, 03:49 PM
:lol

also, Derrick Mason will be cut. If the Patriots are too stubborn to take back Moss, this would be a great pickup.

I like Mason, but I'm afraid this will be the year he falls off the cliff.

There's no big free agents that I see the Pats targeting.

LakerHater
07-27-2011, 09:56 PM
Vikings get QB McNabb from Redskins for 6th-round pick

By JON KRAWCZYNSKI, AP Sports Writer 30 minutes ago

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (AP)—Donovan McNabb’s arrival in Minnesota has been a rumored scenario for at least five years, ever since Brad Childress left thePhiladelphia Eagles to take over the Vikings in 2006.
Childress is long gone now, but another former Eagles assistant—new Vikings head coach Leslie Frazier—helped make those rumors a reality on Wednesday, just in time for McNabb to help bridge the gap from Brett Favre to rookie Christian Ponder.
The Vikings acquired McNabb from Washington for a sixth-round draft pick in 2012 and a conditional sixth-rounder in 2013, two people with knowledge of the transaction told The Associated Press. They requested anonymity because McNabb has yet to officially sign his restructured contract.

In order to make the deal happen, McNabb had to agree to restructure the five-year, $78 million deal he signed with the Redskins because the Vikings don’t have enough cap room to fit him in with the way the deal is structured. The terms of his new deal were not immediately available.
McNabb gives the Vikings a veteran quarterback while they groom Ponder, who was drafted 12th overall out of Florida State in April, to be the team’s long-term answer at the position. The original preference for Frazier and the Vikings was to have Ponder start Week 1 in San Diego, with a capable veteran backup there just in case.
That was before the NFL lockout prevented players from working out with coaches all summer and put Ponder behind schedule in his development. That made it more important for the Vikings to add an accomplished, experienced quarterback they think can win games with a roster full of veterans while Ponder gets up to speed.
From the sounds of it, Ponder isn’t conceding anything just yet.
“Excited to have McNabb join,” Ponder wrote on Twitter on Wednesday morning, perhaps jumping the gun just a little bit. “Will learn a lot from a Pro Bowler. But that doesn’t mean I’m not still fighting to start week 1!”
The trade ends a tumultuous one-year run in Washington for McNabb. The 12-year veteran was benched twice last season and threw 14 touchdowns and 15 interceptions in 13 games. He completed 58 percent of his passes for 3,377 yards, and his agent Fletcher Smith sparred publicly with head coach Mike Shanahan and offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan.
Even before the deal was completed, some Redskins players were already treating McNabb’s departure as a foregone conclusion. The writing has been on the wall for some time in Washington, and news of the discussions with the Vikings only served to validate that feeling.
“You see a guy that’s been a Pro Bowler six times,” linebacker Lorenzo Alexander said. “He was going to come in and really help us win more games, but it didn’t work out. Relationships broke down, and now he’s not here, but you can’t really focus on that. You’ve got to continue to move forward.”
Childress coached McNabb in Philadelphia from 1999 to 2005 before leaving to become the head coach in Minnesota. From the minute he arrived in the Twin Cities, it was assumed that McNabb would one day join him in purple.
But McNabb stayed put in Philly and the Vikings coaxed Favre out of retirement, twice. Favre led the Vikings to the NFC title game after the 2009 season, but had a disastrous, injury and scandal-plagued year in 2010 as Minnesota sunk to the bottom of the division.
When Frazier took over as the full-time head coach in January, he said it was time for the team to end its penchant for bringing in retreads and past-their-prime veterans and develop a young quarterback from the start.
They surprised many when they drafted Ponder so early in the first round and immediately said he would compete for the starting job right away.
Ponder was billed as the most NFL-ready quarterback in the 2011 class, but not being able to work with new offensive coordinator Bill Musgrave and most of his teammates at various minicamps and organized team activities throughout the summer makes it a bigger challenge for him to be ready to start in San Diego on Sept. 11.
Ponder said last week during a workout at the University of Minnesota that he still was aiming to be the starter from Day 1.
“That’s what I’m pushing for,” he said. “That’s what I’m hoping for. So we’ll see what happens.”
Bringing in McNabb does show veterans such as Adrian Peterson, Antoine Winfield, Jared Allen and Kevin Williams that the team is still in a “win now”mode, and it was unclear on Wednesday night just how the pecking order at quarterback will play out.
“I would have loved to have him back here,” Alexander said. “But things just didn’t turn out the right way, and he’ll go on and eventually be a Hall of Famer.”

DeadlyDynasty
07-27-2011, 10:03 PM
I like Mason, but I'm afraid this will be the year he falls off the cliff.

There's no big free agents that I see the Pats targeting.

He's a possession receiver who excels on 3rd downs...if he can be productive with Flacco, imagine how useful he can be with Brady.

dirk4mvp
07-27-2011, 10:08 PM
I'd like Barber in Indy.

symple19
07-27-2011, 10:09 PM
Steelers, Giants are the likely players for Burress.

