View Full Version : David Robinson is what everyone thought Dirk was

Pages : [1] 2

greensborohill
07-27-2011, 10:21 AM
Lucky for him Tim Duncan came along.

:lobt:

spurs_fan_in_exile
07-27-2011, 10:35 AM
Everyone thought Dirk was a black dude who served in the Navy?

Dunc n Dave
07-27-2011, 12:32 PM
Did Dirk start preaching to the Jet or something?

ambchang
07-27-2011, 12:56 PM
Everyone thought Dirk was a dominant defensive player who doesn't have a supporting cast?

jeebus
07-27-2011, 02:14 PM
Everyone thought Dirk did a handstand walk the full length of the court?

stretch
07-27-2011, 02:14 PM
Everyone thought Dirk was a dominant defensive player who doesn't have a supporting cast?

more like a soft choker

the difference was that Dirk shed that false label by kicking ass once he actually got some decent role players

Robinson needed to be bailed out by a superior player Timmy

stretch
07-27-2011, 02:16 PM
Everyone thought Dirk did a handstand walk the full length of the court?

considering the weird stuff that Holger makes Dirk do in his training regimen, I wouldnt be shocked at all if Dirk has done this. I know I've heard handstands are a big part of his routine.

ambchang
07-27-2011, 03:13 PM
more like a soft choker

the difference was that Dirk shed that false label by kicking ass once he actually got some decent role players

Robinson needed to be bailed out by a superior player Timmy

Contradicting statements.

LkrFan
07-27-2011, 04:09 PM
:corn:

stretch
07-27-2011, 04:16 PM
Contradicting statements.

not going to argue with you because this is just going to somehow turn into you crying about how much you hate kobe

jacobdrj
07-27-2011, 04:33 PM
Dirk was where Robinson was: Viewed as soft. Whether rightfully so or not, can't say. Didn't see enough of David to make that assessment.

I would have liked to have seen David play under Rick Carlisle. I think he could have handled Dennis Rodman... At least for a couple seasons...

Ed Helicopter Jones
07-27-2011, 04:49 PM
Dirk's a great player, however, other than his ability to shoot the long ball he has nothing on Robinson.

CubanMustGo
07-27-2011, 04:50 PM
Dirk was of two players in NBA history to lead the league in scoring, rebounding, and blocked shots for a season during his career?

Or one of two players in NBA history to win ROY, DPOY, and MVP during his career?

Or the only player in NBA history to do all of these?

dirk4mvp
07-27-2011, 04:51 PM
Except for taking a team to a ring as the undisputed #1 option.

Roger Freemason Jr.
07-27-2011, 05:42 PM
Except for taking a team to a ring as the undisputed #1 option.

I don't want to insult Dirk, because he is a fantastic player, and a humble guy.
But when you look at all of Robinson's accolades, winning a ring as a #1 option really pales in comparison.

What kind of juxtaposition is this anyways?

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-27-2011, 05:46 PM
I don't want to insult Dirk, because he is a fantastic player, and a humble guy.
But when you look at all of Robinson's accolades, winning a ring as a #1 option really pales in comparison.

What kind of juxtaposition is this anyways?
:lmao what accolades? He is a 1x MVP and is a 10x all star. Dirk is a 1x MVP and 10x all star.

Being a bible thumping Navy brat isn't a basketball accolade.

Roger Freemason Jr.
07-27-2011, 05:48 PM
:lmao what accolades? He is a 1x MVP and is a 10x all star. Dirk is a 1x MVP and 10x all star.

Being a bible thumping Navy brat isn't a basketball accolade.

ROY, DPOY, and MVP, & not one ring, but two.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-27-2011, 05:50 PM
Dirk also has an MVP. Winning ROY does nothing to determine who the better player was. The 2 rings, faggot comment was maybe the funniest part tho. Two rings as a role player aren't as impressive as one ring as a #1 option.

Roger Freemason Jr.
07-27-2011, 05:53 PM
In 99' Duncan and Robinson had equal effect on steamrolling through the playoffs. In 03' Duncan was the 1st option, but Robinson contributed in every way possible, plus his defensive abilities tower over Dirks. Not to mention that Robinson retired a champion.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-27-2011, 05:55 PM
Duncan was the 1st option in '99 and Robinson was his sidekick. You're revising history saying otherwise.

'95 Olajuwon :lol's at how much Spurfan raves about David "The tinman" Robinson's defense.

Roger Freemason Jr.
07-27-2011, 05:57 PM
How would Dirk favor against the Dream?

Isitjustme?
07-27-2011, 05:57 PM
:lobt2::lobt2:

/thread

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-27-2011, 05:58 PM
How would Dirk favor against the Dream?
He'd accept the fact he can't defend the dream as the true teammate he is. Robinson was more concerned with Rodman's lack of faith in Jeebus than he was beating the Rockets, and Rodman was having none of it.

Isitjustme?
07-27-2011, 05:59 PM
Maybe you didn't hear me...

:lobt2::lobt2:

/thread

Drachen
07-27-2011, 06:10 PM
Dirk was the last player in NBA history to log a quadruple double?

Roger Freemason Jr.
07-27-2011, 06:10 PM
He'd accept the fact he can't defend the dream as the true teammate he is. Robinson was more concerned with Rodman's lack of faith in Jeebus than he was beating the Rockets, and Rodman was having none of it.

He would just accept that he couldn't defend him? -__-;

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-27-2011, 06:15 PM
Yes tbh, he's also a power forward so he wouldn't have to defend dream. He changed his game to fit in with a center like Chandler, D-Rob had to become a role player to co-exist with Duncan :lol

Lefty's understudy
07-27-2011, 06:22 PM
tbh as soon as I can find a pic of Robinson posing with those two trophies there is going to be an awesome google image burn in this thread

Roger Freemason Jr.
07-27-2011, 06:23 PM
alrighty.

Isitjustme?
07-27-2011, 06:34 PM
Dirk definitely would have blocked that.

Spursfan092120
07-27-2011, 06:42 PM
Robinson played against tougher competition, imo...and if I'm comparing two of the best players, the first thing I'm going to look at is who was the bigger difference maker on both sides. Dirk has a little bit better offense, but David was MUCH better on defense. So my answer is David.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-27-2011, 07:40 PM
Dirk also has the ability to not be a dick and just sign a kid's damn autograph, that way it doesn't come back to bite him in the ass a decade later when the little kid grows up to be Shaquille O'Neal, and the only way to save face is to pad your stats in one game against the Clippers.

Shaq just made that up :cry, D-Rob didn't inflate his stats against the Clippers :cry, his teammates were just classy and wanted him to score 70 points :cry

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-27-2011, 07:40 PM
Robinson's defense made such a huge difference in the 1995 WCF tbh.

Isitjustme?
07-27-2011, 07:45 PM
Dirk would never ever beat Hakeem (given they both had equal supporting casts) so not sure what that proves.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-27-2011, 07:46 PM
It proves Robinson isn't the all world defender Spurfan claims he is, no one is making Dirk out to be an elite defender.. Even the 1995 Suns did a better job defending Hakeem than Robinson.

DesignatedT
07-27-2011, 08:01 PM
Drob 2 rings > Dirks 1.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-27-2011, 08:04 PM
Horry 7 rings > Duncans 4

Juan
07-27-2011, 08:10 PM
Horry 7 > Jordans 6

Horry- goat

Axe Murderer
07-27-2011, 08:15 PM
Dirk also has the ability to not be a dick and just sign a kid's damn autograph, that way it doesn't come back to bite him in the ass a decade later when the little kid grows up to be Shaquille O'Neal, and the only way to save face is to pad your stats in one game against the Clippers.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

baseline bum
07-27-2011, 08:17 PM

Link?

Rodman's only concern in that series was getting in a pissing match with the idiot coach.

badfish22
07-27-2011, 08:33 PM
solid work by greens here

dbreiden83080
07-27-2011, 08:33 PM
You mean he's white..

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-27-2011, 08:37 PM
Rodman's only concern in that series was getting in a pissing match with the idiot coach.
Link?

I know D-Rob admitted he made mistakes as teammates with Rodman he wouldn't make again with Duncan.

Isitjustme?
07-27-2011, 08:39 PM
tbh in an average game 4 extra blocks and 4 extra rebounds could not possibly make a difference.

baseline bum
07-27-2011, 08:49 PM
Link?

I know D-Rob admitted he made mistakes as teammates with Rodman he wouldn't make again with Duncan.

Rodman got himself benched in game 2 by jacking up a bunch of threes in the first quarter, and dared Bob Hill to bench him in game 5 by showing up really late to practice (Hill obliged, taking him out of the starting lineup). I can't find a link to the second incident, but here's one showing him being an ass in the second round:
http://www.nytimes.com/1995/05/15/sports/1995-nba-playoffs-rodman-sits-and-chats-but-spurs-whoop-it-up.html

Who pulls that kind of crap in the conference finals after the team made a huge stand on the road to even a series they were previously dead in the water in?

And here's one where he missed not a practice, but a game
http://articles.sfgate.com/1995-03-17/sports/17800678_1_straight-game-field-goal-defense-spurs

Rodman was a cancer in the worst way on that 95 Spurs team.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-27-2011, 08:57 PM
Who pulls that kind of crap in the conference finals after the team made a huge stand on the road to even a series they were previously dead in the water in?
Someone who's sick and tired of getting chased around with a bible, tbh.

spursfan09
07-27-2011, 08:58 PM
Interesting comparison between mavs greatest player ever vs spurs second greatest player ever.

baseline bum
07-27-2011, 08:59 PM
Someone who's sick and tired of getting chased around with a bible, tbh.

Someone who doesn't give a shit about winning is more like it.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-27-2011, 09:05 PM
Tbh he seemed to care about winning when MJ was encouraging him to chase women rather than telling him Jeebus says not to chase women.

