PDA

View Full Version : The Big Lebowski’s Stoner Cottage Is For Sale

Dex
07-27-2011, 11:59 AM
http://gawker.com/5824686/the-dudes-abode-big-lebowski-house-for-sale

The Big Lebowski’s Stoner Cottage Is For Sale

http://fastcache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/7/2011/07/xlarge_biglebowski.jpg

Hello, Big Lebowski obsessives! Are you feeling unsatisfied with merely dressing up like your favorite characters from the Coen brothers' stoner-noir classic and attending conventions? Why not go a step further and live in the Dude's house? It's for sale!

But be aware: It'll run you $2,295,000, since you'd be buying not one but six "one-bedroom cottages" as part of a compound that's a "perfect candidate for a residential subdivision."

We don't know which one of the cottages was Jeff Lebowski's, but if you buy the whole compound you'll have plenty of time to figure it out. And also, plenty of time to figure out that buying a house because it was in your favorite movie is rarely a wise investment.

Viva Las Espuelas
07-27-2011, 12:03 PM
I hope it comes with a rug.

mrsmaalox
07-27-2011, 01:19 PM
Yes a rug. One that really ties the room together!

Frenzy
07-27-2011, 01:31 PM
I've never seen the movie. I was going to stream it netflix the other day and got kinda bored/sleepy. I have heard you guys speak highly of it many times so saying I was bored and never finished it would be unheard of. I keep thinking its gonna be one of those movies like napoleon dynamite where tons of people loved it,yet I never "got" it and hated it. Or something I just don't understand and think it sucks like radiohead(yall can gang up on me later :lol)

I'll give it another try soon.

cheguevara
07-27-2011, 01:41 PM
yup it's overrated.

good movie but not even Turturo's best film. You want a great film watch Barton Fink

the Jesus is funny as hell though and some parts in Lebowski make you laugh out loud like not many other films.

Tinystarz
07-27-2011, 02:06 PM
I've never seen the movie. I was going to stream it netflix the other day and got kinda bored/sleepy. I have heard you guys speak highly of it many times so saying I was bored and never finished it would be unheard of. I keep thinking its gonna be one of those movies like napoleon dynamite where tons of people loved it,yet I never "got" it and hated it. Or something I just don't understand and think it sucks like radiohead(yall can gang up on me later :lol)

http://www.gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs6/2539628_o.gif

Viva Las Espuelas
07-27-2011, 02:11 PM

Yep. That happened to me as well. I was really looking forward to see it and blah. I was pretty disappointed. I can't even remember if I finished the movie the first time. Don't know how or why I revisited it but I love it now. All The Dude wanted was his rug back.

CuckingFunt
07-27-2011, 02:58 PM
Compund?

It's a court. There are tons of them in Los Angeles.

Monostradamus
07-27-2011, 04:07 PM
Actually The Big Lebowski lived in the mansion, this is the other Lebowski's place.

Dex
07-27-2011, 04:36 PM
Actually The Big Lebowski lived in the mansion, this is the other Lebowski's place.

He's not Mr. Lebowski, he's the Dude. So that's what you call him. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Sisk
07-27-2011, 04:37 PM
The movie is unlike any movie I've ever seen. It's just.. strange. Overrated a little bit imho.

Viva Las Espuelas
07-27-2011, 04:44 PM
The movie is unlike any movie I've ever seen. It's just.. strange. Overrated a little bit imho.

That's, like, your opinion, man.

ALVAREZ6
07-27-2011, 04:54 PM

I agree with this except what's underlined...it's very overrated.

Prime1
07-27-2011, 05:08 PM
Comedy's goat imho

ginobili's bald spot
07-27-2011, 05:38 PM
Not liking The Big Lebowski is nothing to brag about. It just means that you have shit taste in movies.

Sisk
07-27-2011, 06:17 PM
Not liking The Big Lebowski is nothing to brag about. It just means that you have shit taste in movies.

Anyone "bragging" about not liking something is an idiot/hipster. I'm just stating my opinion.

Isitjustme?
07-27-2011, 06:25 PM

JJ Hickson
07-27-2011, 06:36 PM
I'm not sure what to think of The Big Lebowski. Personally, I'm waiting for fpoonsie's take on this before I decide. Anyone who thinks Easy A is "hilarious" deserves our deference on matters like these imho.

baseline bum
07-27-2011, 06:40 PM
The scene where Goodman throws Donnie's ashes all over the Dude's face after bitching about 'Nam alone makes it a classic.

Viva Las Espuelas
07-27-2011, 07:38 PM
The scene where Goodman throws Donnie's ashes all over the Dude's face after bitching about 'Nam alone makes it a classic.

such a look of disgust :lol
http://cinemonkey.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/big-lebowski-2.jpg

I piss my pants when he drives into the dumpster :lmao

ALVAREZ6
07-27-2011, 07:41 PM
I've even watched this movie multiple times, the last time being within the past 2 weeks while baked and still didn't understand the craze about it...

Monostradamus
07-27-2011, 08:40 PM
I've even watched this movie multiple times, the last time being within the past 2 weeks while baked and still didn't understand the craze about it...

that's because you're a dumbass.

Isitjustme?
07-27-2011, 08:46 PM
I dunno its a pretty complicated movie. A lot of the jokes are super hard to figure out. Took me like 24-25 viewings before I could fully understand it.

Viva Las Espuelas
07-27-2011, 08:54 PM
I dunno its a pretty complicated movie. A lot of the jokes are super hard to figure out. Took me like 24-25 viewings before I could fully understand it.
Lots of in's and out's. Lots of what have you's.

Halberto
07-28-2011, 02:24 AM
It's a lot like a Seinfeld episode. It doesn't make you laugh out loud much, but you can't help but smile the entire time.

EyH760MV3Yg

Isitjustme?
07-28-2011, 02:54 AM
Nah, its laugh out loud hilarious the whole way through. Watched it the first time with my brother and father and we were rewinding scenes so we could watch them again like every five minutes.