Wonder if he can still make a difference wherever he ends up?

symple19
07-27-2011, 10:11 PM
additionally, lol Mcnabb

dirk4mvp
07-27-2011, 10:43 PM
:rollin the 49ers signing Masoli Ravioli as a RB

symple19
07-27-2011, 10:46 PM
:rollin the 49ers signing Masoli Ravioli as a RB

yeah, I didn't realize the boat could sink any further. It's been a mess since Harbaugh got there. The new GM is making some horrible moves

Maybe the Niners could win in the CFL?

dirk4mvp
07-27-2011, 10:53 PM
:lol that makes no sense at all.

He was athletic enough to be an above average scrambling QB in the pac 10, not athletic enough to be a good scrambling QB in the SEC. And now he's gonna play RB in the NFL :lol

symple19
07-27-2011, 10:55 PM
The only thing I could see him doing is bulking up to play some sort of hybrid fullback role... Nevermind, no he couldn't. Dude is worthless.

DBryant88
07-28-2011, 07:35 AM
Im Irrelavant

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-28-2011, 08:12 AM
:lol that makes no sense at all.

He was athletic enough to be an above average scrambling QB in the pac 10, not athletic enough to be a good scrambling QB in the SEC. And now he's gonna play RB in the NFL :lol
Tbh he wasn't even that good in the Pac. His big plays were when it was an option and the defense collapsed on LaMichael James after he faked the hand off. Idk how the fuck San Fran's GM could be retarded enough to sign him at RB in the NFL.

pawe
07-28-2011, 12:00 PM
Cardinals might get QB Kolb from Eagles for DB DRC and 2nd rd pick. Fair trade.

pawe
07-28-2011, 12:13 PM
- Matt Leinart to play for his old coach again in Seattle? If there's anyone who can motivate this lazy bastard its coach rainbow.

- Asomugha to 49ers???

benefactor
07-28-2011, 01:27 PM
Chron is reporting that the Texans just re-signed Leinart. Awesome.

pawe
07-28-2011, 02:35 PM
Chron is reporting that the Texans just re-signed Leinart. Awesome.

Good. I dont want Leinart to light up the Cardinals twice a year if he turned out to be a competent QB.

LakerHater
07-28-2011, 04:49 PM
Dolphins trade for Bush
By STEVEN WINE, AP Sports Writer 2 hours, 18 minutes ago

MIAMI (AP)—Nine years later, the Miami Dolphins have again traded for aNew Orleans Saints running back who won the Heisman Trophy.
This time it’s Reggie Bush.
The Dolphins finalized a trade for Bush on Thursday by negotiating a new two-year contract for nearly $10 million with him, a person familiar with the talks said. The person confirmed the agreement to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the teams had yet to announce the deal.

It wasn’t known what the Saints would receive in the trade, first reported by Foxsports.com.
Miami acquired former Heisman winner Ricky Williams from the Saints in 2002, with mixed results. He won an NFL rushing title with the Dolphins, but they haven’t won a playoff game since that trade.
Bush was due about $11.8 million this season, the final year of his Saints contract. It would have been difficult for them to justify paying that given their salary cap constraints.
“Change is never easy but I look forward to building something special in Miami and can’t wait to embark on this new journey!” Bush said while sending a series of tweets. “To the city of New Orleans you will always have a place in my heart. … I love you guys you are my family & I will never forget our good times. … I wish the New Orleans Saints the best of luck I will always be a fan! The team, coaches, and fans will be deeply missed!”
Trade talks with Miami began late Wednesday. Bush’s agent, Joel Segal, worked with Dolphins general manager Jeff Ireland until after 2 a.m. Thursday on the terms of a new contract.
Later in the morning Bush agreed to the deal and was en route to Miami. The Dolphins begin practicing Friday, but because Bush signed a new contract, the NFL’s post-lockout calendar requires he wait until Aug. 4 to join practice.
Miami sought a running back to pair with second-round draft choice Daniel Thomas. Last year’s leading rushers, Williams and Ronnie Brown, are free agents.
The Dolphins remain in the market to acquire a quarterback to compete withChad Henne for the starting job, and they’ve reportedly talked with the Denver Broncos about acquiring Kyle Orton.
While the injury-plagued Bush has been paid handsomely since signing his six-year rookie contract worth up to $62 million, his pro career has never reached the heights he and many fans expected when he was selected second overall in the 2006 draft.
Bush has had his share of highlight-reel touchdowns on punt returns, receptions and runs, but has never been to a Pro Bowl or even rushed for as much as 600 yards in a season.
Last season he missed eight games, and during the other eight games was used as a role player, with only 36 carries for 150 yards and just 34 receptions for 208 yards. Knee and leg injuries forced Bush to miss playing time each of the past four seasons—a total of 20 games.
But the speedy Bush gives the Dolphins big-play potential they’ve lacked. Last season Miami ranked third-worst in the NFL last year in scoring, rushing touchdowns, yards per carry and rushes of 10 yards or more.
The Heisman Trust no longer recognizes Bush as the winner of its award. Bush relinquished his title to it in 2010 after an NCAA investigation concluded the former Southern California star and his family accepted improper benefits from would-be sports agents while Bush was still playing for USC.
The same probe led the Bowl Championship Series to vacate the Trojans’ 2004 BCS national title.
Soon after the Saints made a trade for a second first-round pick in April’s NFL draft to take Alabama Heisman winner Mark Ingram, Bush wrote: “It’s been fun New Orleans,” on his Twitter site. Bush later said he regretted that comment and hoped to find a way to stay with New Orleans.
Saints coach Sean Payton had consistently said there remained a place in his wide-open offense for Bush. But after a salary cap of around $120 million was included in Monday’s labor agreement that ended the lockout, it became apparent New Orleans would have trouble paying Bush what he wanted while addressing other needs.
Before the lockout, the Saints re-signed running back Pierre Thomas to a four-year, $12 million extension. New Orleans also is high on Chris Ivory, who made the squad as an undrafted rookie last season. He filled in while both Bush and Thomas were hurt, and wound up leading the club in yards rushing with 716 yards and TDs rushing with five. It all made for a crowded backfield.
In his five-year pro career, Bush has rushed 524 times for 2,090 yards—an average of 4.0 yards per carry—and 17 touchdowns. He also has 294 receptions for 2,142 yards and 12 TDs. He also has four career TDs on punt returns.