Dunc n Dave
07-27-2011, 09:05 PM
Rodman got himself benched in game 2 by jacking up a bunch of threes in the first quarter, and dared Bob Hill to bench him in game 5 by showing up really late to practice (Hill obliged, taking him out of the starting lineup). I can't find a link to the second incident, but here's one showing him being an ass in the second round:
http://www.nytimes.com/1995/05/15/sports/1995-nba-playoffs-rodman-sits-and-chats-but-spurs-whoop-it-up.html

Rodman was a cancer in the worst way on that 95 Spurs team.

From the article linked above

Rodman, the league's premier rebounder, collected zero today -- because he played zero minutes. Exiled for conduct detrimental to the team (talking back to his coach last Friday night and then kicking his shoes off), the 6-foot-8-inch forward played absolutely no part in this afternoon's 80-71 playoff victory over the Los Angeles Lakers.

His team leads the Lakers in this four-of-seven-game series, 3-1, but there is no telling who leads the series of mind games between Rodman and Coach Bob Hill.

"I don't think anyone can get inside this cranium," Rodman said, pointing to his pierced earlobe.

Hill benched Rodman today to prove a point -- and to force him to listen up -- but, at the same time, the coach jostled J. R. Reid from a deep sleep. David Robinson was Goliath with 26 points and 22 rebounds, but Reid was his crucial sidekick in a desperate third quarter. Just when the Lakers pulled within 1 point, just when Hill was ruminating about inserting Rodman, Reid scored 6 points during an 11-0 Spurs run that essentially put a bow on the game.

Has Dirk ever had a 20pt-20reb game in the playoffs? Didn't think so....

Monostradamus
07-27-2011, 09:39 PM
Dirk was of two players in NBA history to lead the league in scoring, rebounding, and blocked shots for a season during his career?

Or one of two players in NBA history to win ROY, DPOY, and MVP during his career?

Or the only player in NBA history to do all of these?

Dirk's NBA Finals MVP trophy says "hahahahahaha....whatever"

Monostradamus
07-27-2011, 09:42 PM
In 99' Duncan and Robinson had equal effect on steamrolling through the playoffs. In 03' Duncan was the 1st option, but Robinson contributed in every way possible, plus his defensive abilities tower over Dirks. Not to mention that Robinson retired a champion.

:lmao

only in the mind of delusional spurfan can one guy average 23/11/3 and the other guy average 15/10/2.5 in the playoffs, but they're "equal" in terms of who the best player on the team is.

Once the Spurs started winning titles, Tim Duncan was the undisputed best player on the team, unless you find some way to rewrite history and change Duncan's stat lines.

Monostradamus
07-27-2011, 09:44 PM
With that logic, ppl who say "Dirk is the first star to win a title without a clear #2 next to him since Duncan in 03" is bunk, because Tony Parker was averaging a David Robinson-esque 15 points a game. Clearly he was equal in production to Duncan and a co-leader of that 03 championship squad.

Dr House
07-27-2011, 09:48 PM

all you obese beaners start foaming salsa at the mouth when anybody tries to say Duncan wasn't the clear cut leader on all 4 title teams. Now you fat fucks are pretending he was split with D-Rob for two of them just so you can put down Dirk :rollin:rollin:rollin

classic spic/wetback/beaner logic going on in here

Monostradamus
07-27-2011, 09:49 PM
tbh just like how Duncan is conveniently a center or a power forward depending on the argument they're trying to win.

Dunc n Dave
07-27-2011, 09:52 PM
All this thread did was convince me that Dirk's career isn't full of empty stats like Robinson's.

:lol the irony in this statement

rebounds, blocks, and steals are "empty stats" while points from jump shots aren't?

Robinson carried his team on BOTH ends of the floor. He guarded the best post player and was still expected to stay out of foul trouble long enough to lead the team in scoring, despite taking a beating on drives to the rim and dunks. He beats out Dirk in every category except PPG, 3pT, and FT%. Robinson destroys him in rebounds, steals, and blocks, not to mention FG%. Assists are basically a wash.

When has Dirk ever been asked to guard the best low post scorer on a consistent basis? Easy to make a living off of scoring when the majority of your points come from non-contact jumpers or free throws from shooting fouls on the perimeter. Empty stats indeed...

Axe Murderer
07-27-2011, 09:55 PM
Robinson carried his team on BOTH ends of the floor.

how far did he "carry" his team?

dirk4mvp
07-27-2011, 09:55 PM
:lol the irony in this statement

rebounds, blocks, and steals are "empty stats" while points from jump shots aren't?

Robinson carried his team on BOTH ends of the floor. He guarded the best post player and was still expected to stay out of foul trouble long enough to lead the team in scoring, despite taking a beating on drives to the rim and dunks. He beats out Dirk in every category except PPG, 3pT, and FT%. Robinson destroys him in rebounds, steals, and blocks, not to mention FG%. Assists are basically a wash.

When has Dirk ever been asked to guard the best low post scorer on a consistent basis? Easy to make a living off of scoring when the majority of your points come from non-contact jumpers or free throws from shooting fouls on the perimeter. Empty stats indeed...

David Robinson didn't carry his team to shit. Duncan was the leader of every single championship SA has. I think it's funny tho how different these spurfan arguments would be if this thread was Dirk vs Duncan.

Axe Murderer
07-27-2011, 09:56 PM
k4mv/Bump working the pick n pop, give n go goods

DeadlyDynasty
07-27-2011, 09:58 PM
:lol stupid fucking Mavs fans

It's not just his 7.3 ppg and 5.9 rpg that carried the Spurs in 03, it was D-Rob's uncanny leadership capabilities that cannot be quantified.

Blake
07-27-2011, 10:06 PM
Robinson played against tougher competition, imo...and if I'm comparing two of the best players, the first thing I'm going to look at is who was the bigger difference maker on both sides. Dirk has a little bit better offense, but David was MUCH better on defense. So my answer is David.

that bit of nut huggery was nicely executed. :tu

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-27-2011, 11:04 PM

all you obese beaners start foaming salsa at the mouth when anybody tries to say Duncan wasn't the clear cut leader on all 4 title teams. Now you fat fucks are pretending he was split with D-Rob for two of them just so you can put down Dirk :rollin:rollin:rollin

classic spic/wetback/beaner logic going on in here

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-27-2011, 11:07 PM
how far did he "carry" his team?
To being Hakeem Olajuwon's jizz rag tbh

symple19
07-27-2011, 11:47 PM
To me, D-Rob was the spiritual leader of the 03' team, but they would have won that title (and probably the 99' one as well) with my mom opposite Duncan

imo, Dirk and D-Rob shouldn't even be compared... Apples and Oranges

Spursfan092120
07-28-2011, 12:13 AM
In that case Tony Allen = Dirk.

But in reality, the ability to carry the load offensively and lead a team to 2 finals appearances and a ring trumps all. It's not like Dirk is a bad defensive player anyway, just average.

Comparing David's offense to Tony Freakin Allen? Come on...

David Robinson - 21.1 PPG
Tony Allen - 7.5

And the defense isn't close either..let's not go there.

Sportstudi
07-28-2011, 06:09 AM

Well, seems you have a short memory... Btw, I'm not about the result (http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200605190DAL.html). Dirk has had another one though vs the Kings back in 2003. In total 2, the same amount as Robinson.

der Kaiser
07-28-2011, 07:39 AM
Dirk > Robinson

Dirk dominated three of the best players in the NBA, in their prime, on his way to a title. The Admiral rode Duncan's ass while being nothing more than Shaq's punching bag. The End.

greensborohill
07-28-2011, 07:40 AM
Well, seems you have a short memory... Btw, I'm not about the result (http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200605190DAL.html). Dirk has had another one though vs the Kings back in 2003. In total 2, the same amount as Robinson.

HAHAHAHAHAHA TAKE DAT WIT CHEW Dunc n Dave!!!

Don't get butt hurt Spurs fans. Duncan is a top 10 player all-time. David Robinson didn't have the mental edge he needed to be the #1 guy. Dirk does, Dirk's proved it. In the pantheon of the greatest players of all-time Dirk is a number of spots ahead of David Robinson b/c Dirk didn't need a top ten player alongside him to get the job done.

Dunc n Dave
07-28-2011, 09:51 AM
In the pantheon of the greatest players of all-time Dirk is a number of spots ahead of David Robinson b/c Dirk didn't need a top ten player alongside him to get the job done.

So according to your logic that would rank Dirk ahead of Kobe Bryant and Shaq then? I see.... They should have let you make the 50 All time greatest players list, it would have been so much easier:rolleyes

greensborohill
07-28-2011, 09:56 AM
So according to your logic that would rank Dirk ahead of Kobe Bryant and Shaq then? I see.... They should have let you make the 50 All time greatest players list, it would have been so much easier:rolleyes

Bull, both Kobe and Shaq won rings as the unquestioned #1. David couldn't and didn't. Plus Kobe and Shaq have 5 & 4 respectively. Sorry, David is a great player, but you can't win with him as your best player. That has been proven and will NEVER CHANGE. Dirk was the unquestioned #1 and he won a championship w/o a clear cut #2 that would be ranked in the top 50 of current NBA players.

End the thread

Dunc n Dave
07-28-2011, 10:01 AM
Bull, both Kobe and Shaq won rings as the unquestioned #1. David couldn't and didn't. Plus Kobe and Shaq have 5 & 4 respectively. Sorry, David is a great player, but you can't win with him as your best player. That has been proven and will NEVER CHANGE. Dirk was the unquestioned #1 and he won a championship w/o a clear cut #2 that would be ranked in the top 50 of current NBA players.

End the thread

First you said Dirk won without another Top 10 player and that alone is what made him better. Then you move the goal posts by saying "well both Shaq and Kobe won as the unquestioned #1 option."

