PDA

View Full Version : SAHA to ban smoking in the projects (no racist)

I. Hustle
07-27-2011, 08:37 AM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/politics/article/SAHA-to-ban-smoking-in-public-housing-1561214.php

If you live in the projects they are going to take away your smoking privileges.

I am for this if they actually follow through with it. Plus I love the pictures they took to put up.

coyotes_geek
07-27-2011, 09:02 AM
Sounds nice in theory, but how does one go about enforcing this? What are they going to do? Start fining poor people? Evict them?

Viva Las Espuelas
07-27-2011, 09:05 AM
Ha. Good luck with that one.

I. Hustle
07-27-2011, 09:24 AM
Sounds nice in theory, but how does one go about enforcing this? What are they going to do? Start fining poor people? Evict them?

To me this would be the best threat. Just hire a few "inspectors" to ride around and randomly walk through certain areas. How annoying is it that these people buy cigs, beer, jewelery, designer clothes, nice cars, etc. all off of tax payer money?
I spent a ton of time in the Menchaca, Lincoln and Alazan/Apache courts so I know how these people are living. I would trip out to see all the luxuries that I couldn't even afford at the time.

coyotes_geek
07-27-2011, 09:30 AM
The likely scenario is that the ban stays on the books so SAHA can say they're concerned about health, but the ban never gets enforced. I certainly don't see SAHA trying to evict anyone over this.

Blake
07-27-2011, 09:37 AM
Evict them?

this according to the article

cantthinkofanything
07-27-2011, 09:39 AM
“I think it’s really, really great. I want to stop,” said Norma Garcia (http://www.mysanantonio.com/?controllerName=search&action=search&channel=news%2Fpolitics&search=1&inlineLink=1&query=%22Norma+Garcia%22), 47, who smokes about a pack a day inside her Wheatley Courts apartment on the East Side. “They’re doing something that’s for our own good.”

cantthinkofanything
07-27-2011, 09:51 AM
TBH, I think this is just another way that THEY are planning on rounding up all the undesirables to store below the Denver International Airport.

I. Hustle
07-27-2011, 10:46 AM
TBH I think this is a way of forcing evolution and creating a sleeker, healthier more deadly welfare bum. It will start off with banning smoking which will clean their lungs. Then it will move on to the alcohol which will sober them up and clean their liver. After that they will start forcing a healthy diet and install gyms for mandatory exercise. Before you know it the bums out in the streets will look like linebackers and won't be just asking for your money anymore... they'll be taking it.

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-27-2011, 10:51 AM
TBH I think this is a way of forcing evolution and creating a sleeker, healthier more deadly welfare bum. It will start off with banning smoking which will clean their lungs. Then it will move on to the alcohol which will sober them up and clean their liver. After that they will start forcing a healthy diet and install gyms for mandatory exercise. Before you know it the bums out in the streets will look like linebackers and won't be just asking for your money anymore... they'll be taking it.

That linebacker comment is actually on the right track. What's been the biggest sports drama this summer? Football and basketball labor issues. Imagine this program being instituted in major markets across the country. Some hotshot rookie thinks he can hold out for an extra few million on his signing bonus? Think again. Your slot's going to someone who will work for food, punk. The ownership cuts costs and the fans get to root for local grown talent. Win-win.

I. Hustle
07-27-2011, 11:36 AM
That linebacker comment is actually on the right track. What's been the biggest sports drama this summer? Football and basketball labor issues. Imagine this program being instituted in major markets across the country. Some hotshot rookie thinks he can hold out for an extra few million on his signing bonus? Think again. Your slot's going to someone who will work for food, punk. The ownership cuts costs and the fans get to root for local grown talent. Win-win.

You know what kind of powerhouse the Cowboys would be since SA is their territory? Jerry Jones would be even richer than he is now. Not to mention the experience they would have running from the police and how beneficial that would be to a running back.

Blake
07-27-2011, 11:45 AM
I appreciate players that play with a burning hunger, tbh

PM5K
07-27-2011, 04:45 PM
Sucks to be poor, drug tests, no sugary products, and no smoking. I don't want to know what's next.

I. Hustle
07-27-2011, 07:28 PM
Sucks to be poor, drug tests, no sugary products, and no smoking. I don't want to know what's next.

Get a job you low life.

thispego
07-27-2011, 07:54 PM
Good