PDA

View Full Version : The Onion: Tim Duncan Sends Teammates Google+ Invitations For Fifth Consecutive Day

pensive
07-27-2011, 12:57 AM
http://www.onionsportsnetwork.com/articles/tim-duncan-sends-teammates-google-invitations-for,20947/

SAN ANTONIO—For nearly a week, Spurs center Tim Duncan has reportedly emailed his teammates invitations to join him on Google’s new social networking site, Google+. “Please join soon, as I’ve already begun sharing game plans and upcoming events via Google+’s Circles feature,” Duncan wrote in an email Tuesday, adding that team chemistry “may suffer” if people don’t have access to each other’s +1’s. “I’ve pinned the San Antonio Spurs under my Sparks, and you should too as soon as you’ve set up your profiles. And, also, guys, please switch out your old Comcast and Earthlink email accounts for new GMail ones so we can communicate easier via Google Groups.” As of press time, no Spurs player has entered Duncan’s current Google+ Hangout.

I always love how The Onion uses Timmy for various topics. -sigh- This has been such a long offseason...I fear it is going to be even longer than normal.

spurs1990
07-27-2011, 08:55 PM
Welcome to the board.

Dex
07-27-2011, 09:26 PM
:lol And the Onion's obsession continues...:tu

CubanMustGo
07-27-2011, 09:33 PM
Google+ gave me 101 recommendations for 'people you may know.' Not a one, and I don't think Sergey Brin or William Shatner really want me in their circles.

spurs1990
07-27-2011, 09:37 PM
Google+ gave me 101 recommendations for 'people you may know.' Not a one, and I don't think Sergey Brin or William Shatner really want me in their circles.

Kinda like Zune thinking they could usurp Ipod or Apple thinking they could upend Windows...uh...scratch that second one.

Sisk
07-27-2011, 09:53 PM
Kinda like Zune thinking they could usurp Ipod or Apple thinking they could upend Windows...uh...scratch that second one.

Windows has an 88% market share. :wakeup

Hooks
07-27-2011, 11:09 PM
I still have no idea what these google invitation things are...

Budkin
07-28-2011, 06:02 PM

Google+ is Google's version of Facebook with better management of "friends" by letting you place them into specific groups or "circles" where you can easily control who sees what when you post. If you want an invite PM me and I'll send you one.

Nick Manning
07-28-2011, 10:24 PM

It helps if you have friends.