Are you saying Kobe wasn't a Top 10 player during the Laker 3peat? Or that Shaq was the "unquestioned leader" the Heat championship team? You know the one that cancelled the parade in '06?

greensborohill
07-28-2011, 10:06 AM
First you said Dirk won without another Top 10 player and that alone is what made him better. Then you move the goal posts by saying "well both Shaq and Kobe won as the unquestioned #1 option."

Are you saying Kobe wasn't a Top 10 player during the Laker 3peat? Or that Shaq was the "unquestioned leader" the Heat championship team? You know the one that cancelled the parade in '06?

I am saying that Dirk won as an unquestioned #1 when all you mutherfuckers talked all that shit that he couldn't. However, David Robinson never won a title where he was the unquestioned #1. David Robinson is what everyone here thought Dirk was.

Dunc n Dave
07-28-2011, 10:07 AM
Sorry, David is a great player, but you can't win with him as your best player. That has been proven and will NEVER CHANGE.
End the thread

So I guess you could say the same about Karl Malone, Charles Barkley, and Clyde Drexler then? Because they couldn't "win" as the clear cut #1 either, right? Oh wait... I forgot... they were at their best when Micheal Jordan was destroying everything in his path for 6 championships in 8 years.

Dirk would have met the same fate as the guys mentioned above playing in the 90's.

/end thread

Dunc n Dave
07-28-2011, 10:08 AM
I am saying that Dirk won as an unquestioned #1 when all you mutherfuckers talked all that shit that he couldn't. However, David Robinson never won a title where he was the unquestioned #1. David Robinson is what everyone here thought Dirk was.

OK, so you agree you moved the goal posts then. Thanks!

stretch
07-28-2011, 10:10 AM

Dirk > Davey

greensborohill
07-28-2011, 10:15 AM

Sure, if that makes you feel better about Dirk being a champion and unquestioned best player on a championship team, while David couldn't nutt-up as a unquestioned #1. Sure.

Blake
07-28-2011, 10:19 AM
So I guess you could say the same about Karl Malone, Charles Barkley, and Clyde Drexler then? Because they couldn't "win" as the clear cut #1 either, right? Oh wait... I forgot... they were at their best when Micheal Jordan was destroying everything in his path for 6 championships in 8 years.

Dirk would have met the same fate as the guys mentioned above playing in the 90's.

/end thread

the one problem here being that David never played Mike in the finals like the guys mentioned above.

Dunc n Dave
07-28-2011, 10:20 AM
Sure, if that makes you feel better about Dirk being a champion and unquestioned best player on a championship team, while David couldn't nutt-up as a unquestioned #1. Sure.

Your capitulation is duly noted...

ambchang
07-28-2011, 11:47 AM
not going to argue with you because this is just going to somehow turn into you crying about how much you hate kobe

or because you have no grounds.

stretch
07-28-2011, 11:51 AM
or because you have no grounds.

only grounds that matter:

dirk as #1 - :lobt2:

robinson as #1 - never sniffed the finals

ambchang
07-28-2011, 11:53 AM
Duncan was the 1st option in '99 and Robinson was his sidekick. You're revising history saying otherwise.

'95 Olajuwon :lol's at how much Spurfan raves about David "The tinman" Robinson's defense.

And of course Hakeem got 33pg vs. a Horace Grant and Shaq double team vs. 35ppg vs. a Robinson single team.

As for accolades, check all-D teams, all-NBA teams, DPoY.

And Robinson accomplished much of that prior to his injury. Though no fault's of Dirk, it speaks to how Robinson dominated the time.

And yes, 99 was Duncan's team, Robinson was clearly a sidekick. That said, I am not sure how you can equate a supporting cast of Avery Johnson, Dennis Rodman, Sean Elliott and Vinny Del Negro to Jason Kidd, Jason Terry, Shawn Marion and Tyson Chandler.

ambchang
07-28-2011, 11:53 AM
only grounds that matter:

dirk as #1 - :lobt2:

robinson as #1 - never sniffed the finals

Since when did the NBA turned into a 1 on 1 tournament? I must have missed it.

ambchang
07-28-2011, 11:54 AM

And faith impacts basketball how?

ambchang
07-28-2011, 11:57 AM

You must have missed the part where it was exposed as a lie. As in Shaq saying Robinson refused to sign an autograph for him when Shaq attended high school in San Antonio was impossible because Shaq was already out in LSU when Robinson started playing for the Spurs.

ambchang
07-28-2011, 12:02 PM
It proves Robinson isn't the all world defender Spurfan claims he is, no one is making Dirk out to be an elite defender.. Even the 1995 Suns did a better job defending Hakeem than Robinson.

1 series proved the career of a player, I see.

I guess Game 3 of the 06 Finals proved Dirk can't shoot FTs.

ambchang
07-28-2011, 12:05 PM
Dennis Johnson = Chauncey Billups > John Stockton tbh, because those two carried their teams to championships, tbh.

Lincoln
07-28-2011, 12:35 PM
1 series proved the career of a player, I see.

I guess Game 3 of the 06 Finals proved Dirk can't shoot FTs.

Tbh he shot 10/12 in that game :lol

stretch
07-28-2011, 12:38 PM
Dennis Johnson = Chauncey Billups > John Stockton tbh, because those two carried their teams to championships, tbh.

correct tbh

i smell asshurt from a certain gorrila avatar poster

badfish22
07-28-2011, 12:56 PM

:lmao Dunc should have been forced to leave after this.

dirk4mvp
07-28-2011, 12:56 PM

:lol all these spurfans are asking question like "oh did Dirk make a high SAT score?" or "oh is Dirk a jesus freak?" and this guy asks a question and gets a fresh shit layed on his face.

dirk4mvp
07-28-2011, 12:57 PM
fish and 4mvp, running the option, and they don't know how to contain it.

greensborohill
07-28-2011, 01:44 PM
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/180060_1560626623286_1463929101_31170330_5183832_n .jpg

Ignignokt
07-28-2011, 01:53 PM
i'm sorry, but dirk has benefitted with having no athletic 7 footers to challenge his lenght. If anything, if Dirk met robinson in his prime. Robinson would have to go to confession for turning a man into a boy.

Robinson > Dirk.

Ignignokt
07-28-2011, 01:53 PM
i'm sorry, but dirk has benefitted with having no athletic 7 footers to challenge his lenght. If anything, if Dirk met robinson in his prime. Robinson would have to go to confession for turning a man into a boy.

Robinson > Dirk.

Ignignokt
07-28-2011, 01:54 PM
lol... The mavs won in spite of dirk the last game. Bro, don't even. Btw. Dirk's supporting cast >>>>> robinson's pre duncan

ambchang
07-28-2011, 02:15 PM
correct tbh

i smell asshurt from a certain gorrila avatar poster

I have no problems with someone who says Chauncey Billups > John Stockton saying Dirk > Robinson, tbh.

ambchang
07-28-2011, 02:17 PM
Tbh he shot 10/12 in that game :lol

He was 0/2 when it counts, tbh.

greensborohill
07-28-2011, 02:19 PM

Robinson > Dirk.

What a duchebag you are. There are a ton more athletic bigs in the NBA then when Robinson played. Robinson is a gentle flower het got knocked cold by Karl Malone. Dirk >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Robinson

He's got the NBA Finals MVP to prove it, bitch.

Maybe you should reflect on all the shit you and the Spurs fans talked before this past June, like Dirk is:

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/0728/nba_g_nowitzki_b1_576.jpg
Its called: Reflection

greensborohill
07-28-2011, 02:20 PM
He was 0/2 when it counts, tbh.

Where's D-Rob's NBA Finals MVP trophy? Show it to me?

ambchang
07-28-2011, 02:25 PM
In other news, Russell > Jordan and Magic combined, because Russell won 11 as the lead guy, and Jordan only won 6 as the undisputed #1 and Magic only 3.

Pau Pierce = Dirk = Wade = Billups = Dennis Johnson = Moses Malone = Bill Walton = Rick Barry > Dr. J = Barkley = Malone = Robinson = Uwe Blab = casual fan = Nash based on mav fan logic.

At the same time:
Duncan > Hakeem (I thought mav fans were arguing against this ...????)

Prime1
07-28-2011, 02:26 PM
To being Hakeem Olajuwon's jizz rag tbh

You don't think Dirk would have done any better against Hakeem? I mean no Mav fan here will ever discuss what would have happened if Dirk went up against Hakeem. They can't. They won't. Its a thread ender.

ambchang
07-28-2011, 02:28 PM
Where's D-Rob's NBA Finals MVP trophy? Show it to me?

Wade = Dirk = James Worthy = Joe Dumars = Tony Parker = Billups = Cedric Maxwell = Jo Jo White > Malone = Barkley = Ewing = Lebron = Drexler

stretch
07-28-2011, 02:31 PM
In other news, Russell > Jordan and Magic combined, because Russell won 11 as the lead guy, and Jordan only won 6 as the undisputed #1 and Magic only 3.

Pau Pierce = Dirk = Wade = Billups = Dennis Johnson = Moses Malone = Bill Walton = Rick Barry > Dr. J = Barkley = Malone = Robinson = Uwe Blab = casual fan = Nash based on mav fan logic.

At the same time:
Duncan > Hakeem (I thought mav fans were arguing against this ...????)