ace3g
07-28-2011, 04:49 PM
Ochocinco going to the Patriots

LakerHater
07-28-2011, 04:51 PM
Cardinals might get QB Kolb from Eagles for DB DRC and 2nd rd pick. Fair trade.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AhApJP.z4tMpW6NUwpv6.mJDubYF?slug=ap-eagles-cardinalstrade

They also signed Jason Babin!

LakerHater
07-28-2011, 04:58 PM
RT @ESPNBoston Patriots have acquired Chad Ochocinco after he accepted a restructured 3-year contract, a source said.
web • 7/28/11 5:48 PM

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/6813469/cincinnati-bengals-deal-chad-ochocinco-new-england-patriots-source-says

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-28-2011, 06:43 PM
Good. I dont want Leinart to light up the Cardinals twice a year if he turned out to be a competent QB.
Yeah, and I wouldn't want my shit to come back and taunt me for flushing it if it ended up being worth money :rolleyes:

I woulda loved to be able to play Leinart twice a year

benefactor
07-28-2011, 07:00 PM
I woulda loved to be able to play Leinart twice a year
You and every high school level secondary in the country.

benefactor
07-28-2011, 07:04 PM
Where is ducks to give us all kinds of reasons why Leinart should be starting in the NFL?

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-28-2011, 07:06 PM
He's working 80 hours a week somewhere in Yuma, Arizona (:lmao Yuma), not expected to cut his hours till if/when the Chargers go on a 6-game winning streak to capture their division.

benefactor
07-28-2011, 08:59 PM
Texans get Joseph.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/7674460.html

ace3g
07-28-2011, 11:14 PM
ClaytonESPN John Clayton
It's official. Darren Sproles replaces Reggie Bush in the Saints backfield. Sproles gets four-year, $14 M deal, $6 mil in guarantees.

DesignatedT
07-28-2011, 11:40 PM
I'm hoping Asomugha goes to NY. Revis/Asomugha on the ends would be insanely sick.

mojorizen7
07-29-2011, 04:35 AM
ClaytonESPN John Clayton
It's official. Darren Sproles replaces Reggie Bush in the Saints backfield. Sproles gets four-year, $14 M deal, $6 mil in guarantees.

Rams fell asleep here. Sproles should have been #1 target.

benefactor
07-29-2011, 05:38 AM
Danieal Manning headed to Houston too. Nice.

pawe
07-29-2011, 11:49 AM
Rams fell asleep here. Sproles should have been #1 target.

Get your WRs first. Bradford needs more targets and a star WR. Your team should've gotten Breaston or Rice.

LakerHater
07-29-2011, 04:26 PM
Former Cowboys WR Williams appears headed to the Bears

One day after being cut by the Dallas Cowboys, wide receiver Roy Williams has agreed to terms with the Chicago Bears, NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora reported Friday, citing a source with knowledge of the situation.
Williams, who had a disappointing stint with the Cowboys after Dallas traded four draft picks to the Detroit Lions to get him, caught 37 passes for 530 yards and five touchdowns with the Cowboys last season. In his two-and-a-half seasons with Dallas, he had 94 catches for 1,324 yards and 13 touchdowns in 40 games.
In Chicago, Williams will be reunited with offensive coordinator Mike Martz, who was the Lions coordinator when Williams enjoyed his best years in Detroit. A first-round pick of the Lions in 2004, Williams joins a Bears receiving corps that featured only two receivers with more than 40 catches last season, Johnny Knox (51) and Earl Bennett (46).

