PDA

View Full Version : #$_&*!!@

Pistons < Spurs
06-12-2005, 11:02 PM
aaaarrrggghhhhhhhhhhhh...........

Man oh Man...well, I'll start with "Good Game". SA started out the game amazingly. Pistons continued to miss short range shots. But overall, we got killed by the 3 ball tonight. 11-0 on 3's in the game. Amazing. Detroit actually made more shots (33-29) yet still get smoked by 21!!! So many times, we'd play good D, only to have Manu or Bowen w/ the longball. I thought our rotation was actually pretty good defensively. Against another team, we would have been fine. But SA's ball movement was great. Kept getting it to the open man. The speed of Manu, and Parker is so damn touigh to defend.

We missed entirely too many easy shots. The D was great...but we still had decent shots...just didn't make them. I think our biggest problem is that against other teams, we can drive to the basket w/ Billups or Rip, and get foul calls. We tend to expect/rely on those foul shots. However in this series, we are definetly not gettin' those calls.

Other than the 1st qtr, I thought our D was pretty good. I liked the job of Sheed on TD.

Manu was just all over the place. Great job on his part of playing the passing lanes, and gettin the steals. I will say though that I did see alot of lazy passes by Det.

Det is still lettin the refs get in their heads. I'm not officially bitchin' about the refs, but I do think we had too many ticky/tacky calls on us, and not getting them in return.................Not making a big deal about it...not using it as an excuse.....but it is an observation...one that was also made by Hubie Brown a few times.

We did a good job of catching back up in the second half....but every time we made a run, there was a big 3 back in our face. Frustrating as hell!

As a Piston fan, I'm just mad as hell right now. This was a game that we needed. I'm by no means giving up though. I do believe in the "back against the wall" mentality of our team. Hopefully we'll make more shots in our house. Hopefully we'll rotate a little more quickly.

The Spurs have the eye of the tiger right now......and the Pistons don't.

Once again, good game.

Vashner
06-12-2005, 11:06 PM
Opps.. looks like the pistons threw a rod...

Rummpd
06-12-2005, 11:06 PM
Face it Spurs are a better and much deeper team.

Sense
06-12-2005, 11:08 PM
Face it Spurs are a better and much deeper team.

Yeap.

Leetonidas
06-12-2005, 11:08 PM
Well, I'd be mad too if my team just got ass rammed.

manubili
06-12-2005, 11:09 PM
Thanks.
You show dignity.
Detroit has to do something about the 3 shots. We got bowen, manu and horry, so we can lend you Barry. :spin

conversekid
thanks for the classy attitude in a loss... Spurs fan should show the same class in winning.

mavsfan1000
The Spurs own Detroit

Vashner
The only pistons soon will be the little smokey boats on the riverwalk pushing our new trophy around.

weebo
06-12-2005, 11:11 PM
Give the Spurs credit! Detroit really looks overmatched in SA. Anything the Pistons threw at the Spurs , the Spurs countered two fold.

RobinsontoDuncan
Come on you dumbasses, let's not throw mud in anyone's eyes, remember what the zen master says "HE WHO CROWS THE LOUDEST, MAY EAT THE MOST CROW"

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
Good game. The Pistons need to run the lay-up drill in practice tomorrow...

Pistons < Spurs
06-12-2005, 11:12 PM
I think I'm the only Piston still here.........At least if you keep winning, you won't have to deal w/ obnoxious trolls. :fro

Pistons < Spurs
06-12-2005, 11:13 PM
Good game. The Pistons need to run the lay-up drill in practice tomorrow...

They need to run alot of drills tomorrow.......

NeoConIV
06-12-2005, 11:14 PM
series far from over.

I can understand if Piston fan is frustrated with refs.

Regardless, Pistons have had some deer in the headlights look about them.

I expect Pistons to go on terror in Detroit.
Hope Arroyo is ok. Looked fairly minor.

Nice post P>S...

Leetonidas
06-12-2005, 11:14 PM
I think I'm the only Piston still here.........At least if you keep winning, you won't have to deal w/ obnoxious trolls. :fro

I wanted the Spurs to finish in 6 here at home but now that you bring that up, I WANT A SWEEP! lol, naw you guys ain't that bad.

T Park
06-12-2005, 11:17 PM
We missed entirely too many easy shots. The D was great...but we still had decent shots...just didn't make them. I think our biggest problem is that against other teams, we can drive to the basket w/ Billups or Rip, and get foul calls. We tend to expect/rely on those foul shots. However in this series, we are definetly not gettin' those calls.

excuses excuses.

Why cant you, other piston's fans, and the media, just fucking admit, THE SPURS ARE A BETTER FUCKING TEAM!!!!