Wade = Dirk = James Worthy = Joe Dumars = Tony Parker = Billups = Cedric Maxwell = Jo Jo White > Malone = Barkley = Ewing = Lebron = Drexler

another win for the MK

:toast to my fellow niggas

FkLA
07-28-2011, 02:35 PM
mavfan is hilarious, they make fun of spurfan for supposedly being homers yet make a one-way player out to be one of the greatest of all-time :lol

Robinson was dominant on both sides of the ball. His offense in his prime was just as explosive as Dirks. His defense was light years better, regardless of the fact that he got dominated by a prime Dream in 95'. Using that series to discredit his all-world defense is like using the GS series to discredit Dirks all-world offense. Robinsons role players never hit the shots Dirks role players hit this year, Robinson never had one of the highest payrolls in the league, etc. Anyone with half a brain and without Dirk's balls down their throat realizes Robinson is the better basketball player.

ambchang
07-28-2011, 02:41 PM
But they won the argument because they have trolled successfully.

I guess MK is unequalled when their objective is post like retards. Top notch talent, tbh.

Isitjustme?
07-28-2011, 02:48 PM
tbh Dirk Destroyed that trio much like naruto destroyed your ST career.

stretch
07-28-2011, 02:55 PM
mavfan is hilarious, they make fun of spurfan for supposedly being homers yet make a one-way player out to be one of the greatest of all-time :lol

spurfan is hilarious considering their nonstop argument as to why the spurs players are so great are rings (4 rings faggot!), and suddenly rings are not a part of the conversation whatsoever just to suit their argument. :lol

if you really want to get technical, since suddenly winning a championship and being a great leader means nothing now, Tim Duncan has a very solid career of averaging 20 ppg, 11 rpg, and 2 bpg. If you just posted those stats, and not the accomplishments of a player who put up those numbers, they are no doubt great numbers, but you would hardly consider those to be stats of someone who should be considered a top 10-15 player of all times. but obviously his leadership abilities goes a lot farther than those numbers.

same for Dirk and Robinson. Dirk found a way to lead his team to a championship, and got to the Finals another time. Robinson never even sniffed the Finals. And don't use the "he didn't have a good team" or "he played in the Jordan era" horseshit, because he had his chances when MJ retired, and he had a very solid team. He had chances, and had a team that was very capable of getting the job done. He didn't step up, Dirk did. He's remembered for getting abused by Hakeem and choking. Dirk is now remembered for putting up multiple legendary performances and stepping up in the 4th quarter as well as any player in NBA history.

baseline bum
07-28-2011, 03:04 PM
:lmao six posts in a row. somebody's ass got really sore.

So your three in a row meant your ass was only pretty sore?

ambchang
07-28-2011, 03:05 PM
:lmao, regulating the interwebs by projecting personal butt hurt on others.

dirk4mvp
07-28-2011, 03:08 PM
not nearly as sore as when you wished death on Joey Crawford's family.

or an entire plane full of people.

Lincoln
07-28-2011, 03:13 PM
*meow* :lmao

Tbh dat nig greenborohill did some regulating imho

baseline bum
07-28-2011, 03:22 PM
not nearly as sore as when you wished death on Joey Crawford's family.

I'm over the loss. So you admit your ass is sore?

ambchang
07-28-2011, 03:24 PM
it does unless he does something to change it.

if Dirk shot 60% in the Finals and averaged 30/15/5 but lost, he'd still be the soft choker who couldn't get it done.

As it is, Robinson never had the chance to wash the stink of Hakeem's ass off his mustache, because Tim Duncan appeared and showed him how it's done.

Did you just made that up? How about a 13/17 in a championship clinching game right before he retired? How do you define these things, just randomly pull it out of your ass as you see fit?

baseline bum
07-28-2011, 03:26 PM
:lmao "don't make fun of my friend posting 6 consecutive times :cry"

Doesn't make sense when one does the same shit.

ambchang
Never knew there is a rule about posting consecutive posts ... Zissou regulating the interwebs by pulling random rules and forcing people to comply.

FkLA
spurfan is hilarious considering their nonstop argument as to why the spurs players are so great are rings (4 rings faggot!), and suddenly rings are not a part of the conversation whatsoever just to suit their argument. :lol

if you really want to get technical, since suddenly winning a championship and being a great leader means nothing now, Tim Duncan has a very solid career of averaging 20 ppg, 11 rpg, and 2 bpg. If you just posted those stats, and not the accomplishments of a player who put up those numbers, they are no doubt great numbers, but you would hardly consider those to be stats of someone who should be considered a top 10-15 player of all times. but obviously his leadership abilities goes a lot farther than those numbers.

Nahh nigga. When you have two great players, like say KG and Duncan who are both all-world on both sides of the ball then sure leadership can be the difference maker. But not when you're comparing a dominant offensive player to a player who dominated on both sides of the ball. You cant just completely ignore Dirk's mediocre defense and rebounding like that. Not to mention this nigga had his share of chokejobs, with 06' and 07' probably being even bigger than any DRob ever had.

same for Dirk and Robinson. Dirk found a way to lead his team to a championship, and got to the Finals another time. Robinson never even sniffed the Finals. And don't use the "he didn't have a good team" or "he played in the Jordan era" horseshit, because he had his chances when MJ retired, and he had a very solid team. He had chances, and had a team that was very capable of getting the job done. He didn't step up, Dirk did. He's remembered for getting abused by Hakeem and choking.

He reached the WCF two times if Im not mistaken before Duncan, so I wouldnt exactly say he didnt sniff the Finals. And he had a very solid team? Come on nigga we both know thats false.

Dirk is now remembered for putting up multiple legendary performances and stepping up in the 4th quarter as well as any player in NBA history.

Does this year completely erase all the times where he not only missed shots, but would sometimes even dissapear and defer to the likes of Terry? Watch the last 5+ minutes of Game 3 in the 06' Finals, nigga attempts like one shot. Watch the meltdown against the Blazers this year. The near meltdown in Game 6 against the same Blazers where Terry had to come through in the clutch. Dont kid yourself, Dirk has had his big moments especially this playoff run but he is nowhere close to being one of the best clutch performers of all-time.

ambchang
07-28-2011, 03:27 PM
:lmao "don't make fun of my friend posting 6 consecutive times :cry"

:lmao "don't make fun of my friend making assanine comments :cry"

ambchang
07-28-2011, 03:28 PM
when I can't answer something, I just laugh to show I am regulating the interwebs

Lincoln
07-28-2011, 03:29 PM
*meow*

dirk4mvp
07-28-2011, 03:31 PM
Dirk ringing and solidifying himself as a top 20-25 player of all time really hurts FkLa's feelings.

baseline bum
07-28-2011, 03:33 PM
Seriously, I'm glad for Dirk and how this playoff run ensured his legacy won't be diminished by ignorant fans who can't see how unique a player he has been. It just pisses me off when people want to make Robinson eat the shit sandwich alone for 95, as if Rodman's antics never happened. I'm sure it was Shaq and Cuban chasing him around with a bible that made him such a disaster in LA and Dallas too.

ambchang
07-28-2011, 03:37 PM
Only greatest finals performances are needed to erase past choke performance is a concrete rule just made up by Zissou, tbh.

stretch
07-28-2011, 03:40 PM
Nahh nigga. When you have two great players, like say KG and Duncan who are both all-world on both sides of the ball then sure leadership can be the difference maker. But not when you're comparing a dominant offensive player to a player who dominated on both sides of the ball. You cant just completely ignore Dirk's mediocre defense and rebounding like that. Not to mention this nigga had his share of chokejobs, with 06' and 07' probably being even bigger than any DRob ever had.

lol magic
lol bird
lol both were poor defenders with other massive holes in their game
lol still 2 of the 10 greatest players ever

He reached the WCF two times if Im not mistaken before Duncan, so I wouldnt exactly say he didnt sniff the Finals. And he had a very solid team? Come on nigga we both know thats false.

WCF = Finals?

Gotcha.

They won 62 games. You don't win that many games without a solid team.

Does this year completely erase all the times where he not only missed shots, but would sometimes even dissapear and defer to the likes of Terry? Watch the last 5+ minutes of Game 3 in the 06' Finals, nigga attempts like one shot. Watch the meltdown against the Blazers this year. The near meltdown in Game 6 against the same Blazers where Terry had to come through in the clutch. Dont kid yourself, Dirk has had his big moments especially this playoff run but he is nowhere close to being one of the best clutch performers of all-time.

Everyone has their times when things don't go their way. Even guys like Jordan, Kareem, Hakeem, Bird, etc... wasn't flawless in this regard. But there are a lot more times that these guys did succeed, as opposed to not succeeding in these situations. Same for Dirk. For every legitimately bad clutch performance, I can name 2 great ones.

ambchang
07-28-2011, 03:40 PM
It has been 2 minutes, I am waiting for another random rule that everyone has to follow because Zissou says so.

FkLA
07-28-2011, 03:41 PM
Dirk ringing and solidifying himself as a top 20-25 player of all time really hurts FkLa's feelings.

*top 10-15 actually, but only offensively

Ive said the nigga was the undisputed #1 on the Mavs this year. That hes one of the best offensive players of this generation. That his fadeaway is a probably a Top 5 most unstoppable move of all-time. Enlighten me as to what else Im missing.

dirk4mvp
07-28-2011, 03:41 PM
*top 10-15 actually, but only offensively

Ive said the nigga was the undisputed #1 on the Mavs this year. That hes one of the best offensive players of this generation. That his fadeaway is a probably a Top 5 most unstoppable move of all-time. Enlighten me as to what else Im missing.

