PDA

View Full Version : Could '12 Olympic team be most talented ever?

TD 21
07-27-2011, 07:58 PM
In lieu of Wojnarowski's column today.

Remember, Bird and Johnson were at the end of their careers in '92 and Laettner was handed a spot, because he was a college player and is white.

Presuming the labor dispute is settled and NBA players play, I think this will be the roster . . .

Starters: PF- Anthony, SF- James, C- Howard, SG- Bryant, PG- Paul

Bench: SG- Wade, C- Bosh, PG- Williams, SF- Durant, PG- Rose, C- Love, PF- Griffin

Just missed the cut: Stoudemire, Odom, Iguodala, Gordon and Curry.

Prime1
07-27-2011, 08:00 PM
No.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-27-2011, 08:05 PM
:lmao you dumbfuck Spurfans still have Bosh > Amare :lmao:lmao

Isitjustme?
07-27-2011, 08:08 PM
Bosh 1 conference championsip ring>Amare 0.

TD 21
07-27-2011, 08:15 PM
:lmao you dumbfuck Spurfans still have Bosh > Amare :lmao:lmao

Stoudemire is the slightly more talented player and he's coming off a better season, but this isn't about who's better; it's about fit.

Bosh played well on the Redeem Team and has a familiarity with many of the core players. Since either will have to play C and will not receive many touches, Bosh is the better option, because Stoudemire is a worse defender and has a bigger ego.

Stoudemire could still make it in one of the final two spots, but there aren't going to be many minutes available in those spots, which is why I suspect they go with younger players, who will just be happy to be there and who will be bigger parts of the team in the future.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-27-2011, 08:21 PM
Bosh is clearly not a better defender, anybody who still says Bosh > Amare on defense is a fucktard beaner tbh.

lefty
07-27-2011, 09:25 PM
1992 forever

Despite having Laettner

dirk4mvp
07-27-2011, 10:06 PM
Why do they always refuse to roll out a traditional lineup instead of this small ball crap every time?

In FIBA, defense wins because the refs actually let them play. Get a real PF out there who can block some shots or at least alter them at the rim rather than putting 2 SF's out there imho. no reason why paul, kobe, lebron, amare, dwight couldn't score enough points, no need for melo at PF.

Melo is the perfect 4 for international play. He always checks assholes.

Monostradamus
07-27-2011, 10:46 PM
If they were smart they'd start James at PG and Durant at 3. Kick Chris Paul or Deron Williams off the team and bring in THAT nigga Tyson Chandler.

Monostradamus
07-27-2011, 10:48 PM
tbh now lebron/kobe/durant/melo/dwight i could go with that

Or bench Kobe and start Wade, then fast break nonstop and score 200 a night.

Monostradamus
07-27-2011, 10:51 PM
would need the extra outside shooting in FIBA play, tbh. spacing.

fuck spacing when all 5 of your guys are down the court dunking the ball before those slow white Euros have even started their transition defense.

Monostradamus
07-27-2011, 10:51 PM
but even in half court sets, you still have Melo and Durant to space the floor.

MR.SILVER&BLack
07-28-2011, 12:31 AM
LaMarcus Aldridge should get the start.

Amuseddaysleeper
07-28-2011, 12:50 AM
ehh I'm gonna have to give DoK his due admit Amare > Bosh.

Bosh had his moments this past season but he's still really soft.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-28-2011, 01:19 AM
AmusedDaySleeper and DPG are like the only two people to admit they were wrong when it sure as fuck wasn't just them saying Bosh > Amare.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-28-2011, 01:25 AM
And I agree with Big Tyson in this thread. Team USA is so talented and athletic that they can skate by with small ball but it's stupid to keep up with this crap where we have 1 true center on the roster every year.

For whatever reason we've developed a myth that in Europe there's less toughness, smaller lineups, and more jump shooting. It's the opposite, there's size with every team, WAY more toughness than there is in the NBA, and the only jumpers taken are wide open ones.

DUNCANownsKOBE
07-28-2011, 01:26 AM
Dpg ain't admitted shit dude
He admitted he was wrong saying Amare wasn't a max contract player and Bosh wasn't. That's more than 90% of the other dumbfucks who said Bosh > Amare.

pass1st
07-28-2011, 01:44 AM
I'd like to see LBJ coming off the bench, but that's as likely to happen as Kobe coming off the bench.

PGDynasty24
07-28-2011, 03:06 AM
Wade is built for international game, play him starter minutes off bench. I also would like to see Lamarcus Aldridge, he owns Pau Gasol would be useful against Spain.

TDMVPDPOY
07-28-2011, 03:22 AM
the 04 team that competed in the qualifiers, b4 everyone pulled out of the olympics...most of those guys were in their primes...

MaNu4Tres
07-28-2011, 04:17 AM
The 00' team could have potentially been the very best, if the players didn't back out. IMO

Potential team:

Starters: C- Shaq- PF- Duncan- SF- Grant Hill- SG- Kobe- PG- Kidd

Bench- C-Garnett PF- Webber- SF- Vince Carter SG- Ray Allen- PG- Iverson

C/PF- Mourning SF/SG- Allan Houston or Payton

Unfortunately,Shaq, Duncan, Webber, Kobe, Iverson and Grant Hill all didn't participate, yet they all were the best in the league at their positions at the time.

Fenix
07-28-2011, 08:11 AM
92 team bench would shit on this team

stretch
07-28-2011, 10:07 AM
If they were smart they'd start James at PG and Durant at 3. Kick Chris Paul or Deron Williams off the team and bring in THAT nigga Tyson Chandler.

Yeah, Durant absolutely should be starting at the 3, and Lebron at PG would be brutal.

I doubt they will use Chandler, but a duo of Dwight and Tyson would be pretty rough defensively for opposing teams.

Honestly, I think Lamar Odom is great for international play, because of his versatility. He also will probably not end up on the team, but if I were in charge, there is absolutely no reason why I wouldn't have him in there.

endrity
07-28-2011, 11:02 AM
92, and the possible 2000 team would be so much better. Nothing like Shaq and Duncan on this team.