LakerHater
07-29-2011, 09:41 PM
http://a3.twimg.com/profile_images/407984660/schefter4_normal.JPG
@Adam Schefter

Rams reached agreement with former Jaguars wide receiver Mike Sims-Walker on a one-year deal.

mojorizen7
07-30-2011, 06:41 AM
Get your WRs first. Bradford needs more targets and a star WR. Your team should've gotten Breaston or Rice.

Thats the general opinion yeah i get that...i disagree.

JMac's new offense will give Bradford multiple reads and targets all over the field(unlike last season's utlra-conservative safe offense that didnt throw to SJ39 or allow Bradford to take deep drops and read the defense beyond 15 yards)....

Rams drafted two big,sure-handed(but slowish) recievers in Austin Pettis and Greg Salas to address the red zone problems,and an athletic TE who can run routes(Lance Kendricks) to make the opposing LB's have to key on someone besides SJ39. WR Donnie Avery has the talent to get deep and blow by people...but can he learn route running and stay healthy? Danerio Alexander also provides a deep threat,he can also play physically...but again will his knee hold up?

My point is that Darren Sproles is an offensive weapon that can be utilized on 3rd down and whatever.... and provides that "speed" dimension that our offensive backfield sorely lacks. He also will give you special teams help....even more BANG for your buck!

He didn't come too expensive for New Orleans....outstanding signing for them after losing Bush.

After today ST LOU has quietly had a nice offseason thus far IMO.

DRAFT
DE Robert Quinn(N.C.)------> stolen on draft day at #14.

TE Lance Kendricks(Wisconsin)-----> a reach but talented

WR's Greg Salas(Hawaii) and Austin Pettis(Boise St.)-----> unspectacular but ready to play NOW.

FREE AGENCY

SS Quintin Mikell(Pro bowler who will elevate our already good secondary)

OG Harvey Dahl(who will bring some veteran nasty to the interior OLine)

WR Mike-Sims-Walker(a big play guy when he's been healthy...getting a 2nd chance on a 1 year deal)

OLB Zach Diles(provides depth at a position of need)

I'll take that. Sproles or even UDFA RB Derrick Locke would've been ideal though....we've still got a HUGE hole at RB if SJ39 goes down. He seems to be getting tougher each year though recently :lol......dude just wont take a play off.

ace3g
07-30-2011, 10:16 AM
ClaytonESPN John Clayton
The Jets got a CB, Donald Strickland. He agreed to a one-year deal. Good role player. Now, they have to work hard on signing Cromartie

benefactor
07-30-2011, 03:31 PM
Cullen Jenkins just signed with the Eagles. Damn man...rich get richer.

ginobili's bald spot
07-30-2011, 03:34 PM
:lol.... is this real life?

TIMMYtoZO
07-30-2011, 05:14 PM
:lmao@ the overrated Eagles signing that old scrub Jenkins. Eagles trying to buy a superbowl= comedy. With Osi coming back to the Giants, all New York needs to do is retain their free agents and they are set. Again, Philly is the 2nd best team in the nfc east. It is sad how many people are overlooking New York.:rolleyes

ace3g
07-30-2011, 08:20 PM
ClaytonESPN John Clayton
So much for the Bears being quiet. They pick up RB Marion Barber AND DT Amoki Okoye in the past two hours. Throw in WR Roy Williams. Nice

Blake
07-30-2011, 08:24 PM

They already have amendola, tbh

Hooks
07-30-2011, 09:29 PM
The eagles are going to be disgusting. If vick can stay healthy next season I can see them going undefeated. Even if vick does get injured young can still win some games with all that talent, if the eagles sign a legit lb that d will probably be in the top 3.

LakerHater
07-30-2011, 10:55 PM
https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/407984660/schefter4_normal.JPG
@Adam Schefter

Redskins reached agreement with former Cowboys DE Stephen Bowen on a 5-year, $27.5 million deal that includes $12.5 million in guarantees.

benefactor
07-31-2011, 09:08 AM
:lmao@ the overrated Eagles signing that old scrub Jenkins. Eagles trying to buy a superbowl= comedy. With Osi coming back to the Giants, all New York needs to do is retain their free agents and they are set. Again, Philly is the 2nd best team in the nfc east. It is sad how many people are overlooking New York.:rolleyes
Looks like the Giants fan base has their own 90210.

ace3g
07-31-2011, 09:11 AM
espn ESPN
Meet the newest member of the New York Jets ... Plaxico Burress -> es.pn/pYEHeQ http://t.co/uKpMwNw

symple19
07-31-2011, 11:16 AM

that guy has to be a troll, if not, he's several degrees worse than 90210 in the delusional category

symple19
07-31-2011, 11:17 AM
If Plax has anything left in the tank, it's probably a good move for the Jets.

