PDA

View Full Version : Travel Advice- New York, Boston,Portland Me, Saint John NB,Halifax NS

angel_luv
07-26-2011, 10:46 PM
Bo earned a free cruise for meeting his sales goals at work. We are taking the Canada/ Maine Cruise on Carnival cruise lines on September 24- October 1, 2011 and spending the day in Manhattan on October 2nd.

Our ports are Boston, Portland ME, Saint John NB, Halifax NS.

If any of you are from or have travelled to these places, what do you recommend seeing?
Also, I would appreciate transportation recommedations for our various ports if you have any, since we will not be renting a car.

Also, this is our first cruise, so any advice from cruise veterans would be most welcome.

For New York we are going to Madame Tussaud's which is on 234 West 42 Street

If you have any restaurant recommendations for places in that area, that would be great!

I have exhausted plantware.com getting travel info. Any other travel websites that you guys find helpful?

Thanks all!

Frenzy
07-26-2011, 10:48 PM
Your so selfish for not donating that to some one in need. Like me.

koriwhat
07-26-2011, 10:50 PM
awesome! tell bo whatup for me... has bo moved up again in his job?

angel_luv
07-26-2011, 10:54 PM
Bo loves his current job and his bosses there. Bo's work is set up so that Bo has lots of opportunities to make more money on a monthly basis because his salary is all dependent on Bo"s monthly sales- something Bo excels at.
It is in an all win situation; a real blessing!

symple19
07-26-2011, 11:09 PM
I'm sure god is super excited that bo met his sales goals. Congrats!

SnakeBoy
07-27-2011, 12:57 AM
Also, this is our first cruise, so any advice from cruise veterans would be most welcome.

Eat, drink, have fun, avoid getting raped.

rascal
07-27-2011, 06:04 AM
Take the ferry ride to the Statue of Liberty.

Mog
07-27-2011, 07:34 AM
Above all, enjoy your time together and eat!

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-27-2011, 08:52 AM
God is the reason Bo met his sales goals. Without god, Bo would have never seen the light leading him on the path of dropping out of school to work at Jiffy Lube.

Spurstro
07-27-2011, 08:54 AM
Take the ferry ride to the Statue of Liberty.

The Staten Island Ferry....it's free!!! Just be sure to stay on and turn right around.

CubanMustGo
07-27-2011, 09:00 AM
We enjoyed the Halifax Citadel ... tho it's a bit of a climb from the harbour :)

http://www.pc.gc.ca/lhn-nhs/ns/halifax/index.aspx

Lots of good seafood up that way, too.

DeadlyDynasty
07-27-2011, 04:32 PM
Halifax and the harbor are beautiful, you'll love it there. If you're into history at all, you'll enjoy the story of the 1917 Halifax explosion, one of the biggest ever.

Boston, Portland, and NYC all have more to do than you have time for. Enjoy, but realize that the areas you're going to aren't as superstitious as you two. Churches and cathedrals are tourist spots around there, and you'll find the people to be grounded in reality.

Should be fun, you're going at the perfect time.

rascal
07-28-2011, 04:41 AM
The Staten Island Ferry....it's free!!! Just be sure to stay on and turn right around.

Does that one stop at the Island? How can it be free?

Take the ferry that you get off on. It is not expensive. There is a gift shop there then you can walk up the Statue of Liberty. It's much better getting off and walking around the Island then just sailing by.

The ferry will first stop at Ellis Island, that has a museum dedicated to the immigrants that first came to NY. It could be interesting but only if you have enough time. If you are short on time don't get off there just stay on the ferry, it then goes to Liberty Island.

You will have to call to make reservations if you want to go to the crown of the Statue of Liberty. The number is 1-877-LADY-TIX

tlongII
07-28-2011, 09:14 AM
Go to Faneuil Hall in Boston. It's a cool place. You can spend a few hours walking around there and shop, eat, and look at the buildings. You won't have time for a Red Sox game otherwise I would recommend buying some scalped tickets and going to Fenway Park.

desflood
07-28-2011, 09:33 AM

God is the reason Bo met his sales goals. Without god, Bo would have never seen the light leading him on the path of dropping out of school to work at Jiffy Lube.
All right, smart asses.

Sorry Angel, never been so no advice (except don't fall overboard), but have fun!

symple19
07-28-2011, 10:56 PM
Since Bo has a special relationship with god and talks to him and stuff, why start a thread like this in the first place?

I bet god has the hookup on a dope itinerary and super cheap rooms, yo.

symple19
07-28-2011, 11:00 PM
Hey Angel, has Bo ever seen the virgin mary in an oil spill at the jiffy lube? You guys could set up a shrine and raise additional funds for your trip.

just throwin' ideas out there

angel_luv
07-29-2011, 02:42 PM
Thanks very much for the helpful ideas... and thanks to the rest of you for trying. :)

DemonLuv
07-29-2011, 03:07 PM
We aren't getting off that damn canoe because I am going to be banging Bo's brains out every second on that ship. I am going to make him do me in the Statue of Liberty, then covered in Boston baked beans, then I am going to make him eat Canadian bacon out of my Nova Scotia