Good god.

Solid D
06-12-2005, 11:17 PM
You're good people. Keep up the good analysis.

E20
06-12-2005, 11:19 PM
Props to the Pistons and there fans.

Jimcs50
06-12-2005, 11:20 PM
TPark, he is not making excuses...read it over.

NeoConIV
excuses excuses.

Why cant you, other piston's fans, and the media, just fucking admit, THE SPURS ARE A BETTER FUCKING TEAM!!!!

Good god.
Dude...chill.

1Parker1
Hamilton let the refs and Bruce Bowen get to his head. Billips took Brown's advice too much by deffering to the Pistons big...Billups should have shot the ball more. And finally, the Pistons just didn't have any ball movement whatsoever. Rasheed still wasn't as agressive as I've seen him in big games, Prince litterally disapeared (I think he hit his first shot in the 3rd Q). Mcdyess was the lone bright spot on the team.

With that said, I think the Pistons will play much better on their homecourt. They will have the fans to give them energy, maybe the refs will give them a few calls their way on HC, and I expect Wallace to have at least one huge game in this series. I don't see Spurs losing 3 in a row, however, Pistons have shown resiliancy throughout the post-season.

I'd be pissed also if my team played the way the Pistons played today. It's the Finals though, so anything can happen...

myhc
06-12-2005, 11:23 PM
excuses excuses.

Good god.

Uh, he didn't make excuses dumbass. HE ALREADY ADMITTED THAT WE KICKED THEIR ASSES TONIGHT!!!

Good god indeed.

Pistons < Spurs
06-12-2005, 11:23 PM
Billips took Brown's advice too much by deffering to the Pistons big...Billups should have shot the ball more.

I was saying this to myself all during the first 3 qtrs. He started to go for it a little more in the 4th...but too little too late.

Pistons < Spurs
06-12-2005, 11:24 PM
excuses excuses.

Good god.

It's all good. You're welcome to your thoughts.

Sense
06-12-2005, 11:26 PM
I also think you made excuses on that... and that sooner or later you guys will be talking more about the fouls on ginobili than on your big men.

We still raped you, and that's in our minds...so after that I really don't care.

conversekid
06-12-2005, 11:27 PM
P > S we went through a lot of crap over the years from trolls when the lakers would spank us.. so most should not throw mudd ... many of the ones that were throwing mudd really ate crow last year after going up 2-0, we got swept by the lakers.... be humble.

bigbendbruisebrother
06-12-2005, 11:27 PM
aaaarrrggghhhhhhhhhhhh...........

Man oh Man...well, I'll start with "Good Game". SA started out the game amazingly. Pistons continued to miss short range shots. But overall, we got killed by the 3 ball tonight. 11-0 on 3's in the game. Amazing. Detroit actually made more shots (33-29) yet still get smoked by 21!!! So many times, we'd play good D, only to have Manu or Bowen w/ the longball. I thought our rotation was actually pretty good defensively. Against another team, we would have been fine. But SA's ball movement was great. Kept getting it to the open man. The speed of Manu, and Parker is so damn touigh to defend.

Other than the 1st qtr, I thought our D was pretty good. I liked the job of Sheed on TD.

Manu was just all over the place. Great job on his part of playing the passing lanes, and gettin the steals. I will say though that I did see alot of lazy passes by Det.

Det is still lettin the refs get in their heads. I'm not officially bitchin' about the refs, but I do think we had too many ticky/tacky calls on us, and not getting them in return.................Not making a big deal about it...not using it as an excuse.....but it is an observation...one that was also made by Hubie Brown a few times.

We did a good job of catching back up in the second half....but every time we made a run, there was a big 3 back in our face. Frustrating as hell!

As a Piston fan, I'm just mad as hell right now. This was a game that we needed. I'm by no means giving up though. I do believe in the "back against the wall" mentality of our team. Hopefully we'll make more shots in our house. Hopefully we'll rotate a little more quickly.

The Spurs have the eye of the tiger right now......and the Pistons don't.

Once again, good game.

I bet it's frustrating for Pistons fans tonight. Look at the box score!(http://www.nba.com/games/20050612/DETSAS/boxscore.html) The Spurs turned it over more, and got outrebounded. Unfortunately for you guys, we had a buttload more assists and steals, not to mention the barrage from beyond the arc.

Here's the thing I don't get. How can Detroit let calls get to them as badly as they do? I'm serious when I say I don't get it. When Duncan fouls someone, he put's his hand in the air to claim it. When a Spur does complain, he gets listened to because he's not been in the ref's face after every whistle (and is sure not bitching about NBA conspiracies). Rasheed fouled the living shit out of Ginobili in the fourth and then layed on the ground demonstrating his displeasure at what was clearly a good call. WTF?