I really thought he would end up in Pittsburgh

Spursfan092120
07-31-2011, 11:42 AM

Major difference..I'm talking about how the Cowboys suck right now and he's saying the Giants are going to win the Superbowl. Head out of ass, Texans fan...head out of ass.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-31-2011, 12:59 PM
Todd Heap signs 2 year deal with the Cardinals. I can't even imagine the right wing Mormon circle jerking that's going on in Southeast Phoenix after hearing this news.

vander
07-31-2011, 01:08 PM
Why have the Jets been going after CBs? is Kyle Wilson a bust already?

benefactor
07-31-2011, 04:43 PM
Major difference..I'm talking about how the Cowboys suck right now and he's saying the Giants are going to win the Superbowl. Head out of ass, Texans fan...head out of ass.
ok Brannon

pawe
07-31-2011, 07:22 PM
Todd Heap signs 2 year deal with the Cardinals. I can't even imagine the right wing Mormon circle jerking that's going on in Southeast Phoenix after hearing this news.

Good blocking TE.

Spursfan092120
07-31-2011, 09:04 PM
ok Brannon

thank you.

DeadlyDynasty
07-31-2011, 09:54 PM
Bills sign Nick Barnett... If Merrimen can be half as good as he used to be then I like the LB corps...especially if rookie Kelvin Sheppard pans out. We still need secondary help though.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-31-2011, 10:20 PM
Good blocking TE.
If I remember correctly, you were someone campaigning to give M:lolx Hall a chance midway through the season, so it doesn't surprise me you're bias towards a Mormon ASU alumni, even though he hasn't done shit in years.

pawe
08-01-2011, 12:37 AM
If I remember correctly, you were someone campaigning to give M:lolx Hall a chance midway through the season, so it doesn't surprise me you're bias towards a Mormon ASU alumni, even though he hasn't done shit in years.

After What Hall showed when they played the Saints, dont tell me you didnt see a glimmer of hope of him being the qbof..and anyone is better than DA anyway.

And heap, even if he's old is probably the best TE the Cards had in years.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-01-2011, 12:44 AM
:lmao classic dumbfuck ASU nuthugger pointing out his fluke win against the Saints. They won that game in spite of how shitty the offense was, Max Hall played like shit in that game. He had no touchdowns, one interception, and threw for like 170 yards. The Cardinals winning the game because of a great special teams performance and great defensive performance shouldn't have given any glimmer of hope that Max Hall is good.

And no, he's not not better than DA. DA has had a probowl season before and has plenty of natural talent. Max Hall shouldn't even be sniffing an NFL roster spot, he's only on an NFL team because there's a team in Arizona influenced by an extremely large and stupid amount of inbred Mormons living in Maricopa County.

Anyone who ever saw any potential in Max Hall and/or thought he belonged on an NFL roster is one of the following:
A) A retarded Mormon
B) A retarded ASU fan
C) A retarded person
D) All of the above

Axe Murderer
08-01-2011, 12:46 AM
:rollin

symple19
08-01-2011, 12:51 AM
rofl

Kai
08-01-2011, 12:55 AM
Cromartie just re-upped with the Jets.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-01-2011, 12:56 AM
Player A's stats from last year:
169 of 327 (51.7% completion) for 2065 yards (6.31 yards per attempt), 7 TDs, 10 INTS
25 sacks in 352 snaps (7.1% sack rate), 6 fumbles in 352 snaps (1.7% fumble rate)

Player B's stats from last year:
39 of 78 (50.0% completion) for 370 yards (4.74 yards per attempt), 1 TD, 6 INTS
14 sacks in 92 snaps (15.2% sack rate) 5 fumbles in 92 snaps (5.4% fumble rate)

Anyone who says player B is better than player A should consider getting a lobotomy. The only reason why anyone thinks player B is a better option than player A is because player B's uncle and gwand daddeh (:cry) are ASU legends (:cry), and because player B is a classy Mormon who attended a classy university like BYU that only produces classy athletes (:cry).

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-01-2011, 08:45 AM
They haven't quite done what the Eagles have done, but if the Cardinals get Braylon Edwards like they supposedly are going to, they've done well for themselves in free agency this year:

Stewart Bradley
Daryn Colledge
Todd Heap
Jeff King
Lutui resigned
Richard Marshall
and hopefully Edwards

That's way more than the Bidwills have ever done in free agency.

pawe
08-01-2011, 10:26 AM
They haven't quite done what the Eagles have done, but if the Cardinals get Braylon Edwards like they supposedly are going to, they've done well for themselves in free agency this year:

Stewart Bradley
Daryn Colledge
Todd Heap
Jeff King
Lutui resigned
Richard Marshall
and hopefully Edwards

That's way more than the Bidwills have ever done in free agency.

Lutui only resigned because he failed his physicals. I dont want that fat lazy bastard on the Cards.

And whats up with the Cards and Braylon, if they get him, the Cards are really going to make noise.

pawe
08-01-2011, 10:28 AM
:lmao classic dumbfuck ASU nuthugger pointing out his fluke win against the Saints. They won that game in spite of how shitty the offense was, Max Hall played like shit in that game. He had no touchdowns, one interception, and threw for like 170 yards. The Cardinals winning the game because of a great special teams performance and great defensive performance shouldn't have given any glimmer of hope that Max Hall is good.