He is a top 20-25 player of all time, there's not really an argument against it now.

stretch
07-28-2011, 03:42 PM
Seriously, I'm glad for Dirk and how this playoff run ensured his legacy won't be diminished by ignorant fans who can't see how unique a player he has been. It just pisses me off when people want to make Robinson eat the shit sandwich alone for 95, as if Rodman's antics never happened. I'm sure it was Shaq and Cuban chasing him around with a bible that made him such a disaster in LA and Dallas too.

tbqh, I'm not sure any of the Mavs fans here honestly are trying to hold that against D-Rob. I have nothing but respect for the guy, and he used to be one of my favorite players in the league. I think anyone who has posted on ST long enough, knows exactly what is going on in this thread.

ambchang
07-28-2011, 03:43 PM
I knew I wouldn't be disappointed. New rule by Zissou: I interpret whatever you want to say however i want and you have to agree that you said what I say you said.

ambchang
07-28-2011, 03:44 PM
2-straight and 3-straight is regulating the interwebs like he is supposed to.

stretch
07-28-2011, 03:44 PM
all we need is a laker fan to argue that Kobe > Duncan or Robinson, and ambchang will go on a 5 page rant on how Mo Williams > Kobe in his retarded research

FkLA
07-28-2011, 03:49 PM
lol magic
lol bird
lol both were poor defenders with other massive holes in their game
lol still 2 of the 10 greatest players ever

Both those players were clearly better all-around players than Dirk. Your boy Diggler is great at one thing, putting the ball in the hoop. Magic and Bird could do alot more than just score. Both were great rebounders for their position and were some of the best passers in the league.

WCF = Finals?

Gotcha.

They won 62 games. You don't win that many games without a solid team.

You said he didnt sniff the Finals, not that he didnt reach them. WCF is as close as you can get.

You win them by having the DPOY and MVP on your team. You win them by having a player finish in the Top 5 in scoring, rebounding, and blocked shots. You win them by having a player on the first team All-NBA and All-Defense.

Everyone has their times when things don't go their way. Even guys like Jordan, Kareem, Hakeem, Bird, etc... wasn't flawless in this regard. But there are a lot more times that these guys did succeed, as opposed to not succeeding in these situations. Same for Dirk. For every legitimately bad clutch performance, I can name 2 great ones.

Can you name 2 chokejobs by any of those all-time clutch performers that rival Dirk's in 06' and 07'?

FkLA
07-28-2011, 03:52 PM
He is a top 20-25 player of all time, there's not really an argument against it now.

In what area am I not giving Dirk his due?

stretch
07-28-2011, 03:52 PM
Both those players were clearly better all-around players than Dirk. Your boy Diggler is great at one thing, putting the ball in the hoop. Magic and Bird could do alot more than just score. Both were great rebounders for their position and were some of the best passers in the league.

How do you win games? Scoring more points than your opponent.

How do you score points? You put the ball in the hoop.

Dirk is great at doing the ultimate goal in basketball... scoring the most points.

You said he didnt sniff the Finals, not that he didnt reach them. WCF is as close as you can get.

Still not in them.

You win them by having the DPOY and MVP on your team. You win them by having a player finish in the Top 5 in scoring, rebounding, and blocked shots. You win them by having a player on the first team All-NBA and All-Defense.

But but but I thought its a team game? You keep whining about how the Mavs won a championship as a team, with good guys surrounding Dirk. I'd say that applies in this case too. You can't win 60+ games with one player.

Can you name 2 chokejobs by any of those all-time clutch performers that rival Dirk's in 06' and 07'?

Probably not, but then again, no one here said Dirk is on the same level as guys like MJ and Kareem. So that's a pretty moot point.

baseline bum
07-28-2011, 03:56 PM

I'd only say Nowitzki has one bad game in 06. 07 was certainly a textbook choke though. As was Bird's in 83 and Magic's in 84.

ambchang
07-28-2011, 03:58 PM
No you got that wrong.

Yes sir. As a Spurstalk poster, what I post and how I think should be regulated by you, because you have the self-appointed authority to somehow set up random rules at your convenience.

When will the next rule pop up? Would 5:21 be a good time, or do you prefer to do that when you have no valid points to make and need to move the goal post?

ambchang
07-28-2011, 04:00 PM
all we need is a laker fan to argue that Kobe > Duncan or Robinson, and ambchang will go on a 5 page rant on how Mo Williams > Kobe in his retarded research

I would have thought that applying your logic in a consistent manner is what you want.

BTW, Billups > Stockton according to MK.

FkLA
07-28-2011, 04:02 PM
How do you win games? Scoring more points than your opponent.

How do you score points? You put the ball in the hoop.

Dirk is great at doing the ultimate goal in basketball... scoring the most points

You can also outscore your opponent by playing better defense than them and thus allowing less points. Ive never denied Dirk is a great offensive player btw, I put him as maybe a Top 15 offensive player ever.

Still not in them.

I never argued he was in them w/o TD. I argued your claim that he never sniffed them.

But but but I thought its a team game? You keep whining about how the Mavs won a championship as a team, with good guys surrounding Dirk. I'd say that applies in this case too. You can't win 60+ games with one player.

It would apply if those players stepped up in the playoffs the way Dirk's stepped up this year, and Robinson's Spurs were still ousted. That never happened though.

Probably not, but then again, no one here said Dirk is on the same level as guys like MJ and Kareem. So that's a pretty moot point.

As far as clutch performances go he is, atleast according to you. You clearly said he steps up in the 4th as well as any player has ever done. Which is a ridiculous statement to make tbh.

dirk4mvp
07-28-2011, 04:06 PM
In what area am I not giving Dirk his due?

by not acknowledging him as a top 20-25 player of all time, which he is.

ambchang
A choke artist = having no good teammates to help you win a championship ring. However, if management later surround you with better teammates, it helps you erase that monikor.

Top notch logic, tbh.

stretch
You can also outscore your opponent by playing better defense than and giving up less points. Ive never denied Dirk is a great offensive player, I put him as maybe a Top 15 offensive player ever.

preventing points still isn't scoring points.

I never argued he was in them w/o TD. I argued your claim that he never sniffed them.

If you smell an apple, its because you are in the presence of an apple.

D-Rob was not in the presence of an NBA Finals, thus he did not sniff them.

It would apply if those players stepped up in the playoffs the way Dirk's stepped up this year, and the Robinson's Spurs were still ousted. That never happened though.

Could it be that Dirk's stepping up and being dominant, made it easier for them to step up and be effective? Food for thought...

As far as clutch performances go he is, atleast according to you. You clearly said he steps up in the 4th as well as any player has ever done. Which is a ridiculous statement to make tbh.

I said in the Finals, he had among the greatest 4th quarter scoring averages in NBA history. I think only Shaq and MJ has ever had a higher 4th quarter average through an NBA Finals. So I believe you simply misunderstood my statement, which isn't a suprise.

dirk4mvp
07-28-2011, 04:07 PM
Drive for Five!

stretch
07-28-2011, 04:08 PM
I would have thought that applying your logic in a consistent manner is what you want.

BTW, Billups > Stockton according to MK.

Mark Madsen > D-Rob

its a simple fact

3 as a role player > 2 as a role player

Spursfan092120
07-28-2011, 04:16 PM
that bit of nut huggery was nicely executed. :tu

Sooo...me saying that I think David was better than Dirk is nuthuggery? It's called an opinion. So anytime anyone has an opinion that one person is better than another they're nuthugging? So me saying Jordan is better than Kobe is me nuthugging Jordan? I'm only asking because your concept of this term seems to be completely different from everyone else. I guess everyone in here who says David was better than Dirk is a nuthugger too? Get a life, Blake..and while you're at it, get that big fucking stick out of your ass.

FkLA
07-28-2011, 04:19 PM

Really? I had no idea.

Im giving your boy his props offensively, what more do you want?

Nahh nigga, pretty sure sniffing=getting close :lol

Why didnt you just say he never reached the Finals w/o TD to begin with?

Could it be that Dirk's stepping up and being dominant, made it easier for them to step up and be effective? Food for thought...

Sure it helped, but its not like DRob wasnt dominant as well.

Wouldve liked to have seen DRob shoot 40% from the field in a WCF series and the Spurs still win the series tbh.

I said in the Finals, he had among the greatest 4th quarter scoring averages in NBA history. I think only Shaq and MJ has ever had a higher 4th quarter average through an NBA Finals. So I believe you simply misunderstood my statement, which isn't a suprise.

Show me where you said in the Finals, you didnt specifically say the Finals. Not that it would matter bc the 06' chokejob cannot be overlooked.

FkLA
07-28-2011, 04:23 PM
by not acknowledging him as a top 20-25 player of all time, which he is.

I have actually, pretty sure I said imho he was somewhere around the Top 25 range in a thread discussing where he ranks now...case could be made that hes just in or on the verge of it. Doesnt mean hes better than Robinson though.

stretch
07-28-2011, 04:27 PM
Really? I had no idea.

Im giving your boy his props offensively, what more do you want?

Never said I wanted anything. Just stating facts and regulating those who need to be regulated.

Nahh nigga, pretty sure sniffing=getting close :lol

Why didnt you just say he never reached the Finals w/o TD to begin with?

Nope. He never sniffed the Finals. If he was in them, he would have.

Sure it helped, but its not like DRob wasnt dominant as well.

Wouldve liked to have seen DRob shoot 40% from the field in a WCF series and the Spurs still win the series tbh.

He was pretty inconsistent in that series against the Rockets, and got completely facefucked by Hakeem in the process.

I don't think there has been many, if any series that the Mavs won where Dirk shot 40% or worse, especially against a good team.

Show me where you said in the Finals, you didnt specifically say the Finals. Not that it would matter bc the 06' chokejob cannot be overlooked.

No, I never specifically said that, although one would think it would be implied considering our conversation has been about these guys being in the Finals. Or rather Dirk leading a team to the finals, something D-Rob never did. Then again, comprehension isn't a strong suit for you, so I should have known better.

If Dirk choked in 06, then D-Rob choked against Houston. Is that what you are saying?

Blake
07-28-2011, 04:32 PM
He was pretty inconsistent in that series against the Rockets, and got completely facefucked by Hakeem in the process.

If Dirk choked in 06, then D-Rob choked against Houston. Is that what you are saying?

I forget, who was it that facefucked Dirk in 06?

stretch
07-28-2011, 04:36 PM
I forget, who was it that facefucked Dirk in 06?