NeoConIV
06-12-2005, 11:28 PM
You and your takes are always welcome here my friend.

CHAMPS AGAIN
06-12-2005, 11:28 PM
Thanks.
You show dignity.
Detroit has to do something about the 3 shots. We got bowen, manu and horry, so we can lend you Barry. :spin

I still think BARRY will come out big in detroit and help us win a game or two.He did not score but played good D and he did have 5 assist tonight

1Parker1
06-12-2005, 11:31 PM
I bet it's frustrating for Pistons fans tonight. Look at the box score!(http://www.nba.com/games/20050612/DETSAS/boxscore.html) The Spurs turned it over more, and got outrebounded. Unfortunately for you guys, we had a buttload more assists and steals, not to mention the barrage from beyond the arc.

Here's the thing I don't get. How can Detroit let calls get to them as badly as they do? I'm serious when I say I don't get it. When Duncan fouls someone, he put's his hand in the air to claim it. When a Spur does complain, he gets listened to because he's not been in the ref's face after every whistle (and is sure not bitching about NBA conspiracies). Rasheed fouled the living shit out of Ginobili in the fourth and then layed on the ground demonstrating his displeasure at what was clearly a good call. WTF?

That is exactly what I was thinking as I watched the game! I understand players conferring with the refs when the call isn't clear. However, I saw Rasheed and Rip blow out at the ref after a clear cut foul was called.

Pistons < Spurs
06-12-2005, 11:36 PM
Sheed is emotional. Sometimes a hothead. We expect that. But the others guys getting so frustrated is what is really bothering me.

My personal belief is that they're carrying too much of the refs baggage from the Miami series. There were quite a few times that they got shafted in that series (lol not starting up the conspiracy talk, so don't go there!!), and they seem to still be holding on to this "they're out to get us" mentality. And unitl they forget that, they will continue to be in trouble, and continue to get too emotional about it.

Pistons < Spurs
06-12-2005, 11:37 PM
hey Pistons > Spurs......

u should ask timvp to change ur login ID there is a type-O

pistons < spurs

well, at least you made me laugh a little!

samikeyp
06-12-2005, 11:40 PM
props to the Pistons fans in this thread for being cool. Unlike some of your bretheren dropping the refs card.

T Park
06-12-2005, 11:42 PM
Agreed, and better than the Nuggets fans who blamed the refs before the tipoff of game 2.

maxpower
06-12-2005, 11:47 PM

Good postings bro. Don't let the obnoxious fans get to you. Some posters just don't get it.

Catharsis
06-12-2005, 11:51 PM
The Pistons can't compete with the best team in the west. Put the Piston's in the west and they may not even be in the top three or four...I hope the ESPN boys (AKA Stephen A. Smith and co.) are taking note of that.

TwoHandJam
06-12-2005, 11:54 PM
Sheed is emotional. Sometimes a hothead. We expect that. But the others guys getting so frustrated is what is really bothering me.

My personal belief is that they're carrying too much of the refs baggage from the Miami series. There were quite a few times that they got shafted in that series (lol not starting up the conspiracy talk, so don't go there!!), and they seem to still be holding on to this "they're out to get us" mentality. And unitl they forget that, they will continue to be in trouble, and continue to get too emotional about it.
I can understand that theory having watched some of those games but the Pistons seriously have to let it go. I'm very surprised to see a championship team so affected by the refs. You don't get to the finals by whining about too many calls.

Personally I think Brown is giving your team < 100% right now. I can't put my finger on it but he looks somewhat disinterested out there and the guys don't seem to take him too seriously sometimes in the huddle. I was surprised he waited so long to get a technical as the game was virtually already in hand for us. I think the Pistons might have rallied more had he gotten himself ejected earlier or something because nothing really seemed to be firing them up for a long stretch.

SequSpur
06-13-2005, 12:33 AM
You tell em Tpark! I got your back.

Spurs kicked their asses. Just like I said they would. I also said that Detroit isn't in the same league as the Spurs.

jalbre6
06-13-2005, 02:38 AM
Agreed, and better than the Nuggets fans who blamed the refs before the tipoff of game 2.

I don't remember this. They (DEN) won Game One in SA and were bitching about the referees? Nah. I thought all the Nugget trolls were in here crowing that they were going to win in five or six. Remember melo15 and that Cara chick?

spvrs
06-13-2005, 07:18 AM
Pistons have a gracious group of fans... Even the few trolls aren't bad. Thanks for the take.