And no, he's not not better than DA. DA has had a probowl season before and has plenty of natural talent. Max Hall shouldn't even be sniffing an NFL roster spot, he's only on an NFL team because there's a team in Arizona influenced by an extremely large and stupid amount of inbred Mormons living in Maricopa County.

Anyone who ever saw any potential in Max Hall and/or thought he belonged on an NFL roster is one of the following:
A) A retarded Mormon
B) A retarded ASU fan
C) A retarded person
D) All of the above

Whiz: Max had moxie, he's got a swagger going on.

08-01-2011, 11:24 AM
He had good awareness on this play. Hall knew he had no shot at getting into the endzone so he alertly fumbled it into his own teammates hands for the touchdown. Take a look:

g2M0wpXuuQs

Veterinarian.
08-01-2011, 02:29 PM
He had good awareness on this play. Hall knew he had no shot at getting into the endzone so he alertly fumbled it into his own teammates hands for the touchdown. Take a look:

g2M0wpXuuQs

ha ha!

i bet pawe is gonna regret making a trip to the bench area to collaborate with the elderly aged advisor after that ill advised move!

pawe
08-01-2011, 02:39 PM
Hometown hero doing his best to take his team back to contention. << this is what the cardinals tried to sell so the fans would still buy tickets, unfortunately I was one of those fans who still went to every home game.

stretch
08-01-2011, 04:24 PM
Lofa Tatupu visiting the Raiders today. Would be a nice signing if he is healthy, and will play WLB. Raiders would have a very good front 7.

Pelicans78
08-01-2011, 05:31 PM
I wasn't impressed with Max Hall at all during that game against the Saints. I even forgot who started for the Cards during that game. I remember Brees throwing a bunch of picks in the 4th like he did in the loss against Cleveland as well.

I'm not convinced Kolb is the answer but an upgrade was needed. Kolb has shown some flashes in Philly.

Isitjustme?
08-01-2011, 07:16 PM

g2M0wpXuuQs

Holy shit is the sound on that video loud. Am wearing headphones that shit nearly popped my ear drums.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-01-2011, 08:24 PM
Hometown hero doing his best to take his team back to contention. << this is what the cardinals tried to sell so the fans would still buy tickets
And it worked like a charm. The Cardinals weren't even gambling by trying to pass Maxi Hall off as the hometown hero, the dumbfuck mormon ASU fans were sure he was a future probowler after a few good possessions against 4th string defenses in the preseason.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-01-2011, 08:28 PM
Lutui only resigned because he failed his physicals. I dont want that fat lazy bastard on the Cards.

And whats up with the Cards and Braylon, if they get him, the Cards are really going to make noise.
Yeah I agree about Lutui, I'm tired of him showing up to training camp 50 pounds overweight. I have no idea why Whisenhunt thinks he and Seindlein are future pro bowlers, neither one is good. If Seindlein was next to a beast at RG he'd be alright, and if Lutui was next to a beast at C he'd be alright, but neither one is the offensive line anchor Whiz seems to think they are.

IronMexican
08-01-2011, 08:30 PM
Lofa Tatupu visiting the Raiders today. Would be a nice signing if he is healthy, and will play WLB. Raiders would have a very good front 7.

Moves Groves over to DE or keep him as a 3rd down linebacker for pass rushing if Tatupu joins?

mojorizen7
08-02-2011, 04:15 AM
Cardinals QB Max Hall enters a pro football game.
Skip to 4:30 for his 1st series.
Skip to 6:15 for his 2nd series.
Done for the day.

http://www.ramsvids.com/?p=671

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-02-2011, 09:02 AM
I've never seen worse play from the QB position in the NFL than I saw from Max Hall. He was even worse than I thought he'd be.

stretch
08-02-2011, 11:17 AM
Moves Groves over to DE or keep him as a 3rd down linebacker for pass rushing if Tatupu joins?

I think DE is set. Houston and Shaughnessy are both very good. Houston has perennial Pro-Bowl potential imo, and Shaughnessy has potential to be discussed, maybe make one or two as well.

Groves should strictly be used as a pass rusher. Even if WLB isnt natural for Tatupu, dude is a smart player, and will make the run defense infinitely better. As long as he stays healthy, he will be fine.

I'm glad they retained Huff, and for what I heard, is fairly cheap. I hope they find more playing time for Mitchell, I think hes going to be a solid player. Just kinda sucks because they already have 2 solid starters at safety, in Branch and Huff. Perhaps in nickel situations, they could move Huff to CB, Branch to FS, and Mitchell to SS. IMO, they need to develop Mitchell, and trade Branch in the near future to a team that desparately needs safeties, like Dallas, and hopefully get something solid in return.

stretch
08-02-2011, 03:50 PM
Ronnie Brown to the Eagles now?