The same guy that Dirk facefucked, and ended up beating.

Unfortunately for Davey, he couldn't facefuck back. He could only get facefucked.

FkLA
07-28-2011, 04:42 PM
Never said I wanted anything. Just stating facts and regulating those who need to be regulated.

lol

You try to deflect the original argument, that Dirk does not compare to all-time greats when it comes to versatility/other aspects of the game. He really only rivals them in scoring, which Ive more than given him props for.

Nope. He never sniffed the Finals. If he was in them, he would have.

lol changing the meaning of sniffing

He got facefucked on the defensive end. He put up his numbers on the other end, the rest of the team didnt follow.

I don't think there has been many, if any series that the Mavs won where Dirk shot 40% or worse, especially against a good team.

42% just this past series

No, I never specifically said that, although one would think it would be implied considering our conversation has been about these guys being in the Finals. Or rather Dirk leading a team to the finals, something D-Rob never did. Then again, comprehension isn't a strong suit for you, so I should have known better.

lol keep moving those goal posts

You compared him to the all-time clutch performers, so this has nothing to do with Robinson. He wasnt an all-time clutch performer but than again neither is Dirk, regardless of what he did this yr.

stretch
07-28-2011, 04:55 PM
lol

You try to deflect the original argument, that Dirk does not compare to all-time greats when it comes to versatility/other aspects of the game. He really only rivals them in scoring, which Ive more than given him props for.

lol changing the meaning of sniffing

He got facefucked on the defensive end. He put up his numbers on the other end, the rest of the team didnt follow.

42% just this past series

lol keep moving those goal posts

You compared him to the all-time clutch performers, so this has nothing to do with Robinson. He wasnt an all-time clutch performer but than again neither is Dirk, regardless of what he did this yr.

:sleep

ambchang
07-28-2011, 04:55 PM
Mark Madsen > D-Rob

its a simple fact

3 as a role player > 2 as a role player

Works well with your logic.

FkLA
07-28-2011, 04:57 PM
:sleep

checkmate

ambchang
07-28-2011, 04:57 PM
dirk is top 15, anything else and you're just hating

Today must be international MavKrew-make-up-a-rule day. Or have I missed all those days in the past?

Blake
07-28-2011, 04:59 PM
The same guy that Dirk facefucked, and ended up beating.

Unfortunately for Davey, he couldn't facefuck back. He could only get facefucked.

aw, that's right.

I got my years mixed up.

I was trying to think of the guy that facefucked Dirk in 07.

stretch
07-28-2011, 05:08 PM
checkmate

indeed. congrats to you :toast

Monostradamus
Today must be international MavKrew-make-up-a-rule day. Or have I missed all those days in the past?

There's a rule for that.

stretch
aw, that's right.

I got my years mixed up.

Don Nelson?

FkLA
07-28-2011, 05:12 PM
indeed. congrats to you :toast

Monostradamus
07-28-2011, 05:16 PM
aw, that's right.

I got my years mixed up.

Zach Randolph? Whoops sorry he's the guy who facefucked Tim Duncan a few months ago.

BoricuaCJA
07-28-2011, 05:30 PM
dirk is top 15, anything else and you're just hating
Can you tell us your top 20 of all time?

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-28-2011, 05:57 PM
And faith impacts basketball how?
Rodman was tired of being chased around with a bible so he quit on D-Rob. If a co-worker started chasing me around with a bible and tried to shove jesus down my throat, I'd quit on him too.

Findog's Ex Fiancee
07-28-2011, 06:03 PM
lolol Nowitzki is the most 1 dimensional star I've ever seen. He can't pass, his defense is mediocre. he has no all-around game. His finals weren't even that good. He's overrated in this place, because the Mavs homos get mad when people talk bar about him:lollolol

Stretch is such a fucking homer, his basketball opinions are so bad

Rose
Lebron
Dwyane Wade
Kobe
Durant
Dwight Howard

Are all currently better than Nowitzki

Proxy
07-28-2011, 06:42 PM
lolol Nowitzki is the most 1 dimensional star I've ever seen. He can't pass, his defense is mediocre. he has no all-around game. His finals weren't even that good. He's overrated in this place, because the Mavs homos get mad when people talk bar about him:lollolol

Stretch is such a fucking homer, his basketball opinions are so bad

Rose
Lebron
Dwyane Wade
Kobe
Durant
Dwight Howard

Are all currently better than Nowitzki

all the players you listed are also blacker than Dirk. They are also flashy, and get by far the most ESPN time.

You want to define a winner? It's doing what your team needs, and doing it well. Dirk did that. Every FMVP did that. 4 of the 6 players you listed have yet to do what Dirk just did.

one could argue that the other two had shaq and stern helping them

DeadlyDynasty
07-28-2011, 08:56 PM

Kobe > Duncan or Robinson

DPG21920
07-28-2011, 09:29 PM
Kobe > Duncan or Robinson

No.

DeadlyDynasty
07-28-2011, 09:32 PM
No.

Shut up.

DPG21920
07-28-2011, 09:43 PM
Ok.

badfish22
07-29-2011, 02:13 AM
Your boy Diggler is great at one thing, putting the ball in the hoop.

Its hilarious how spurfan keep saying this. Completely ignoring how much attention he draws with double teams, his ability to find open three pointer shooters, and the fact that hes deadly in the pick and roll. Ask the Lakers. http://nbaplaybook.com/2011/05/09/the-key-factor-in-dallas-three-point-barrage-dirk-nowitzki/

Jason Kidds three point shooting went way up once he joined Dallas. And that wasn't all because he just decided to get better all of a sudden. Most of his threes are wide open looks off a Dirk pass. He makes his teammates a lot better than some credit him for. That why his advanced stats are always so high and why he was able to carry his teams.

Blake
07-29-2011, 08:43 AM
Don Nelson?

na, that's the guy that Dirk tittyfucked in 98

ambchang
07-29-2011, 10:13 AM
Rodman was tired of being chased around with a bible so he quit on D-Rob. If a co-worker started chasing me around with a bible and tried to shove jesus down my throat, I'd quit on him too.

It's Robinson's fault Rodman quits. Got it.

Another rule, but this time not by a MavKrew ....

I mean, Rodman quits on the Pistons before he was traded, he clashed repeatedly with Bob Hill when he was on the Spurs, but it was Robinson's fault.

I am waiting on some other things to be blamed on Robinson. Was it his fault Vinny Del Negro played like crap his entire career? Was it his fault Sean Elliott missed two crucial FTs in Game 1 vs. the Rockets? Was it his fault his starting PG made 1 career 3pt in the playoffs? Was it his fault Rodman quits? Oh wait ... that was already covered.

Ginobilly
07-29-2011, 12:44 PM
LOL at Mav fans completely ignoring Terry's( I hate the little bitch, but he is clutch as fuck at times and scares me) and Barea's offensive contributions in the 2011 playoffs( and also ignoring chandler's and Marion's defensive contributions). To me it looked like they were the 2nd and 3rd options throughout the playoffs after Dirk(just like how Tony, Manu, and Jack took turns being the 2nd option in 03), or was it Dirk doing everything to win?(scoring, rebounds, passing, defensive, etc) And they also ignore the fact that he had HOFamer Jason Kidd to help him out! Truth is, it takes a team to win a championship.

Truth is, replace a prime Robinson with Dirk 2011's supporting cast, and that team would beat the living shit outta of Robinson's 95 team.

Barea,Terry, Kidd>>>>>>>>>>>Vinny del Negro/Avery Johnson:lmao
Marion>>>Elliott
Chandler>>>Rodman

I don't know if they will beat Hakeem's Rockets, but they'll probably take them to 7 imho.

07-29-2011, 12:48 PM
LOL at Mav fans completely ignoring Terry's( I hate the little bitch, but he is clutch as fuck at times and scares me) and Barea's offensive contributions in the 2011 playoffs( and also ignoring chandler's and Marion's defensive contributions). To me it looked like they were the 2nd and 3rd options throughout the playoffs after Dirk(just like how Tony, Manu, and Jack took turns being the 2nd option in 03), or was it Dirk doing everything to win?(scoring, rebounds, passing, defensive, etc) And they also ignore the fact that he had HOFamer Jason Kidd to help him out! Truth is, it takes a team to win a championship.

Truth is, replace a prime Robinson with Dirk 2011's supporting cast, and that team would beat the living shit outta of Robinson's 95 team.

Marion>>>Elliott
Chandler>>>Rodman

I don't know if they will beat Hakeem's Rockets, but they'll probably take them to 7 imho.

that was a good laugh

Ginobilly
07-29-2011, 12:52 PM
Just because Dirk won one ring doesn't erase the fact that he isn't better player than a prime Robinson, just like how one game winning shot by Avery Johnson doesn't erase all of his shortcoming as a player throughout Robinson's prime. I can't believe we had such a crappy PG throughout the Robinson years who couldn't even hit a three in practice.

Ignignokt
07-29-2011, 01:11 PM
Robinson was a better player than Dirk. No dispute. If you had a chance to build a team on either player, you'd do it with robinson.

Also, Robinson was a rod strickland bad pass away from playing jordan his second year in the league.

Robinson could outrun and outmuscle nowitzki. You put Dirk on that Robinson 95 team. Houston sweeps.

Anyone who thinks Dirk would be a better franchise player than Robinson prolly only watched MJ highlights throughout the nineties.

endrity
07-29-2011, 02:07 PM
I take the guy that knows how to close games and be unguardable when it matters.

badfish22
07-29-2011, 02:21 PM

Marion>>>Elliott
Chandler>>>Rodman

This whole thing was a joke right? I really can't bring myself to respond to it.

badfish22
07-29-2011, 02:22 PM
Robinson was a better player than Dirk. No dispute. If you had a chance to build a team on either player, you'd do it with robinson.