Spurs got a good whistle in this game and the Pistons missed some point blank shots. I'm surprised at Prince being a total non factor.... That being said spurs played much better game.

bigbendbruisebrother
06-13-2005, 07:26 AM
Personally I think Brown is giving your team < 100% right now. I can't put my finger on it but he looks somewhat disinterested out there and the guys don't seem to take him too seriously sometimes in the huddle.

I want to make clear that I'm not joking about this. The man can't control his own bladder. He has to wear an adult diaper. That's why he wants out of coaching and into the front office.

ambchang
06-13-2005, 07:42 AM
First, thanks for the classy take on the series, and I am just appalled at how classless some of the Spurs fans are reacting to this thread ... but anyways, I am not their mommy.
The Spurs did get a few homie calls, but that's expected, and the Pistons are really letting this get to their heads. They have seen way worse in the last series against Miami, and they can't get used to this? The two games so far, has been called as well as humanly possible. Sure, the Spurs got a few calls to go their way, but that's why it's called home court advantage.
The series really haven't begun yet, no teams won on the road, and the Spurs just did what they were supposed to have done. I still remember last year's Laker series, and I still remember this year's Sonics series. Sooner or later, the Pistons will find a way to stop the Spurs, I mean, the Spurs are good, but they aren't so good that there is no way of beating them.

boutons
06-13-2005, 07:47 AM
"The series really haven't begun yet,"

I am just appalled at how "delusional" some of the Pistons fans are.

The Detroit front office can draw a bottom line on the Pistons' travel budget for 04/05 season.

ambchang
06-13-2005, 07:54 AM
I am a Spurs fan. I just chose to respect the opponents.

duncan_21
06-13-2005, 08:05 AM
Man, I thought the pistons were gonna come out firing and grab a little lead in the first and then the spurs would come back and eventually win by 10. I wasn't expecting this.

I think the pistons got screwed by the refs at times, but so did sa especially when the pistons were going on that run to get back into the game in the 3rd and then again in the 4th. There were some phantom calls on bowen/manu/parker and some defensive fouls when ben/rip drives.

Overall I thought the game was called fairly, the spurs were just hitting their shots and the pistons couldn't make a layup.

I'm trying to determine if det is this bad and sas is this good, or if it's a case of one team playing it's worst bball and another playing it's best. I think det was lucky with the mia/ind injuries and they are playing some of their worst bball. And in turn sa is playing their best bball of the year.

Just gotta say that the majority of det fans have shown some class.

Rematch+Repeat=Revenge
06-13-2005, 08:20 AM

Nope. I'm here. I've missed both games, so I can't comment. It doesn't look good for me seeing tomorrow's game, either. :depressed
But until I can speak intelligently, I'll keep my mouth shut.

GO PISTONS!!

nkdlunch
06-13-2005, 09:13 AM

This is my observation, if a team gets beat by 21, beleive me, the refs shouldn't even be mentioned.

Extra Stout
06-13-2005, 09:54 AM
I'm surprised by Detroit's failure to respond to adversity. They have just gotten frustrated and cried to the referees instead of raising their game. They are looking for excuses and clutching to their 2004 title.

They are falling apart like the Lakers did last year. I'm a little angry with them -- they are not representing the school of fundamental basketball well at all.

Despite the Pistons' meltdown, this is not a time for the Spurs to let up. The Sonics were pitiful in the first two games against the Spurs, but then the Spurs let up, and the next thing we knew, it was tied 2-2.

I expect the Pistons to play much better in Game 3. As a basketball fan, I'll be pissed off if they don't. This is the Finals. They're the defending champs!!! Show some pride and dignity for what the Larry O'Brien trophy stands for! Stop playing like the damn Hawks and put up a fight or something!!!

sa_butta
06-13-2005, 09:56 AM
I gotta say im a extatic being up 2-0, never would have thunk it.

TheAdmiral#50
06-13-2005, 10:18 AM
Pistons constant whining about the calls is beginning to hurt them. Showing up the refs on the floor with just make the calls tighter and the Pistons have to play a physical game. With the Piston throwing fits during the first quarter, they essentially doomed themselves to that type of tally. It will over in four if the Pistons don't stop the crying.

But if you look at most of those replays, the Spurs were for the most part standing straight up and the Pistons were the ones initiating the contact.
Don't be too upset Pistons fans, I'm sure you'll get your calls in the 3 games in Detroit.

The Pistons are too good a team to just lay down for us. I think they will win one in Detroit. But with 2 double digit wins,Detroit needs to make serious adjustments to make this a series!

infinite styles
06-13-2005, 10:28 AM
but it is an observation...one that was also made by Hubie Brown a few times.

That was a great post......I just would have left that part out. Hubie may be a good coach but he sucks as a commentator.