And there are rumors that they will pursue Tatupu as well...

hoooooooooooly shit if they get Tatupu... he will shore up the one and only glaring weakness on their defense.

stretch
08-02-2011, 04:14 PM
and sounds like Zach Miller to the Seahawks...

symple19
08-02-2011, 07:20 PM
Well, at least the Eagles can't get all the best players in the league.

Some of these rumors are batty

IronMexican
08-02-2011, 07:41 PM

Just fucking kill me. This has easily been the worst off-season for the Raiders in the last 10 seasons. What a piece of shit you are, Al.

stretch
08-02-2011, 11:22 PM
Tommie Harris to the Colts. Great pickup for them if hes healthy.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-02-2011, 11:29 PM
Aubrayo Franklin to the Saints, solid pickup tbh. Idk how he's gonna fit into a 4-3 but he was underrated in San Fran.

Axe Murderer
08-02-2011, 11:30 PM
stretch to the cowboys

fml

stretch
08-02-2011, 11:35 PM
stretch to the cowboys

fml

beats the fuck out of phillip going to the raiders

fml X 1000

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-02-2011, 11:37 PM
god dammit I was just gonna make a Phillip to the Patriots joke :madrun:madrun:madrun

I heard the Raiders have also signed Edward and Bradley

dirk4mvp
08-03-2011, 12:16 AM
This is awesome that Indy signed Tommie Harris, considering they never do anything like det.

Kirk Nowitzki
08-03-2011, 01:07 AM
This is awesome that Indy signed Tommie Harris, considering they never do anything like det.

Solid pickup, Ghostrider. Get a free agent safety for extra depth and this team is Super Bowl material once again.

pawe
08-03-2011, 12:31 PM

NFC West will not be a laughing stock this year.
Raiders are tanking for Andrew Luck?

stretch
08-03-2011, 12:42 PM

no, they were just so over the cap that they needed to let some people go. fine by me. they have gotten rid of most of their bad contracts, but still have a lot of promising players. and I like their new HC a lot. I think Hue Jackson has great coaching potential, and the Raiders still can compete for the division. Miller was good but not utilized much, and the Raiders might be able to get Kevin Boss instead, who would probably be cheaper and almost as good.

They might have one of the best front 7s in the league this year. And I think Jason Campbell will suprise, as he will finally have had a full season to learn an offensive system, and actually stay in it.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-03-2011, 06:19 PM

The Seahawks signing a competent TE doesn't change the fact Tarvaris Jackson and clipboard Jesus are currently their top 2 options at QB :lol

I don't really care tho, the fact the Cardinals were 2 games away from winning the division last year means they're prolly the favorite this year given how much they've done in free agency and firing Billy Davis. I really wanna see less shotgun formations with 4 receivers and more ace formations now that they signed two good blocking TEs with one being a decent receiving threat. It's clear Whiz knows this is his make or break season to live up to all the, "I'm gonna turn the Cardinals into a run first, hard nosed defensive team!" hoopla he's been spewing since he was hired.

symple19
08-03-2011, 07:19 PM

yes it will

mojorizen7
08-04-2011, 06:16 AM

Dont know about da Raiders....they seem to be stuck in mediocrity with no direction.
Harbaugh's 49ers would be a likely candidate to take a step back and find the NFC West cellar in order to draft Luck.
Shouldn't be too hard....the NFC West non-divisional schedule is brutal this year.

mojorizen7
08-04-2011, 06:28 AM
yes it will

You mean like last season? When the Seahawks put away Brees and company in New Awlins to advance to the 2nd rd?

Yeah....ok i agree it was a fluke. :lol

Trust me Symple19...i wouldnt hype ST LOU if i didnt believe bro...the defense will be nasty good this year. The X-Factor will be how quickly Bradford takes to a new offense. If he "gets it"...look out. If he's slow to digest it then the Rams will probably just win the division :toast

Otherwise we'll be there with the NFC elite in 2013. :hat

I like the fucking Patriots to bounce back this year in the AFC.......and the Packers to be there to greet 'em.

Thank goodness we've got football in 2011 though...who gives a fuck about the NBA anymore and their lockout? .....not I.

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-04-2011, 08:19 AM
The Seahawks and the 49ers will both be fighting for 4th in the division. Neither one is any better off at QB than Arizona was last year.

pawe
08-04-2011, 12:59 PM
49ers - Same QB, new coach and cramming to learn their new offense. Gore gets injured a lot and they dont have experienced backs aside from Westbrook (i dont know if they resigned him). All they have is Willis on defense and VD and Gore but is in the lead to sign Braylon Edwards.

Hawks - Tarvaris Jackson and jesus christ Whitehurst with an injured Rice. They might run a lot of two tightends set for their offense since they got Miller from the Raiders.

Rams - Clear favorites because of Bradford, barring a sophomore slump. WR is still a problem area but they added stop gap Sims Walker. They clearly are shoring up the Oline to protect Bardford...There's still SJ though just in case.

Cardinals - I just hope Kolb learned a lot while he was with the Eagles. Good defense, could've had the best CB tandem in PP7 and DRC. Have to address the WR and the Oline situation.