Also, Robinson was a rod strickland bad pass away from playing jordan his second year in the league.

Robinson could outrun and outmuscle nowitzki. You put Dirk on that Robinson 95 team. Houston sweeps.

Anyone who thinks Dirk would be a better franchise player than Robinson prolly only watched MJ highlights throughout the nineties.

:lol I like this "maybe if I'm really strong in my stance, I'll look smart" approach.

Ignignokt
07-29-2011, 11:40 PM
:lol I like this "maybe if I'm really strong in my stance, I'll look smart" approach.

So tell me, what would be the series against olajuwon if you substuted Dirk in for Robinson on that spurs team?

Ignignokt
07-29-2011, 11:41 PM
I take the guy that knows how to close games and be unguardable when it matters.

that's nice. How would have dirk carried the 95 spurs team against the championship rockets?

Roger Freemason Jr.
07-30-2011, 02:09 AM
Robinson>Dirk, but Dirk still has a couple more years left, so we'll see what happens. But at this point, an amazing all around player who contributed in every way is still better than an exceptional jump shooter.

badfish22
07-30-2011, 04:07 AM
So tell me, what would be the series against olajuwon if you substuted Dirk in for Robinson on that spurs team?

It was more the
that I was referring to.

blizz
07-30-2011, 07:03 AM
Seriously? Picking on a retired for over 10 years player who is an outstanding human being? What's the point of that? You Dallas fans are completely classes, pathetic, sorry human beings.

dirk4mvp
07-30-2011, 07:08 AM

Lincoln
07-30-2011, 07:53 AM
Fuck Dallas, classless shithole. Prob a top 3 city in the us in classlessness that I've been too

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-30-2011, 10:53 AM
Seriously? Picking on a retired for over 10 years player who is an outstanding human being? What's the point of that? You Dallas fans are completely classes, pathetic, sorry human beings.
:lmao:lmao:lmao

PS - He retired in 2003. He hasn't been retired for over 10 years, lol GNSF.

Monostradamus
07-30-2011, 11:29 AM
Robinson>Dirk, but Dirk still has a couple more years left, so we'll see what happens. But at this point, an amazing all around player who contributed in every way is still better than an exceptional jump shooter.

Exceptional jump shooter who leads his team to a title > Amazing all around player who couldn't get it done as a #1

Monostradamus
07-30-2011, 11:31 AM
:lmao same people who would argue on end that KG > Dirk because KG got a ring and Dirk didn't, supporting cast be damned. Now when it's stated that Robinson couldn't ring as a #1, conveniently the "supporting cast doesn't matter, leading your team to a title does" argument goes out the window.

Then they say ":cry Robinson was co-leader in 99 and was the spiritual leader in 03" and point to a 13 point performance to prove it.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-30-2011, 11:33 AM
It's also funny how Terry, Kidd, Marion, and Stevenson are all the sudden clutch big time performers Spurfan talks up as WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than anyone classy Robinson (:cry) ever had

Monostradamus
07-30-2011, 11:37 AM
It's also funny how Terry, Kidd, Marion, and Stevenson are all the sudden clutch big time performers Spurfan talks up as WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than anyone classy Robinson (:cry) ever had

:lol then of course pre-ring, when it was convenient for their argument, it's "Terry, Kidd, Marion, Stevenson and everyone else besides Dirk is a choking scrub!!! Cuban is a classless moron and that's why Dallas will never win a title! I bet the Rockets will be better than Dallas this year! Dirk is an idiot for signing a new contract with this team of scrubs!"

DPG21920
07-30-2011, 12:16 PM
Winning a title is the worst thing that could have happened for MK because now they have nothing to scoff anymore since they aren't the sad little puppies. Now they are basically going through the first GNSF stages because they are so damn giddy.

Ignignokt
07-30-2011, 12:21 PM

So how would have dirk done against the Rockets in 95 in place of Robinson?

Ignignokt
07-30-2011, 12:21 PM
:lmao same people who would argue on end that KG > Dirk because KG got a ring and Dirk didn't, supporting cast be damned. Now when it's stated that Robinson couldn't ring as a #1, conveniently the "supporting cast doesn't matter, leading your team to a title does" argument goes out the window.

Then they say ":cry Robinson was co-leader in 99 and was the spiritual leader in 03" and point to a 13 point performance to prove it.

So how would have dirk done against the Rockets in 95 in place of Robinson?

Monostradamus
07-30-2011, 12:25 PM
Don't care. He got it done in 2011.

Monostradamus
07-30-2011, 12:25 PM
Winning a title is the worst thing that could have happened for MK because now they have nothing to scoff anymore since they aren't the sad little puppies. Now they are basically going through the first GNSF stages because they are so damn giddy.

:lmao bitter cuz you were wrong about dem mavs

Axe Murderer
07-30-2011, 12:33 PM
luva goods, chloroform rag, naruto, chuckbox, par per etc

DPG21920
07-30-2011, 12:34 PM
:lmao bitter cuz you were wrong about dem mavs

Ok.

Roger Freemason Jr.
07-30-2011, 02:18 PM
Well.. The fact that MK spends such an abundant amount of time on this forum, still speaks volumes about who they are and how they hold themselves up. They're not men, none of them are "hardass" no matter how much they puff themselves up, they still spend the majority of their time on a Spurs website, like dorks.

DMC
07-30-2011, 03:16 PM
This kind of mindless banter is why we go to the experts for their analysis.

How do the experts rank David vs Dirk?

I will live with that.

DMC
07-30-2011, 03:18 PM

So list the stages. It seems they are now in the "our guy is the best ever" stage.

Is the next stage "we get no respect as a team from news outlets"?

Monostradamus
07-30-2011, 03:45 PM
Well.. The fact that MK spends such an abundant amount of time on this forum, still speaks volumes about who they are and how they hold themselves up. They're not men, none of them are "hardass" no matter how much they puff themselves up, they still spend the majority of their time on a Spurs website, like dorks.

:lmao It's ShoogarBear's "so why exactly does Mav Fan spend all his time on Spurs message board? Is it because other Mav Fan websites are like exercise bikes that got a little too close to Dirk?" except remixed for 2011.

Findog's Ex Fiancee
07-30-2011, 04:38 PM
^ mono's reaction when the Mavs fail again due to Nowitzki not being elite anymore.

Lincoln
07-30-2011, 05:01 PM

:lmao says the 5'11 250lb fatfuck who thinks he is good at basketball :lmao :lmao

Roger Freemason Jr.
07-31-2011, 02:57 AM
:lmao says the 5'11 250lb fatfuck who thinks he is good at basketball :lmao :lmao

I'll ball up on your ass punk. Btw, 220. & most of it comes from my lap rocket. Your mother can vouch for me.

Ignignokt
07-31-2011, 03:09 AM
Don't care. He got it done in 2011.

I wouldn't care either, that scenario would clearly make the German inferior to David Robinson.

Rain318
07-31-2011, 03:53 AM
Im really having a hard time seeing how any of this matters or even makes sense. . . the moral of this story is who cares. Mavs finally win a championship and expect everyone who said something bad about them to bend over, grease their hole, and say Merry Christmas. Mavs welcome to the championship club u finally won a ring but dont let it get to ur head for Christ sake. Bottomline Dirk is not DRob and DRob is not Dirk, they are two completely different players with two completely different playing styles who gives a flying fuqq about if he was the #1 option or not they both have championships and that matters at the end of the day. Again Congrats on finally winning ring, enjoy it, but for the love of Buddha stfu with all of this Dirk is God fuckery

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-31-2011, 08:49 AM
I'll ball up on your ass punk. Btw, 220. & most of it comes from my lap rocket. Your mother can vouch for me.
Yo' momma jokes.....how clever!

:lol 5'11" 230

dude1394
07-31-2011, 09:22 AM
I'd only say Nowitzki has one bad game in 06. 07 was certainly a textbook choke though. As was Bird's in 83 and Magic's in 84.

Dirk had to hock up Avery johnsons idiocy and the ridiculousness that was jason Terry and devin Harris playing point.

It was way to much to swallow. Avery should have been fired the day after the Miami series, it took another blowout to clarify it. Worst move by cubes since letting nashie go was to hire an inexperienced community organizer to lead the team. Whoops, I interposed my clueless leaders there.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-31-2011, 09:24 AM
Letting Nash leave helped the Mavs win a championship, idk how anyone says that was a dumb move.

dude1394
07-31-2011, 09:25 AM

+/- defensively for dirk tells a different story.

dude1394
07-31-2011, 09:29 AM

Marion>>>Elliott
Chandler>>>Rodman

I doubt it. Who is drawing a double on that team?

dude1394
07-31-2011, 09:30 AM
Just because Dirk won one ring doesn't erase the fact that he isn't better player than a prime Robinson, just like how one game winning shot by Avery Johnson doesn't erase all of his shortcoming as a player throughout Robinson's prime. I can't believe we had such a crappy PG throughout the Robinson years who couldn't even hit a three in practice.

Hear hear. Ill be interested to see how long he'll last in jersey. Three years is my guess. And he'll be lucky to sniff the playoffs.

dude1394
07-31-2011, 09:32 AM

Its hard to say, since they wouldn't have anyone who could guard dirk. Who would be the center, probably would need a defensive only dude to try and check Hakeem.

dude1394
07-31-2011, 09:36 AM
Letting Nash leave helped the Mavs win a championship, idk how anyone says that was a dumb move.

It was idiocy, especially because he left for nothing. It took us 5 years to get a decent point guard in here.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-31-2011, 09:54 AM
The Mavs never become a half-decent defensive team, let alone the great defensive team they are now, if they have Steve Nash on the roster getting shat on by Mike Bibby and Tony Parker in the playoffs.