Nick Manning
08-04-2011, 01:47 PM
Cardinals will win the NFC West...I have no doubt of this.

dirk4mvp
08-04-2011, 02:22 PM
Patrick Peterson might be the future GOAT but lol DRC

stretch
08-04-2011, 02:24 PM
watch out for the Rams... bradford is the real deal

DUNCANownsKOBE
08-04-2011, 05:18 PM
Patrick Peterson might be the future GOAT but lol DRC
I almost prefer Richard Marshall over DRC. You won't get those crazy interceptions DRC makes in when it looks like he's beat, but you also won't get the big plays DRC gives up when he gets beat trying to go for an interception.

You also won't get HS level tackling or just the general stupidity that comes with the Cromartie family.

symple19
08-04-2011, 07:25 PM
You mean like last season? When the Seahawks put away Brees and company in New Awlins to advance to the 2nd rd?

Yeah....ok i agree it was a fluke. :lol

Trust me Symple19...i wouldnt hype ST LOU if i didnt believe bro...the defense will be nasty good this year. The X-Factor will be how quickly Bradford takes to a new offense. If he "gets it"...look out. If he's slow to digest it then the Rams will probably just win the division :toast

Otherwise we'll be there with the NFC elite in 2013. :hat

I like the fucking Patriots to bounce back this year in the AFC.......and the Packers to be there to greet 'em.

Thank goodness we've got football in 2011 though...who gives a fuck about the NBA anymore and their lockout? .....not I.

Dude, in another thread I already called the division for the Rams. I like what they're doing.

Will that mean the division isn't a laughing stock? No

When Sam Bradford is the best QB out of the 4 (he'll get better, he's young), that spells trouble. Until the NFCW gets some better QB's, it will continue to be a poor division

:lol Kolb

:lmao Smith

:lmao Jackson

Muh'fuckin' piss poor QB's except Bradford, who still has a lot to prove

symple19
08-04-2011, 07:27 PM
Niners did get Braylon for 3.5m. Definitely a need position :rolleyes

symple19
08-04-2011, 07:31 PM
And while I've been trashing the Niners every chance I get (deservedly so), they do have the makings of a very capable offensive line led by Joe Staley. A team with a good core like that can quickly make a turnaround if they find the right guy to put under center. The Front office just doesn't give me any hope they'll be able to do that

mojorizen7
08-05-2011, 01:21 AM
And while I've been trashing the Niners every chance I get (deservedly so), they do have the makings of a very capable offensive line led by Joe Staley. A team with a good core like that can quickly make a turnaround if they find the right guy to put under center. The Front office just doesn't give me any hope they'll be able to do that
Did they retain David Baas?

stretch
08-05-2011, 09:48 AM
reports have it that Randy Moss has been seen in Philadelphia lately...

pawe
08-05-2011, 10:54 AM
Did they retain David Baas?

No. Baas signed with the giants and will play C.

pawe
08-05-2011, 11:10 AM
:lol Kolb

reports from Cards training camp in Flagstaff are all positive with regards to Kolb. 1st team offense with Kolb as QB scored 3 straight red zone TDs against 1st team defense. <<and that's just his 1st day in camp

Kolb throwing almost exclusively to Fitz with Peterson21 staying with him as the #1 CB.

Fabbs
08-05-2011, 11:12 AM
Will Malcomn Floyd go to the Eagles?

Or have to return to Norvron Turner?

pawe
08-05-2011, 11:52 AM
Niners did get Braylon for 3.5m. Definitely a need position :rolleyes

Remember last year when crabtree and VD went at it over "hoes and money". Add Edwards to that locker room and its reality TV. :lol

mardigan
08-05-2011, 12:05 PM
Raiders picked up Kevin Boss for 4 yrs/16 million. Should help ease the sting of the Miller departure.

Steelers re-sign Woodley 6 yrs/61.5 million. Good deal for a great player who actually played out his rookie contract without bitching.

stretch
08-05-2011, 12:15 PM
Raiders picked up Kevin Boss for 4 yrs/16 million. Should help ease the sting of the Miller departure.

Good. A solid receiving threat still, and arguably a better blocker than Miller (all for half the money :D), which should be good for McFadden.

I see D-Mac having a monster year.

LMAO @ ironpuertorican calling DMC a bust

Kirk Nowitzki
08-05-2011, 01:10 PM
reports have it that Randy Moss has been seen in Philadelphia lately...

I heard rumors about Moss to Indy but good luck adding a receiver who doesn't run routes to Peyton's offense.

stretch
08-05-2011, 02:09 PM
I heard rumors about Moss to Indy but good luck adding a receiver who doesn't run routes to Peyton's offense.

all he needs to do is run downfield and draw doubles all day long. let Wayne and Garcon take care of the short stuff. that would be pretty sick

stretch
08-11-2011, 04:34 PM
Raiders possibly going to sign Lofa Tatupu and Kelvin Hayden... good signings if they aren't too expensive.