Axe Murderer
07-31-2011, 01:17 PM

5'11, 220???

that's a solid bball weight bro. How come you didn't get any offers?

dirk4mvp
07-31-2011, 01:58 PM
It's a wonder he didn't tbh, with the way he plays exactly like Manu and all.

Lincoln
07-31-2011, 02:03 PM
:lmao what a fucking fatass. He prob couldn't even play 3 possessions of full court basketball.
:lmao 5'11 center

Monostradamus
07-31-2011, 02:54 PM
The Mavs never become a half-decent defensive team, let alone the great defensive team they are now, if they have Steve Nash on the roster getting shat on by Mike Bibby and Tony Parker in the playoffs.

:tu

re-sign Nash and they don't go to the Finals in 06 and don't win a title in 11. His defense is so bad there's no masking it. Nash can't play championship level defense, unlike Dirk.

GoodOdor
07-31-2011, 03:17 PM

re-sign Nash and they don't go to the Finals in 06 and don't win a title in 11. His defense is so bad there's no masking it. Nash can't play championship level defense, unlike Dirk.

Crolf, let's not get crazy here. Sure, Dirk isn't nearly as bad as he used to be, but at no point in the playoffs did he play "championship level defense".

Monostradamus
07-31-2011, 03:19 PM
Crolf, let's not get crazy here. Sure, Dirk isn't nearly as bad as he used to be, but at no point in the playoffs did he play "championship level defense".

Did Dirk win a championship?

Did Dirk play on the defensive end while winning said championship?

Dirk Played Championship Level Defense.

GoodOdor
07-31-2011, 03:20 PM

Interesting logic tbh.

Monostradamus
07-31-2011, 03:27 PM
just facts, tbh.

Axe Murderer
07-31-2011, 03:43 PM
Interesting logic tbh.

Dirk played defense well enough to win a title, he played championship level defense

Bowen played championship level offense in 03, 05, 07

Shaq shot free throws at a championship level in 00-02 and 06

these are teengkz we know i sed

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-31-2011, 07:04 PM

:lol if Nash was still on the team when they traded for Chandler, there woulda been a locker room clash ultimately resulting in the Mavs getting blown up. Tyson woulda come in demanding Dallas become a defense first, half-court oriented team, and Nash woulda complained about how the Mavs' new style isn't fun (:cry), about how he misses Don Nelson (:cry), and about how he misses all of his fwiends who were traded away (:cry).

Of course, it woulda never gotten to that point. Nash would have clashed with Avery Johnson, and if they decided to keep Nash and get rid of Avery, then he woulda clashed with Carlisle. The fact Phoenix fans still point and laugh at Cuban, ":lmao you let M-V-Stevie leave your team and got nothing in return :lmao," in spite of a finals birth, 67 win season, and a fuckin championship, just shows how retarded Phoenix's general population is.

dirk4mvp
07-31-2011, 07:06 PM
ham

Dunc n Dave
07-31-2011, 09:07 PM
Here's a little history lesson for some of you Mavs fans who were too young to see a PRIME DRob before the back injuries in '96 made him a shell of his former self.

Jan of 1992 vs a prime Jordan led Bulls team in the middle of their 1st 3-peat.

Watch how FIVE-OH put his defensive mark on the Bulls with 3 blocks and a steal where he OUTRUNS MJ for a breakaway dunk, all in the first four minutes of the game.

Dude finished this game with 8 blocks (2 of them were on Jordan DUNK attempts), 3 steals, 13 rebounds (5 offensive) and 21 points. And yes, the Spurs won the game against the champs 109-104.

-iKzLrGHU3k

http://youtu.be/-iKzLrGHU3k

Axe Murderer
07-31-2011, 09:11 PM
Here's a little history lesson for some of you Mavs fans who were too young to see a PRIME DRob before the back injuries in '96 made him a shell of his former self.

Jan of 1992 vs a prime Jordan led Bulls team in the middle of their 1st 3-peat.

Watch how FIVE-OH put his defensive mark on the Bulls with 3 blocks and a steal where he OUTRUNS MJ for a breakaway dunk, all in the first four minutes of the game.

Dude finished this game with 8 blocks (2 of them were on Jordan DUNK attempts), 3 steals, 13 rebounds (5 offensive) and 21 points. And yes, the Spurs won the game against the champs 109-104.

iKzLrGHU3k

http://youtu.be/-iKzLrGHU3k

5 star videos, will embed them and send to a friend or two

ChuckD
07-31-2011, 09:17 PM

Dirk hid behind Chandler's skirts. The fact is, he is a one way player, and Robinson was a force both ways. His scoring title and DPOY shits on anything Dirk did in his offense only career.

dirk4mvp
07-31-2011, 09:20 PM
:lol since when is a scoring title or dpoy thought of as more important than a Finals MVP?

Dunc n Dave
07-31-2011, 09:30 PM
:lol since when is a scoring title or dpoy thought of as more important than a Finals MVP?

Tony Parker was a Finals MVP. So was Billups. Does that make either of them better than a guy like Scottie Pippen or Clyde Drexler who never won a Finals MVP, yet have championship rings?

dirk4mvp
07-31-2011, 09:33 PM
That didn't answer the question, but thanks anyway.

ChuckD
07-31-2011, 09:34 PM

Welcome to the domain of Cornbread Maxwell of the Celtics. Don't remember him? Neither does anyone else. :lol

Dunc n Dave
07-31-2011, 09:34 PM
Tony Parker was a Finals MVP. So was Billups. Does that make either of them better than a guy like Scottie Pippen or Clyde Drexler who never won a Finals MVP, yet have championship rings?

dirk4mvp
07-31-2011, 09:39 PM
Welcome to the domain of Cornbread Maxwell of the Celtics. Don't remember him? Neither does anyone else. :lol

:lmao trying to spin an argument so it fits yours. In no world is a scoring title or dpoy more prestigious than a Finals MVP

dirk4mvp
07-31-2011, 09:40 PM
hey Dunc N Dave, I know you're trying really hard but you still haven't answered the question.

Dunc n Dave
07-31-2011, 09:41 PM
:lmao trying to spin an argument so it fits yours. In no world is a scoring title or dpoy more prestigious than a Finals MVP

Dunc n Dave
07-31-2011, 09:42 PM
hey Dunc N Dave, I know you're trying really hard but you still haven't answered the question.

Ditto....

dirk4mvp
07-31-2011, 09:43 PM
Why would I answer your retarded question you're trying to spin in order for it to fit dumbass spurfan's m.o. when you still can't answer my question?

Dunc n Dave
07-31-2011, 09:48 PM
Why would I answer your retarded question you're trying to spin in order for it to fit dumbass spurfan's m.o. when you still can't answer my question?

u answer mine and I'll answer yours. It's a 2 way street, ya see....

u first....

ChuckD
07-31-2011, 10:03 PM
david robinson couldn't have lead a team with jason terry and josh howard as his sidekicks to the finals, or won a ship without duncan's help. no argument who's better really.

You're right. It's Robinson, the two way player. Dirk could never have taken some of the teams that David did to the playoffs. Negele Knight? Corey Alexander? Sweet Pea? Every player on his teams from 89 up to 97, other than Sean Elliott and a few years of Terry Cummings and Dennis Rodman was a nobody or a has been.

badfish22
07-31-2011, 10:15 PM
Dirk made his teammates better than Robinson made his

PERIOD

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-31-2011, 10:16 PM
:lmao this "two way player" argument

Scottie Pippen > Larry Bird

6 rings as the sidekick > 3 rings as the #1 option, and Bird was a 1 way player who was only better at scoring.

Roger Freemason Jr.
07-31-2011, 10:16 PM
5'11, 220???

that's a solid bball weight bro. How come you didn't get any offers?

Not that I have to explain myself to trolls, but hey, at least Axe never fails to entertain.

Lincoln is rubbish, and gives the MK a bad name. Just saying. tbqh.
everyone else is at least decent at getting laughs, and provoking anger.

& Lincoln, I still stand by what I said, I'll bulldoze through you to the rim every time, all day. & if you never heard of a big guy being an athlete, than you're probably just a scrawny little keyboard thug who couldn't throw hands for shit.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-31-2011, 10:18 PM
lol "bulldoze you to the rim"
lol fat bulldozer
lol "big guy"
lol code for fat

dirk4mvp
07-31-2011, 10:20 PM
Not that I have to explain myself to trolls, but hey, at least Axe never fails to entertain.

Lincoln is rubbish, and gives the MK a bad name. Just saying. tbqh.
everyone else is at least decent at getting laughs, and provoking anger.

& Lincoln, I still stand by what I said, I'll bulldoze through you to the rim every time, all day. & if you never heard of a big guy being an athlete, than you're probably just a scrawny little keyboard thug who couldn't throw hands for shit.

stop kidding yourself, you're on the construction company softball team. you ain't no athlete.

badfish22
07-31-2011, 10:22 PM
So....
Dirk was the better scorer
Dirk makes the players around him better than Robinson did.
Dirk was the better clutch player

Robinson was the better defender
Robinson was the better rebounder.

This is more of a debate than some think.

Statments like
Robinson was a better player than Dirk. No dispute. are foolish.

dirk4mvp
07-31-2011, 10:24 PM
to even it up to 3-3, you could add that Robinson was a way better stat padder too.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-31-2011, 10:25 PM
And if you want to use the argument a certain suicidal meth head used, ":cryDavid Robinson's math SAT score was really high:cry!"

badfish22
07-31-2011, 10:27 PM
Also, Dirk had more longevity. Hes put up 20+ for like 11 years now with many more to come. And then theres Robinson...

:lol 7 year prime

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-31-2011, 10:28 PM
Also, Dirk had more longevity. Hes put up 20+ for like 11 years now with many more to come. And then theres Robinson...

:lol 7 year prime
Of course Spurfan brings up a mysterious "back injury" as why his prime was so short.